HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

The changes to who how Sprung 2 is developing (with a possible entrance at the exit) could be a clue as well. It could allow the queue entrance to Sprunge 1 to move where both Sprungs exited in the past, and still allow for only two queue lines to start in the ET/Kidzone/Curious George area. One queue would go to the "front" of the Parade building (like normal) and one goes to the "back."

I agree, but I also think that they could have 2 maze entrances at the front of the Parade building. They could use the normal Parade maze queue and have that maze enter through where Hallow'd Past/Silver Screams did. Then, they could either use a Curious George queue leading around to the back of the Parade building and then along the side of it (where the Sprung 1 queues usually extend) or they could use the normal Sprung 1 queue and just have the guests make a right down towards the Hard Rock. In either case, they "could" use the Hallow'd Past/Silver Screams exit door as the entrance to the "new" maze and then have both of the Parade mazes exit through the door that was used as the entrance to Scary Tales in '08.

Many, many options here.

Edited by BruinsFan

Also, as has already been implied, to add more fuel to the 2 houses in the Parade building idea... why would they mess with the queue flow at this point? Has anyone heard of any problems with the current (past years) setup?

My thought exactly. They have used the previous setup since the inception of the tents with slight modifications.. what would suddenly warrant a change in plans?

Okay, since I'm really concerned about the crowd flow with this change to the entrance/exit I did a mock up of what I think the queues would look like. The black boxes are doors.

First, this is what the crowd flow looked like last year/in the past.

2010-SprungCrowdFlowcopy.jpg

And here is what I think it would be now.

2011-SprungCrowdFlowBcopy.jpg

Essentially, the queue for Sprung 2 is the same, except it shifts to the right to enter instead of the left. The "new" queue for Sprung 1 would be where the exit use to be, using the road for all the cut-backs. Multiple cut-backs in a small area (like this) would be easier to manage rather than the long out-and-back format they used before. The exit for both houses would be where the casts have traditionally entered the house at and follow a route similar to the original entrance.

The only issue at that point becomes how the casts get to the houses. A walkway can be developed between the Sprung 1 cut-backs and the exit and enter a side door. Sprung 2 could cut across the exit. The plus of this is that it prevents the ruined surprise (where people standing in line would see the monsters before they were in the house).

That makes sense but, the line for Sprung two cut back on the walkway behind the bathrooms to rows of lines behind MIB and came straight in the front of the tent for the last 3 years. But it wouldn't change the basic flow you've come up with. that definitely works. How would this queue change alter the Parade building queue in anyway?

Edited by JWFearman

That makes sense but, the line for Sprung two cut back on the walkway behind the bathrooms to rows of lines behind MIB and came straight in the front of the tent for the last 3 years. But it wouldn't change the basic flow you've come up with. that definitely works. How would this queue change alter the Parade building queue in anyway?

I wasn't 100% on the cut-backs for Sprung 2, and they're all an approximation anyway.

Parade queues idea.

ParadeFlow.jpg

Looking at Legacy's parade post above reminds me of an earlier rumor. I'm sure everyone remembers the Old Hard Rock building rumor, which was quite bogus. However, noticing Legacy's potential queue's, Parade 2 could go across the grounds of the Hard Rock. Would this be the grain of truth to this rumor, that Universal was looking at the feasibility of using that area as a queue?

As far as the 9th house potential, I believe at best there is a 20 percent chance of it, however the evidence is intriguing.

Looking at Legacy's parade post above reminds me of an earlier rumor. I'm sure everyone remembers the Old Hard Rock building rumor, which was quite bogus. However, noticing Legacy's potential queue's, Parade 2 could go across the grounds of the Hard Rock. Would this be the grain of truth to this rumor, that Universal was looking at the feasibility of using that area as a queue?

As far as the 9th house potential, I believe at best there is a 20 percent chance of it, however the evidence is intriguing.

If I am correct Universal let (or will let) a production use it for a demolition. Right?

Yeah, what Legacy shows for Sprung Tent 2 looks to be what they usually use for the Express entrance. Also, I don't know if the queues for the Sprungs that Legacy mapped out would allow for the amount of people that will be standing in line when the wait reaches 60mins+.

