HHN 22 Speculation

Layed out properly, they could pull it off. I wouldn't mind something like this.

I am confused, so this is dubstep as well? how? or is this a mix? every Dubstep song I seached had the extremely annoying Wub-Wub-Wub in the whole song, I like that song, but that is not like any dubstep I've ever heard,

this sounds like techno to me, I mean, if it is dubstep then I am confused, ( I also noticed the comments for that video were disabled, I wonder if it was people saying is not dubstep)

even the songsJWFearman showed had the annoyingly awful Wub Wub sound, Im confused,

every time I seach Dubstep I get these fax machine songs:

does that mean a dubstep house would be in name only? but it would be a variation of dubstep, so not truly dubstep?

I would not be against a techno remix of the universal songs or horror songs or something, that would be fine,

the only thing I See with Dubstep is how fast and loud it seems to be, I mean, all the songs I hear are really fast,

I guess it all would depend on how the house was set up, how truly or not it is dubstep, and what songs they chose,

I mean, maybe it would not be so bad, everyone was hating on Penn and Teller and now everyone is excited,

I guess the same could happen here,

I wouldn't even mind if the dubstep was in the beginning of the house only, or something like that,

Edited by black mask

I am confused, so this is dubstep as well? how? or is this a mix? every Dubstep song I seached had the extremely annoying Wub-Wub-Wub in the whole song, I like that song, but that is not like any dubstep I've ever heard,

this sounds like techno to me, I mean, if it is dubstep then I am confused, ( I also noticed the comments for that video were disabled, I wonder if it was people saying is not dubstep)

even the songsJWFearman showed had the annoyingly awful Wub Wub sound, Im confused,

every time I seach Dubstep I get these fax machine songs:

does that mean a dubstep house would be in name only? but it would be a variation of dubstep, so not truly dubstep?

I would not be against a techno remix of the universal songs or horror songs or something, that would be fine,

the only thing I See with Dubstep is how fast and loud it seems to be, I mean, all the songs I hear are really fast,

I guess it all would depend on how the house was set up, how truly or not it is dubstep, and what songs they chose,

I mean, maybe it would not be so bad, everyone was hating on Penn and Teller and now everyone is excited,

I guess the same could happen here,

I wouldn't even mind if the dubstep was in the beginning of the house only, or something like that,

I'm going to try and keep this on the topic of HHN by saying that while I do enjoy most forms of electronic music, I do not find that the in-your-face dubstep by Figure (which you posted) or Skrillex (who's technically not dubstep, he's more electro. he even says so and has no idea why he's labled as dubstep) would fit in a classic horror house. I DO however think it would fit in a very high energy house that's based on illusion and distortion.

That said, there's more to dubstep than what you hear kids playing these days. The genre has been around since 1998 and does focus on the wobble-bass effect and a tempo of 138-142 BPM. The loud screeching noises that drives most people away is actually a trait of another form of electronic music called electro. Dubstep these days is mostly just people trying to shove the dirtiest basslines and electro into a song so it's usually classified as dubstep, when it's actually a mix.

The song I posted is a more traditional style of dubstep. Look up Anticipate by Skream, that's another really good dubstep song that's not IN YOUR FACE WHOMPWHOMPWHOMP WHRRRRRRR like most stuff played these days.

And I wish people would stop saying Techno to describe electronic music. Techno has been dead since the early 90's.

BUT. Again, I think if people listened to more of the traditional stuff, they would be more welcoming to it being in a house this year because executed well, it can really give you a variety of feelings from dread to anticipation to high energy and when paired with some cool strobes or other effects I think it would be a great opportunity to set up some scares.

I'm going to try and keep this on the topic of HHN by saying that while I do enjoy most forms of electronic music, I do not find that the in-your-face dubstep by Figure (which you posted) or Skrillex (who's technically not dubstep, he's more electro. he even says so and has no idea why he's labled as dubstep) would fit in a classic horror house. I DO however think it would fit in a very high energy house that's based on illusion and distortion.

That said, there's more to dubstep than what you hear kids playing these days. The genre has been around since 1998 and does focus on the wobble-bass effect and a tempo of 138-142 BPM. The loud screeching noises that drives most people away is actually a trait of another form of electronic music called electro. Dubstep these days is mostly just people trying to shove the dirtiest basslines and electro into a song so it's usually classified as dubstep, when it's actually a mix.

The song I posted is a more traditional style of dubstep. Look up Anticipate by Skream, that's another really good dubstep song that's not IN FOR FACE WHOMPWHOMPWHOMP WHRRRRRRR like most stuff played these days.

And I wish people would stop saying Techno to describe electronic music. Techno has been dead since the early 90's.

