HHN 2010: House of 1000 Corpses: 3D

DTH316

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only saw Spaulding while waiting to get in, Didnt see him once through out the maze. I forgot to mention that I loved how they put the "Scarecrows" in this maze. I knew it was coming and still got scared. The 3-D was a little disorienting at first, But I think it worked really well with the maze. I love that its not the typical black light and neon color "3-D" mazes, This really is 3-D and is really scary IMO.

Review

This maze was really scary/fun/detailed. The facade was awesome, the 3d experience was ver cool. The only bad part is that it was a conga line the whole way through, so I didn't get scared because I saw all the scares happen. Loved Dr.Satan lair, especially the body bags!! I need to go on it agan though, without a conga line

grade: A

Review

This maze was really scary/fun/detailed. The facade was awesome, the 3d experience was ver cool. The only bad part is that it was a conga line the whole way through, so I didn't get scared because I saw all the scares happen. Loved Dr.Satan lair, especially the body bags!! I need to go on it agan though, without a conga line

grade: A

When I went on opening night, we had to wait an hour and even we didnt conga. I think maybe for like the first 2 scenes we had to conga, but that was it.

Has anyone tried going through the maze with no 3d glasses? At one scene i took mines off and really didn't notice a diffrence. Next time i'll try going through the whole maze like that.

I've decided to try it without the glasses next time too. The first time just hurt my eyes and gave me a headache.

Of all the rediculous hype John Murdy tweeted about HHN, he got one thing absolutely spot on "...I think we may have created a 3D maze that's actually scary".

This maze was easily the best 3D house - ever. And it rivals anything that Orlando has put on in the past 4 years. This is not your typical 3D house with black walls painted with colored paint. Far from it. None of the actors, in fact, are even wearing costumes that are affected by the glasses.

The 3D effect makes thinks a little trippy and...well...Rob Zombie-ish. Great job, Universal! I guess my only gripe is that I wanted Dr. Satan to be a little larger. The character(s) were so diminutive, that he was a bit of a let down.

Overall, an A++ maze.

Now, John Murdy, pop quiz: Universal has created a kick-ass maze for 2010. I bet just about every event-goer will find HOTC to be their favorite. So, what do you do for 2011?

a ) Bring back HOTC for 2011. Hell, bring it back for the next 3 years!

b ) Ditch HOTC next year and bring back Freddy until at least 2015 (but remember to rename the scarezones again)

c ) Ditch everything from 2010 (as good or bad as it was) and make 2011 all-new. Clean slate!

Crossing my fingers that pull your head out of your ass and choose c.

Actually other than Killer Carl who is a little small and of course Tiny who is on stilts, the rest of the characters are about the right size. Dr. Satan was a small guy.

Edited by Havoc

THERE IS NO KILLER KARL.

Killer Karl is the dude who tries to rob Spaulding.

The character in the maze with the big head is Ravelli.

Also, most of the characters are smaller then the movie counterparts. Bill Mosley is 6 feet tall, but none of the Otis are that big. Sid Haig is 6' 2" or something like that.

Edited by Trevler

Loved the girl who played Baby. She did her part very well, she really freaked me out!

I really hope HOTC is a keeper in HHN for another year or two. Maybe some of you will side-eye me for saying this, and it's easy to say "No repeats!" but I personally don't believe Universal can afford to have no repeats every year. Recycling is cost-efficient. Although I prefer not to have all repeats. :lol:

I digress! HOTC is undoubtedly one of the best and most memorable mazes in my opinion. I've never been in a 3D maze before. Hell, I've never even heard of a 3D maze being done until I heard of the HOTC maze pre-HHN. But being inside one was one of the trippiest experiences my eyes have ever been through! The pulsating walls and neon colored strings and decor made everything VERY disorienting, which certainly didn't negate the scares at all! It was a definite benefit. <3

The scareactors and the costumery was very well done. Everyone looked and played their part very well! I was even surprised to see Tiny on stilts in the maze! I never thought I'd see a scareactor with stilts in the maze. That's very daring, considering there's guests like me who go absolutely frantic when scared. Hope he never gets knocked over. x.x

Thanks for the redirect Trev. Got the characters mixed up, I dont know about the Otis guys but most of the Cpt. Spaldings are about 6'2" in costume...... I just looked up Sids Imdb and they list him as 6'4" definatley taller than the scareactors, I stand corrected. However being on the high side of 6'3" myself there are not a lot of people that big available and why waste them in a maze. Check out the big Clownz on NY street.

I really hope HOTC is a keeper in HHN for another year or two. Maybe some of you will side-eye me for saying this, and it's easy to say "No repeats!" but I personally don't believe Universal can afford to have no repeats every year. Recycling is cost-efficient. Although I prefer not to have all repeats. :lol:

You know if Orlando can do eight all-new mazes every year, certainly Hollywood could with four or five new mazes WITH a weak HoH overlay and the Terror Tram.

I'm definitely hitting this maze first this Friday right after the opening scareamonies.

You know if Orlando can do eight all-new mazes every year, certainly Hollywood could with four or five new mazes WITH a weak HoH overlay and the Terror Tram.

I'm definitely hitting this maze first this Friday right after the opening scareamonies.

Not necessarily; You have to remember that Orlando's park is strictly entertainment. Hollywood is entertainment and also business- the actual studio. There's also a lot less space in Hollywood's park, so the revenue gained entertainment-wise is most likely on a smaller scale compared to Orlando.

When Universal expands in the future and yearly revenue is high enough, I'm sure we can look to each HHN with all-new fresh content. ^^

Went on the 9th and this was the first maze of the night, with a group of newcomers this had set the bar for the night and was a big hit with my group. For once it was a 3d maze with out the traditional black-light and neon paint. The sets and scares were top notch and did not disappoint.

Word.

Im gonna have to agree

and that points kinda invalid Anu because only the properties are the only thing being repeated (minus SAW) since they throw away each costume after the events done, the versions of Jason and Freddy differ alot in apperance from there older 80's borned incarnation and the sceens used I havent gone yet but from what I understand very few like 1 or 2 sceens are reused from the Orignal Mazes so everything is the same cost of building a un repeated franchise maze plus they probably had to pay a little more since the new versions are owned by Warner Brothers now

I just went in this maze last night and good night! That maze was so trippy it was freaky!

The body room in the maze just freaked me out so badly! I loved the cool air and moisture added to the front of the Firefly mansion. It really made me convince that I was outside in the cold. Plus, what in the world was Freddy Kruger doing in the main room for the mansion? I haven't seen the movie.

Definitely a 10/10. One of the best mazes Halloween Horror Nights has done. With that said I really hope it does not come back next year hence why the Saw maze never really scared me this year.

Edited by Freakazoid