HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

If "Dante" is connected to Dante's Inferno, it could be a modernization of the original story so that it won't be dated or "boring" to the kiddies that come to the event. Give it a 2000's style, hell even an Apocalypse sort of look at it?

Btw, I'm back. :P

The further along speculation goes on Dante, the less psyched I am about it. The themes seem random, disjointed and not-so bone chilling scary -- like WTMN. It was fun, cool to look at in parts, decent gore and gross stuff but it wasn't terrifying. This sounds like much of the same. It's going from Las Vegas (Howard Hughes, buffets), to in the mountains with people eating each other and freakin' seaside attractions. A decent and linear horror story would suffice but I know I won't be getting that :(

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

^ I agree a hell themed maze dosent seem so exiting it is better as a scarezone like the one they had in 09.

Hm, a Welcome to Hell maze? I might be on board for that. For some reason, that didn't cross my mind...

Its not necessarily ANY of those things. He said the imagery is inspired by those things, but that doesn't mean that its literally going to have a Las Vegas buffet room.

Well it's hard to have buffets, liposuction, theme parks, Howard Hughes, Hell and etc.. all in one location -- oddly enough I just thought of a way to do it, but I know my mind works differently than others lol. I imagine some way those things can be put in one spot, but I find it's the simple ideas that are usually the most terrifying.

Hm, a Welcome to Hell maze? I might be on board for that. For some reason, that didn't cross my mind...

Well it's hard to have buffets, liposuction, theme parks, Howard Hughes, Hell and etc.. all in one location -- oddly enough I just thought of a way to do it, but I know my mind works differently than others lol. I imagine some way those things can be put in one spot, but I find it's the simple ideas that are usually the most terrifying.

Based on all the clues that is what the maze is shaping up to be. Hell on earth based on paintings and poems by Dante.

The only video games these clues make me think of is Diablo, Dantes Inferno, and Resident Evil. But I dont think the maze is based off a video game I hope its original

What about Doom or Castlevania? Devil May Cry definitely isn't popular enough for a maze. Resident Evil would fit nicely next to a Silent Hill maze. From all the hype, locations and traveling, another Alice Cooper maze just doesn't seem surprising enough. Whatever happened to the idea of a KISS maze based on their new album coming out "Monster"? Detroit was talked about..."Detroit Rock City". All the clues really don't seem to fit in any horror movie or tv show I know.

Edited by manbeast

Alice Cooper did have a story. You were traveling through Steven's nightmare. Look up Steven, Alice Cooper, on google. Its kind of creepy stuff.

Alice Cooper's Albums Welcome to my nightmare 1 & 2 did have a story the maze did'nt or did'nt give much effort to portrey it the map description only said "Alice cooper @ Universal blah blah blah" there was no adio like La Llorona that explaid it in line, and the next thing you know your in a house then in a closet then a toy room the french revolution a asylum, a class room then something with a black widow? I get its supposed to be stevens nightmare but as someone who wasnt realy a fan of Alice cooper going in a knew nothing of what was going on. just someone in the maze was named steven.

and another thing I need to point out Dante's inferno has nothing to do with the Apocolypse either its pretty much about Dante and Vergil going into hell to find Dante's loved one and was basicly just a long discription of hell unless you want to go by the video game that turned dante from a poet into Arnold Swrastanagger (SP?) and goes left and right slaughtering demons dressed like Connan the barbarian to save a half naked chick either or still has nothing to with the end of the world or hell on earth but then again it just taking insperation from Dantes Inferno so guess we wait til the annoucement

If it was a videogame maze, why would he fly across the country to film the video for it? It would be just like the Silent Hill video was.

All signs point to Alice. The disjointed clues he gave only affirms my suspicions. I'm more curious as to where it's going to go. I still think they'll repeat La Llarona in the Shred location, but I hope I'm wrong since the more new stuff the better.

If it's not Alice, it's going to be something pretty random. Kind of like Alice was last year. Some new person whose story they will tell through a maze and stuff.

Dante dosent have to be a maze about hell on earth. They might just have the concept of rasing hell into anything they want like lets say a chucky maze it can be about him rasing hell on earth. So it can possibly be Alice Cooper.

Since Alice Cooper was the highest rated maze last year and we think he's bringing back La Llorona instead, it would make sense that he brings Alice back in some form. Just imagine Murdy's first original maze sequel. They would definitely uses that to their advantage in advertising. If it is Alice, I can't wait to see what he has in store. A Hell on Earth or post apocalyptic maze would be great as well...

Also, Murdy may have gone to the Rock Fest 2012 in Wisconsin where Alice was part of the Festival.

Edited by JGmoney1996

If it was a videogame maze, why would he fly across the country to film the video for it? It would be just like the Silent Hill video was.

Good point.

Why would he want to fly across the country for an Alice Cooper maze to film "all this cool stuff" when Alice Cooper was already a maze last year? Where is the big surprise?

Also, I copied this from Murdy's Twitter.

@HorrorNights has this existing property been used at any of the Horror Nights?

9h TwitterIcon_09-ONL-8828_normal.jpgUniversal Halloween@HorrorNights

@MegaJaymz It's a new maze

Well technically an Alice Cooper maze would be a new one if it's a sequel and he didn't say no as far as the existing property being there before. Likely though....IDK

I'm pretty confident about Dante being an Alice Cooper maze. After all, I think one of us would be certain if it were a popular movie in which those scenes were featured... And Dragontown was clearly based on Dante's Inferno... And would have "D" in the title if the album name were in the title of the maze. I do find it odd that it would be an older album instead of new, but it seems like a good bet.

