Alice Cooper's: Welcome to my Nightmare

Hauntfan

That nose is horrendous.

The entire mask is kinda awful lol... i like the costume she's wearing because its sexy, but the mask... blah

I kind of like the scene, but there are some things i'd probably tweak here/there. The lighting in this scene is perfect though. Like i said before, catch it at the right time when the colors are changing & its disorienting as hell.

• Like 1

I'll put my shoutouts after I get 19 hours of sleep, but I did want to put one out there now. The ceiling gag happened to the person right in front of me, and I whined something like "I always miss that scare". Our ceiling scareactor (helzo, I think it was you), was kind enough to pop right back down again to allow me my scare. Now that's service!! :D

• Like 5

I'll put my shoutouts after I get 19 hours of sleep, but I did want to put one out there now. The ceiling gag happened to the person right in front of me, and I whined something like "I always miss that scare". Our ceiling scareactor (helzo, I think it was you), was kind enough to pop right back down again to allow me my scare. Now that's service!! :D

Next time I'll try to get ya lol

sometimes it's hard to see down with the fog an I can barley hear anything with the earplugs an a 15 inch speaker above my head. LOL

• Like 1

I find I'm running out of new things to say in praise of my experiences in this house. So, since it is Welcome to my Nightmare - the cast genuinely makes me Welcome every time I'm here, and I just may end up checking in and not checking out. The usual suspects know who they are - plus last night the ops gentleman in Feed my Frankenstein that gave me hand hearts after I gave hand hearts to Alice. Hand hearts to everyone! (Just leave mine beating in my chest please).

Save a white jacket for me.

• Like 1

I find I'm running out of new things to say in praise of my experiences in this house.

^agreed. Was never really a fan of Alice Cooper.. hell, i didnt even realize i was familiar with one or two of his songs. With that being said, I'm finding myself really enjoying this house. The casts are doing well.

Although I still wish there could be a few tweaks with scareactor placement... and the house actually feels a tad short. Of course this could also be due to the fact that I have the layout embedded into my brain so I know which scene is next :lol:

• Like 2

I have decided that my favorite character in this house is the guy who shouts insults while/after he's scared you. Never fails to make me laugh (and scream).

He reminds me of the guy from Happy Gilmore who yells "Jackass!" as he's zooming away. LOL

I have decided that my favorite character in this house is the guy who shouts insults while/after he's scared you. Never fails to make me laugh (and scream).

He reminds me of the guy from Happy Gilmore who yells "Jackass!" as he's zooming away. LOL

That same guy last year screamed at me saying "you little shit" Haha, that made me laugh all night.

The entire mask is kinda awful lol... i like the costume she's wearing because its sexy, but the mask... blah

I kind of like the scene, but there are some things i'd probably tweak here/there. The lighting in this scene is perfect though. Like i said before, catch it at the right time when the colors are changing & its disorienting as hell.

I couldn't get behind this bit. Had the whole room been a lead up to a proper Black Widow room (just like DEVIL'S FOOD was to THE BLACK WIDOW on the album) then maybe I would have found it acceptable but as it stands it really just left me cold. Also, "The Black Widow" on the album is actually referred to as a male for some reason, despite the fact that the male counter part of one of the deadliest spiders in the world is quite harmless.

Maybe on my next run through I can hear Vincent Price's monologue to elevate things.

Apparently I hit this house last night during a cast change. It was around 12:40-ish... But it worked out for the best... I got Cast A's jock & I guess the last 4 scene was Cast B. So if that was you Carnage, thanks for the attention in the finale. You rocked as the Showman! :D

Apparently I hit this house last night during a cast change. It was around 12:40-ish... But it worked out for the best... I got Cast A's jock & I guess the last 4 scene was Cast B. So if that was you Carnage, thanks for the attention in the finale. You rocked as the Showman! :D

Yes chris that was me. Which btw I'm chris too. It worked out pretty well. You hit us right at the end when our energy was high. Glad you have favorites and each cast and got to experiance both last night.

And thanks I try lol

• Like 1

Great run throughs of this house tonight... of course due to the damn line (including express), I missed Cast A TWICE by like a few minutes. Literally we were across from the facade when Cast B was heading in. I was hoping to catch half-&-half like sunday night :lol:

This house is a lot of fun though. Keep it up you guys, only 2 weekends left after this.

• Like 1

did this house tonight, and, it was pretty awesome, I don't know but it felt really nice, the actors were great, the music was good, I am starting to like this house more and started to hate Penn and Teller a little bit, I don't know why but, my mind is shifting, well, not hate it but I'm getting kinda tired of going to Penn/Teller, the gags are not funny anymore the 3D is not great, and I did this because of the short line and, I was pleasantly surprised. I guess I should not have judge it so badly.

