HHN XXI Speculation II

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the pic might be from the Columbus house or Crypt. Crypt would be the obvious choice. On a side not way off topic I just felt an earthquake here in Pa. Wow.

This picture has really baffled me; I can't think of a house that would suit silver skeletons, but I'm thinking it may be the Columbus house. ... I also live in Pennsylvania, and I too felt the earthquake.

Looking at the new picture of the hanging skeletons, it reminds me of 'The Pit and The Pendulum' by Poe. Or quite possibly our 'Columbus/Ship wreck' house

Jeramy already explained the falacy in this thought earlier today, but I assume most skipped right over it:

Could be anything but notice the chains don't really fit the Parade building era. Would be much bigger and rusty with huge clasps.

That type of chain did not exist in 1504. I would hope A&D would have the foresight not to use modern chains in a historical house.

Edited by Lizz

Speculation on the latest mask posts: the knee jerk reaction is, of course, it's a Weeping Angel from Doctor Who. However, I think it'll be used as a wink and a nod to Doctor Who fans in the cemetary house. Imagine a strobe lit room filled with statues, faces covered with their hands, and suddenly one leaps out to claw your eyes out. The other masks could very well be ghouls featured in the maze, falling in line with the "blue light" aspect of it all.

It's not. It's a graphic AAA made for that article.

Thank goodness. I would've been incredibly disappointed, how plain/generic looking.

The screaming angel pic is under the BLUE card - someone remind me which house that corresponds to again?

This was posted by "Hal Geluk", in response to someone asking what you win for being at the top of the Leaderbord;

Being on top of the leaderboard rules cause that means your an HHN addictttt (I'm #5 right now heck yessssssss!!!) but I have to think they'd give at least the top 10 a little something extra... right?????? There's gotta be more than braggin rights!

Guest HHNPicMan

This was posted by "Hal Geluk", in response to someone asking what you win for being at the top of the Leaderbord;

They've been giving people things all along. Those who have been following the random "send us your info" post on facebook have been winning things such as cards, or free HHN tickets. However, they will definately have to address the cheating. I know I cheated at first, which is why I have a really high score. If they do give something away, I think they would need to figure how to tell who is actually being truthfull.

It's not unheard of for a house to have an elaborate, self-contained story that has nothing to do with the event as a whole. They did it with the Wyandot Estate last year. It was so separate from the event (and had such an elaborate story to itself) they split off Legendary Truth into two factions. So to say "We have a character's name already, that has to be Lady Luck," is extremely presumptuous. She will be seen in the park. In fact, she may even be seen indoors and you may have to wait in line.

I think 90% of the people who go to the event care one bit about tying everything together or back story. If the house/sets look cool and they get scares, they like it. If they catch a bad/off shift and don't get the scares, they don't like it. Other than us "fanboys/gals" I don't think it means anything to anybody.

I went in 2004 and 2005 knowing nothing about it or Icons or anything else and loved it. Now, I'm addicted to these sites before the event, and then go and enjoy it for what it is and don't really care much about the THEME or anything, thought I do look for it throughout.

While the 10% of us might be disappointed, the 90% of the General Public aren't going to notice or care. If they had a theme, and then came up with some great idea for houses and were told to include The Thing due to the movie, that's fine by me.

Why is this not getting more attention? I really hope that isn't Lady Luck...

I don't doubt that the pics are real, but the fact that Death/The Reaper is holding a Straight Flush of DIAMONDS and not Spades (as seen everywhere on the official site, FB, "first 21 prizes", Twitter, Logo, Ect) tells you that Universal A&D had nothing to do with it.

I think 90% of the people who go to the event care one bit about tying everything together or back story. If the house/sets look cool and they get scares, they like it. If they catch a bad/off shift and don't get the scares, they don't like it. Other than us "fanboys/gals" I don't think it means anything to anybody.

I went in 2004 and 2005 knowing nothing about it or Icons or anything else and loved it. Now, I'm addicted to these sites before the event, and then go and enjoy it for what it is and don't really care much about the THEME or anything, thought I do look for it throughout.

While the 10% of us might be disappointed, the 90% of the General Public aren't going to notice or care. If they had a theme, and then came up with some great idea for houses and were told to include The Thing due to the movie, that's fine by me.

