HHN 22 Discussion

Normally not. When I was a slider for a local haunt... I just used conductors from lowes that were made of metal and put them on my gloves and boots. With steel toes and pads, the spark when used on concrete. I understand why universal doesn't like them. They tear up the concrete after a while.

What the hell is a "slider"?

A slider is simply a scare actor who slides. That can be very complex or very simple. Typical sliders run with smooth metal shin guards and slide across the ground on these guards. Sometimes draggin a spoon or other metal object make noise/sparks.

Here is a video of some crazy sliding

• Like 1

Now you do ;)

I try.

We've had them before... but not to that degree. Mostly what you see is a short run and scrape when they've been at Uni's or HOS.

I went to the Fright Feast at HOS in 09. The sliders were out and there was no one else around except me and my husband. Further, they could tell I was afraid of them. Needless to say I had like 8 sliders come at me at once and chase me from that area. If you want to see them really move, head to the Fright Feast when the park is empty and don't run away from them.

The shovel scares from years past also achieved the same type of scare in me. Give me trash can lids, shaker cans, shovels and sliders on the street and I am one happy haunt fan. Scared, but happy.

• Like 3

It's not that sliders tear up the streets, it's that the streets are so packed that they can't be effective. You need room not only to slide, but room to gain speed for the slide, room to popup, and room in case something goes wrong. Universal doesn't exactly have the widest of midways like Knott's or Six Flags parks. It wouldn't work.

I've done sliding before. It is something that you can't just pickup and do, it takes alot of time to practice. It also leaves you beyond the point of sore the next day.

Sliders were an effective scare tactic back in the early days of HHN, if memory serves me they were out on Hollywood Blvd. The crowds are so extensive these days, it would be virtually impossible to pull off what they did back then.

Another great tactic from the early years...tin cans full of marbles or pennies. Nothing makes people jump like sneaking up behind them and shaking one of those. I saw grown men scream and run like kids.

Does anyone know whats up with the recurrence of the town Carey Ohio in the event? It has been in several house backgrounds before. Is it just a known haunted town or does it have some other significance?

i think one of the A&D members are from there.

Besides this ^, if memory serves me correctly, someone from A&D responded with "It's our Castle Rock" when they were asked that question. 

Basically, it's the "fictional" play yard of A&D. Similar to King and Castle Rock. 

This is another reason I love this forum.. I find all this fascinating. I would love to retire early from the boring office job I do now and get a gig working with people who create this stuff.

On another note: Has there been any more discussion/rumor/speculation on whether or not we are getting those games on the website? I refuse to ever whine and/or complain about what Uni is doing cuz I just love them.. but I gotta say that after last year's site, I'm a little bummed with this one.