HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

I asked HHN on Facebook about the possible reapers maze and they replied "the HOH will not be having reapers john has something way more intresting and know by horror fans."

Um, source? I looked all over their FB page and saw nothing like that. They also don't send out messages, so I'm just wondering where you got this bit of information from. Careful who you get your news, rumors and such from. If you pass it on, that rumor grows like wildfire and everyone here swears its fact.

According to Murdy's Twitter, there will be no announcements this weekend. They need to edit whatever film they made first. I don't think anyone has a single clue what this film could be.

I'm telling you, TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACREEEEE!!!!

I'm telling you, TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACREEEEE!!!!

I would actually be pleased with a TCM maze. Maybe a TCM maze in 3D. I just hope it would look like the farmhouse in the original movie inside. As far as this upcoming announcement or film, I doubt it has anything to do with TCM. The cities Atlanta and Detroit we're pointed out on Murdy's Twitter which aren't too close to Texas. Then again, just because he mentioned those cities doesn't mean he has to mention anything about anywhere else or anything else. Confusing.

I'm having a hard time thinking of what could be soooo awesome to film in Atlanta or Detroit.

Edited by manbeast

I would actually be pleased with a TCM maze. Maybe a TCM maze in 3D. I just hope it would look like the farmhouse in the original movie inside. As far as this upcoming announcement or film, I doubt it has anything to do with TCM. The cities Atlanta and Detroit we're pointed out on Murdy's Twitter which aren't too close to Texas. Then again, just because he mentioned those cities doesn't mean he has to mention anything about anywhere else or anything else. Confusing.

I'm having a hard time thinking of what could be soooo awesome to film in Atlanta or Detroit.

My general thought is as follows. He had a LAYOVER in Atlanta, cameraman accidentally ended up in Detroit. Don't think those were the final destinations. I also don't see this having anything to do with TCM as I doubt he would have a layover in Atlanta to get to Texas....just saying.

I did a tad bit of research and found that AMOK, the maze that got dropped, was based on a movie that was poorly received when it first came out and then became a horror classic. Also, it said that the film had other sequels but the maze was only going to focus on the first one. I looked up Texas Chainsaw Massacre on IMDB for how it was received when it first released and it wasn't received very well at all. I'm telling you, Nacassio was suppoed to be TCM. It's probably something else.

Remember that Quigley is the replacement for Amok. One of the actors in Qigley's top 10 list reveals the theme of the maze.

EDIT: Why on this green earth dd I say Nacasio? I really need to learn to proof read. -_____-

^Wasn't Nacassio a codename from last year? One of the codenames from this year had the clue that it was poorly received but is now a horror classic but it wasn't Nacassio. It did get dropped though.

Edit: Didn't Murdy already reveal Nacassio from last year was going to be Freddy vs Jason?

Edited by Hauntfan

My general thought is as follows. He had a LAYOVER in Atlanta, cameraman accidentally ended up in Detroit. Don't think those were the final destinations. I also don't see this having anything to do with TCM as I doubt he would have a layover in Atlanta to get to Texas....just saying.

That's how I followed it too. And you're probably right... no reason to skip Texas and then go back lol

Only thing I can think of close by is the Exorcist steps in Maryland/Virginia/D.C. a few states up.

Nicasio was the codename dropped in 2010. It was supposed to be Freddy Vs. Jason. Nicasio was the town where Pearl Jam recorded the album VS.

The maze the got dropped for this year was Amok.

This is correct! Freak's getting his codenames mixed up haha

I think TCM was the first maze to be dropped, back when it had no codename. When Amok was cancelled, I think they brought TCM back on, as codename Quigley. Just makes sense to me.

This is correct! Freak's getting his codenames mixed up haha

-_______-

I think TCM was the first maze to be dropped, back when it had no codename. When Amok was cancelled, I think they brought TCM back on, as codename Quigley. Just makes sense to me.

But what I want to know is, how does TCM relate to one of the actor's career path?

That's how I followed it too. And you're probably right... no reason to skip Texas and then go back lol

Only thing I can think of close by is the Exorcist steps in Maryland/Virginia/D.C. a few states upup

Yes...the iconic steps at Georgetown!! Watched Exorcist III the other night and thought of the stairway. Outside of the original TCM house in Texas, seems to be a fitting locale to shoot the next BTS. That is if its the next property announced.

Edited by AsylumSB

Yes...the iconic steps at Georgetown!! Watched Exorcist III the other night and thought of the stairway. Outside of the original TCM house in Texas, seems to be a fitting locale to shoot the next BTS. That is if its the next property announced.