BUT. Again, I think if people listened to more of the traditional stuff, they would be more welcoming to it being in a house this year because executed well, it can really give you a variety of feelings from dread to anticipation to high energy and when paired with some cool strobes or other effects I think it would be a great opportunity to set up some scares.

yeah I do not listen to that kind of music at all, I will admit I am guilty as charged of being ignorant about it, since I don't listen to it, I had no idea about all this,

if they used the type of music you mention then it would even be cool, but, it is not only me, everyone on facebook is thinking their house will be the Wub Wub type of music,

Edited by black mask

yeah I do not listen to that kind of music at all, I will admit I am guilty as charged of being ignorant about it, since I don't listen to it, I had no idea about all this,

if they used the type of music you mention then it would even be cool, but, it is not only me, everyone is thinking their house will be the Wub Wub type of music,

Unfortunately you're probably right, but I'm just trying to show people that there's more out there in the genre that can be used for a house and still feel like it fits. It is possible, it's just going to need some good decisions on Universals part.

Here's a thought, just a thought mind you not anything I've heard from any sources.

So far the three houses that have Hollywood counterparts have all been revealed for both Hollywood and Orlando nearly simultaneously.

So, since they have revealed the Remix maze with no word about Orlando whatsoever may be a sign that the house here may not be like the maze in Hollywood after all.

• Like 7

Here's a thought, just a thought mind you not anything I've heard from any sources.

So far the three houses that have Hollywood counterparts have all been revealed for both Hollywood and Orlando nearly simultaneously.

So, since they have revealed the Remix maze with no word about Orlando whatsoever may be a sign that the house here may not be like the maze in Hollywood after all.

Yea, I had said the same thing, Doc. Seems like if Orlando was getting the same deal, it would have been a simultaneous announcement.

Yea, I had said the same thing, Doc. Seems like if Orlando was getting the same deal, it would have been a simultaneous announcement.

I think is safe to say we wont,

the problem with these that some people see is that if it works, they will bring the dubstep to Orlando next year, and HHNH might do a repeat house with dubstep,

at least that's what people are mostly complaining about, the fear that it might work, that the dubstep might be really badly done, and that it would be sent here

I think is safe to say we wont,

the problem with these that some people see is that if it works, they will bring the dubstep to Orlando next year, and HHNH might do a repeat house with dubstep,

at least that's what people are mostly complaining about, the fear that it might work, that the dubstep might be really badly done, and that it would be sent here

But if it worked...wouldn't that mean it was well done? You kind of contradicted yourself there haha

since grime already said that skrillex isnt technically dubstep, i bet your going to hear some of his songs because of how popular he is and because 90% of people say he is dubstep and i could see a lot of songs fitting into a "dubstep" "DE" house....but as much as i am a huge fan of electro, dubstep i wouldnt want it in this house, and i agree with whoever said it earlier but if we were getting the same house wouldnt have they announced it at the same time?

So much for keeping this thread on topic about speculation and not dubstep... :blink:

That being said, everyone who is so freaked about dubstep, look at it this way...between the screaming and the general background noise in most of the houses, the music will be the last thing you notice. Hell, they could be playing the polka in these houses and most people aren't going to realize it. The music is such a small part of the overall environment of the house, regardless of what genre is used it will still blend in with the background.

I'm not a huge fan of the style, but if used properly it could easily enhance the house. There are a few houses over the past years where I specifically remember the music, Run had Linkin Park...and well, that's the only one where I can put my finger exactly on what was playing. The walk through each house goes by so quickly half the time you don't even recognize what is going on from an audio standpoint unless it is in direct correlation with a scene.

• Like 1

well see here is the thing you're all forgetting... it wouldn't really be the same house. It is highly unlikely that Hollywood's "Universal Monster Remix" house is going to be a pitch black blacklight reflective house like Dead Exposure was. Our house is rumored to be Dead Exposure with the classic monsters. Their house is Classic Monsters on steroids (compared to their House of Horrors counterparts).

http://behindthethri...l-orlando/ 6th pic down.. "An area that is getting ready is the Soundstage directly behind the Music Plaza stage and to the left of the Rip Ride Rockit entrance (I believe 23, may be mistaken). We did manage to get a peek inside, though you can't see it too well, there is a good amount of what looks like blue light being rigged up. Lots of neon looking lights. You can also see panels going in the stage door."

Just to clarify, SS23 is not being used for Horror Nights. I'll be the first to admit, I'm horrible with the Soundstage locations. So if that is indeed SS23, then sorry... that's not HHN construction. We're looking at SS22 and SS20 being our Soundstage houses this year.

