How did you find out about HHN?

How did you discover/find out about Halloween Horror Nights?

Well, I had first heard of it when I was little (can't remember what age exactly..guessing around pre-school), my mom and and two of her friends were going and I remember I told her I wanted to go (obviously not knowing wht exactly it was at the time but since i had the word halloween in it..it sounded appealing to me). She didn't take me though....and it wasn't til 2006 when I was talking to my cousin on the phone and I asked her what she had done over the weekend (she answered that she went to HHN with some friends) and I completely had an epiphany and a flashback and realized I knew what she was talking about. I totally wanted to go sooooo bad. I spent that whole week asking her about HHN and what it was like, etc. I tried going in 2007 but couldn't so finally in 2008 i went and loved it soo much. Been ging ever since.

I Found out about after looking to buy a Orlando Flexitickets for my holiday, and first thought it looked bad, but then after reading an article in the paper about Harry Potter and HHN i watched a couple of Destination Theme parks reviews i bought tickets, and saw more videos and realised HOLY this stuff looks insane, after going just the once on the 31st i plan going back in Oct from 21st to the 29th and going to the event as much as possible

I was about...ten when I first heard about HHN, I believe. Big fan of Halloween, grew up with Halloween fans, had goth parents for a while (until they became 'normal' per say), grew up loving Halloween attractions. I think I heard about it through website and random Google searches. I looked up Halloween Attractions, because I was bored, and came up with Wikipedia. They had the HHN article, I became intrigued, long story short, big HHN fan now.

Apparently I'm older than a lot of folks on here. I heard about HHN because I was living in Orlando in '97 doing the Disney College Program and saw the HHN billboards all over town (it was the one with the little demon holding open the eye... I think he has a name but I forgot it). I saw that image everywhere and I even remember seeing them covering opening night on the local news. It looked amazing, I wanted to go SO BAD. But I didn't have a car at the time and none of my friends were really into it. I finally got to go in 2000 (the first year of Jack). Had such an amazing time that I've been every year since!

I first heard about HHN in 2000 when going through CityWalk. If I remember correctly, there was a "You Don't Know Jack" advertisement that I saw. Didn't look into it, really. Faded into the back of my mind.

Then in 2004 I stumbled upon the website somehow. Got really into it and decided that I wanted to go. The hurricanes kept me from going because we had to keep our backyard from flooding and fix up the roof. In 2005 I went back on the site and suddenly my fears resurfaced and I refused to go even for a night. In 2006 I finally agreed, went into Screamhouse: Resurrection, and the rest is history.

In 2004, my parents were looking on the internet for the best haunted events around the country to travel to... and discovered the website for HHN. Ever since I have fell in love with it and never missed a year since.

I think the very first thing I saw was the Billboards for 2002 after I moved here , and going to spencers I think, seeing the tickets on sale now sign, I LOVED the concept, but I didn't have anyone to go with, and i was too scared, I also had no idea about the Coca cola Discount, so I thought i had to pay full price, in 2005 mt ex girlfriend asked me to go with her but I bailed as well.....anyways yeah the billboards is how i found out,

Edited by black mask

I've been going to my local California haunts since the early 80's. When Universal Hollywood put on their first HHN in 1992, I visited it with friends, and went to all the Hollywood events since. It wasn't until 2003 that I found out that Orlando actually out on their own HHN. Being completely ignorant of such things, I thought "what copycats"...little did I know..

I must have watched that Director commercial with the Jester 1000 times, and was dying to go. Unfortunately, my wife had twins earlier in the year, so there was no way it was going to happen. But in 2004 I flew out and have gone to both coasts ever since.

I was introduced to HHN in 2003, when I began seeing images of a creepy looking director in the avatars/signatures of users on various forums. However, I didn't realize he was actually tied into HHN (I thought he was just some scary Universal character) until October, when I watched Art of the Scare on the Travel Channel and they played one of the Director commercials. It looked really cool and I searched for some info about it online, but ended up forgetting about it for a while. Fast forward to November 2005 - in a fit of boredom, I happened to remember HHN and decided to see what was new. It was then that I came across HHNVault, and from that point on, I was hooked. I lurked on that site every year, "living" the event through what the fans would post, and vowing that one day, I'd experience it myself. Last year, that dream finally came true. I had so much fun that I just had to plan another trip for this year, and I'm sure I'll be back again in the near future.

I discovered HHN in 2003 through a poster in my hotel when I was in Orlando. As soon as I saw it we went and got our tickets. I had been a fan of all of the halloween events in Pennsylvania where I live so I figured I would give it a shot. From the moment I walked into the port of evil I was hooked. I went through my first house which was Ship of Screams and was even more hooked. By the time we left I was an HHN junkie so to speak.

