Dead End

Mark M.

have been through twice...

- got the shit scared out of me twice (possibly 3 times) my first time through, nothing the second (unfortunately)

- spinning tunnel is neat, but a bit underwhelming

- cool effects

- nice set details, but doesn't exactly "wow" me

- needs queue video/projected backstories on walls

I agree a video with all the amazing basckstory would help... not that it is needed to enjoy the house... just would help with people understanding these aren't ghosts in the traditional sense but entities created through sheer will.

I love this house design. It just feels so old and run down... To me, a classic haunted house. :)

My first time through this house was one that I won't forget. I was in the front of my group, with a huge gap in front of me through the whole house. I don't scare easy, but I got at least 10 or 11 GOOD scares. At one point in a hallway I got a scare from my left, then a scare from my right, then (not sure if it was one of the previous two actors again, it caught me that off guard) a THIRD scare as one of them jumped directly in front of me as their face lit up bright from their e-prompt. A triple scare. I'm pretty good at seeing booholes coming up before I get scares (unfortunately), but in Dead End, some of the actors are placed very well and you'll never see them before it's too late.

Not to mention, this house is extremely detailed, but gets dark in the right places. I thought the use of the tunnel was pretty clever, although the effect isn't as impressive if you don't walk into the hallway with the right timing.

My second run through wasn't nearly as good as the first, but I still got more scares than I would on an average run through a house.

I think it's very subjective to say this is the "scariest house ever at HHN", but I think it is definitely close.

It's houses like this & Gothic that have me coming back to HHN for more. I honestly think no one can even come close with HHN Orlando when it comes to original houses. This house was one I absolutely LOVED. And I plan on going in this house atleast twice a night every time I go. I want another year with all original houses again :/

• Like 3

It's houses like this & Gothic that have me coming back to HHN for more. I honestly think no one can even come close with HHN Orlando when it comes to original houses. This house was one I absolutely LOVED. And I plan on going in this house atleast twice a night every time I go. I want another year with all original houses again :/

yeah I have to agree, I used to defend IP houses left and right but this year original houses are the best thing of the event,

saw this house today...

My Jaw Dropped, wow... this house is so awesome, I loved it, it was amazing, much better than Legendary Truth's house, I had a really awesome time here,

I have to say, this house scared me as much as my first time in HHN back in 06, I don't know why but 3 actors got me so bad. I actually had to cross my arms because I got so scared,

the ghost effects work so well, I Can't believe how amazing this house is, I knew it was going to be good but this house scared me a lot, and the effects were really good,

the costumes were really great and the actors were really great as well,

I think this is the house of the year for me, I loved it

I was only able to get to HHN on the second night, but from what I understand from hanging out at this forum in the past, it's ususally slower/less scary at the beginning of the event because the scareactors need some time to figure out what works best?

Congratulations everyone in this house for proving that trend wrong, HOLY CRAP I WAS TERRIFIED AT PRETTY MUCH EVERY TURN WOW. The facade was amazing, the sets were gorgous, and I was looking around in a blind panic at every turn freaked out over what might happen next. That doesn't usually happen to me in houses, so bravo! (and quickly adding; although the scareactors were best here imo, pretty much every house was great with the scares with the possible exception of Penn and Teller, and the scareactors in the streets were absolutely amazing, so uh, bravo everyone else too?)

My only complaint was the tunnel thing, which I did manage to catch, but seemed kind of... I dunno, silly to me? Like something you'd see in a funhouse at a state fair? It honestly didn't mesh with the extrodinary quality of the rest of the house for me.

Trying not to add spoilers, but my best scare of the night was the very end. After getting caught hard by one particular scareactor and thinking I was safely on the way out, I turned to my friend to comment that that was the best scare yet AND THEN TWO MORE SCAREACTORS OUT OF NOWHERE AHHHHH RUNNING OUT OF THE HOUSE NOW. It was magnificent. The three scareactors involved are pretty much my heroes now.

Second best overall house for me; the scareactors were best here by far, but Gothic still wins hands down for the sheer beauty of the sets.

