HHN 21 | Take A Chance Clues & Answers

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like Loose Cannon is actually a game of skill rather than luck, unlike the other seven games. As long as you are able to balance the ship long enough to cut all four ropes, you will always win, right?

It also seems you have to cut the ropes in a certain order or else your sword breaks, or at least that's my experience.

It seems like Loose Cannon is actually a game of skill rather than luck, unlike the other seven games. As long as you are able to balance the ship long enough to cut all four ropes, you will always win, right?

I thought this when I decided to sit down and actually try to get some points. I figured that this game might have more of a focus on skill, instead of just blind luck. Unfortunately, you can still lose the game, even if you maintain the balance of the cannon. Sometimes you can cut all four ropes without breaking the sword once, while other times you'll have the sword break twice in a row. One peculiar thing that I've noticed is that it will occasionally break twice in a row on the last rope, essentially forcing you to lose.

This may not be true at all, but I think the chance of the sword breaking comes down to the sword itself and when you choose to cut. I'm not sure if it is on some sort of timed interval, but sometimes after cutting a rope and breaking the sword, I will wait a few seconds and then successfully cut that same rope.

I really wish I could take a look at the code and figure it out, but I no longer have any of that software installed.

Guest HHNPicMan

I thought this when I decided to sit down and actually try to get some points. I figured that this game might have more of a focus on skill, instead of just blind luck. Unfortunately, you can still lose the game, even if you maintain the balance of the cannon. Sometimes you can cut all four ropes without breaking the sword once, while other times you'll have the sword break twice in a row. One peculiar thing that I've noticed is that it will occasionally break twice in a row on the last rope, essentially forcing you to lose.

This may not be true at all, but I think the chance of the sword breaking comes down to the sword itself and when you choose to cut. I'm not sure if it is on some sort of timed interval, but sometimes after cutting a rope and breaking the sword, I will wait a few seconds and then successfully cut that same rope.

I really wish I could take a look at the code and figure it out, but I no longer have any of that software installed.

Actually, its been my expirence that the sword break because of where you cut the rope. Build into the animation of the game is a zone in which the sword will work everytime. However, this zone can move. Basically, watch the sail. If the sail is coming down, DONT cut the rope. If you notice, the sail moves on its own regardless of which way you steer the ship and cannon. The reason they put this "cut" zone into the game is to keep people from very quickly moving the mouse over and cutting the rope at any old place. Its much harder to move the mouse to a specific area then it is to move it to a general area. Thus, while there is mostly skill involved, you basically have to take a chance and attempt to quikly move the mouse to a small area.

So, watch the sail. Only cut the rope when the sail is at its highpoint. Also, making a cut and hitting the ship instead will also cause your sword to break. I have figured this out after countless times trying to get high points as well. Good luck.

WTF? this happened to me twice, i went to play, chose the cannon game, and while it was loading i open a new tab to check yahoo, when i click back they gave me the NO CHEATING/BAN for 1 Hour

but, why? i didn't refresh, so HHN wants me to not check anything else while playing? wtf? happened to me twice, I hate that game btw, is freaking dumb, really hard, and, i cant even play now, it sounds silly but, ive been trying to beat the cannon game over and over, now they ban me for nothing...

Edited by black mask

so when do we get the other side of our tokens? once you beat a game half of the token's light up the same color as the game card, so when do we get the other side?

has anyone mentioned this yet, and I haven't seen it? :) thanks!

so when do we get the other side of our tokens? once you beat a game half of the token's light up the same color as the game card, so when do we get the other side?

has anyone mentioned this yet, and I haven't seen it? :) thanks!

It has been talked about, and the general consensus is that more will be revealed concerning the second halves after the major update in about a week. I believe it is also thought that the other 8 halves will come from 6 scarezones and 2 shows, but that is also just speculation, at the moment.

WTF? this happened to me twice, i went to play, chose the cannon game, and while it was loading i open a new tab to check yahoo, when i click back they gave me the NO CHEATING/BAN for 1 Hour

but, why? i didn't refresh, so HHN wants me to not check anything else while playing? wtf? happened to me twice, I hate that game btw, is freaking dumb, really hard, and, i cant even play now, it sounds silly but, ive been trying to beat the cannon game over and over, now they ban me for nothing...

That sucks... I change tabs on when I play all the time and that's never happened to me. I change every time especially with the Rune game so I can come back here and see the pattern of the symbols on the box... :rolleyes:

Actually this happened to me yesterday. While the game was loading I got the same message. No cheating banned for 1 hour. No idea why but it happened... :blink:

2 questions, first in Loose Cannon, the only game I have yet to win you are supposedly able to control the ship's tilting by moving your cursor (cutlass) back and forth? This doesn't seem to work for me, but does the ship tilt in the same direction and you move the cursor? Or opposite?