I’ve embarked on a journey of looking through lyrics of all those songs to make connections to the visual hints we were given.

One of the songs from the Special Edition was called “Can’t Sleep Clowns Will Eat Me”, which I could imagine being a scene involving cotton candy scent, if they incorporated it. If not, the Coney Island scene, which could be a Freak Show or Sideshow (as one of Alice’s songs was titled, although not in Dragontown) would likely feature cotton candy scent.

Here’s a couple things relating to the current hints:

“The elevator broke

It went right through the floor

It left a burning hole

Down and down and down we go

We're in a deadly spin”

(Elevator music)

“There it stands way up high

A million bodies piled to the sky

Arms and legs, feet and hands

Impossible to understand…

And the scavengers are feeding

Cuz the killing fields are bleeding…”

(Animal hoarding, only possibly with humans as someone speculated)

“In the middle of an undie show

She danced on my lap

A coupla hundred dollars later

I was up on a morals rap”

(Among other songs about girls/women; Vargas girls/pinup girls, Vegas)

There are tons of lyrics on gambling, drinking and whores, so I’m assuming that could relate to all the Vegas imagery.

A couple songs mention digging holes, burying, etc., which could relate to the holes Murdy was talking about, however I don’t remember if those were already spoken for.

“We can dig you a hole deep in the ground

Bury your soul down in Dragontown”

Reading through the lyrics, the album is very clearly related to the concepts of hell/heaven/judgement. Not to mention there is a song called “Go To Hell” on the special edition. ;)

If this were the case, I do have to admit there are things that don't quite fit with the current hints/lyrics such as the Doomed Franklin Exp., Florence Nightingale, liposuction, (as far as I can tell) BUT I do think it is likely Alice would be giving them more insight as to his concept of the album(s) and what he would want to see to fill it out. I don't think the whole maze could be completely based off of the lyrics alone -- just not enough material within the lyrics themselves, and I can see vague connections to those concepts within the lyrics.

Edited by Alessa

What do you mean that never crossed your mind DTH, I've been talking about a WTH maze since he first gave the clue about Dante! LOL XD

I'm pretty confident about Dante being an Alice Cooper maze. After all, I think one of us would be certain if it were a popular movie in which those scenes were featured... And Dragontown was clearly based on Dante's Inferno... And would have "D" in the title if the album name were in the title of the maze. I do find it odd that it would be an older album instead of new, but it seems like a good bet.

I’ve embarked on a journey of looking through lyrics of all those songs to make connections to the visual hints we were given.

One of the songs from the Special Edition was called “Can’t Sleep Clowns Will Eat Me”, which I could imagine being a scene involving cotton candy scent, if they incorporated it. If not, the Coney Island scene, which could be a Freak Show or Sideshow (as one of Alice’s songs was titled, although not in Dragontown) would likely feature cotton candy scent.

Here’s a couple things relating to the current hints:

“The elevator broke

It went right through the floor

It left a burning hole

Down and down and down we go

We're in a deadly spin”

(Elevator music)

“There it stands way up high

A million bodies piled to the sky

Arms and legs, feet and hands

Impossible to understand…

And the scavengers are feeding

Cuz the killing fields are bleeding…”

(Animal hoarding, only possibly with humans as someone speculated)

“In the middle of an undie show

She danced on my lap

A coupla hundred dollars later

I was up on a morals rap”

(Among other songs about girls/women; Vargas girls/pinup girls, Vegas)

There are tons of lyrics on gambling, drinking and whores, so I’m assuming that could relate to all the Vegas imagery.

A couple songs mention digging holes, burying, etc., which could relate to the holes Murdy was talking about, however I don’t remember if those were already spoken for.

“We can dig you a hole deep in the ground

Bury your soul down in Dragontown”

Reading through the lyrics, the album is very clearly related to the concepts of hell/heaven/judgement. Not to mention there is a song called “Go To Hell” on the special edition. ;)

Too bad Murdy already said it's a property from the 20th Century, DT came out in 2001. The album that is my avatar came out in 1994, The Last Temptation of Alice Cooper, also hell related...hmmmmm.

Edited by Hauntfan

Too bad Murdy already said it's a property from the 20th Century, DT came out in 2002. The album that is my avatar came out in 1994, The Last Temptation of Alice Cooper, also hell related...hmmmmm.

You're right, I don't think I noticed that before...I thought it was just not a *movie* from the 21st century?

That does mess it all up if it's not anything from 21st century.... I'm not backing down though, I still think Alice has something to do with it and it could be based off of more than one album in certain ways, or based off of another album..

Edited by Alessa

^I certainly hope it's an Alice Cooper maze, I've been a fan of his for years. And I think it will be here's why:

Okay, so Orlando postponed their maze announcement. Possibly due to the video John shot not being ready, or at least that's my theory. Feels like another joint announcement and most likely, Alice Cooper. They've been having rumors of a Coop maze for a while now, it would just make sense.

Edited by Hauntfan

Could it possibly be that it's based on an Alice album that was recorded just before the 21st century and released in it? There weren't any albums from 1994-2000 according to Wikipedia, which was right before Brutal Planet in 2000, and Dragontown in 2001. lol. I know that's a stretch...but why not.

Edited by Alessa