Havoc: Dogs of War

Mark M.

Don't worry: if I see that happen myself, that dude is going through a wall. I don't care what it's made out of. Maybe it was karma for piggyback riding Rob to the next boohole?

Either way, I had some drunk asshole start wildly swinging into a boohole in LT on Friday. It was the only time I ever lost my cool in public and I went nuts screaming at him, then told both an ops chick in the next room (she had no clue what the fuck to do about it) and the cop at the exit. I swear they could hear my threats over in Hades; they definitely heard me in most of the house.

P.S. Syn, are you the chick in the strobey hallway right after Chelsea, the one with the machine gunner at the end? Because on Friday I remember seeing a woman come out of the hole and I yelled something along the lines of "Bald lady!"

Yup, that was me ;) Two of the videos on HHN.com actually got good mid-snarl shots.

And, I don't blame you at all. They 'say' not to do anything in retaliation and go thru the proper steps to have the guest removed, but when I heard Chelsea got slugged I lost my cool for a few. She disappeared mid-set looking pissed and no one knew what happened until we got back to the green room. If it happens to me, security might need to bring another zip-tie. Bet. I shaved my head for this, so anyone looking for a fight may just get one. Haha.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys have been getting hit? Shit, everytime I go through this house I'm afraid of one of you taking my head and slamming it into the wall repeatedly out of pure rage. Everyone in this house rocks and I certainly hope you can keep that raw energy throughout the rest of the event. Ironically, this is the only house where someone hasn't growled "RAIZE" or "NIGHTMARES" at me and slammed me into something. But what can I say, I love the abuse.

Definitely have to give props for the fact that this cast is so dedicated to hhn!

I really liked the beginning, walking through, looking at all the panels on the wall. The atmosphere was really good.

The only thing I didnt like were the pipes and wires that kept smacking me in the face haha. Other than that, definitely a good one.

Well I did see you at IHOP that night, but I didn't think it was an appropriate time to do that, smoosh your face in your pancakes, but maybe next time.

You guys have been getting hit? Shit, everytime I go through this house I'm afraid of one of you taking my head and slamming it into the wall repeatedly out of pure rage. Everyone in this house rocks and I certainly hope you can keep that raw energy throughout the rest of the event. Ironically, this is the only house where someone hasn't growled "RAIZE" or "NIGHTMARES" at me and slammed me into something. But what can I say, I love the abuse.

Good to know. Next time I see you (which could be problematic because I can't see much until the strobes kick on), I'll grab your head and give you a good noogie out of rage. Rahhhhhh noogie! ;)

And I have so much energy during HHN so far that it's uncanny. My first year, awesome role, good placement, and a kickass cast that is ready for war. Bring on the drunks and shrieking women. I'm ready. :zombie2:

Edited by Syn

Stick some watermelons down a dude's shirt?

It would work if Chelsea was out.

Good idea lol. I remember when they asked us who would do that in casting (bic their heads)... most of the girls were dead silent.

Man, now I wanna make this house the first thing on my list next time I get to go! I know that it's going to be good... but is it even better after dark?

Edited by Julz8910

*curtsy* I was actually linked to this post after putting it up in a 'Favorite Scare' thread on our house's Facebook page! I'm so glad I could make HAVOC an experience you won't soon forget, and give your boyfriend my regards. After I saw you jump on him when I popped out, I think I owe him a beer and a piggy-back ride. Haha ;)

Ahh! You're amazing! I saw you coming, I really did.. still scared the shit out of me. Thanks for the scare, and hopefully I will be seeing you again, only, with two feet on the floor.

Casey

This house gave me the best scare I have ever had. I wish I could remember where it was so I could thank them.

All I know is that it was someone on my left, and I'm pretty sure they were behind a drop down boo door.

I had a huge smile on my face and couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the way through that house.

It really made my night, whoever you were. I was starting to get worried that haunted houses in a theme park event can't scare me.

Good idea lol. I remember when they asked us who would do that in casting (bic their heads)... most of the girls were dead silent.

Man, now I wanna make this house the first thing on my list next time I get to go! I know that it's going to be good... but is it even better after dark?

It's definitely best after dark. Most of the house doesn't have much lighting difference, but one room in particular (after the strobey hallway with the machine gunner) is extremely dark and has a thick layer of the black rubber flaps in the doorway. If you go in the day and your eyes haven't adjusted (and you don't see someone going through), it looks a lot like part of the wall. Brandon, Chris, and I were all alone in that room Saturday afternoon and Chris tried to leave through an empty boohole and Brandon hit some barrels. Brandon eventually found the doorway, one of the very few times an ops guy would have been useful.

Why do they only run their flashlights down long hallways? We know which way to go there.

I love this house but I still think the actors could have better make up, well the actors in the beginning of the house looked Amazing because they had some sort of gas mask

they did scare me a couple of times, specially the first actor, he is amazing, so that's what i mean, the gas masks really add to the experience, or if they cant at least some better face make up...

I went through this house in daylight, and thought it was great. The cast is SO energetic! Unfortunately, I did not get back a 2nd time, but I promise I'll hit it up at least twice on my next visit.

Am I the only one that doesn't mind going through houses when I can actually see all the details?

My pick for HOTY.

The concept is kind of weird and not really scary but these scareactors man...WOW. This is the best "acted" house I have EVER been in.

