HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Hey this is a long shot speculation, but does anyone think there is a chance that Rob Zombie would return... for an original maze? I thought about that, and when searching on his wikipedia page, he has a LOT in common with Alice Cooper: He is listed first under associated acts, did a "Gruesome Twosome" tour with him, and recently inducted Alice Cooper into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They've also done quite a few other side projects together? Is there the slightest possibility that they are working together at HHN? I mean, they were both on the survey. And maybe the camera man is going to the birthplace of Alice, Detroit, and Murdy is going to Rob's birthplace? I don't know, just some speculation... If not the two together, than I have a strong feeling they'll have a sequel to Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare, except it'll be Welcome 2 My Nightmare, just like his recent album! Ha

He said his camera man went to Detroit, right? That's where Alice Cooper was born. Don't know if that relates though.

He says his camera man got lost, so doubt it relates...

Hey this is a long shot speculation, but does anyone think there is a chance that Rob Zombie would return... for an original maze? I thought about that, and when searching on his wikipedia page, he has a LOT in common with Alice Cooper: He is listed first under associated acts, did a "Gruesome Twosome" tour with him, and recently inducted Alice Cooper into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They've also done quite a few other side projects together? Is there the slightest possibility that they are working together at HHN? I mean, they were both on the survey.

People have been speculating about an Alice sequel or Gruesome Twosome maze...

I know people have asked him about it but I don't remember his response.

Tobe Hooper, I'm pretty sure, is the director of one of the mazes. I mean, logically and what would work as a maze: what do you see as more possible? Poltergeist or TCM? As cool as it would be to have Poltergeist, TCM is just easier to do. Plus it matches with the Eastwood/Reynolds hints while Poltergeist only KINDA matches. TCM is also more popular. They did the original Friday the 13th series in 08 even though the remake was hitting only a mere 4 months away and NOES even though it was greenlit already for '10 -- so the "while the iron is hot" isn't really an issue thing when it comes to TCM. It's one of the BIG ones. That, NOES, Jason, Chucky -- they can come ANY year because they are icons of the horror genre and are instantly recognizable no matter what year it is. PLUS Murdy said the director of the movie is the director of Quigley. This is NOT true for the new TCM in 3D, so it would have to be based on the original, per Murdy's hint. Considering the movie was available to do and ready for release in October and was then pushed back, it's possible Murdy has already seen the new film. Not to mention, the new film is apart of the ORIGINAL series and not the remake series. Also to mention, trailers for the new film hitting in January will be out by than, making it a good marketing opportunity. For any other film, it wouldn't be worth the risk but as said before, this is one of the ICONIC horror villains. Whether it was the original, the remake, based on the new one only -- it doesn't matter because Leatherface will always be a viable marketing tool. TCM IS COMING TO HHN 2012! MARK MY WORDS!!!

09 had no repeats ;)

Attended 2009-2011, so far, so it seems the pattern is minimal repeats. Also, the mazes have only grown and it makes business sense to bring back a maze to the added number of attractions. From the reports I have seen, attendance only seems to be bigger with HHN's style of promotion. I kick myself for missing "The Big Three" from 2008!! Since I was able to witness the return of NOES and F13th, I would love to be immersed in the TCM environment. Extra emphasis if it was presented by Tobe Hooper! I still get the feeling that the director would not be connected to a Poltergeist maze due the rumoured "buttinski's" (intervention) by Speilberg during the filming of the movie.

I know people have asked him about it but I don't remember his response.

Tobe Hooper, I'm pretty sure, is the director of one of the mazes. I mean, logically and what would work as a maze: what do you see as more possible? Poltergeist or TCM? As cool as it would be to have Poltergeist, TCM is just easier to do. Plus it matches with the Eastwood/Reynolds hints while Poltergeist only KINDA matches. TCM is also more popular. They did the original Friday the 13th series in 08 even though the remake was hitting only a mere 4 months away and NOES even though it was greenlit already for '10 -- so the "while the iron is hot" isn't really an issue thing when it comes to TCM. It's one of the BIG ones. That, NOES, Jason, Chucky -- they can come ANY year because they are icons of the horror genre and are instantly recognizable no matter what year it is. PLUS Murdy said the director of the movie is the director of Quigley. This is NOT true for the new TCM in 3D, so it would have to be based on the original, per Murdy's hint. Considering the movie was available to do and ready for release in October and was then pushed back, it's possible Murdy has already seen the new film. Not to mention, the new film is apart of the ORIGINAL series and not the remake series. Also to mention, trailers for the new film hitting in January will be out by than, making it a good marketing opportunity. For any other film, it wouldn't be worth the risk but as said before, this is one of the ICONIC horror villains. Whether it was the original, the remake, based on the new one only -- it doesn't matter because Leatherface will always be a viable marketing tool. TCM IS COMING TO HHN 2012! MARK MY WORDS!!!