I was at the original TCM house in Texas last year. Of course it moved from its original location in pieces and relocated to a different area and now a restaurant. Very cool though! Nothing would be better then getting a nice follow-up this year to that experience last year. Of course I don't 100% believe TCM will be announced at all this year and certainly not for this upcoming announcement.

But what I want to know is, how does TCM relate to one of the actor's career path?

Clint Eastwood's son stars in the new film.

Burt Reynolds starred in a film titled Hooper. (ahem, Tobe Hooper)

There's a bunch more on how the two can be connected to both TCM and Poltergeist here:

Anyone else think murdy might have traveled to Salem to announce tw Lords of Salem as a maze? My other thought would be maybe he went to the real Ammityville Horror house to announce that franchise. Any thoughts?

Trevler said not to expect Lords of Salem and from all my years on the board I've learn always trust the butcher!

• Like 2

@HorrorNights: Gearing up for another maze announcement....this will be maze #3 code named "Dante." Traveled a great distance to film this one...

@HorrorNights: Can't tell you WHERE we filmed this announcement but I can tell you the only thing open when I rolled into town was a Steak n' Shake

@HorrorNights: This maze is based on an existing property from the 20th Century. Came up with the idea for it over a year ago, now it's being built!

@HorrorNights: We started editing the footage we shot on the plane right back but we shot A LOT of footage so we got some work to do before this is ready

So we do get a maze announced soon. Hmm off the top of my head. I know Florida has a lot of steak n's shakes. And there's one in Iowa city ha... maybe he did go to Orlando.

I think he may have flown somewhere to make a video with Alice Cooper for a new original Cooper maze.

Cooper is on tour right now, so it makes sense to have to fly out to film something with him. He's also been in the Illinois-Wisconsin region which has a ton of Steak'n'Shakes and not much else open at night.

I think he may have flown somewhere to make a video with Alice Cooper for a new original Cooper maze.

Cooper is on tour right now, so it makes sense to have to fly out to film something with him. He's also been in the Illinois-Wisconsin region which has a ton of Steak'n'Shakes and not much else open at night.

I dont think its an Alice Cooper Maze because he said its a property.

@horrornights: We always draw from a ton of visual research when creating a maze...some of the research I did for this one included the following....

@horrornights: A infamous Paris nightclub pre-WW2, an attraction at Coney Island, the DMV, a fixture in Las Vegas hotels, Victorian nurse uniforms....

@horrornights: A current reality TV show, The doomed Franklin expedition, liposuction bi-products, Precious Moments, bad motivational poster art...etc..etc

Ideas?

Here are my notes for the maze "Dante". Hopefully, they'll serve you guys well.

Maze #3: "Dante"

Exisiting Property: Yes

Movie: N/A

Sequels: N/A

Featured Before: N/A

- Dante is not a film made in the 21st century.

Inspired by the allegory "The Inferno" by Dante; it is implied that Hieronymus Bosch will have some inspiration in this as well.

-Based on an existing artistic creation (i.e. movie, game, TV show, album, book, etc.)

- The words “Dante” and “Inferno” don’t appear in the name of this maze, but the letter “D” does.

The source material for this maze has a connection to Dante's epic poem...

Some pretty big scenes in this one.

Obviously can't say much about it yet but I will tell you 1 scene involves Muzak (Elevator Music) & a crazy twist on those awful motivational posters. (Office Setting)

Pulling a bunch of visual research for this maze. Everything from modern day pics of Chernobyl to 19th Century Japanese Yūrei scroll art.

Googled the following words researching this maze, motivational art, animal hoarding, doomed Fraklin Expedition, Florence Nightingale, Las Vegas buffet, Vargas Girl, Liposuction.

An infamous Paris nightclub pre-WW2, an attraction at Coney Island, the DMV, a fixture in Las Vegas hotels, Victorian nurse uniforms.... A current reality TV show, The doomed Franklin expedition, liposuction bi-products, Precious Moments, bad motivational poster art...etc..etcThe hardest images to find was Howard Hughes in his crazy Vegas period, no pictures exist...that look inspired one of the characters...

One scene will use the scent of Cotton Candy.

I feel that this will be the maze which takes place in a time period that is not the current period. Either past Or future...

Best Guess- The Return of Alice Cooper.

Maybe someone can come up with something with that?

Hope it helps, I'll be out all day so I figure today will be the last day for guessing before they announce this maze.

I dont think its an Alice Cooper Maze because he said its a property.

His albums are properties.

Edited by DireBrian

I did a quick search on google using the clues for the next maze with the clue Dante and I found three horror movie titles: The Fly, Alien, and Lake Placid so im thinking Lake Placid?

I don't think Lake Placid, to unknown, to un-HHN.... for me at least.