The Walking Dead: Dead Inside

mr.luck

Do you know why I say that I give 100%? Because I DO give 100%. Even when I'm feeling like shit, or when I woke up for work at 6:00 AM and went straight from there to HHN without a break in between, I always do my hardest from beginning to end. I pay attention, take in my surroundings, interact even with people that I don't intend to scare or failed to get a scare from, and always move with full force. Even on a set that's doing relatively poorly, I will never slow down or allow people to pass me by unless there is something seriously wrong with me or the situation.

And I've talked to others who agree with this sentiment. We all know how well we're doing, and knowing that you're delivering quality work isn't just from having an ego. It's from seeing the reactions from people around us, and comparing ourselves to others. A good actor can know when he sees bad acting (I should know, considering my career), and knows the mistakes that they're making. Anyone in any job should be able to tell when someone is making a mistake or not putting forth 100%, just like they should know when THEY'RE doing poorly and need to step up.

I wanted to like this house when I went through, and I had heard so much about it that raised my spirits when I walked in. Instead, I found little to praise. I knew how I would have done differently in their positions, and every time I saw a scareactor I would look at where they were and how they were acting. I've always carefully examined the environment and actors upon entering a house from the time I began attending the event years ago, but now I look at it with the eye of someone who has done their job. It makes me more appreciative of their work, but also much more critical.

Also, your comment on me praising people for helping me with scares or mentioning my own accomplishments is a red herring that has nothing to do with the discussion. I praise people who help me because they deserve praise, and I simply don't get to see the event as a guest enough times to see anything terrifically outstanding from people outside my own cast. I mention my own accomplishments because it gives people an idea of the kind of quality work my cast does. I'm not the first to do it, and I'm not the last.

Edited by Cody

Do you know why I say that I give 100%? Because I DO give 100%. Even when I'm feeling like shit, or when I woke up for work at 6:00 AM and went straight from there to HHN without a break in between, I always do my hardest from beginning to end. I pay attention, take in my surroundings, interact even with people that I don't intend to scare or failed to get a scare from, and always move with full force. Even on a set that's doing relatively poorly, I will never slow down or allow people to pass me by unless there is something seriously wrong with me or the situation.

And I've talked to others who agree with this sentiment. We all know how well we're doing, and knowing that you're delivering quality work isn't just from having an ego. It's from seeing the reactions from people around us, and comparing ourselves to others. A good actor can know when he sees bad acting (I should know, considering my career), and knows the mistakes that they're making. Anyone in any job should be able to tell when someone is making a mistake or not putting forth 100%, just like they should know when THEY'RE doing poorly and need to step up.

I wanted to like this house when I went through, and I had heard so much about it that raised my spirits when I walked in. Instead, I found little to praise. I knew how I would have done differently in their positions, and every time I saw a scareactor I would look at where they were and how they were acting. I've always carefully examined the environment and actors upon entering a house from the time I began attending the event years ago, but now I look at it with the eye of someone who has done their job. It makes me more appreciative of their work, but also much more critical.

Also, your comment on me praising people for helping me with scares or mentioning my own accomplishments is a red herring that has nothing to do with the discussion. I praise people who help me because they deserve praise, and I simply don't get to see the event as a guest enough times to see anything terrifically outstanding from people outside my own cast. I mention my own accomplishments because it gives people an idea of the kind of quality work my cast does. I'm not the first to do it, and I'm not the last.

they weren't THAT bad, you make it sound like the actors in this house are just scratching their belly buttons while people pass by :lol: :lol:

a way a house is set up can either help for scares or hurt the scares, that has happened before too, I felt that way last year with Nightingales Blood Prey, the house had great sets but the scares were hurt by the way the house was set up, there was a lot of dead space in that house too, it had nothing to do with the actors in that case

Had my best run yet through this house last night right after opening. The opening hospital scene continues to get more aggressive, really a highlight. And that dark haired walker in there takes a chunk out of me every time through, I swear. Got lots of extra aggression in the store and changing rooms, and the tag teams were spot on. I'm noticing more smoke and burning smell in the barn now (although I do miss the horse poo). And I'm getting extremely curious about the walker in the barn that seems to know me better than I realize.

Now if only I can time myself better for the sheriff walker, I'd be quite clam happy.

• Like 1

Just bought my tickets for this upcoming Saturday. I was going to watch the last episode of the show (S2 Finale) & then re-watch only the episodes that are referenced in the show (Preferably in order, as they appear in the house). Here's what I have, so far:

S1E1: Hospital & Rooftop

S1E2: Department Store

(I can't remember the rest in between)

S2E7: Barn

I am aware of the high chance that those aren't exact. But what I want to know, is what episodes should I re-watch so that my memory is fresh for the scenes in the house?

Also would you (personally) call this house:

A. A good 'museum' of sorts for the fans of the show.

B. A good Zombie themed house

C. All of the above

D. Neither one. (Just plain bad.)

???

