HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

@HorrorNights: Wow 2 mazes released in less than a week. Now I gotta pack my bags and get ready for another road trip. Where? Can't say....yet

Where would he possibly need to travel to?

Texas ;) I would say to the steps for The Exorcist, but that's way in Maryland/Virginia/D.C.. A bit TOO far of a place to be road tripping to when you're smack dab in the middle of building mazes.

The designer of Orlando's HHN came here, so maybe John's going there? But if he is, why would he? I doubt to announce anymore shared mazes... so where else could he be going? Maybe meeting up with one of the names connected to a maze?

John already said no to going to Orlando.

John said The Walking Dead will be located somewhere secluded........hidden away.......out of sight. I think this confirms 7 mazes this year.

Nah, doesn't confirm it really. But that does throw it in the mix. More than likely he's screwin with us but you never know these days...

So no chance of an Evil Dead maze coming this year huh? The remake release is set for April of 2013. Does it make more sense to promote it 6 months before the release or after 6 months after? In other words, Halloween 2012 or 2013 for Universal? I'd definitely crap my pants if there was an Evil Dead maze. I'm sure the idea has been brought up before, but damnit I had to bring it up again.

Same goes for the new TCM.

no Murdy said he would'nt promote a movie ahead of of time unless it's release during HHN, this was his reasoning behind droping Wolfman for My Bloody Valentine in 09

John Murdy's Twitter: "The code name for Walking Dead was "Classic Cowboy" The hints were 1) An NFL team that's never won a Super Bowl?...... That team is The ATLANTA Falcons. Atlanta is that main setting of Walking Dead. 2) A "Classic Cowboy"? The "Classic Cowboy" is Shane, a famous western and lead character on Walking Dead. Last hint was....a hit song from 1987? The song is "It's the end of the World as We Know It (and I feel fine) by REM. End of the world, zombie apocalypse...get it?" I would like to congratulate @DireBrian for being the winner. Is he / are you on the forums?

at least someone on this board got a codename right lol

The designer of Orlando's HHN came here, so maybe John's going there? But if he is, why would he? I doubt to announce anymore shared mazes... so where else could he be going? Maybe meeting up with one of the names connected to a maze?

Im with you looks like another joint maze will be released. Maybe this yearboth coast figure they work togather.

John said The Walking Dead will be located somewhere secluded........hidden away.......out of sight. I think this confirms 7 mazes this year.

its behind T2 the videos a dead giveaway

John Murdy's Twitter: "The code name for Walking Dead was "Classic Cowboy" The hints were 1) An NFL team that's never won a Super Bowl?...... That team is The ATLANTA Falcons. Atlanta is that main setting of Walking Dead. 2) A "Classic Cowboy"? The "Classic Cowboy" is Shane, a famous western and lead character on Walking Dead. Last hint was....a hit song from 1987? The song is "It's the end of the World as We Know It (and I feel fine) by REM. End of the world, zombie apocalypse...get it?" I would like to congratulate @DireBrian for being the winner. Is he / are you on the forums?

Thanks so much! It helped that I had seen every film on the AFI Top 100 Movies of All Time list, Shane was one of the movies on that list.

HNN For The Win

Edited by DireBrian

you forgot one other one... and what will be the overlay for House of Horrors?

All of the overlays have been so "blah"I just don't even pay attention anymore.

As for what one of the houses could be, I wonder if La Llorona was inspired by a Dick Smith creation. If that's the case then.... :(

^If La Llorona comes back I would hope it would be a new maze, but Alice Cooper is strongly speculated as returning in a new maze, I wouldn't want TWO themes from last year to carry over.

Edit: I looked on the Survey from 2011 from a picture somebody posted here, AHS is on the survey. The make-up artist said he was inspired by the works of Dick Smith. Here's the exact quote

Like most artists, I was inspired by watching the films featuring the work of Dick Smith,Stan Winston, Rob Bottin, Steve Johnson and Rick Baker.

Is there any other connection between AHS and Suffer Little Children? Both Violet and Tate died, as well as the twins at the beginning of the show and the original owner's baby died as well. All of Constance's children died. Maybe I'm just wishing it was AHS, lol.

Edited by Hauntfan

^If La Llorona comes back I would hope it would be a new maze, but Alice Cooper is strongly speculated as returning in a new maze, I wouldn't want TWO themes from last year to carry over.

Edit: I looked on the Survey from 2011 from a picture somebody posted here, AHS is on the survey. The make-up artist said he was inspired by the works of Dick Smith. Here's the exact quote

Is there any other connection between AHS and Suffer Little Children? Both Violet and Tate died, as well as the twins at the beginning of the show.

I'll take that over La Llorona returning. American Horror Story is sounding like a real possibility now. Isn't that show canceled?

It ended, season 2 starts around Halloween I think, it takes place in an all new area, an asylum I think. If you read my edited post that I edited right after you posted you would see that a lot of children in the show died. Babies too. If you even stretch it more, the character Tate killed many students in a school shooting.

Edited by Hauntfan

I wouldn't be complaining, I'd just be very surprised! With Silent Hill this year, I'm campaigning HARD for Resident Evil in 2013. With all the awesome stuff to come, imagine if next year it was: Evil Dead, Resident Evil (based on the games), Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Dear lord, that'd be the most epic year! But enough about that, don't wanna go too off topic. American Horror Story I could see fitting in the JP queue or the Shrek venue. Not enough material to make something as long as the T2 venue. The Exorcist I could see in the Shrek venue, easy. JP queue is a bit long and considering the movie takes place mostly in one room, I have a hard time imagining it taking up that much space. If TCM comes this year and not next, I think it could go in any of those venues. Looking at those walls in the T2 queue though, it kinda reminds me of the walls from the first TCM maze but who knows, I think someone has said a certain property looks like those walls each time a new one has been brought up!