• Like 1

But if it worked...wouldn't that mean it was well done? You kind of contradicted yourself there haha

LOL :lol:

not necessarily, is like, lets say SAW for example, the house worked, it was great, but ask anyone in here if they want a repeat of that house? everyone would shout NO! LOL,

I guess it is kinda like the Original VS IP house debates, IP houses work, but a lot of people hate them,

if there was a dubstep house here

it might work in that, the sets are okay, the costumes are good, the music will be awful, but the general public might like it, that's what I meant,

it all depends on how well received it is over at CA,

since grime already said that skrillex isnt technically dubstep, i bet your going to hear some of his songs because of how popular he is and because 90% of people say he is dubstep and i could see a lot of songs fitting into a "dubstep" "DE" house....but as much as i am a huge fan of electro, dubstep i wouldnt want it in this house, and i agree with whoever said it earlier but if we were getting the same house wouldnt have they announced it at the same time?

yep, I agree I can see this happening, I can see Skrillex being used just because of how famous he is

So much for keeping this thread on topic about speculation and not dubstep... :blink:

That being said, everyone who is so freaked about dubstep, look at it this way...between the screaming and the general background noise in most of the houses, the music will be the last thing you notice. Hell, they could be playing the polka in these houses and most people aren't going to realize it. The music is such a small part of the overall environment of the house, regardless of what genre is used it will still blend in with the background.

I'm not a huge fan of the style, but if used properly it could easily enhance the house. There are a few houses over the past years where I specifically remember the music, Run had Linkin Park...and well, that's the only one where I can put my finger exactly on what was playing. The walk through each house goes by so quickly half the time you don't even recognize what is going on from an audio standpoint unless it is in direct correlation with a scene.

true, I think the most annoying aspect of this, will be the queue, having to listen to dubstep for an hour waiting to go in the house might be the most annoying aspect of this, even more than the house,

you are right the music might not even be noticeable in the house, but if they brought that here, and if the emphasis is dubstep, the queue line and the entrance would be blasting that music,

and I'm thinking since their point is of attracting people with the music, they would probably make the dubstep inside the house really loud, to make sure you do hear it

Edited by black mask

So lets stop doing a "I bet this song will be in the house" talk hour. Back to speculating.

A friend of mine saw some construction near the parade building, my only guess is its HHN related.

Edited by Dr. D

the Soundstage directly behind the Music Plaza stage and to the left of the Rip Ride Rockit entrance (I believe 23, may be mistaken).

I'm horrible with the Soundstage locations. We're looking at SS22

SS22 is the one located behind the Rockit Stage. So that would be "Silent Hill".

People can talk about dubstep as long as there's some thought behind it pertaining to the event. Not just "I don't like it."

I don't think we'll be seeing this though. Everyone is getting riled up because we've pretty much been mirroring Hollywood announcements up until now, but for this last one we haven't heard anything about it heading our way.

Dubstep eh? I'm pushing 40, so I'm going to sound like an old fart, but I STILL have no clue what it means. I assumed it was stuff like Underworld and The Chemical Bros...the kind of electronica I listened to when I used to have to walk 4 miles to school in 2 feet of snow up hill both ways. OK, enough crazy old guy ranting....

Regardless of what it is, I think ANY kind of music house would be pretty cool if they could pull it off correctly. LOUD music in a confined space can be as disorienting and scary as anything else. Of course, it would have to be really focused sound so as to not damage the ears of the scaractors in there for extended amounts of time. But to have any kind of LOUD music, with a pulsing bass beat that you an feel in your chest would be a pretty powerful stimulus and make it difficult for your other senses leading to you being more susceptible to scares. Also, if you couldn't hear the people scream/yell/laugh up ahead tipping off a good scare coming up, I think it would make your scares be a bit more startling and after getting caught once, have you on edge throughout the rest of the house,

My first year was when they had the Disentorium house...and that truly screwed me up and at points, I both got lost...and had to grab onto a friend's shirt and close my eyes to get through there. As messed up as it was, we did the house like 6 times in 2 nights. It was amazing and I haven't been through anything since that had nearly the affect...Dead Exposure had some disorienting strobes and The InBetween the first couple nights before the "String Room" floor got all scuffed up and you couldn't see the whole depth trick came close...but I think a crazy LOUD house, while not sounding like anything special on paper, would be pretty damn cool...especially if it was Rave type thing with crazy lighting to boot.

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 1

Dubstep with classic monsters......hmmm. I will stick with our classic monster house over a dubstep infested monster house. I'm a teen and Im not a fan of that kind of music. I'm still wondering which will classics monsters will be in the house.

The Invisible Man for sure. :)

But beyond that, I'm assuming Wolfie, Drac, and Frank; the latter two with their brides. I really want Creature, but as he's a bit more technologically complex, I figure the best I'd get is an animatronic.

Animatronic COTBL over a scareactor for our event? hah. He'd definitely be a scareactor & its not that technologically complex. its very simple to create a scene for him. Hell i would expect bubble (real, not suds) & water effects.

Phantom of the Opera

Dracula

Frankenstein

The Mummy

Wolfman

Bride of Frankenstein

Creature From The Black Lagoon

just to name the basics that we should expect to encounter.