I wasn't 100% on the cut-backs for Sprung 2, and they're all an approximation anyway.

Parade queues idea.

ParadeFlow.jpg

I don't see the reason to change anything with the normal Parade maze (#1) queue in your scenario. They could just keep it the same as in year's past with the same result, could they not?

don't forget, they can't block off the road 100% because it's a fire route and for traffic.

I don't foresee them making a bunch of doublebacks in the road.

They've used doublebacks for Sprung 1 on the road before and have also done so back by the Hard Rock Hotel as well. I do understand what you're saying though.

Edited by BruinsFan

They've used doublebacks for Sprung 1 on the road before and have also done so back by the Hard Rock Hotel as well. I do understand what you're saying though.

I'm not denying that they do/have, but they at least need one portion of those roads back there open so they can get to the Hollywood break area/front of the park, to the tents and the Parade building with no issues at all.

I'm leaning more toward the thought that they are NOT changing the entrance/exits to the tents, and instead this facade is actually pointing toward the normal queue, with the potential for a hidden final scare at the exit. Just seems unnecessary to change the queue directions for the tents.

I'm leaning more toward the thought that they are NOT changing the entrance/exits to the tents, and instead this facade is actually pointing toward the normal queue, with the potential for a hidden final scare at the exit. Just seems unnecessary to change the queue directions for the tents.

If the "facade" we are looking at is actually the exit (using the same exit door as in year's past) and the queue lines stay the same, guests will have to make a 180 degree rotation to their left in order to exit the "normal" way.

If the "facade" we are looking at is actually the exit (using the same exit door as in year's past) and the queue lines stay the same, guests will have to make a 180 degree rotation to their left in order to exit the "normal" way.

Perhaps I'm not visualizing this thing properly... I've looked back at the pictures and I can't quite tell what you mean. The new pictures posted on the construction thread have me even more confused as to what's going on there. The original picture looked like there was a doorway directly in front of the exit to the tent, with the tallest portion facing the original queue. The new pictures have me disoriented.

don't forget, they can't block off the road 100% because it's a fire route and for traffic.

I don't foresee them making a bunch of doublebacks in the road.

True, but the cut back area for Sprung 1 that I diagramed is just an extension of an area that is traditionally blocked off for the Sprung Exits. They can leave a gap large enough for an emergency vehicle to get through (as well as the all important golf-carts) right by the fence. The gap would need to be there anyway so the scareactors can move from the greenroom to the houses.

Again, I'm just thinking about how things can work. The Parade queue(s) mimic what has been used in the past for the Parade and and Sprung 1 queue, and Disaster Queue house entrance queue ("Inception" phrase right there) blocks a good portion of an access road while still keeping just enough space to get through.

At least we know that Sprung 1 is going to have the same entrance as normal. I'm really starting to think the exits are going to be on the backside of the Sprungs. Suddenly, a lot of the rumors we were hearing (changes to queue layouts, going to the old Hard Rock) don't seem that impossible.

AND WE HAVE SPECULATION! Thanks photographers! :lol:

I dont imagine anything going into the old Hard Rock building. I just think that's it's too decripit to use. Kind of like the old Herc/Xena building. I could definetly see a second house moving into the parade building, but I wonder where they'll put the actual parade floats.

I dont imagine anything going into the old Hard Rock building. I just think that's it's too decripit to use. Kind of like the old Herc/Xena building. I could definetly see a second house moving into the parade building, but I wonder where they'll put the actual parade floats.

Oh, I know nothing is going into Hard Rock but a queue could still run by there. The floats could just get moved to a soundstage for storage or to one of the backstage warehouses for refurbishment.

I actually don't think they have space on property to store all the floats. They'd probably have to take to an off-site warehouse. A queue going around the Hard Rock could actually be amazing. It could be HHN's first fully themed queue to a house. It's a pretty cramped space and incredibly overgrown with trees in certain places.

They could work wonders on a themed queue leading up to a house.