Secondly as you loose everything if you continue playing eventually, how does one get a score on the leader board? Do you just quit while you still have tokens? Or is there some way you enter your current score?

Basically the ship does move on its own and you counterct by moving the mouse in the opposite direction that it is moving. I've had problems where if I accidentally clicked out of the window, it lost all connection to the game.

As for the Leader board. I was number 8.. and now I don't even know (lower than 10) As I've played I slipped from 13K to I think 7K now... so you would have to leave it and then not play again basically.

I hate that cannon game i just can't do it. It doesn't help when you have a weak internet connection and a split second pause can mean the cannon explodes. Grrrrrr. I wanna know how some people have suddenly got above 30000 tokens after they fixed the refresh option. Nobody is that lucky surely?

2 questions, first in Loose Cannon, the only game I have yet to win you are supposedly able to control the ship's tilting by moving your cursor (cutlass) back and forth? This doesn't seem to work for me, but does the ship tilt in the same direction and you move the cursor? Or opposite?

Secondly as you loose everything if you continue playing eventually, how does one get a score on the leader board? Do you just quit while you still have tokens? Or is there some way you enter your current score?

The ship naturally moves back and forth, forcing the cannon to one side or the other. You want to counteract the movement of the cannon with the position of your sword. If it is moving toward the left, move your mouse to the left side of the screen to force it back toward the right. Also, the score is automatically recorded on the leaderboard. The base 180 tokens that everyone starts with do not count toward your score. So people that have 6000 points on their screen are actually registered on the leaderboard for 5820. Those that played (and retained points) from when each game cost 30 tokens may have a score that is off from the multiples of 60. Mr. Fearman has a score like that, I believe.

The cannon game is very finicky, especially on certain computers. It is even laggy on my computer, which is brand new and has high end specs. I couldn't even imagine trying it on a laptop running off of battery power.

This is a strange thing for me to suggest, but if anyone wants the cannon game token just for completion sake, I will do it for you. I completely understand any apprehension to this, as it would obviously be giving me access to your account. I can promise that I wouldn't store any of your info or mess with your score beyond the few times that the game might make me lose (stupid fragile cutlass!). If you'd like to do this, I suggest perhaps changing your password to something that you don't use on other accounts and then PMing me. Again, I wouldn't do anything to your account or keep your info.

Edited by Universal Freak

I hate that cannon game i just can't do it. It doesn't help when you have a weak internet connection and a split second pause can mean the cannon explodes. Grrrrrr. I wanna know how some people have suddenly got above 30000 tokens after they fixed the refresh option. Nobody is that lucky surely?

Saws'n'Steam is still possible to milk for tokens - you just have to accept there will be ups and downs like true gambling. If you play consistently with a perfect memory, you will win approximately 70% of the time. I kept playing (losing by default every so often) to move from #6 to #4 on the leader board. It's incredibly time consuming but possible... then again, I only had to increase 1,700 points to end up in my current spot. "Crystal B" has gained over ten thousand in the last week.....

i just gave up on the cannon, whatever... :angry:

Don't give up... :D Take your time with it. While the game is loading put your cursor in the top left hand corner where the set of ropes are and as soon as the game comes on click the mouse button rapidly and you will cut the first rope before the cannon even starts to move. That worked for me anyway. Then take your time keeping the cannon balanced while trying to cut the ropes. You have to move pretty fast while doing so, Remember it's a game of patience rather than skill. Make sure you don't cut the ropes when the sail is down or the sword will break. Only cut when the sail is up and away from your sword. Keep trying and eventually you will get it. I know because I did after about 100 tries. Good luck my friend... :)

Don't give up... :D Take your time with it. While the game is loading put your cursor in the top left hand corner where the set of ropes are and as soon as the game comes on click the mouse button rapidly and you will cut the first rope before the cannon even starts to move. That worked for me anyway. Then take your time keeping the cannon balanced while trying to cut the ropes. You have to move pretty fast while doing so, Remember it's a game of patience rather than skill. Make sure you don't cut the ropes when the sail is down or the sword will break. Only cut when the sail is up and away from your sword. Keep trying and eventually you will get it. I know because I did after about 100 tries. Good luck my friend... :)

thanks, i might try it again doing what you told me, is just so hard, makes me crazy...

Im so frustrated with Loose Cannon. I have played it constantly every hour all day today and cant get anywhere. Its the only one I cant beat. I try all the tips and every time the boat tips to the right and the cannon explodes before i can get the sword to cut a single rope. I put the sword on the left side of the screen and pretty much exactly on the spot the rope is. The sword either breaks or nothing happens. Im gonna keep trying, but im not having fun anymore. This year the games are just frustrating. Most of my friends would go play the games a few times. But this year, no one does. They play, get banned and then they say its boring. Im starting to feel the same way. I just want all my chips half lit in time for the site update. I get the Luck thing, but man I must have No luck! lol