Thoughts on new street experience

I have to agree. And if we are indeed getting a more interactive street event like it seems, color me ecstatic.

Last year was my first year...and the streets didn't impress me at all. The only one I found interesting was Grown Evil, which really just had fog and the trees as theming.

So this doesn't bother me.

I have to agree with you about the streets last year, probably one of the less impressive over the past 5 years. (Nightmaze...WTF was that all about?) This is my 22nd year, I've had the chance to see the event evolve from a more or less big Halloween party to one of the biggest haunt events in the country. Sure there have been houses and zones that I wasn't overly impressed with, but as the saying goes you can't please everyone all the time.

That being said, that is where change is a really good thing...if the streets stuck to their old calculated ways, I have no doubt it would be great, but amping things up in the ways that they are takes the concept to a new level. Again, I love the fact they changed it "street experiences"...just feels more

inclusive and interactive to me.

change is a great thing when done well,

my fear will always be repeating the awful fiasco that 2007 was regarding scarezones, I guess that's the fear about change, that it might really suck

But with change comes growth, perhaps you will be surprised this year and come to find change as a good thing? :)

I have to admit that I wasn't particularly ecstatic about this idea before, but now that I see the story with the iniquitus it makes more sense and I'm intrigued. I think it's great that they are trying something different, but we don't know how "different" it's going to be. If it's just them taking the names off the maps and not actually moving around then that's not really different. I'm excited to see where they go with this, hoping that they actually move them around the park!

I'm pretty sure the cloaked figure is the iniquitus... so... that would be possibly another group.. maybe they are stationary

that would make it 7 zones, 7 houses,

from the speculation I was really expecting 8, I guess that would be okay....

I have to agree with you about the streets last year, probably one of the less impressive over the past 5 years. (Nightmaze...WTF was that all about?) This is my 22nd year, I've had the chance to see the event evolve from a more or less big Halloween party to one of the biggest haunt events in the country. Sure there have been houses and zones that I wasn't overly impressed with, but as the saying goes you can't please everyone all the time.

That being said, that is where change is a really good thing...if the streets stuck to their old calculated ways, I have no doubt it would be great, but amping things up in the ways that they are takes the concept to a new level. Again, I love the fact they changed it "street experiences"...just feels more

inclusive and interactive to me.

But with change comes growth, perhaps you will be surprised this year and come to find change as a good thing? :)

I really hope this year will have amazing zones ,I want nothing more than that, it feels that when they do things differently the result is not always a good one,

I am still hoping that these zones will be amazing, the descriptions surely have made me really interested and excited,

Okay...I have to admit...I liked Nightmaze. It didn't blow me away, but I thought it was neat.

I will no go hide in shame. haha

The first weekend I went through Nightmaze, I hated it. Nothing seemed to be going on at all. The second weekend I went through I actually got "trapped" a couple times and found it fun. I much prefer detailed SZs but after the second weekend of going through it, I didn't think it was completely terrible.

Speaking as someone who loves scarezones, I was apprehensive about this last night... but after the site update, I am really excited. It's different, and it could be a lot of fun. And hey, we even got some story to go with it. I hope we find out more about The Iniquitus and the Legions over the coming weeks.

Is anyone else reminded of sports teams with the various flags and colors? All of those hints the insiders were dropping about sports make sense now. Of course, this is a game none of us will be winning...

BTW... I liked Nightmaze too.

I'm all for the no zones thing as long as there is still good theming and atmosphere in the park (which I'm sure there will be). I've also attended nearly every year, and while I have enjoyed set zones I really think this direction could lead to a more immersive event. Think of it as the park being one big scare zone.

Okay...I have to admit...I liked Nightmaze. It didn't blow me away, but I thought it was neat.

I will no go hide in shame. haha

Oh I know.

It's alright, I'll forgive you B)

It wasn't that it was horrendous, but I think the execution and overall atmosphere probably could have been improved to a certain extent.

I have to admit that I wasn't particularly ecstatic about this idea before, but now that I see the story with the iniquitus it makes more sense and I'm intrigued. I think it's great that they are trying something different, but we don't know how "different" it's going to be. If it's just them taking the names off the maps and not actually moving around then that's not really different. I'm excited to see where they go with this, hoping that they actually move them around the park!

Great minds think alike! Just like you said, their version of "change" and "different" this year might just not be adding the zone names to the park map. I have high hopes that the new moniker of "street experiences" will be just that, an experience in itself...moreso than just the typical sz we are so used to seeing year after year.

I'm going to keep an open mind about the streets. I really enjoy walking through "stacic" zones and sitting to watch a while, but this sounds like it could be interesting.

That's our favorite past time at the event, just sitting and watching everyone else get the shit scared out them...but I'm really intrigued by this new concept this year.

I really hope this year will have amazing zones ,I want nothing more than that, it feels that when they do things differently the result is not always a good one,

I am still hoping that these zones will be amazing, the descriptions surely have made me really interested and excited,

All you can do is go in with an open mind and take it for what it is :D

My only concern is that I might be setting myself up for disappointment, if I'm misreading the description. I'm making the assumption that one of the changes will be eliminating "safe zones", like sidewalks - and if they do that, I'll be so happy I won't be able to contain it. However, I do understand that some of it may be marketing PR, and they didn't specifically say "no safe zones" in the way we understand it.

With that said, I will still be extremely excited for whatever they present to us. The only disappointment will be me relying on an incorrect presumption.