I agree with you 110%. I make no argument against the fact that most attendees don't care. So why bother with a story for the event at all? If all (I'd say) 95% of the people who attend the event just want an opportunity to take a picture with the face in the commercial (which you can't do in a house), why write an elaborate backstory tied to a house? Why create highly developed "Icons" when you can have Ronald McDonald. You could just set up a photo-op, like they did last year, and call it a day.

This got lost in the mad posting and I added as an afterthought to another post... so here it is as its own post.

To add to the spec: on The Thing... these are maquettes from the movie. They are not... I repeat THEY ARE NOT from the event. But I would think as the house is based on the movie... We should see something similar...

thingmaquettes%20.jpg

I agree with you 110%. I make no argument against the fact that most attendees don't care. So why bother with a story for the event at all? If all (I'd say) 95% of the people who attend the event just want an opportunity to take a picture with the face in the commercial (which you can't do in a house), why write an elaborate backstory tied to a house? Why create highly developed "Icons" when you can have Ronald McDonald. You could just set up a photo-op, like they did last year, and call it a day.

Why bother doing an elaborate backstory for the 5 or 10 percent that do care about it having an icon? Maybe because a lot of them are doing multiple nights at the event, spending money on merchandise, food, drink and who knows what else. I mean some of you guys do every night of the event and thats just the members of this forum. These are the people who talk and promote the event for Universal, who probably introduce new people to it with their enthusiasm. I don't think it hurts to have this background especially seeing as all it requires is a bit of thought on Universals part. Doesn't really cost them any more than if it's just an advertising mascot and they have a whole year to come up with an idea. I think the real question is that if the general public don't care either way whether there is an icon or not then what's the harm in appeasing the die hard fans and making everyone happy? Makes good business sense to me. Everybody wins that way and Universal don't get negative comments. I guess I'm saying it's better to have icon/backstory that some people ignore than not having one that some people will miss. Personally I was dissapointed in Fear last year and I don't want a repeat of that this year.

Why bother doing an elaborate backstory for the 5 or 10 percent that do care about it having an icon? Maybe because a lot of them are doing multiple nights at the event, spending money on merchandise, food, drink and who knows what else. I mean some of you guys do every night of the event and thats just the members of this forum. These are the people who talk and promote the event for Universal, who probably introduce new people to it with their enthusiasm. I don't think it hurts to have this background especially seeing as all it requires is a bit of thought on Universals part. Doesn't really cost them any more than if it's just an advertising mascot and they have a whole year to come up with an idea. I think the real question is that if the general public don't care either way whether there is an icon or not then what's the harm in appeasing the die hard fans and making everyone happy? Makes good business sense to me. Everybody wins that way and Universal don't get negative comments. I guess I'm saying it's better to have icon/backstory that some people ignore than not having one that some people will miss. Personally I was dissapointed in Fear last year and I don't want a repeat of that this year.

I agree with your post Grimp0nd. It doesn't cost very much for them to think up a backstory for an icon. I was very disappointed in Fear last year too and honestly might not make the trip down next year if this year disappoints me as much as last year. Part of that is I think I had it built up in my mind that it was going to be the best year ever. I am keeping my expectations low this year. It's really hard to do from some of the things I've heard but feel it's best for me personally. I consider myself a diehard fan of HHN but I'm not willing to spend the thousands I spend every year to come down if I'm disappointed 2 years in a row. Having said all of that I honestly feel A&D knows the mistakes they made last year. I feel the mistakes will be corrected. Scarezones seem like there going to be special this year. Look for things you've never seen before in the scarezones. I'm not just talking the projections everyone is speculating on.Not that the SZ's weren't great last year but considering several of them were basically photo ops I feel they could be improved on. Some of the houses were good last year but others just lacked that it factor that I've come to love about HHN. Yes the facades and sets were amazing in the house's but they weren't nearly as scary as I would like. I have to think that the auto prompts will make up for some of the dead space in houses from last year. Having said all of that to me an icon ties the event together for me. He/She is what I want on a t-shirt, shot glass etc. I don't want just a photo op in an icon. I want someone who is somewhere in the event trying to scare the crap out of me. Afterall at it's core that's what HHN is about. Good scares and great sets are what keep me coming year after year, not photo ops.

I think that the backstory is probably less for the general public and more for the people who create the event. Having an idea or theme to build off of makes you more creative. In the way that artists and designer make collections I think that the people who put this event together do the very same thing. Not saying that every house is directly related to each other but maybe influenced by each other through similar ideas or thinking patterns.