Well, I haven't been on here in a LONG time and i can't catch up on all of the speculation so I'm sorry if I say something wrong... But has anyone stopped and realized that maybe the icons aren't done, they just were changed? They had the markings on their face, their personalities changed somewhat, and they made appearances in the houses. Maybe we are just getting deeper into their story involving Fear. After all, the "New Age of Darkness" has already began, so why can't they be apart of the change? Also, they said that there was a some-what strong chance that they will use Cindy for XXI. They had the story-line and design quite developed already, check it out:

Anyways, that's my whole thought process on this year, any response?

I actually don't think they have space on property to store all the floats. They'd probably have to take to an off-site warehouse. A queue going around the Hard Rock could actually be amazing. It could be HHN's first fully themed queue to a house. It's a pretty cramped space and incredibly overgrown with trees in certain places.

They could work wonders on a themed queue leading up to a house.

They definitely have the space, and it's not unheard of for them to store floats in an unused soundstage. Transporting them to an offstage facility, while possible, is highly unlikely because their off-property warehouse is jam-packed as is (it's where props and technical equipment are stored when not in use). FYI - The "Hard Rock Queue" (if we're gonna have one, it should be differentiated) wouldn't be the first "themed" queue they've used. JP Evilution actually had scareactors in the queue in the last 100 or so yards before the facade. And since the whole queue wrapped around the Discovery Center, through the "jungle" and back to Triceratops Encounter it was actually the most immersive HHN queue they've ever had (or really could have).

Well, I haven't been on here in a LONG time and i can't catch up on all of the speculation so I'm sorry if I say something wrong... But has anyone stopped and realized that maybe the icons aren't done, they just were changed? They had the markings on their face, their personalities changed somewhat, and they made appearances in the houses. Maybe we are just getting deeper into their story involving Fear. After all, the "New Age of Darkness" has already began, so why can't they be apart of the change? Also, they said that there was a some-what strong chance that they will use Cindy for XXI. They had the story-line and design quite developed already, check it out:

Anyways, that's my whole thought process on this year, any response?

The Icons won't return for a very long time. From my understanding, TJ has said as much. With how much they hyped the "final bow" for the icons last year, it would be cheap for the Feared Five to show back up in any capacity. Explaining any mutations to the general public (who doesn't know or care about HHN canon) would be difficult, and I think it would be a bit of a middle finger to the hardcore fans who appreciated what was perceived as an appropriate send-off.

Cindy could return, and it has been discussed. If she is back, I sincerely hope it's not the same little girl we have been following for the last 9 years, but rather a young woman. With HHN turning 21 and "becoming an adult," I think it would be appropriate for Cindy to do the same. I also have a suspicion that she will become an embodiment of Death, considering it has surrounded her her entire life. Since Orfanage was a prequel (for some reason), we still don't know where the little fire-starter came from or why she is so willing to kill. She could actually be Death's Daughter for all we know. And while Albert Caine seemed to be unsuccessful in his attempts to resurrect her, maybe he had no control of it after all. If she IS Death's Daughter, then she could theoretically come back on her own accord.

And Cindy never was an official Icon, so her coming back to take the mainstage would still be new to the rest of Orlando.

That story was the unused story that has since changed. Also, It was made abundantly clear that the game is completely changing and the icons are going away. Jack even said in his interview last year that it was his final bow. Don't look to the past... be excited for the future mystery of the event. The game is changing and a rebirth, if you will, is taking place.

Edited by JWFearman

Guest HHNPicMan

I have a feeling that the parade floats are not currently at the resort. I seem to remember some floats being disassembled, and loaded up on trucks. Also, I can say with pretty much accurate certainty that they are not in the Sound Stages.

All right here is what I came up with to visualize.

route.jpg

green = No change Sprung 2 queue

blue = Sprung 1 queue (normal out for both 1 & 2)

Red = Out for both 1 & 2 (Is the only doubled up line AND is the normal in for Sprung 1)

Black = No change and is the normal out for parade 1

Yellow = No Change in for parade 1

Purple/white = In and out for Parade 2.

Oddly the Out for the sprung tents becomes the longest walk and the back of the parade really isn't that bad if you go through Curious george. Of course it COULD loop through Hard rock but that is just more line or overflow.

Honestly the Sprung 1 I think could still go in the front. I don't really know how things work inside. But still out the Back .

Edit: Dang it I did it again.. confused the two tents :P FIXED

Edited by JWFearman