Welcome to Silent Hill

Nintendokid33

If you look to the right in that hallway (through the mesh grate), you can see Pyramid Head coming at you as he makes his way into his main room. It's actually pretty scary if you catch it with the right timing, mainly because you aren't expecting to see him there.

I happened to glance over there the last time we went through and he was methodically making his way towards us as he walked into his room.

saw the knife,

it was a really neat effect since it moves and everything, but, I bet 85% of people that go miss it, I never noticed it. Never occurred to me to look up in that room.

I wonder why the Nurse room is set up in such a weird way. Why the staircase? it serves no purpose. I know they put the girl at the top but honestly I could have done without her, when I first saw videos of this room I kept thinking something was going to be up there, something else, they could have set up this room differently, I don't get why the steps. why make the room that way at all?

they could have put nurses on both sides of the corridor,

I also wonder why all the boo holes are so away from the people walking, is like the actors have to walk 2 feet before they even get tos scare in some parts of the house, like the beginning and the end specially, this feels like a mess

Edited by Mr. Black

I, too, finally saw the knife - in action. I think I just saw the tail end of the effect, but I was quite impressed. Still, as others have said, it is so easy to miss. I don't think I would ever have noticed it on my own, without being directed to where it was.

Also a special nod to the creatures right at the beginning behind the chain link fence. That is a really tough set up to scare from, but they seem to have found a way to make it work. After all, there is a point at which they are catercorner behind you. If the conga line is moving slowly - watch out :)

• Like 1

I don't understand why they didn't do certain things in this house. The siren goes off one time at the beginning. One. Time. Come on, really? They should have it on repeat at the beginning. The sets were great but then you had actors and actresses in plain view. I felt so bad for them, you could see them a mile away. Another thing I have to complain about is the use of the mannequins... There were nurses, the rabbit and the little girl. There should have been more nurses in that one room. I don't care if that was the only scene we got to see them. That room should have been jam packed with nurses. I don't understand why the rabbit wasn't an actor, either. This house was just full of missed opportunities and I honestly thought it was hard to mess up. I didn't go back for a second visit but I really didn't care to do it again. I also felt like they didn't use enough different characters from the games.

I will say that the sets were great. I did catch pyramid head perfectly in both rooms. Pretty scary if you get it just right. But that's not enough for me. Surprised they didn't at least fix the siren by now.

• Like 2

I, too, complained originally about the absence of Pyramidhead's famous blade. Thanks to everyone for pointing it out, but I do agree that it is way too high and out of sight for most people. I mean, look how long it took us to find it! I'm glad it's there, but I'm disappointed.

I do like seeing Alyssa on the stairs, but it should be timed with another effect. We've been saying all along that the first nurse room needs fixing (one scareactor for the entire stretch from the first dooway until Pyramidhead's room. I was hoping Universal would rework this room within the limitations they have. I guess we're stuck with what's there. At least the nurses at the end are right on point!

Mr. Black brings up a good question . . . why isn't there a scareactor in Robbie's suit? Is this another rehash of the "Creatures!" fiasco? I certainly hope this isn't the case since the costume looks fairly simple.

• Like 1

I don't understand why they didn't do certain things in this house. The siren goes off one time at the beginning. One. Time. Come on, really? They should have it on repeat at the beginning. The sets were great but then you had actors and actresses in plain view. I felt so bad for them, you could see them a mile away. Another thing I have to complain about is the use of the mannequins... There were nurses, the rabbit and the little girl. There should have been more nurses in that one room. I don't care if that was the only scene we got to see them. That room should have been jam packed with nurses. I don't understand why the rabbit wasn't an actor, either. This house was just full of missed opportunities and I honestly thought it was hard to mess up. I didn't go back for a second visit but I really didn't care to do it again. I also felt like they didn't use enough different characters from the games.

I will say that the sets were great. I did catch pyramid head perfectly in both rooms. Pretty scary if you get it just right. But that's not enough for me. Surprised they didn't at least fix the siren by now.

this house is like a very complex Sci Fi movie, it raises more questions than it ever answers :lol:

I expected to see mannequins everywhere, a lot of the Silent Hill monsters look like mannequins already, (One of the monsters in the game IS called Mannequin) so I kept thinking, mannequins are probably easy to use, they don't have to do much with them except make them look freakish,

I expected a room full of mannequin nurses,

I even expected a Pyramid Head mannequin, this house feels so empty when it didn't have to, I'm not talking about actors but they could have just placed monsters around,

if they didn't want to hire another actor for Pyramid Head they could have used a mannequin.