Wow!!! Thank you so much! We've actually heard HOTY thrown our way by several guests already and it really is humbling to know that people seriously appreciate the dedication and INSANE amount of energy we put into every set until the last minute ;) This cast has become like a family and we have so much fun scaring the crap out of as many patrons as possible to get your money's worth. Keep the reviews coming! Good and bad alike; I fill everyone in on feedback I happen to catch online and they love hearing it just as much as I do. It gets us pumped! Thanks again, everyone.

Good to know. Next time I see you (which could be problematic because I can't see much until the strobes kick on), I'll grab your head and give you a good noogie out of rage. Rahhhhhh noogie! ;)

And I have so much energy during HHN so far that it's uncanny. My first year, awesome role, good placement, and a kickass cast that is ready for war. Bring on the drunks and shrieking women. I'm ready. :zombie2:

Erm, is a screaming woman a bad thing? I do scream, and laugh, a lot, mostly when someone jumps out at me. But I have a deep love for all things HHN, and I certainly don't want to be inappropriate or unduly annoy my fellow guests or my (love to you all!) scareactors. I don't scream just to be heard, or scream on and on and on, but I also don't want to breach HHN etiquette.

Oh, and I may be older, and sometimes walk with a limp, but it really is okay to abuse me, slam me into a boohole, etc, ad infinitum (if you're a scareactor, that is, not if you're a guest). But don't let me catch anyone messing with ANY of the scareactors, I'll just whack 'em with my walker!! :P

This was my favorite for the scares. I even had a few good laughs before during and directly after. Walking through the queue the machine gun sound went off and someone began jumping to the floor thinking they were getting shot at. A girl in there party tried running backwards at the chainsaw part. The first walk through the person at the very begining with the airgun got me. The big guy in the cage punching the glass was pretty cool but I didn't notice the person across from him until the second time I was focusing on the guy in the glass then the person across hit the glass and made me turn around. I liked the room with the red plastic hanging down with all the scareactors croutched and poping up. My first time around I didn't see the chainsaw guy at all I almost walked into the boo hole. The person in the pipe got me the second time didn't notice anyone in it the first time. The room with all the pipes hanging down and the fence I got hit and lost my hat in a boo hole so I had to go search for it. Walked up and just bent over right in front of the actor.

This was my favorite for the scares. I even had a few good laughs before during and directly after. Walking through the queue the machine gun sound went off and someone began jumping to the floor thinking they were getting shot at. A girl in there party tried running backwards at the chainsaw part. The first walk through the person at the very begining with the airgun got me. The big guy in the cage punching the glass was pretty cool but I didn't notice the person across from him until the second time I was focusing on the guy in the glass then the person across hit the glass and made me turn around. I liked the room with the red plastic hanging down with all the scareactors croutched and poping up. My first time around I didn't see the chainsaw guy at all I almost walked into the boo hole. The person in the pipe got me the second time didn't notice anyone in it the first time. The room with all the pipes hanging down and the fence I got hit and lost my hat in a boo hole so I had to go search for it. Walked up and just bent over right in front of the actor.

Yeah the room with the red plastic is my me and my partners area. Love that spot glad you enjoyed it. I've put a lot of thought into making the spot as scareficient as possible. :D HAVOC!!! HOO RAA!!!

and yes I did just make up the word: Scareficient =P

definitely one of my top houses. not the best aesthetically, but the scares are there in full force. whoever was in around 630-7 on oct 3 did a fantastic job. one of the ladies scared me so darn good.

Yeah the room with the red plastic is my me and my partners area. Love that spot glad you enjoyed it. I've put a lot of thought into making the spot as scareficient as possible. :D HAVOC!!! HOO RAA!!!

and yes I did just make up the word: Scareficient =P

That room was onee of the few rooms I can actually remember with a good bit of detail. And nicely done with the word.

Last weekend I went through this house once and it didnt really stand out to me. The concept itself really didnt catch my attention. I went to the event last night and gave this house another go, and I must say its definetly one of my top 3 favorite houses now. Scares were coming left and right non stop and the scareactors were really into their roles and really intense and in your face. I loved it, did it twice and was not dissapointed at all. Im guessing last weekend I just didnt get alot of the scares and the scareactors were still getting used to their spots. My first time going through last night was at about 730. Whichever cast is in the house at that time, you guys were AMAZING. Big soldier with the football pads gave me my biggest scare of the night! Great job juys!

I'm going to just go ahead and vote for Havoc as the scariest house of the year. As I'm sure many people before me have already said, the actors in there DO NOT fuck around. They've got to be one of the most intense bunches of scareactors I've even seen, and God bless them for that. I can't say the chainsaw guy was really a surprise, since I could hear him from the outside of the house, but I guess that didn't stop him from getting just about everyone else.

Agressive.

Intense.

Amazing.

Second favorite house.

Love how fast paced it is.

The actors did an amazing job.

Got a lot of great scares the first time through, not so much the second time. The guest ahead of me just randomly stops abount every ten feet and a group of tennage girls that where ahead of us got ALL the scares.

Love the house though.

Edited by The Director of Horror

not really enough time to do my full review right now, but just wanted to say House of the Year...one of the best of all time in my book...keep up the amazing work!

Hell yeah I love to hear reviews like this, really glad everyone is enjoying havoc but don't worry the madness WILL continue. Full force all run ;)