• Catacombs: Black Death Rising
    • Hades: The Gates of Ruin
    • Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past
    • Havoc: Dogs of War
    • ZombieGeddon
    • Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate
    • PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook
    • The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes

I think this is the third year I have participated in ranking my anticipated houses and I honestly think this may be the hardest one for me. I really like the basic concepts of most of the houses quite a bit.

Anyway...

1. Hades - I think the source material for this could really make a great house if done right.

2. Psychoscareapy - I've loved the past two versions of this house, I have high hopes for this one.

3. Horror Nights- I've only been going for the past four HHNs so I'm hoping to see some concepts past in this one that I did not get a chance to experience. I've also always enjoyed the "mixed" houses so I think I'll like this one a lot.

4. Legendary Truth - I like ghosts/ghost stories...interested to see how it's pulled off

5. ZombieGeddon - I am hoping this is funny. I like the "dark humor" houses.

6. The Orfanage - I don't have the level of interest in Cindy that many of the people here seem to but I'm glad to see she's finally getting her time to shine.

7. Catacombs - I'm curious to see what hundreds of years in the catacombs will do to a person ;)

8. Havoc - Not sure about a super soldier concept for scares so it's at the bottom

Edited by Sylvanas

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook

2. Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate

3. Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past

4. Havoc: Dogs of War

5. The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes

6. Hades: The Gates of Ruin

7. ZombieGeddon

8. Catacombs: Black Death Rising

8. Catacombs: Black Death Rising - Doesn't sound like a good venue for the concept.

*MOVED A HOUSE*

Could go either way, the spawning sewer was weak but the underground feeling of the Hallow was totally Rad. Personally I'm pretty psyched about the whole event...

1. Catacombs: Black Death Rising - This is my most anticipated by default, predominately because it's the house I'm in. I anticipate it will be the closest to the Dueling Dragons Queue haunted house people have fantasized about for years, since I'm sure they just took all the skulls off the walls during the Potter-transformation.

2. Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate - I rarely hear people mention Ghost Town from 2004, which was a superbly creepy "Ghost" house with really cool black-light make-up with traditional haunted house lighting. It's been one of my favorites of all time. I also remember some neat effects in 2003 with Ship of Screams. The ghost houses can be amazing when done correctly, and this feels like a combination of Screamhouse with Ghost Town.

3. Hallow'd Past - Should be a great, and fun, house. I love how the the promotional shot is reminiscent of the traditional "Behind the Screams" images from the websites, with the brick walls and rows of shelves. I'm hoping the transitions aren't too jarring though. I hope it flows like Silver Screams did.

4. Havoc: Dogs of War - I don't to be anticipating this, but I find myself doing so anyway. I never experienced The Thing: Assimilation, and I'm a bit surprised I wasn't cast in the military house (but I'm not complaining), so this will be something different for me.

5. The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes - It has the potential to feel like Screamhouse. I'm glad Cindy finally is realized without the rest of her family. It helps establish her as an independent character. However, I'm wary of any queue-line houses because of limited space.

6. Hades: Gates of Ruin - Wow, I'm a bit surprised how low this one is. It has the potential to be incredible, but I'm anticipating that the spectacle of the house will over-power the actual scares in the house. If they pace it like Wolfman (with deliberate scenes where you could watch the action) it should be really good. I want it to be tense, but I'm guessing it will be kinda ho-hum.

7. Zombiegeddon: The house without a sub-title - The only thing that I would like to see is that the mentioned ZAP, Zombie Awareness Program, is actually a group like PETA working for Zombie Rights. The write-up feels like this house is similar to a hunting range that utilizes live-game, the type of thing that PETA is all up in arms about. If ZAP in integral to the story, then I'll be super interested.

8. PsychoScarepy: Echos of Shadybrook - I've never been a fan of PsychoScarepy. I wasn't in 2003, believed Jack was shoe-horned in 2006, and feel that Home for the Holidays didn't need to be associated with Shadybrook. I read someone make the statement that it would be like a regular PsychoScarepy with everyone painted white, and that's all I bet this will be.