I really don't get why design the house this way, Like you said, You can see the actors coming a mile away, they have to walk like 3-4 steps before actually scaring you, compare that the GOTHIC or DEAD END where the actors's boo holes are right next to you, Even Alice Cooper has the boo holes right next to you, so I don't understand why this house was design so poorly when it comes to the scares placement,

specially when the actors are doing such a good job at walking like the monsters, specially the nurses, the people that work in this house are doing their best, but the design hurts the scares a lot

this house feels so different than the others, I don't know why but doesn't feel like a regular HHN house,

Edited by Mr. Black

I was SO surprised we didn't see any mannequin monsters! I think there's even a part where there were mannequin parts on like shelves or something? Where were the monsters? They made references to the games but didn't really have actual characters that were specifically from the games...

• Like 1

well it depends, Does Pyramid Head need his knife? if he was the regular size of an actor coming from a boo hole like one of the nurses then no. it wouldn't, if there was more than just one then it wouldn't matter.

But since they decided to just give us one pyramid Head, they build an entire room for him away from people, he is like the center piece of the room, the house really, then yes, it does matter, specially when he has all that room to cover,

Jesus, is like these people didn't get anything right with him, It would not matter if he was not in stilts, but the way he is set up he is such a big deal in that room with the stilts and walking back and forth than yeah, no knife hurts the appearance, the whole reason he is in stilts is so that he can drag that big ass thing in the movie, so to me it feels like adding insult to injury.

Still... that being said, The actors playing Pyramid Head in the house do a fantastic job at recreating his movements, the head tilts and the dragging of the feet, they have a lot to walk in stilts so I give those guys props for being able to do all that with a huge pyramid on their heads, they are doing really really well,

but the knife missing is really obvious, specially when he is so tall,

The knife is stuck in the wall before you see pyramid head. Right past the room with all the nurses, you will see it before you turn to the right. Look up and there it is ;)

I was SO surprised we didn't see any mannequin monsters! I think there's even a part where there were mannequin parts on like shelves or something? Where were the monsters? They made references to the games but didn't really have actual characters that were specifically from the games...

exactly..

the thing is, Universal is really good at making movie houses, they are almost expert at some of them, (the Jason house comes to mind)

this was based on the "video games" but when I See the house It feels to me like they based it more on the movie,

I was reading the Hollywood Silent Hill and even some of them thought the same about their house, that it felt based on the movie more than any game,

I NEVER SAW THE KNIFE!!!!!

I came on here to specifically say that this house was cool and all but they really missed it with Pyramid Head.

Lets face it, thats the star of the game/movie and should have been this house. I think him pacing back and forth just didnt work. IMO they needed him at the end of a hallway or something where you see him then have go "face him"... if that makes sense.

But the house was pretty cool. The construction on it was really nice! I loved the ash and the sounds effects!

• Like 2

I came on here to specifically say that this house was cool and all but they really missed it with Pyramid Head.

Lets face it, thats the star of the game/movie and should have been this house. I think him pacing back and forth just didnt work. IMO they needed him at the end of a hallway or something where you see him then have go "face him"... if that makes sense.

this. exactly. My biggest problem with the house is the location of PHead, the fact that he has no knife, and that there's only one. it's very easy to miss him since he has to walk back and forth between the rooms, and most of his section's chained off so he can't try and scare you until the last section. And the knife is VERY easy to miss, considering 80% of the people on here haven't/didn't see it.

• Like 2

When I did the house today 4 times Mr.Head was missing, it could not have been a cast change because every other actor was there plus, 4 Times? I don't know what happened to him but he was m.i.a.

The monsters before the end of the house with the nurses got me really bad, specially the one behind the trash can, scares the bejesus out of me. The Nurses in the last room were pretty good today too

This was taken before the event started. It might not have been there yet

I knew that. But I was just makibc an observation I've only been in the house twice and was just making sure I was right. However it could have been a tad farther up too. At least I finally saw pyramid head. In a picture :/

I "stalked" this queue line yesterday when I stayed for Stay and Scream and chatted with the queue line staff until they cleared the house for entry.

I was the FIRST one through and was completely alone...

I haven't had great runs through this house in the past, but doing it completely by yourself is a whole nother cup of tea :-)

Major props to all the nurses that relentlessly targeted me and for Pyramid Head taking advantage of his partners distraction scare to give me the startle of the night :-)

When I went through later in the night, Pyramid Head was gone :-(

Glad I got to experience this house at least once, the way it was meant to be experienced...completely alone

Props to the first cast of the night (Cast A I suppose)

• Like 2

Noticed last night the knife now has strobes going on occasion and moves back and forth as if he is sawing through at you. Nice effect!

It had it a couple of weeks ago and Pastor of Muppets to the point where I couldnt stop laughing