Hey, joining in on the conversation. I think AHS is starting to sound like a really good possibility. It was on the survey, and has all the things you covered. Adding on to your list, Constance (a main character from the show) also chained up her child Beauregard in the attic to "suffer" then eventually had someone kill him. Now Beau's spirit is trapped in the attic indefinitely. On a side note, the Infantata reminds me a lot of the girl in the Exorcist... I thought that the entire season of AHS. Look it up. That's a stretch though. Still, it definitely sounds like a show with a lot of "Suffer Little Children"... I'll be up for it any day over La Lorena return...

Hauntfan, I agree with you too, not a lot of HHN friendly movies. To me, this year has been a fail for horror movies. There's still hope in the future though... maybe...

I wouldn't be complaining, I'd just be very surprised! With Silent Hill this year, I'm campaigning HARD for Resident Evil in 2013. With all the awesome stuff to come, imagine if next year it was: Evil Dead, Resident Evil (based on the games), Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Dear lord, that'd be the most epic year! But enough about that, don't wanna go too off topic. American Horror Story I could see fitting in the JP queue or the Shrek venue. Not enough material to make something as long as the T2 venue. The Exorcist I could see in the Shrek venue, easy. JP queue is a bit long and considering the movie takes place mostly in one room, I have a hard time imagining it taking up that much space. If TCM comes this year and not next, I think it could go in any of those venues. Looking at those walls in the T2 queue though, it kinda reminds me of the walls from the first TCM maze but who knows, I think someone has said a certain property looks like those walls each time a new one has been brought up!

This year sounds like it will be Epic too. AHS should go in the Shrek Venue, it would just fit well there, if it is AHS. Never thought my speculation would spark interest, lol. Has Murdy ever mentioned AHS in any tweets, like if he has watched the show? It sounds like a good possibility this year.

Edited by Hauntfan

Brianb14

Welcome To The forum!

But guys, I realy think we should just give up on TCM already, I doubt its coming this year.

Brianb14

Welcome To The forum!

But guys, I realy think we should just give up on TCM already, I doubt its coming this year.

I am not pulling for TCM this year, next year is another story, and another topic. :)

Welcome to our discussions Brianb14, I completely agree with your post. I've watched the whole first season of AHS and I think it would make a good maze, "Suffer Little Children" also makes sense for the series. AHS is also very popular and I would much rather take AHS than another year of La Llorona.

Edited by Hauntfan

Every year that I have attended has had at least one repeat. It would be great to have nothing but new mazes, however, it seems it would be "fiscally responsible" to bring back a returning property. Since not all mazes will have code names, I guess that means either Alice Cooper or LaLlorona will be returning. Alice Cooper was the highest rated maze....why not bring it back? If it is a sequel maze, then maybe both have a chance, in some form, of returning.

Edited by AsylumSB

Just like Poltergeist, I don't see an amazing maze from AMH. I'd rather go visit the AMH/Poltergeist house in Los Angeles to get that experience.

On another note, the hint "Suffer Little Children". Does "The Amityville Horror" fit in there at all? 2 or more children got shot and killed. The thought just crossed my mind today.

Edited by manbeast

Every year that I have attended has had at least one repeat. It would be great to have nothing but new mazes, however, it seems it would be "fiscally responsible" to bring back a returning property. Since not all mazes will have code names, I guess that means either Alice Cooper or LaLlorona will be returning. Alice Cooper was the highest rated maze....why not bring it back? If it is a sequel maze, then maybe both have a chance, in some form, of returning.

I don't want to see La Llorona and Alice Cooper come back, one or the other please! :)

Just like Poltergeist, I don't see an amazing maze from AMH. I'd rather go visit the AMH/Poltergeist house in Los Angeles to get that experience.

On another note, the hint "Suffer Little Children". Does "The Amityville Horror" fit in there at all? 2 or more children got shot and killed. The thought just crossed my mind today.

Is there a character inspired by a Dick Smith creation? That's the reason I brought AHS back up.

This year sounds like it will be Epic too. AHS should go in the Shrek Venue, it would just fit well there, if it is AHS. Never thought my speculation would spark interest, lol. Has Murdy ever mentioned AHS in any tweets, like if he has watched the show? It sounds like a good possibility this year.

I know people have asked him about it but I don't remember his response.

Tobe Hooper, I'm pretty sure, is the director of one of the mazes. I mean, logically and what would work as a maze: what do you see as more possible? Poltergeist or TCM? As cool as it would be to have Poltergeist, TCM is just easier to do. Plus it matches with the Eastwood/Reynolds hints while Poltergeist only KINDA matches. TCM is also more popular. They did the original Friday the 13th series in 08 even though the remake was hitting only a mere 4 months away and NOES even though it was greenlit already for '10 -- so the "while the iron is hot" isn't really an issue thing when it comes to TCM. It's one of the BIG ones. That, NOES, Jason, Chucky -- they can come ANY year because they are icons of the horror genre and are instantly recognizable no matter what year it is. PLUS Murdy said the director of the movie is the director of Quigley. This is NOT true for the new TCM in 3D, so it would have to be based on the original, per Murdy's hint. Considering the movie was available to do and ready for release in October and was then pushed back, it's possible Murdy has already seen the new film. Not to mention, the new film is apart of the ORIGINAL series and not the remake series. Also to mention, trailers for the new film hitting in January will be out by than, making it a good marketing opportunity. For any other film, it wouldn't be worth the risk but as said before, this is one of the ICONIC horror villains. Whether it was the original, the remake, based on the new one only -- it doesn't matter because Leatherface will always be a viable marketing tool. TCM IS COMING TO HHN 2012! MARK MY WORDS!!!

09 had no repeats ;)