My only concern is that I might be setting myself up for disappointment, if I'm misreading the description. I'm making the assumption that one of the changes will be eliminating "safe zones", like sidewalks - and if they do that, I'll be so happy I won't be able to contain it. However, I do understand that some of it may be marketing PR, and they didn't specifically say "no safe zones" in the way we understand it.

With that said, I will still be extremely excited for whatever they present to us. The only disappointment will be me relying on an incorrect presumption.

I honestly can't see them eliminating safe zones altogether. There are just too many people who come to this event who require an emotional "break" when walking around in the park...these are the people who have no clue what kind of event they are going to and become so overwhelmed by all that is going on around them they'd probably implode if they couldn't relax somewhere. (Those kind of people are so much fun to watch!)

I'm sure we'll see a much more immersive concept than before, I but not to the point where we are surrounded by scareactors wherever we go. (That would be very costly payroll wise...LOL) You know how marketing can be with events like this, sometimes the wording is misleading.

I'm with you, I want to be able to sit just outside an area with a drink and watch people running and screaming away in fear...sometimes that can prove to be the best entertainment of all!

I hope for fog.. lots and lots of fog.

I would assume the bathrooms are "safezones".. although, we always get our faces painted (so fun!), and every time we walk in the bathroom, we get at least two or three screams. Very amusing.

Fog...and I'd LOVE to see the pumpkins return to the trees again...that to me just screams Halloween.

• Like 1

I just hope it's not 2007 all over again.

Yeah, I'm getting 2007 flashbacks from this concept. And I really didn't like the scarezones that year. :/

my fear will always be repeating the awful fiasco that 2007 was regarding scarezones

Okay... let me make one thing perfectly clear to you three. The streets in 2007 suffered due to the restrictions put onto the event from NewLineCinema. While there was only ONE "themed" SZ, they still had 4 other areas with scareactors. As Jake has already pointed out, this is basically 2008 with the same amount of scarezones except most likely NOT listed on the map like 2007. Stop complaining about what happened in 2007 when it blatantly obvious the streets will be filled.

and no clowns? unless the childhood fears has a couple of clowns, from the speculation I was expecting roaming clowns with chainsaws

it is interesting how Hollywood got their Silent Hill street zone, but we didn't

But none of these look like the Clowns that were discussed in speculation so there won't be any this round?

I had already stated in the speculation thread about a week ago that "Clowns" were not happening. It was a miscommunication from sources.

As for the lack of Silent Hill sz... we're apparently getting TWD sz instead for our "IP" related street.

So...What happened to the traditional Halloween Zone for Kidzone?

where are the trick or treaters yes?

"Traditionals" = the rumored Trick or Treater sz in Kidzone.

When information comes from sources it is a generalized "theme", not an actual description of what something is.

yeah but how many zones? 7 or 6? we are not going to get 8 zones so that is disappointing,

but still, how many?

only 6? so instead of getting one more (8) we are losing a zone? only 6 zones? that kinda sucks <_<

There are 6 "legions" & then The Iniquitus located in Central Park.

The 8th SZ was classified as "Z" (Zones), but it was never said what it actually entailed. It could very well just be randomly placed scareactors such as "The Rat Lady".

So have no fear, there is still the 8 SZs even though only 7 are listed (although technically only 6 are listed on the site at the moment.)

Edited by WESKER69

I'm kinda liking the idea of the streets this year. I think the "never staying in one place to long" thing is just a marketing ploy. I think they all will designated to specific areas.

I do wish they each got their own nice little logo though. :(

They are in Kid Zone already!

We are heading out to the park tomorrow and I was going to search for them...now I know right where to find them! Thanks Jeramy!!! :)

For me, those silly pumpkins really add to that overall Halloween ambiance.

Speaking as someone who loves scarezones, I was apprehensive about this last night... but after the site update, I am really excited. It's different, and it could be a lot of fun. And hey, we even got some story to go with it. I hope we find out more about The Iniquitus and the Legions over the coming weeks.

Is anyone else reminded of sports teams with the various flags and colors? All of those hints the insiders were dropping about sports make sense now. Of course, this is a game none of us will be winning...

This was how I felt about it too when I saw the rumor starting to get tossed around, mainly because I wasn't sure what "roaming" hordes meant. What I love about HHN and what makes it so special to me is not only the detail and immersion in the houses but the atmosphere, which the scarezones play a huge part of. I was kinda nervous about how just fog and lighting (with actors too obviously) would work but clearly that won't be the case with the site update and the scenery being set up in the park as we speak. Looks like there will be quite a few small mini-sets in the streets to help tie the particular Legion's world together which makes me very happy.

It's different, yes, but I absolutely love the concept and cannot wait to see how it's executed.

The image I was getting when I first heard about this concept was that areas would be stripped of any type of theming and that scareactors would just be randomly walking around the park. But now that I have read the descriptions, I have to say that it has now peaked my interest. And reading that areas are still going to be semi-themed puts my mind at ease. Like I said, to me it was the scarezones and theming outside of the houses, that really made HHN a step above the rest.

Since I have not been to Universal in a few week, I think I need to take a drive over there and see what they have put up so far.

I really think that each group will rotate, lets say there are 8 spots throughout the park. Each group (Cast A & B of each type with have the same starting area each night. When they come back from their 45 minute break move to the next spot and continue all night.

If thats the case, I wonder how the Scareactors break areas will work. They leave their stuff in their break area (Phones & personal items) and it would make it hard for them to get to their break area if you are across the park from it. Unless they will also rotate break areas, but then they wont have their personal items with them.

Thoughts, hmmmmmm