HHN 21 Discussion

Over the last few days a few houses have closed for a while before being opened later in the night. Would anyone happen to know why they were closed (or perhaps what usually causes a house to close)?

In other news, last night I finished up my HHN 21 trip. I must say, I found this year exceptional well done! I can't wait to read more reviews and see how everything evolves.

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say the Forsaken has become much better. Congrats to the crew onboard.

YLHRO is still the same...kind of a bore. I so wish they could add something to this zone and please up the music. All I hear is Lady Luck moaning likes she's having sex in the fog.

The other zones are fighting for my number 1 spot. We shall see after tonight.

I've read a lot of negative comments about the green eyes in The Forsaken. The eyes don't bother me at all. I like the concept and it helps to make the house unique.

What I do mind are the neon green earplugs that many of the actors are wearing this year throughout the park. I totally understand the need for earplugs for some of the "noiser" spots, but the neon green is quite distracting and takes away from the "immersiveness.". Could Uni not use a color that doesn't stand out so much?

I don't think this was mentioned yet, but I have noticed a direct reference to the number "21" in several places this year, a la 2003 with the "13" references. The latest e-mail that Universal sent did state the following: " House Secrets: Keep your eyes open as you explore each house. Lady Luck has left her calling card throughout. You may have to look more than once to see al of the evil she has unleashed." So far, we've found:

1) H.R. Bloodenguts: Holidays of Horror - WKNB 21 from Carey, Ohio (nice touch)

2) The Thing - there is a deck of playing cards on a shelf across from the pool table with the death hand (Q/A spades) laying out.

3) Nightingales: Blood Prey - there is a deck of playing cards on a crate in a medical tent half-way through with the death hand laying out.

4) The In-Between - The Ultra Violent Comics book (the facade) has "No. 21 Sept-Oct" written on it. (Thanks USFAddicts.)

I'm sure that there is a direct reference in each house - has anyone found others yet? We spent a good deal of time looking this past Friday, but only found these three so far. I'm really enjoying this year's theming of luck and choice, especially with how they tied the eight houses into involving Lady Luck's presence. Following the fate of these individuals, as we walk through their stories, is quite exciting. I can't wait to see how the event evolves over the next month!

Edited by Voorhees

I don't think this was mentioned yet, but I have noticed a direct reference to the number "21" in several places this year, a la 2003 with the "13" references. The latest e-mail that Universal sent did state the following: " House Secrets: Keep your eyes open as you explore each house. Lady Luck has left her calling card throughout. You may have to look more than once to see al of the evil she has unleashed." So far, we've found:

1) H.R. Bloodenguts: Holidays of Horror - WKNB 21 from Carey, Ohio (nice touch)

2) The Thing - there is a deck of playing cards on a shelf across from the pool table with the death hand (Q/A spades) laying out.

3) Nightingales: Blood Prey - there is a deck of playing cards on a crate in a medical tent half-way through with the death hand laying out.

I'm sure that there is a direct reference in each house - has anyone found others yet? We spent a good deal of time looking this past Friday, but only found these three so far. I'm really enjoying this year's theming of luck and choice, especially with how they tied the eight houses into involving Lady Luck's presence. Following the fate of these individuals, as we walk through their stories, is quite exciting. I can't wait to see how the event evolves over the next month!

The In-Between Comic book cover has Issue #21 on it!

Confirmed yes they have black chainsaws. Which doesn't make too much since.

People have to have their chainsaws at HHN. So you end up with random characters with chainsaws that weren't intended to have them.

Did they completely get rid of the sticks they had that made the sound? They got plenty of scares with them and it was way cooler.

People have to have their chainsaws at HHN. So you end up with random characters with chainsaws that weren't intended to have them.

Did they completely get rid of the sticks they had that made the sound? They got plenty of scares with them and it was way cooler.

While I love the chainsaws, I'm not sure the Minions are the best characters to have them... maybe the ones in Mel's, but the ones in YLHRO, too? That's gonna kill the ambiance...

Hmmm, I wonder if they got rid of that effect completely. I could've sworn that the pilgrim in HR Bloodengutz was missing his rifle tonight, which also uses the same effect.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this was posted already, and I'm sure many of you heard about it, but they gave out some free stuff on Friday night if you followed the clue Universal posted on their twitter.

They were giving out a hoodie, as well as the following stuff: http://minus.com/mVIgVO8JU

Have to say, I'm really digging actually getting my hands on these cards.

jbbAPnxHhnqRzi.JPG

I just left HHN, I can for sure say that the Minions with the "sticks" were out tonight in the front of the park during the opening. I didn't go through YLHRO so I can't say what's going on in there. There were minions with chainsaws by Mels and the pilgrim had his 'gun' in Bloodengutz... At least the two times I was in there tonight.

While I love the chainsaws, I'm not sure the Minions are the best characters to have them... maybe the ones in Mel's, but the ones in YLHRO, too? That's gonna kill the ambiance...

i agree with this

they should give them to the actors at mel's maybe even all of them at Mel's

but I cannot deny i am really happy to see chainsaws :)

Lines today were around 10 minutes for some houses and around 30-40 for others, really really good day today,

Rip Ride Rock it was something like 60 minutes, the longest time i saw today, Maybe the house lines are shorter because Everyone is doing the coaster?

Edited by black mask

Anyway, I'm not sure if this was posted already, and I'm sure many of you heard about it, but they gave out some free stuff on Friday night if you followed the clue Universal posted on their twitter.

They were giving out a hoodie, as well as the following stuff: http://minus.com/mVIgVO8JU

Have to say, I'm really digging actually getting my hands on these cards.

jbbAPnxHhnqRzi.JPG

Ah okie dokie was wondering what that was about I was in line for The Thing when I got the tweet and they were gone when I got out really neat thoigh

I liked the sticks better. It seems like now they're just trying to toss chainsaws wherever they can. I thought it was fine just having the two in 7 and two in Acid Assault...

This this this this this. x1000.

Hey can someone help me out here? I'm pretty confused... I was in Acid Assault and I asked an actor if I could take a photo of him because I know I wouldnt like getting a random flash in my face. But he kindly said "were not allowed". But I see so many others taking photos plus look at this thread lol.Are they really not allowed? or was that his way of saying he doesnt want his picture taken, which I totally respect. I'm not a newbie im just curious and confused because I've never heard of this at HHN before. Thanks!