Quick question: I'm hearing there's backstory to this house that is apparently awesome, and I CANNOT FIND ANY OF IT ANYWHERE. This makes me sad. If anyone could point me to a forum thread where it's spelled out, or message me about it, or SOMETHING, you will officially be my favorite person in the world. ^_^

Edited by Cestlavenus

Awesome house, and an even better walkthrough Friday night in comparison to opening weekend.

I also noticed the "shiny face" actor/actress that was standing in front of the house during the media walkthroughs. He/she makes much more sense when placed in the proper scene :-)

The actors in the greenhouse area weren't really getting after it unfortunately. Not sure what cast it was, but they were just going through the motions. It looked like the tree guy was sitting the entire time haha.

Still an excellent house and one of my faves.

Went through this house for the first time last night. Actors was visibly tired (it was around 11:50), but was still blown away with it. Got a scare here and there but nothing substantial. But wow, this house is amazing. I think this will benefit from multiple walkthroughs much more than Gothic will. Some say this is how Wyandot should have been, I say this is how an adult Haunted Mansion would be, complete with Pepper's Ghost.

• Like 1

Last night I saw a couple making out on the sofa in the first scene! I almost laughed through the whole house.

This is kind of unrelated, but on friday night when in line for Dead End you cut infrount of me with your Express Pass. Yelled "Dr jimmy!" guess you didn't hear me, haha.

I really wish this house had a queue video.

Along with a queue video, I wish we were provided backstories for all of the "scary things" found inside the house. Even if this backstory content was put onto the actual HHN site.

It bugs me that they have a house like this, but nothing to back it up & expand upon it.

• Like 1

There is a terrific backstory to this house which they explained to us on the UMTH tour on Saturday. I don't understand why all this info isn't really fleshed out in print on the website like they did with the houses last year. After doing UMTH, the houses were that much better because we got the whole story. Dead End is tied for my favorite house along with Gothic. Funny.. when I first heard about Gothic, I thought it might be kind of silly. Turns out, it's just stunning. Cannot wait to go back and do this house again 10 days..

I have not been on the UMTH tour. As I understand it the house is not haunted by spirits of the dead, but rather by projections of the belief in such things by the people of Carey.

In other words it's haunted because somewhere deep down in your twisted mind... YOU WANT IT TO BE!!!!

• Like 1

There is a terrific backstory to this house which they explained to us on the UMTH tour on Saturday. I don't understand why all this info isn't really fleshed out in print on the website like they did with the houses last year. After doing UMTH, the houses were that much better because we got the whole story. Dead End is tied for my favorite house along with Gothic. Funny.. when I first heard about Gothic, I thought it might be kind of silly. Turns out, it's just stunning. Cannot wait to go back and do this house again 10 days..

Not to spam this topic, but I think people might have missed my original question in my long-ass review. SO.

Is there anywhere at all online to find this backstory? A video, a forum topic, someone messaging me, ANYTHING AT ALL I AM DESPERATE.

I had one day at the event which meant no behind the scenes, etc. and now I'm back in freaking Wisconsin so no chance of going back this year. But its often the backstory that makes the house for me, therefore I MUST KNOW.

I promise not to bring this up again because twice is more than enough, lol.

But before I end this post I want to use the Hellraise emoticon because OMG THERE IS A HELLRAISER EMOTICON. I get excited over the stupidest things. :pinhead:

I have not been on the UMTH tour. As I understand it the house is not haunted by spirits of the dead, but rather by projections of the belief in such things by the people of Carey.

In other words it's haunted because somewhere deep down in your twisted mind... YOU WANT IT TO BE!!!!

Yes, people gathered around in the house and used collective subconsciousness to create these entities that we see as spirits.

That is what our tour guide said. :P

Yes, people gathered around in the house and used collective subconsciousness to create these entities that we see as spirits.

That is what our tour guide said. :P

sounds kinda exactly like this movie:

Looks very scary, and, sounds exactly like the story behind the house O.o

Edited by Mr. Black