09 had no repeats ;)

sorry I just don't see it maybe because it seemed that murdy droped a maze around the same time they pushed back TCM, not only that based on The NOES and F13 te,akes going in the same spots kinda furthers my doubts.

Klownz was confirmed via the first Magic 8-Ball session, but I could've sworn he said one of the other scarezones would NOT be returning. I'll have to check though.

And as for Rob Zombie returning this year with something "original".... that'd be a nice throwback for those that attended the event in 1999 (Thrilling Chilling World of Rob Zombie) & 2000 (American Nightmare.... although i believe this was what spawned House of 1000 Corpses as a movie)

You know, they haven't announced any new scarezones. I wonder if this is a bad omen that Freakz and Klownz will be back?

Oh god. Please no. Last year, I almost found them annoying, not fun and scary. By the end of the night I just wanted to scream at all of them to go away. But I hope something good will come out of the scare zones this year. They've been feeling lacking the past few years, at least to me...

Rob Zombie is coming out with a new movie in October too.

Could be a possibility?

I remember there being a poster of it in the HOTC spot actually. Could be sign?

Wow I got the Walking Dead's clue all correct. This makes me want to try the other 1's lol.

Edited by Bubba

I dont think there is much chance for a Rob Zombie anything.

Thank you, I've been saying that for a while now! Nobody listens when I say it, hopefully they'll listen to you. :)

And as for Rob Zombie returning this year with something "original".... that'd be a nice throwback for those that attended the event in 1999 (Thrilling Chilling World of Rob Zombie) & 2000 (American Nightmare.... although i believe this was what spawned House of 1000 Corpses as a movie)

Rob Zombie's American Nightmare was originally title Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses. The movie was shot in 2000, but Rob couldn't find anybody too distribute the movie due to its gory nature. Even Universal turned it down, so they renamed the maze Rob Zombie's American Nightmare, so it wasn't an "original" Rob Zombie maze.

You know, they haven't announced any new scarezones. I wonder if this is a bad omen that Freakz and Klownz will be back?

I think the lack of more scarezone updates is because they're prepping for another maze release this upcoming week. I know Orlando is definitely getting one so I'm assuming Hollywood might be doing the same. So maybe after announcing these first initial mazes, they'll get to the smaller stuff and return to the mazes again come August. Don't wanna throw too much info out at once.

Rob Zombie's American Nightmare was originally title Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses. The movie was shot in 2000, but Rob couldn't find anybody too distribute the movie due to its gory nature. Even Universal turned it down, so they renamed the maze Rob Zombie's American Nightmare, so it wasn't an "original" Rob Zombie maze.

I knew it was "House of 1000 Corpses" but since the house technically came before the movie was made, it was still "original" in the sense that it wasnt a movie yet. But the success of the house is what got the movie into production.

My point is... he created two original houses for HHN before, but most of the current fanboys are oblivious to what was at the event pre-hiatus. The fanboys for the Orlando event are the same way and that event has never had multiple hiatuses.

I knew it was "House of 1000 Corpses" but since the house technically came before the movie was made, it was still "original" in the sense that it wasnt a movie yet. But the success of the house is what got the movie into production.

Actually, that's incorrect. He made the movie, had a falling out with Universal because they thought the movie was going to be NC-17, the maze was already in production but Universal didn't want to be affiliated to the name and since they had dropped the movie already, they felt no need to promote it, so they just renamed the maze American Nightmare. Zombie didn't find distribution for the flick until another 3 years later by Lionsgate.

As you can see:

Filming Dates

14 May 2000 - 20 August 2000

The film was already finished before HHN 2000. In August, a PR was released for HHN: "Rob Zombie's 'The House Of 1000 Corpses Maze,' based on Zombie's upcoming debut as a director and screenwriter." Come October 13th, after the falling out with Universal, the map didn't list the maze by that name and there was no mention of it in the description.

Also, saying it was original since the movie wasn't out yet would be like saying The Thing last year was original (or only inspired by Carpenter's The Thing) until the film came out mid-run, which would have THEN made it based on the new movie.

Edited by DTH316

Murdy has stated multiple times he's not going to Orlando. I'm not quite sure if it'll be a joint announcement but I do know we will be seeing the thing he filmed VERY soon. My guess is sometime later this week around the time Orlando announces their maze. Crazy with all these maze announcements coming so soon this year! It's like an HHN updater's wet dream!

^He also lied about doing Silent Hill so... He said he filmed something, and we will see it soon, so, now we wait.

He might have tricked us. He said he wasn't going to Orlando, and technically, he went to Atlanta first, after all, Atlanta is close to Florida...

Edited by Hauntfan