HHN XX Discussion

To me Fear is kind of shallow and just supposed to be a menacing character. There is no real good backstory like the ones behind the real icons. They all have a sort of charisma about them and that just doesn't come off with Fear. He is kind of one dimensional.

Edited by LuitaChris

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when I thought no one else (besides all of us) knew about HHN, a kid in my science class starts talking about it!

Here's about what he (and this other kid) said: "Oh yeah, I'm going to to that Halloween thing at Universal. "Fright Fest" "No that 6 Flags, uhhhh." "Oh! Fright Nights! Fright Nights at Universal Studios!" "Yeah, I heard it's suppose to be scary and stuff. The turn off the lights every few minutes people all dressed up pop out at you!" "Is it scary?"

Haha. It's just something about the GP that makes me chuckle. I really wanted to talk to him about it, but the teacher thinks I'm a really quiet kid, so it would be a bit strange if I all of a sudden go nukin futs talking to him about it. But afterwards, I asked him when he was going and he said he was going from Wednesday to Monday during the week of October 17th. He said he could take on person (which I would love to go with him, even though I barely know him), but it just so happens he's going the week of my big Halloween Party.

Edited by The Director of Horror

Can someone explain to me what going on with the VIP lounge? Opening weekend they kep asking me to come in and check it out for only $10, but i didnt have enough time. So thursday night i run over to the lounge because i have nothing to do and wanted to see what it is like. I go up to buy my ticket and the guy then tells me i have to be 21? i said "i was here opening weekend and they wanted me to come in" (PS- i dont even look close to 21) so he ask the guy behind him and he says yes you have to be 21. I orginally thought you had to be 21 since it is a "lounge" . But there is nothing on the website or the event guide that says so? anyone know?

Edited by scaryguy5

is bloody mary part of halloween horror nights this year?

A Dr. Agana mannequin is in the VIP Lounge and one of the psychiatrist ghosts in the final room of Psychoscarepy has her hairstyle and lab coat, as a kind of shout-out to her. The Rumors crowd confirmed this last night in the standard Universal method. "We cannot confirm or deny this rumor."

The song I was looking for & found is a song by NIN off one of the Ghost albums. It's track 8 on the first album.

Oh ok I think I heard that but I hear the other one a lot more. Guess it all depends on when you walk through :P

So this was the one you were looking for:

Edited by JWFearman

well, I dont want to sound mean or anything, this is Just my opinion about it, but yeah Fear is the least interesting character of all of the Icons, I just dont really care about him like I do about jack or the Usher, to me he feels more like a HHN regular character than a real Icon, and, like I said before, I even find Fear's minions a lot more interesting and cool than Fear.

i agree!fear was a let down.i wish he did more.

i agree!fear was a let down.i wish he did more.

From the more recent videos I've seen, he's walking around now, and occasionally scaring people (reaching for them, lurching at them, etc.). I think he's a scary looking bastard so that's good enough for me. lol. I am a bit nervous about meeting him on Thursday.

I'm flying out at noon tomorrow... spending two days at Disney, then the rest of the week at Universal and HHN. I'll be the short girl with long brown hair, wearing an HNN shirt with my name on the right sleeve. If anyone should spot me, feel free to come up and say hi. I'm shy but friendly. :)

So, I've gone to every event since 2006, and of those five events, this year is probably my favorite. Aside from Fear being generally undeveloped, everything was pretty well-done all around. It seems like every year I've been before there were a few houses that just weren't very good. This year though, even the weaker houses were pretty solid.

see he doesnt really do much!

What exactly should he do? What do ANY of the Icons do in there but walk around and try to catch you off guard... and take pictutres as it is a photo-op. i would like to see himin a house but... even there he would probably be standing above everything waving his arms I'd imagine.

@vince... lol maybe he could have frickin lasers coming from his fingers!!!

Alright, Now I know this question is a little bit stupid,'but.... From what I remember of HHN, the scarezones used to have much more lighting.... The photos of this year seem Much darker. Is this true? Because if so, I think that's awesome.

Alright, Now I know this question is a little bit stupid,'but.... From what I remember of HHN, the scarezones used to have much more lighting.... The photos of this year seem Much darker. Is this true? Because if so, I think that's awesome.

I think it depends on the scarezone but I really can't think of a sz that was really bright.

Thinking about how Fear could have been better. They could have had a show of sorts. Maybe a sacrifice while he stands off looking menacing.. perhaps a show where the other icons were sacrificed and there is fire and then Fear appears from the fire... and then he gives his diatribe as he is soliloquizing. In the intrim just have the regular icons and his minons about.

Edited by JWFearman

I heard from a secret source that they're going to install a jetpack onto him for this coming weekend...he'll be flying around the park scaring people everywhere.

:lol: if that actually happened it would the most funniest cheesiest thing ever, Imagine "Jingle all the way" But with Fear :lol:

What the hell happened tonight!? The park was DEAD but every line was at 45 minutes for the majority of the night! I seriously pray to god that they don't pulse their lines every night that they have a low projection otherwise my friends that I told to come on a Thursday or Sunday are going to be pissed. I seriously only did 2 houses tonight because of that crap. I'm not waiting in a 30-45 minute line when the park barely has 20k in it, if that.

I was wondering how the lines were last night... are you seriously saying that they pulsed the houses last night?!?! I haven't seen that since the pre-2000 era! Personally, I LOVE pulsed lines... makes the house experience much better. But it does suck that it turns what could be a 10 minute wait into 40....

Can someone explain to me what going on with the VIP lounge? Opening weekend they kep asking me to come in and check it out for only $10, but i didnt have enough time. So thursday night i run over to the lounge because i have nothing to do and wanted to see what it is like. I go up to buy my ticket and the guy then tells me i have to be 21? i said "i was here opening weekend and they wanted me to come in" (PS- i dont even look close to 21) so he ask the guy behind him and he says yes you have to be 21. I orginally thought you had to be 21 since it is a "lounge" . But there is nothing on the website or the event guide that says so? anyone know?

Ya, I had the same thing happen to me last Thursday! The whole reason I went (well, most of the reason) was to visit the VIP lounge and see the Extreme Houses exhibit. I asked him who was speaking at 10, and he was like, "Oh a guest speaker" and then went into this whole explanation about what was inside. Then when I went to buy the ticket he was like, uh, you have to be 21. It really sucked. I assume it's because there's cocktail waitresses in there, but don't you have to have a wristband to buy alcohol in the park?? I just thought it was really lame, because I'm sure there's others out there, close to 21, who love HHN, and really want to experience at least one of the VIP lounge nights. And everything I've seen advertised for it says NOTHING about a minimum age limit.