Horror Unearthed 2012

Kind of disappointed that the final task has that time frame considering I can't get there till 10 tonight at the earliest! But I think I'm the only one who like this new game. I've more than doubled my life force because of it.

Edited by Tarrbear

With the latest news it does have me slightly concerned... it seems to allude to a possible "sacrifice" of the leaders of each legion... I am the Morphan leader so.... um... anyone want the Morphan #1 badge? :P

a sacrifice must be made to please the gods? do we get points for that? :)

I'm a little annoyed by how tonight's task was handled... which was poorly. Communication between people was practically non-existant. And everyone should know by now that attempting to use the internet at the park is awful. There were others in the park tonight that didnt even know they were supposed to go __________ and then go __________.

I almost missed the badge scan over in NY until someone told me where it was.

Then we have the "gathering" over at HMU... again, didnt find out about this until too late. Thankfully a friend of mine gave our "masters" a heads up that i had been waiting outside to get in. Of course at that point, i was in no mood to deal with it. So i didnt even get to look at the Legion displays in the lobby. So yea, people really need to learn to communicate better.

Apparently before we left HMU, we were supposed to get some other badge scan... didnt know about that because they were also doing previous night scans for people. So yea, me and another friend didnt get that scan/badge <_<

While this was a fun addition to a lackluster year, and pretty decent for being last minute. I sort've expected certain things to be handled better & be more organized. And like i said, the not knowing where to be was quite annoying when the park was busy.

• Like 1

I had a blast last night with the final in-park task and the subsequent Q&A. I got all my updates through others I had grouped up with, and there was a team mentality going on. It was a fantastic experience, and really helped add some fresh excitement to the event.

I agree. A lot of the information was coming through facebook. That's how the Cerebin's were able to get together. Through the course of the task, we ran into other people playing the game, as we were making our way around the park. It eventually became everybody trying to find the right master. A lot of us found out about the second part of the task through facebook, or someone elses email. The Cerebin's even split up at one point and we were communicating through facebook, Twitter, text and phone calls. It really became a group effort to figure all of this out. If you were a loner last night, chances are you weren't getting the information. Last night was truly a fantastic experience. It was crazy fun.

• Like 1

A thought i had about this "twist":

maybe the twist is that you will only be credited for your legion's game's points that you've earned. that could be why the Maschorian game has the ridiculously high payout it has, because they got the game the latest? and myabe that's what "things betting better before they get worse" means? everyone flew up the leaderboards by getting so many points from that game(and the other 4 out your legion, even), then get most of them taken away since it wasn't your legion's game? that's all i could think of.

Not to sound stupid, but can someone explain to me how the hell you're supposed to play that last online game?

You balance the lanterns by moving(not clicking).the mouse back and forth for 33 seconds trying not let it hit the barrels, as they explode after a certain amount of time. Hope that helps.

There wasn't exactly a "big reveal"... as this isnt like 2008's LT where we're trying to uncover something that has happened or involving the icon.

Me and a few others got to HMU late (so annoying), but it doesn't seem like we really missed much of anything. As for what was mentioned while I was there, seemed to be the more interesting things...

They initially didnt expect anyone to reach 100,000 life force.... but that obviously blew them away by having to create higher life force badges. In other words, we made them work twice as hard with those online games :lol:

The more interesting aspect they mentioned was they had wanted to do a type of card system that would feature different results. Other than the Q&A, they had the Legion displays in the lobby with free water & cookies.

For those interested in knowing about Horror Unearthed & what went on during the "Final Task", Ricky at InsideTheMagic did a nice little write-up...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/10/horror-unearthed-game-became-hidden-gem-of-halloween-horror-nights-2012-with-fans-on-hunt-through-universal-studios/

Here is also a brief video...

And we also have a bunch of pics thanks to Wilbur Wilson of HHN in Photographs

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65174640@N04/sets/72157631668246712/

For those interested in knowing about Horror Unearthed & what went on during the "Final Task", Ricky at InsideTheMagic did a nice little write-up...

http://www.insidethe...versal-studios/

Here is also a brief video...

And we also have a bunch of pics thanks to Wilbur Wilson of HHN in Photographs

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65174640@N04/sets/72157631668246712/

I like the article cause it mentions me and my house runs, lol. :)

The article is a fun read though.

• Like 1

So can you all only see your legions game? Or is my computer not working. I'm happy at least if thats true considering I'm a masachorian.

they only have Maschorian up for all. if you win, you will receive an email of a puzzle piece for a picture revealing something about your legion. if you lose, you lose 1 percent of your total life force.