HHN XX Discussion

That is just aweful and severely limits scareactors space and give a safe zone for guests. Bad news if they keep this up.

I have to agree with this. Just my opinion, but if you need a "safe zone", why are you there? Ok, that aside, if you really need to be safe, go into a bathroom or a place to eat, ect...

Again, this is just my opinion. Obviously, we all will not agree about this, that is what is great about these forums, we can agree to disagree!

Edited by akdar

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with this. Just my opinion, but if you need a "safe zone", why are you there? Ok, that aside, if you really need to be safe, go into a bathroom or a place to eat, ect...

Again, this is just my opinion. Obviously, we all will not agree about this, that is what is great about these forums, we can agree to disagree!

Just went to hit "Like" on this post and remembered I wasn't on FaceBook! LOL!, Good point about the bathroom and food stands and stuff. I hate the fact that there is a HUGE safe zone in the back of the park this year. They should have have more scarezones in my opinion. For the 20th year they should have expanded the zones and made no safe zones. I'm not a huge fan of the San Fran zone this year. Let alone that it is a Mardi Gras theme with zombies. Just not a great area and seems a bit weak. I would have prefered something in the old Midway section or over in Kidzone again.

I would have prefered something in the old Midway section or over in Kidzone again.

I think the reasons these areas are not being used are due to Operational issues. Crowd flow is a big reason there won't be a show like "The Arrival" or "Jack's Carnival of Carnage" across from Mel's as well.

I think we should have some scare zones bigger but i like the safe zones i mean being 12 it is really scary but it shouldn't be that much room like it should be more scare zones and then some safe zones it will make it easier and make us all happy. also maybe have one near every house like make a new one but in front of the jaws haunted house so at least we have some scares before. Last year when i was in that area it was boring and made my adults and kids i was with more tired so it made us bored or put one in front of Bill and Ted.... I heard they used to just have people roam around there or am i wrong? This is only my 2nd year so i don't really know much from past. But if it was true they should do it again like have Fear, Jack, Usher, Director, Caretaker, and Storyteller just roam around in that HUGE area!

also you come there to be scared so MAKE US SCARED ! :D

I think we should have some scare zones bigger but i like the safe zones i mean being 12 it is really scary but it shouldn't be that much room like it should be more scare zones and then some safe zones it will make it easier and make us all happy. also maybe have one near every house like make a new one but in front of the jaws haunted house so at least we have some scares before. Last year when i was in that area it was boring and made my adults and kids i was with more tired so it made us bored or put one in front of Bill and Ted.... I heard they used to just have people roam around there or am i wrong? This is only my 2nd year so i don't really know much from past. But if it was true they should do it again like have Fear, Jack, Usher, Director, Caretaker, and Storyteller just roam around in that HUGE area!

also you come there to be scared so MAKE US SCARED ! :D

so you said you were 12 and 2nd year going just like me am 12 and 2nd year going awesome or did i read wrong

100% personal opinion here, but would it not be safer to scare guests OFF the sidewalks rather than ONTO the sidewalks? 4-5 inch step up is alot more dangerous that a 4-5 inch step down. Looks like Faceplants will be common.

I scared a girl and she face planted... I lol'd :}

Just went to hit "Like" on this post and remembered I wasn't on FaceBook! LOL!, Good point about the bathroom and food stands and stuff. I hate the fact that there is a HUGE safe zone in the back of the park this year. They should have have more scarezones in my opinion. For the 20th year they should have expanded the zones and made no safe zones. I'm not a huge fan of the San Fran zone this year. Let alone that it is a Mardi Gras theme with zombies. Just not a great area and seems a bit weak. I would have prefered something in the old Midway section or over in Kidzone again.

Yeah I hate how the back of the park is so dead, I don't think they need to put scarezones in the whole park, BUT they could very simply just put red, purple, green and orange lights everywhere in the park, and speakers with music, specially in the back of the park, because I hate how empty and dead some parts of the park look,

I scared a girl and she face planted... I lol'd :}

LOL :lol:

Guest FL Universal Jax

There shouldn't be any safe zones at all, IMO. I realize it may be cost prohibitive to extend scarezones to encompass the entire park, but scareactors should be able to follow you everywhere...even the bathroom, if they're froggy enough. I really mean that.