Going this Saturday too... The first season is only 6 episodes, I would watch them if you can. You could afford to miss the 6th episode because it basically takes place at the CDC and I don't think thats a scene. In Season 2 I would watch episode 1(to understand the street with the station wagon), episode 4 (well walker), episode 7 and 8, and then probably the finale episode 13.

Edited by LuitaChris

Well I have watched all of them, up to (I believe) S2 EP 6 (Well Zombie episode). I am going to finish the last few episodes.. But I wanted to REwatch the episodes that were related to the house. But I've already watched the episode where Sophia runs away. So the "Walker Street" makes sense to me already.

Edited by Feeble Junkie

Well I have watched all of them, up to (I believe) S2 EP 6 (Well Zombie episode). I am going to finish the last few episodes.. But I wanted to REwatch the episodes that were related to the house. But I've already watched the episode where Sophia runs away. So the "Walker Street" makes sense to me already.

the hospital and the barn to me are the only ones that are relevant or related to the house, the rest is just typical HHN rooms, I would say the only episodes anyone has to watch of the show is season 1 ep.1 season 2 ep.2 and season 2 ep. 13,

that really is it, I mean, that covers the house, no one really has to watch any more, Of course the problem by watching those episodes alone is that nothing will make sense story and character wise, but that is regarding the show itself,

as far as the house goes, the hospital the store where Glenn goes and the barn are the only ones that really matter

I feel like it's "Cleaver" all over again. Some people love it and some people hate it. Very little middleground.

I'm probably talking out of my bum here, which is my second language. But - I think so many of us were anticipating it so much that it would have been impossible to totally live up to that. Parts of the house toward the end also feel a bit lightly populated, at least to me. I've been advised that this house has the largest population in the park, so the not-so-warm bodies are there. I don't really know the answer - spacing of actors? Size of some of the rooms? I've never worked a house, so I really don't know that any of my ideas have any merit.

Still - my most recent run was the best yet. The actors in this house really do bring it! Each night I go, I encounter more and more aggression, which I personally really enjoy. Maybe if I disconnect from TWD and take the house as its own entity, I can greater appreciate what we do have here.

And I really do love that door. Seriously. If I can't dismantle the AC house and take it home, I want to dismantle that door and take it home.

• Like 1

I feel like it's "Cleaver" all over again. Some people love it and some people hate it. Very little middleground.

I don't think this house is like that though,

the sets look just like the show in some parts, the costumes (To me) look really great, the masks look really good,

Like I've been saying in the past, the corridors are too open and the scares are kind of away from the people walking in,

when I found out about this house I expected a mix between Zombiegeddon with some of the energy from Havoc, I mean, these zombies are slow walkers but they are not Romero zombies, they get pretty aggressive when they see fresh meat, so I thought before going in the house that the zombies would be a little more in your face with the scares, I understand if the actors are meant to act like slow moving zombies, maybe they were told to do this, but walkers in this show, even though they don't run or anything they can be pretty persistent, and pushy, I don't get that feeling from the house or the scarezone, that doesn't mean that they are not doing a great job, when I look at the zombies in this house and the streets I am reminded of the Romero Zombies, and they do a really great job at playing the zombies, some of them move like they really were zombies, so as zombies the actors in the house and the street are doing a good job, but maybe people wanted more fast moving zombies or something, I think people expected more aggressive coming at you with their hands foward and really trying to grab you, (And you have the stupid HHN commercial to blame for that as well, the zombies in that commercial are actually running, something the Walking Dead zombies never did, I bet some people expected the house to be like the commercial in a way, )

I will say it is not the actors' fault though, it was people's expectations to see zombies coming at them in the house, plus, like I said the commercial really didn't help with that

the house is not bad though, I guess just a little bit disappointing, I do think when going in the house i do not feel the claustrophobia I have felt in other houses from HHN's past, you can kinda tell where the scare is coming from when you enter the rooms,

consider me a grey area guy on this,

Edited by Mr. Black

how come there is no forest room in this house? this could have been the perfect opportunity to have a room with trees like the Wolfman house, perfect it would have been... instead of the really lame ass ending of the poor actors having to have their head between holes in the wood........

I did this house twice today and I have to say the difference in casts is like Night and Day.

some actors from one cast scared me really bad, while in the other cast other actors scared me, it was really weird, being scared really bad but in different rooms by different people, that was interesting, one of the casts felt more aggressive though, some of the other zombies from the other cast would stare at people and kinda hide in the shadows, I saw happen a couple of times with one of the casts, some zombies would be more hiding

• Like 1

I'm just gonna flat out say I pretty much didn't care for any of the "big three" houses. Silent Hill was a let down, Alice Cooper just didn't do much for me at all and then this house was just bleh. Thank god I had express passes because I would have been really bummed if I had waited the long wait for this house. It just isn't worth it. I felt zero intensity from most of the actors. The best scene was the barn and the actors in there just seemed to be standing around. Maybe they were resetting? I don't know. The sets were great and they really reminded me of the show, but other than that this house didn't accomplish that much. Zombiegeddon did the zombie thing better. Way better.