Edited by Legacy

Could go either way, the spawning sewer was weak but the underground feeling of the Hallow was totally Rad. Personally I'm pretty psyched about the whole event...

Toshay. The Hallow pulled off a sound stage quality haunt in a tent. I stand corrected.

This whole post is sort of off-topic, feel free to skip on by if you'd like.

I have to agree with Mike on his opinion that the venue does indeed play a role in the effectiveness a house. As far as the Sprung Tents go, their reputation is so-so. In my opinion...

Above-average: Pycho (Tent 1), The Thing (Tent 1), Dead Exposure (Tent 2), The Hallow (Tent 1)

Average: Jack's Funhouse (Tent 2), Chucky (Tent 1)

Below-average: People Under the Stairs (Tent 2), The Spawning (Tent 2)

I think Universal has learned from each year and has focused on downplaying the limitations of the Tents. However, Sprung Tent #2 needs to step it up! :)

Edited by BruinsFan

1. Orphanage-Cindy is finally here and little kids freak me out

2. Psychoscareapy-Even if its the fourth installment, can't go wrong

3. Hades-A visit to hell, really looking forward to this one

4. Horror Nights-An event house, bout time

5. Legendary Truth-Haunted House full of ghosts seems play out, but its a toss up, all depends on those involved

6. Havoc-Seems very fast paced, full of military and warfare; right up my alley

7. Catacombs-Dead bodies, skeletons and more dead bodies doesn't really sound that scary to me

8. Zombiegeddon- Zombies in comedic setting? I like shaun of the dead, but this sounds more like day of the dead. Too harsh?

As always though, all of them sound terrific and I am so freaking excited about them all. The actors of course are gonna make or break the houses, but I have faith. :D

1)Hades-love the story of the underworld and meeting all the creatures

2)Havoc-i like the idea of subjects for war

3)Orfanage-glad a scratched icon finally gets a house.

4)Horror Nights-dont know why, but love the history houses.

5)LT-dont know how it will work as a house, but should be interesting.

6)PS-another one? better be good is all.

7)Catacombs-sounds too much like terror mines from 05. we will see how it goes.

8)Zombiegeddon-more zombies, enough said. haha

Haha my list is the backwards version of alot of everyone else's list.

1.Havoc

2.Psychoscarepy

3.Zombiegeddon

4.Catacombs

5.Orfanage

6.Horror Nights'

7.Hades

8.Legendary Truth

Edited by Kript

1. The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes (Cindy's big moment... let's hope it doesn't disappoint)

2. Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past

3. LegendaryTruth: The Wyandot Estate (has the potential to be really creepy)

4. Hades: The Gates of Ruin

5. Havoc: Dogs of War

6. ZombieGeddon (they sure use zombies a lot... I hope this one is funny)

7. PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook

1. Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate

3. Hades: The Gates of Ruin

4. The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes

5. PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook

6. Catacombs: Black Death Rising

7. ZombieGeddon

8. Havoc: Dogs of War

I just want to say that this was the hardest list I've ever done. Every house this year sounds great.

4. The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes

5. PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook

6. Catacombs: Black Death Rising

7. ZombieGeddon

8. Havoc: Dogs of War

I just want to say that this was the hardest list I've ever done. Every house this year sounds great.

Agreed.. The Lineup looks amazing.

(Updated list after the interview)

1.Hades: The Gates of Ruin

2.Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate - I am excited to see these 'all new special effects.'.. I pray for viable hollograms (like Bloody Mary in 'Scary Tales III'

3.Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past - Excited to see past icons.. I am hoping that Eddie & The Director make an appearance (is it safe to say that is likely? Confirmed?)

4.Havoc: Dogs of War - As I said before.. I see this being a tweaked version of 'The Thing'.. Only difference is instead of the military assisting you to escape the horrifying creatures; they ARE the horrifying creatures; Aside from a few that aren't infected trying to fight off the infected. (I hope the antimatronics return for the 'FULL DOWs' & some 'Half DOWs'.)