Then they can really scare the "shit" out of you.

I mean, just think, you are sitting on the Terra Throne, sqeezing fear out of you when a scareactor comes up under the door and says boo..... Much like what happened in Zombeeland Movie. I would scream thats for sure, then I would be free of fear and ready for another round in the park!!!!! :lol:

Edited by FL Universal Jax

Then they can really scare the "shit" out of you.

I mean, just think, you are sitting on the Terra Throne, sqeezing fear out of you when a scareactor comes up under the door and says boo..... Much like what happened in Zombieland Movie. I would scream thats for sure, then I would be free of fear and ready for another round in the park!!!!! :lol:

Hm. Maybe not the bathroom.

Yeah I hate how the back of the park is so dead, I don't think they need to put scarezones in the whole park, BUT they could very simply just put red, purple, green and orange lights everywhere in the park, and speakers with music, specially in the back of the park, because I hate how empty and dead some parts of the park look,

Don't they do that already? That's one of my favorite things about HHN; the dark, spooky lighting. Carnival of Carnage did do that better than any other year; I have video from a few places in the park that looked 'dead' but you could still hear distant carnival music, blowing wind, and creepy laughter, plus it was very dimly lit. I think they do try to encorporate all the elements around the park, just not all of the 'active scares'.

Mae

yeah carnival or carnage was an amazing year, but, I feel there are a lot of dead zones around the park,

You know, Is been raining so much in the afternoon these days, I really hope that by the time HHN starts the rain will also stop, it's going to really suck if it rains as bad as it is now,

I guess I better buy a Poncho just in case... :mellow:

yeah carnival or carnage was an amazing year, but, I feel there are a lot of dead zones around the park,

You know, Is been raining so much in the afternoon these days, I really hope that by the time HHN starts the rain will also stop, it's going to really suck if it rains as bad as it is now,

I guess I better buy a Poncho just in case... :mellow:

That might be a great way to get intense scares........just buy a Walt Disney World poncho haha, you'll be a huge target!

I believe they do have the different lighting troughout the park, I don't ever remember saying to myself "man I wish it was more halloweenish here" I guess it's one of those little details they do for us that we don't notice but subtly appreciate.

There shouldn't be any safe zones at all, IMO. I realize it may be cost prohibitive to extend scarezones to encompass the entire park, but scareactors should be able to follow you everywhere...even the bathroom, if they're froggy enough. I really mean that.

Agreed. I think that scares in non-scarezone specific areas are the best. The trained zombies between Simpsons and MiB in 2008 were effective because they weren't expected. HoS does seem to have a better grip on this idea, as the sliders, clowns, and zombies are roaming and can, really, turn up anywhere. (The clowns, especially, seemed to scare the !*!* out of people!) I believe that was the goal for HHN in 2007, but they didn't really manage it as well as they could have. Personally, I look forward to being scared in surprising places, but I am apparently a bit odd. (I was informed of this by one of my new supervisors. It made my day!)

Mae

How about just having the lights flicker in the bathroom, then go completely out for a second or two while FEAR's voice plays through speakers?

I do believe there should be at least 2 safe zones in the park; one by Bill and Ted and the other in the area between the Simpsons and the kiddie area (Barney, Curious Jorge and the like). After that, anything is fair game. But who knows, I remember like Mae said we had the zombies near MIB back in 08 and the Chainsaw Drill Team pretty much in the same area I think the year b4 (were they just in that one area or were they roaming the park?) So we might be surprised as to what the team @ Universal still has in store for us.

As fun as it is to invision a all-encompassing scare zone... It wont happen.

You have to allow people to get away. Just because YOU don't want to doesn't mean everyone can handle it as well as you. I know that doesn't sit well with the people who have become so desensitized that someone whould have to actually cut off their arm for them to feel anything.

However, I've seen people terrified of coming out of the bathroom because of the relentless chainsaws outside. It's supposed to be fun AND scary... and to achieve that people have to be able to get away when the reach their limit.

Bottom line is we DO have a HUGE safezone... the entire back half of the park. which is a bit much I think but it is what it is.

Edited by JWFearman