• Like 1

My recent run through of THE WALKING DEAD surprised me in negative way. It somehow managed to be a more flaccid experience than before. it's been nearly a month working the house and the actors still aren't aggressive enough to make that house as intense as it should be to make up for the ho-hum material. Shambling and stare downs isn't going to cut it.

I would have gladly by-passed this house in the first place but was with a large group who love the show and wouldn't ya know it(?), they ended up really hating the attraction.

The popularity of both this attraction and the show elude me.

Edited by YourPallbearer
  • Like 1

Although, this house has been considered lackluster by many, for me at least it remains the most terrifying. One one walkthrough this past weekend I was studying the Cafeteria doors a bit too long and forgot about the scare just after it. The Walker got me so well, that my heart actually palpatated and skipped a couple of beats producing chest pains!

My thought at this moment was "oh, dear I'm going to have a heart attack and die in here and then everybody will say that this house scared Dr. Jimmy to death!" Thankfully, I quickly recovered.

Sadly, it appears that they have done away with the massive horde at the exit during changeover. This was one of the best things about the house and it loses much without it.

• Like 1

I have to totally disagree. We went through Saturday night and it was the most intense house we went through all night... we did every house except Silent Hill. I thought the house was great.

Although, this house has been considered lackluster by many, for me at least it remains the most terrifying. One one walkthrough this past weekend I was studying the Cafeteria doors a bit too long and forgot about the scare just after it. The Walker got me so well, that my heart actually palpatated and skipped a couple of beats producing chest pains!

My thought at this moment was "oh, dear I'm going to have a heart attack and die in here and then everybody will say that this house scared Dr. Jimmy to death!" Thankfully, I quickly recovered.

Sadly, it appears that they have done away with the massive horde at the exit during changeover. This was one of the best things about the house and it loses much without it.

Yea my whole group and myself were looking forward to the horde after the house on Saturday night and there was nothing. Just a few walkers roaming the streets. Pretty disappointing

;)

• Like 2

I'm just gonna flat out say I pretty much didn't care for any of the "big three" houses. Silent Hill was a let down, Alice Cooper just didn't do much for me at all and then this house was just bleh. Thank god I had express passes because I would have been really bummed if I had waited the long wait for this house. It just isn't worth it. I felt zero intensity from most of the actors. The best scene was the barn and the actors in there just seemed to be standing around. Maybe they were resetting? I don't know. The sets were great and they really reminded me of the show, but other than that this house didn't accomplish that much. Zombiegeddon did the zombie thing better. Way better.

My recent run through of THE WALKING DEAD surprised me in negative way. It somehow managed to be a more of a flaccid experience than before. it's been nearly a month working the house and the actors still aren't aggressive enough to make that house as intense as it should be to make up for the ho-hum material. Shambling and stare downs isn't going to cut it.

I would have gladly by-passed this house in the first place but was with a large group who love the show and wouldn't ya know it(?), they ended up really hating the attraction.

The popularity of both this attraction and the show elude me.

I did this house twice on Sunday and twice on Friday,

I have to agree with you guys, out of the 4 times I went, one time was really scary, one time the zombies were coming at me, I got scared in most of the rooms,

but the other 3 times the zombies were waiting to scare the people behind me, and in the barn is a hit or miss, some zombies come out to scare everyone while some zombies stay in the back staring at people, it is really hard to say, out of the 4 runs in two days one time was really scary, i felt the intensity, the other two times some of the zombies were looking at people, got some scares but the house felt empty, the fourth time the house felt empty and some of the actors were missing (but there was no cast change at that moment) , and in the barn scene not even one zombie came out to scare people, they were all just looking at people, so It is difficult to judge the house,

and like I said before, you can see almost every zombie coming a mile away. the zombie in the elevator, the zombies in the store, the zombies by the RV, the zombies in the Barn, they all have to walk a couple of steps before even getting to you, there is only like 3 zombies that are hiding that come out and scare people, besides the closet zombies. the zombie at the end of the hospital, the zombie by the rooftop and the sheriff zombie, those 3 have good hiding spots. the rest of the house you can see where the zombies are

• Like 1

I'm sure the fence area that closes the house could be a lot better than it actually is (Wesker has an account of a good run through in that portion) but on my second and last visit to the house it was the main culprit as to why the house sucks for me.

The two actors behind the fence just stared at me as I walked past.

• Like 1

I'm sure the fence area that closes the house could be a lot better than it actually is (Wesker has an account of a good run through in that portion) but on my second and last visit to the house it was the main culprit as to why the house sucks for me.

The two actors behind the fence just stared at me as I walked past.

I would have rather have some kind of forest room instead of that lame ass ending, the actors there do scare me, but I think that was a really really poorly planned ending to the house, I would have liked if the house ended with the barn and we had some sort of forest room like the Wolfman did, something like that,

• Like 1