I am sorry I did, I apologize.

This house tonight was great. I got scared too, quite a few times. the actors are doing a really really great job in here :) , I might come back later, I've Done P/T too much

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 2

^understatement :P

yes, ...

I will eat my words, I was wrong, I was full of it... :blush: I take it All back.

I guess I was very disappointed with the event overall, Walking Dead and Silent Hill were huge letdowns, so I was just pissed, I don't know, I didn't like this one at first, but now that I've done all houses a couple of times when I did this one today I started to appreciate it more. I had a good time here, a little better than those other two.

yeah. it is pretty good actor wise, now I get why you like it so much.

I take it all back,

this house is good, I had a better time tonight here than before, I had fun here tonight. the actors won me over I think

Silent Hill is still not good..

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 3

yeah. it is pretty good actor wise, now I get why you like it so much.

this house is good, I had a better time tonight here than before, I had fun here tonight. the actors won me over I think

I'm really glad you're enjoying it - that's the best part of HHN, just being able to enjoy it! I have found over the years that my ultimate enjoyment comes more from actor interaction than the sets. Not that I don't love great sets - I think Uni is the best at that. If you get both, what a treat! But if I have to choose, I'll take the actors every time.

As always, my runs on Thursday were sheer delight. I got to open and close my night in this house, so I had great bookends for my evening. I still say the white suited gentlemen are some of the most polite you will find anywhere. And talented - combining courtesy and scream inducing scares is not an easy task! I've noticed that our Black Widows are becoming VERY good at taking advantage of the timing of the strobes - it's slightly reminiscent of HOH or DE when I'm going through, and suddenly find a spider lady RIGHT in my face. Mom and Dad are always good, but now that I know the showman is behind the window, I keep getting distracted by that as well. Ah, my jock - how many more delightful ways can we greet each other? Also, just be aware that when thumb wrestling with an arthritic - you're gonna win :P Helzo - your timing is impeccable, sir. Keep that up and you'll end up ripping the tonsils right out of my throat!! Great work, love seeing you! Alice - you already have my heart, you don't need to keep digging more out of that poor coma patient. And my finale showman - your charisma and energy is first rate, top notch. I just love the interaction we have at the end. Really, I could just move into that room - you could store me right by the guillotine. A few crackers and daily Nightmare, and I'm good. Love to you all!

On a more serious note, I'm quite distressed to hear our good doctor was attacked and taken to the hospital. If he does not read these boards, please extend my concern and best wishes to him. I hope everything is 100% okay, and if I'm able to make it on Sunday, to be able to interact again. Complete bullcrap for something like this to happen. Everyone - please take care!

• Like 4

This is mainly to annoy Chris. I am allowed to do this because I have bought him enough drinks over the years:

After going to AC twice with Chris on Thursday and catching Cast B each time right after change over, I went to AC last night by myself and got Cast A right off the bat.

And they were really on their game last night. Spider girls tried to eat my face, Daddy went after me (thinner Daddy than usual), Jock under the Bleachers got close followed me to the end and waved bye bye. Guy in ceiling in Stripper room tried to grab me.

neener neener neener.

• Like 4

Again, just didn't like it. The sets were meh and the scares were also meh for me. Went through twice and I'm pretty sure I got both A and B. I think the best part is the ceiling scare. But I don't know.. not a fan of his music and it felt pretty random to me, even though I know there's supposed to be a story line. Seemed like a bit of a stretch honestly. I liked the nurses with the hanging bodies.But other than that this house didn't do much for me.

The Cooper maze went up in my estimation. It seems that it's a house that gets better the more times you run through it. Not sure if that is due to the fact that I know what to expect and can't be disappointed again or that it is genuinely rewarding on multiple visits but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Noticed a bit of a story among the incoherence (again, not an issue for me as it is supposed to be the fever dream of a killer), Steven seeking retaliation from all the abusive figures in his life, but I can't fathom a Jock yelling out "I wish you were never born". Seems like something an abusive parent would say.

Also, what does the kitchen Steven say?

Edited by YourPallbearer
  • Like 1

Also, what does the kitchen Steven say?

The young Steven dummy is hiding & says "Stop! Stop it!" because his parents are supposed to be fighting. If you look at the table on the left, you'll notice the flipped chair & plate of food strewn about on the table. But since Steven's mom & dad don't really interact, the scene sort've falls flat.

However, you can say that the mom is at the sink doing what she is doing & the dad is elsewhere (living room?)... screaming at each other. (which is most likely what is going on).

The Showman in the window is actually my favorite aspect just because it makes the scene creepy.

• Like 1