Living in Orlando my whole life, I've been an annual passholder since god knows when. I had seen the commercials and t-shirts and had wanted to go since I was about 8 or so. My mom finally let me go in 2002 when I was 12 and have gone back every year (except 2004 for personal reasons).

My parents went with their friends in 1992 and they took me too. I was only 9 years old and scared shitless (on top of that, the characters actually touched you back then). Then in 1996 I saw a kid at school wearing the 1995 HHN shirt, so I asked my mom if she would take me again. It became an annual tradition until I got my own car, then she stopped going and it was only me.

first time i became self aware of halloween horror nights was when i saw the commercial for the "whats your breaking point", i remember in school checking the website and finding out more about the event but i was too scare to think about going, it wont be until 06 when i finally went, mostly because a girl ask me to go with her and then after experiencing the event i became fan like all of you ofcourse

My introduction to HHN was by total surprise and chance. While vacationing with family in 1998, we went to a ticket counter for some reason and the customer service person asked us if we were staying for Halloween. We just said "what? Halloween? and she replied "yes, it is a separate ticketed event, you know haunted houses and stuff." So for like $15 or so more we upgraded for the night and as the day light left we had not idea what was in store us. I recall being told that we needed to hang out in New York for Stay and Scream so we hung out on the steps by the park, Gradually, we heard the horror movie music come on and the fog started drifting in. Out of nowhere we spotted our first scareactor and how aggresive things were gonna be with the guests. That was a time when scareactors actually went into the S&S areas to toy with guests while they waited. We sat for a long time watching guests getting scared and then we hit our first haunted house. I don't even recall what it was, I think that it some SS Frightantic, but I'm not sure and were blown away. Walking thru the wall of fog in Amitty and the Midway to the Bizarre was incredibly scary and the clowns were all over everyone. I've never seen fog that thick again. Overall, I don't have a ton of specific house memories, but I recall loving it all and really getting into the street scares. The parade was pretty fun too. I was instantly hooked and have not missed the event since coming from Massachusetts each year. HHN21 will be my 14th year. I wonder what would have happened if I did not go up to the ticket counter or if I had visited Uni on a non HHN day. HHN has become such a huge part of my life. Some things are just meant to be.

Cheers

F.U.B.A.R.

It was 1999, the year before I moved to FL. I was 8. My mom and older sister took a vacation to Universal without me to see HHN. When they came back, me being a horror loving child, I said I wanted to go. So we took a flight for 1 day, flew down in the afternoon, went to HHN, then flew back up the next morning. I fell in love with not only the overall atmosphere of the event itself, but the scareactors. They interacted with me SO much and I just loved it. I was really sick for weeks at the time and the only day I didn't get sick was when I was at HHN. The day I got home I was sick again. So the scareactors have held a very close place in my heart ever since. I've gone every year since 1999.

I saw commercials on T.V. and asked my mom if she would take some friends from high school and myself to the event. Which she did.. My friends and I didn't go in any houses, but instead spent the entire night in the scarezones. I continued going every year after that year (1999) with the exception of 2006. Finally went into my first haunted house in 2007 :D Which now I regret not going into the houses sooner at hhn.. I missed so much.

I can't remember exactly how it happened, it was so blurry. (as most things are for me) But I think I was searching for Freddy Krueger videos on YouTube and came across a Knott's Scary Farm house. Eventually I was lead to a HHN video, might of been Carnival of Carnage. I remember totally falling head-over-heel for the whole concept of Jack and whatnot, then again falling head-over-heels for about every other icon. And now I'm all warm and fuzzy inside because oh, I love it so much and oh, I'm so glad I found it. :)

I've known about HHN ever since that Halloween Horror Nights special aired on the travel channel, the one showcasing the year with the caretaker, probably back in 2002. That is why he is my favorite icon, because I've always associated him with the event the most. Then, in 2005 when I owned my first annual pass to Universal, I got the flyer in the mail advertising HHN and I really wanted to go. It had the storyteller on it and I still have it. But it wasn't until 2009 that I finally was able to go, since my parents wouldn't go with me and they wouldn't let me go up by myself until I was 19.

I remember I was in the single digits when I first learned about the wonders of HHN. Back then, me, my mom, and my bro used to go on nightly walks with our neighbor and her son (Justin). Usually around Halloween season, on these walks, they would share their stories and experiences from that year's HHN event. I would listen, enthralled and amazed...speechless at what they described. I thought it sounded like the coolest thing ever. It was then I decided that one day I too would go to HHN and experience the FEAR for myself.

The first year that I gave some serious thought to going was 2007, and it was near the end of the event...so no dice. Then, 2008 I spent alot of time following the viral and decided that I really wanted to go. I did odd chores around the house to pay for my ticket there and a few weeks later I had all the money I needed....the rest, is HISTORY.