Hades: The Gates of Ruin

Mark M.

Does anyone know why this house closed down for a while last night? We were hoping to go through a second time before leaving but they wouldn't let people line up for it and said it was closed at the time (I think it was about 10:30 or so)

Does anyone know why this house closed down for a while last night? We were hoping to go through a second time before leaving but they wouldn't let people line up for it and said it was closed at the time (I think it was about 10:30 or so)

Technical difficulties.

This house would be a LOT better if they took down most of the hanging shit. It always either whacks me in the face or, especially the horse hair, tries to go in my mouth and I end up having to spit the house out.

I have to agree with this. The rating goes down for Hades due to the fact that the 2nd half of the house your to busy trying to get through all the hanging crap and could care less about anything else. They need to tone that down a bit and it will be more enjoyable. It's an awesome house otherwise.

Havoc is the same way.

My favorite house by far. The sets were fantastic (especially loved the facade and its music) and the costumes were amazing. Also got lots of good scares.

On a side note, I noticed for whatever reason that the conga line magically disappeared from behind us a little ways into the house and never returned. Good for us because we were able to hang back and get a "private" walkthrough. Could have had something to do with the previously mentioned closure of the house...

I have to agree with this. The rating goes down for Hades due to the fact that the 2nd half of the house your to busy trying to get through all the hanging crap and could care less about anything else. They need to tone that down a bit and it will be more enjoyable. It's an awesome house otherwise.

Havoc is the same way.

Havoc isn't as bad until you get to the last room. If you're following right behind someone, the hoses and wires swing back and whack you in the eye.

So, Hades.

I was lucky enough to be in the house with my friends as SOON as you opened up from the technical difficulties you had. It was great to be the only ones in there. Great group scares in the entrance.

Really almost my number one house. Catacombs is up there right now, but wow. You guys are giving them a run for their money. I really have to point out two specific roles in this house. One of them is Medusa. Consistently scared the crap out of me. Especially you Victoria. Many, many, thanks. Hahaha. You got me good on so many occasions, it was ridiculous. As for the other role, it's this yellow Raptor/Lizard hybrid thing that pops out of a boohole in the house.

You are amazing.

You literally made me drop my glasses on the floor from how high I jumped. Sorry I cursed at you, a lot. Out of the four times I went, you got me three, and they were massive ones. Haven't gotten a good scare like that in years.

Many thanks, Hades crew!

This house would be a LOT better if they took down most of the hanging shit. It always either whacks me in the face or, especially the horse hair, tries to go in my mouth and I end up having to spit the house out.

I just thought about this and I don't know why after 5 years of attending I didn't figure it out. Isn't it completely insanitary? All of that hanging stuff moving over everyone's faces, people sneezing, dirty hands moving it out of the way and it goes in your mouth and all over you?

Gross...I don't think I'm ever not going to move that stuff out of my way ever again.

It's hell when you have to adjust your glasses at the exact same time as the person in front of you pushes an object out of their way and whacks you in the face. We don't even bother pushing the hanging heads out of the way: we just duck under them.

I just thought about this and I don't know why after 5 years of attending I didn't figure it out. Isn't it completely insanitary? All of that hanging stuff moving over everyone's faces, people sneezing, dirty hands moving it out of the way and it goes in your mouth and all over you?

Gross...I don't think I'm ever not going to move that stuff out of my way ever again.

Yup! This is exactly why you should always pushed it out of the way, or duck under it. It's rather disgusting not to. Plus, people are SWEATY. It's hot outside.

Agree on the hanging stuff... I actually got caught up in it at one point. However, in the hydra den, the rubber coated burlap is meant to be the shedded skin of the Hydra so that is interesting... but really should reduce the amount of stuff.

Since I will inevitably be spending some time in Hell at life's end, it's good to know what it'll smell like... ;) (Note to self, bring air freshner...)

Good house, but count me in on being preocuppied as to not get strangled by all the random hanging items in the second half of the house. I think I missed out on some great scares because I was afraid I'd be choked by the never ending barrage of crap hanging from the ceiling.

LOVED the costumes! We'll definitely hit it again at a later date.

Easily my favorite soundstage house! The first time I went though, there was this epic techno/rock music playing by the facade. It was AMAZING. The next three times I walked through, something else was playing.

This is the music I am talking about, if anyone can identify it that would be great! Sorry it's so short.

At one time I had the chance to go through this house with a big gap in front of me and I saw a lot of great scares. Right after walking through the facade, something got me to my right. Not sure what it was, but they shoved a hook or something right in my face timed exactly to an e-prompt and it not only made me jump, I was really impressed with how well it was timed.

I didn't mind all of the hanging stuff that people complained about, but there was a bit much. The second half of this house seems to be a lot better than the first, also. There was even a cool labyrinth at the end, which was pointless because the majority of the time they have a conga line or a stupid annoying op waving their flashlight at you. GTFO and stop ruining it for the people who are lucky enough to get to walk through without a conga line.

I did this house four times and every time it was fantastic.

I need to find out who is the raptor near the end of the house that pops out of a drop down boo door on the left. They got one of my friends every single time through the house.

Easily my favorite soundstage house! The first time I went though, there was this epic techno/rock music playing by the facade. It was AMAZING. The next three times I walked through, something else was playing.

This is the music I am talking about, if anyone can identify it that would be great! Sorry it's so short.

At one time I had the chance to go through this house with a big gap in front of me and I saw a lot of great scares. Right after walking through the facade, something got me to my right. Not sure what it was, but they shoved a hook or something right in my face timed exactly to an e-prompt and it not only made me jump, I was really impressed with how well it was timed.

I didn't mind all of the hanging stuff that people complained about, but there was a bit much. The second half of this house seems to be a lot better than the first, also. There was even a cool labyrinth at the end, which was pointless because the majority of the time they have a conga line or a stupid annoying op waving their flashlight at you. GTFO and stop ruining it for the people who are lucky enough to get to walk through without a conga line.

I did this house four times and every time it was fantastic.

I need to find out who is the raptor near the end of the house that pops out of a drop down boo door on the left. They got one of my friends every single time through the house.

Yeah I like the music a lot too, and the music in the Queue line, is like a rock song, I would love to find out,