HHN XXI Wishful Thinking

As cheesy as Knott's is this actually was a cool idea in theory... (kinda think they ripped off HHN '08 though)

But... they did Dia de Los Muertos in '09.... and HHN did it in '10.

In that same vein I wouldn't mind seeing a esquleto Muerte continued to a house.

However, I'm pretty sure that it was just a street thing and will not see it develop.

Edited by JWFearman

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea speculation prior to the event is just as invovling as lt games actually I think more so

I don't understand why this high level of secrecy even if we do figure out a few houses it not going to hurt attendance

Edited by Carnagefan

I completely agree. I think a lock down has the opposite effect. If you don't give us ANYTHING at all.. we get frantic... then angry... then just lose interest all together. at least I do.

With anything. If you want interest it is only normal to give a teaser. Be it viral "leaked" documents, a short clip, a image... anything. I think that's why every year we all resort to scouring for info. Because they trickle so little info we have to get creative. Fine '08 and '09 we got a lot of information early... I guess I can understand not letting us see all the house names... maybe. All it did was feed my imagination really. I LOVED thinking how each would connect and what each house would be like... I know our creative brainstorming is noted and used often so it does benifit the creators. Like you said, it doesn't hurt attendance in the least. If anything it helps. '08 is consider a HUGE ssuccess and was also the most leaked event. Because us rabid fans hype it up to the normals and they get excited as well. 98% of the HHN attendees will never check these forums and don't even care all that much. We will go anyway... so I just don't see the logic in the lock down at all... Unless it is just corporate big wigs who just don't understand the dynamics of fan speculation and viral marketing... Or trying to limit competition from copying them. The former happens all the time... the latter.. Really there is no real competition...

I'm sure they would love to give the information... they all said as much at MadCow. I would. I do the same with my art. My series for VUDUCON I am keeping secret until then... But I have been giving snipits. Because I'm excited about it... So I want to share. I'm sure it's the same with all creative types. You are proud of you baby and want to show it off naturally... It would have to be some rule or policy.

Ah well, I guess we just have to be more creative (legally of course) and figure out new ways to find out... and then that will get shut down and the cycle will continue.

Edited by JWFearman

I can see the copy paranoia but HOS by now has set this year and so they could only use any info gleaned by earliest next year and really that happens anyhow they both feed off each other to a degree the day of the dead thing as you pointed out jw was used by both

And now with roddy back at HOS I'd say the idea pool is pretty intermingled

Edited by Carnagefan

I completely agree. I think a lock down has the opposite effect. If you don't give us ANYTHING at all.. we get frantic... then angry... then just lose interest all together. at least I do.

With anything. If you want interest it is only normal to give a teaser. Be it viral "leaked" documents, a short clip, a image... anything. I think that's why every year we all resort to scouring for info. Because they trickle so little info we have to get creative. Fine '08 and '09 we got a lot of information early... I guess I can understand not letting us see all the house names... maybe. All it did was feed my imagination really. I LOVED thinking how each would connect and what each house would be like... I know our creative brainstorming is noted and used often so it does benifit the creators. Like you said, it doesn't hurt attendance in the least. If anything it helps. '08 is consider a HUGE ssuccess and was also the most leaked event. Because us rabid fans hype it up to the normals and they get excited as well. 98% of the HHN attendees will never check these forums and don't even care all that much. We will go anyway... so I just don't see the logic in the lock down at all... Unless it is just corporate big wigs who just don't understand the dynamics of fan speculation and viral marketing... Or trying to limit competition from copying them. The former happens all the time... the latter.. Really there is no real competition...

I'm sure they would love to give the information... they all said as much at MadCow. I would. I do the same with my art. My series for VUDUCON I am keeping secret until then... But I have been giving snipits. Because I'm excited about it... So I want to share. I'm sure it's the same with all creative types. You are proud of you baby and want to show it off naturally... It would have to be some rule or policy.

Ah well, I guess we just have to be more creative (legally of course) and figure out new ways to find out... and then that will get shut down and the cycle will continue.

Couldn't agree with you more. Each little tidbit we get just makes us that more excited to attend. Remember, Half the fun of your trip is getting there... ;)

Amen!

Don't worry about the lack of information. Assuming the only source I trust is correct (and he almost always has been in the past; some of you definitely know him), over the next 3 weeks, very likely this week or next, we'll be getting new information.

Oh lawlz. I remember when that post was made, the proprietor of the post said that he heard it from someone who worked at the Dippin Dots in Universal Studios told him and that it was going to be a homecoming dance sort of event.

Edited by Jakemeister

Oh lawlz. I remember when that post was made, the proprietor of the post said that he heard it from someone who worked at the Dippin Dots in Universal Studios told him and that it was going to be a homecoming dance sort of event.

I wonder sometimes what ever happened to DamnSkippy.

You know I love Myths. Ancient, modern, urban, or viral I am fascinated by them.

I've been watching a particular online viral/ceepy pasta called "Slender Man" lately. While it is complely made up... it's still freaky as all get out to me. Something about faceless people I guess.

It would be cool for him to make an appearance. Not to mention he reminds me of the Body Collectors.

The_Slender_Man_by_Pirate_Cashoo.jpg?1262500785

Edited by JWFearman

You know I love Myths. Ancient, modern, urban, or viral I am fascinated by them.

I've been watching a particular online viral/ceepy pasta called "Slender Man" lately. While it is complely made up... it's still freaky as all get out to me. Something about faceless people I guess.

It would be cool for him to make an appearance. Not to mention he reminds me of the Body Collectors.

I never thought Slenderman was scary until I started watching Marble Hornets.

I think it would be very interesting if Slenderman is involved. It would definitely make for a very creepy house; I can only imagine what it would be like to be walking through a woods, turning a corner, and seeing a twenty foot faceless man reaching at you. I think it would be even scarier though if in every house there was a very small reference to him, like him standing outside of a window in one of the houses, or something.

I actually discussed a Slendy house once. The problem is that Slenderman doesn't really fit the mold of HHN scares: they're almost all based around the sudden appearance of a figure or monster, often with a loud noise to accompany it. Slenderman only appears so suddenly a few times, never doing anything more than standing still. He fits very well for a real life creepy, but he just doesn't have the technique to scare anyone who's not a Slenderman fan.