5.ZombieGeddon - I have some of the best fun of the night in the humor houses.. (LITC, C!, PS:H4TH, Clown-O-Vision).. Its a relaxing break from the chaos of the true horror.... Granted I prefer the true horror.

6.PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook - I'm excited for this simply because I finally get to go in Shadybrook... I've only ever walked the streets of 'Shadybrook Estates' from 07'.. & I think that the ghosts of violent, vengeful, psychopaths could be very frightening.

7.The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes - Just don't know what to think yet.. Children aren't very scary.

8.Catacombs: Black Death Rising - I really have NO IDEA what to expect here.. Thats why it is at the bottom.

hmmmmm

1) Hallow'd Past- its gonna be nice seeing everyone from 1991 till 2009 jumping at u again. i sense some sweet Nostalgia ;)

2)Hades:Gates of Ruin- The Name itself is Epic. so just imagine the House :D

3.)Zombiegeddon- Gotta Love them Zombies. (btw wat if this isnt the Humor house everyone is expecting? cuz the people at HHN said that there will be humor house, but its not the one you think.)

4.) Psychoscarepy- Cant Wait to see them Inmates running around again :)

5.)Orphanage- CINDY. thats all i have to say ;)

6.) Catacombs- hmmm Mummy version of dead exposure?

7.) Legendary Truth- Ehh this is a "PAY ATTENTION TO EVERYTHING" kind of house...most likely ppl wont understand it :/

8.) HAVOC- uhhhhhhh?

1. Legendary Truth - it reminds me of an awesome house I went to in LA 4 years ago, where it was a tour of a haunted house where the ghosts were all confined; until one of the ghosts walked thru the wall then it was a crazy race to escape them

2. Catacombs - the real place looks scary, plus this is my house.

3. Hades - LOVE Greek mythology

4. Horror Nights' - I have attended/worked the event out here since '07 so it will be awesome to see some of the older stuff I have missed (have not gotten to see anything with the story teller, Terra Queen....)

5. Orfanage - Love the fact that Cindy is getting her time to shine...plus kids are just creepy

6. Psychoscarepy - I was in the Asylum in Hollywood, so this holds a lil place in my heart, even tho my first experience was HFTH

7. Zombiegeddon - sounds like fun, but others sound scarier

8. Havoc - As others have said, it sounds like the Thing, and in '07 I skipped that house cause I didnt have time, so least anticipated

Having said all that. Every house (and scare zone) sounds awesome this year

1. Legendary Truth - Honestly, I don't know why this is my most anticipated house. There's just something that draws me to it. Maybe it's because I've always been fascinated with ghosts.

2. Hades - This was really close with my third. I've always liked greek mythology. Really the only thing that ever interested me in history class. And I'm curious to see how HHN will put it as a house. Plus its in a soundstage so its gotta be good right?

3. Horror Nights - I'm really looking forward to this trip down memory lane.

4. The Orfanage - Finally a Cindy House! and it's great that it's not in another Screamhouse sequel. I'm really looking forward to see how they use Cindy without having the Caretaker involved.

5. Psyschoscarepy - Again, another ghost house I'm looking forward too. The only Psychoscarepy I was able to experience was Home for the Holidays. And to be honest it was meh. But this looks like it won;t dissapoint.

6. Havoc - I like the concept but I've seen it so many times in other things. But I have high hopes.

7. Zombiegeddon - You can never go wrong with zombies but in general it's just your average zombie house from the looks of it.

8. Catacombs - When I first saw they were making a house based off the catacombs I was like "Really? You wanna make a house based off that?" I only heard about the catacombs once before in my whole life before I heard about this house. Really what can you do with underground maze filled with skeletons? We'll have to wait and see.

2. The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes

4. ZombieGeddon

5. Havoc: Dogs of War

6. PsychoScareapy: Echoes of Shadybrook

7. Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past

Does anybody have a guess at which house is going to be humor-based?