HHN XX Discussion

The Asylum in Wonderland Was Pretty bright. Come to think of it, so was Apocalypse from last year... Or at least from what I remember. Not that the scarezones are REALLY BRIGHT, but these zones seem much darker, like some seem pitch black.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How were wait times this past saturday? I heard a mix of both long and short

I was there Saturday. The longest wait I had was for the Orfanage at 45 minutes at about 10:20. Most waits that I saw were 15 to 30 minutes. And actually by the end of the night (after 1) everything was five minutes and that was only because they were pulsing groups into some houses (my brother and I did the Orfanage and Havoc totally alone).

What does Pulsing the lines mean?

But yeah the lines were kinda bad, I got there at 6 and LT said 45 minutes already,

Pulsing is letting in small groups, holding the line to let them get in the house a ways before letting in another small group.

Pulsing is letting in small groups, holding the line to let them get in the house a ways before letting in another small group.

Sat or Sun night they were doing this in LT and couldn't seem to decide how many or how far apart to let them in. We would have like nobody for 10 minutes and then get like 30 people at once or just a couple. I think they need to let a certain amount in and then wait 5 minutes to allow those in to get in before sending the next group (same amount as the last) in. This will accomplish the pulsing desired but won't leave huge gaps or won't make wait times unreasonable.

They were defiantly pulsing the lines last night. Otherwise they were having cast changes every 1min.

I think they started on Thursday with the pulsing in our house. I know that they also pulsed Hades & PS....don't know about any other house.

Yeah Saturday early they were pulsing LT, but it was like 20 people, a minute break, and then the next group. Hallow'd Past was sort of pulsed when I went, but it seemed random the size of the groups going in and the timing. And Zombiegeddon they were pulsing when I went after midnight, but they weren't giving too much room between the groups cause I was the first in our group and I think I walk a little slow, but we caught up to the other group about halfway through the house. I don't remember them pulsing us through the other soundstages though, I especially remember Hades being a full conga line and this was like at 7:00.

What exactly should he do? What do ANY of the Icons do in there but walk around and try to catch you off guard... and take pictutres as it is a photo-op. i would like to see himin a house but... even there he would probably be standing above everything waving his arms I'd imagine.

well i guess your right, what can he really do!im not saying he was all ame i guess i was expected more from him.

Edited by localHHNfan19

I really hope they aren't pulsing the lines this weekend. I know I'll be fine since I'm going Three nights, but honestly.. I really don't want to wait that long. It seems that they are trying to compete with the Alone house at Howl-O-Scream this year.

It always seems like they have the best intentions with pulsing the lines but, as the night gets busier, it kind of goes out the window. Or even if they do pulse it, I always end up catching up to the group ahead of us anyway. Pulsing does make for a better experience but, with the crowds they have to manage, I have just sort of accepted the conga lines as a necessary evil.

In other news, I'll finally be hitting HHN XX on Thursday!

I really hope they aren't pulsing the lines this weekend. I know I'll be fine since I'm going Three nights, but honestly.. I really don't want to wait that long. It seems that they are trying to compete with the Alone house at Howl-O-Scream this year.

No, Universal prefers pulsing because that is how the houses are intended to be done. Congo lines wear out the performers and cause logistical problems (such as clogged rooms which can endanger both guests and scaractors), and the only advantage is the line moves quicker. Houses like Legendary Truth are specifically designed to be timed correctly with good pulsing. I know I've complained about congo lines in surveys, and plenty of HHN regulars would like the time to admire the details of the house. Now they can because they won't be pushed by the people behind them. How they are sending people through the houses has nothing to do with Alone, and instead is probably in reaction to guests surveys and the desires of members of the HHN fan-community.

No, Universal prefers pulsing because that is how the houses are intended to be done. Congo lines wear out the performers and cause logistical problems (such as clogged rooms which can endanger both guests and scaractors), and the only advantage is the line moves quicker. Houses like Legendary Truth are specifically designed to be timed correctly with good pulsing. I know I've complained about congo lines in surveys, and plenty of HHN regulars would like the time to admire the details of the house. Now they can because they won't be pushed by the people behind them. How they are sending people through the houses has nothing to do with Alone, and instead is probably in reaction to guests surveys and the desires of members of the HHN fan-community.

No offence, but they've always done conga lines. It's what works for HHN. The crowds are just to large to manage. I highly doubt it will last the event.

No offence, but they've always done conga lines. It's what works for HHN. The crowds are just to large to manage. I highly doubt it will last the event.

Actually, back in the day, they used to pulse their houses through the majority if not the entire event. Pulsing is great because it makes the house experience better, but it KILLS wait times. When the event gets more crowded in the coming weeks, I'm sure they're going to go back to the conga lines, but when the event is slow I'm pretty sure they're going to pulse their lines. The GP doesn't know what pulsing is and they don't really pay attention to how crowded the park is. If the wait time is 45 minutes, they'll wait the 45 minutes assuming it's just really busy. And when they get in that house, they'll notice how much better it is when they can move a little more freely, which gives Universal better reviews.

I personally don't like it. I just like going through the houses as much as possible. But a lot of people prefer it, and it does make the houses better imo.

They stopped pulsing mid-way through 2002, and it's been congoed ever since. It was kinda of a big deal for the scaractors when the transitioned happened because we weren't use to the pace.

Actually, back in the day, they used to pulse their houses through the majority if not the entire event. Pulsing is great because it makes the house experience better, but it KILLS wait times. When the event gets more crowded in the coming weeks, I'm sure they're going to go back to the conga lines, but when the event is slow I'm pretty sure they're going to pulse their lines. The GP doesn't know what pulsing is and they don't really pay attention to how crowded the park is. If the wait time is 45 minutes, they'll wait the 45 minutes assuming it's just really busy. And when they get in that house, they'll notice how much better it is when they can move a little more freely, which gives Universal better reviews.

I personally don't like it. I just like going through the houses as much as possible. But a lot of people prefer it, and it does make the houses better imo.

I should have specified that it was done a while back. But the event has become so big, and the crowds are huge. I want to go in the houses as many times as possible since I only have three nights there. I like pulsing of the lines, just not at HHN.Standing in line for 45 minutes isn't fun when they could just let people walk in.

Now, I don't mind if it were for only LT, or something. LT needs to be timed right, which is understandable.

Edited by Goo

I have mixed feelings on the line pulsing. I'm going Thursday and while I do have an FFP+Express, I was hoping to hit as much as I could twice that night. I've only been going since '05 so unless we were doing a house really early like the AP preview or really late, I've only known the conga lines. I can't say I like them, but at least I've been able to go through the houses more than once a night that way.

I guess I'll just have to see what they end up doing on Thursday night and how it affects my house experience. I do know I'll be disappointed if I can only go through each house once though. I like shorter lines with express, but I like being able to do houses twice (or more) in a night on a slower night with it better.

I have mixed feelings on the line pulsing. I'm going Thursday and while I do have an FFP+Express, I was hoping to hit as much as I could twice that night. I've only been going since '05 so unless we were doing a house really early like the AP preview or really late, I've only known the conga lines. I can't say I like them, but at least I've been able to go through the houses more than once a night that way.

I guess I'll just have to see what they end up doing on Thursday night and how it affects my house experience. I do know I'll be disappointed if I can only go through each house once though. I like shorter lines with express, but I like being able to do houses twice (or more) in a night on a slower night with it better.

I got to the park at like, 8:30 on Sunday night, and still managed to see 6 houses, even with the pulsing. So with a 2 hour head start, you should definitely be able to see everything at least once.