LegendaryTruth - The Collective

Luke

Hey I had a really small theory that just kinda came from a few postings saying the Gorewood Tree...something other stuff blah blah. But it got me thinking: What is the lantern made of? Could it be possible that someone made the lantern from a peice of the Gorewood Tree which give s it its...evilness? If we're looking at the past in some aspects of the event could it be possible that this would be the nod to that year?

But admittedly, thats just kind of speculation. I'm just wondering if that might spark an idea from someone else? Just a thought ._.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever thought about getting a job writing fortune cookies?

What I am getting from all this is the event seems like it will be mad schizophrenic. The old meets the new in a cataclysmic explosion of evil, or something like that. Or is it all going to fit together somehow? Like...say...a puzzle...?

All the evil from the past 20 years culminating in a giant evil mosh-pit if you will.

The lantern is the initiator, which gives us the pieces to our puzzle. All the terror comes together when the pieces are put together. The puzzle is the center of the world of evil, and ultimately leads to our demise. Each piece to the puzzle bring us one step closer to total and utter terror, thanks to the lantern. Maybe the LT is trying to prevent the puzzle from being completed, by feeding us these clues and telling us that what we're being told isn't the truth.

really late to the game, but the comments I'm not posting were unrelated to the game. They were in character, but were in reference to my involvement with legendary truth last year -shrug-.

has anyone commented on the content of the pictures? I haven't really looked through the comments so much. 2 or 3 of the pictures are directly related to the caretaker (he's actually in one of them)

Edited by moonfall

told you the past was important and the 20yrs of fear pics are important.... maybe now more of you will LISTEN.

Never! I will never listen to you, just like I will forever hang on to my belief that there will be HUGE tents over the park this year! ;)

Good call though to you and anyone else who repeatedly mentioned the past.

So there has been further deterioration of the photographs, and we're still waiting for a further release from Senior Staff of the C.I.L.

On one of the photographs it almost looks like you're looking at a portrait of someone, or a group of people.

Edited by Jason

I'm not sure if this is going to be important, but in the interest of full disclosure (and particularly in light of what LT has said in today's advisory) I figured I would post it. Over the weekend, I tried to ask Ignatia whether the burn marks were already in the images that the CFO printed out, or if the printouts themselves were burned (based on a random theory I had). Given her response, she...seemed to have misunderstood my question? Maybe, I think. But anyways, here is what she replied with:

"Imaging appears to taking effect post-development. Original media 35 mm film stock (except for video transferred frames)."

*shrug*

where are these new pics??

The second set of images is not up yet. But it should be soon, given that the printouts were being authenticated by the CIL over the weekend.

EDIT: Actually, now that I read the advisory again, it sounds like "being authenticated by the CIL" and "being reviewed by Senior Staff" are the same thing. Whatever, they should be up in the next couple of days, regardless.

Edited by Greyfalken

I have a feeling that the burnt markings on those photos are made by the lantern. you can really tell in the pic of the torture truck. The shapes in the way it was burnt resemble the ones on the lantern itself.

Sorry if this was said already, ive not had much time to go back and catch up.

Many have said that although it may resemble the Lantern's pattern, it does not exactly fit.

But there is little doubt that the Lantern caused these issues, I think. But who knows?

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic6.jpg

I don't think the image is different. It is the burning that makes things different.

I also don't think anything is different between the pics that were on the FB today than the pics that were on LT... Well a slight difference. They were higher res on FB and cropped slightly different.

Edited by JWFearman

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic6.jpg

I don't think the image is different. It is the burning that makes things different.

No, the images are quite different nearly all of them are taken from a slightly different angle. In the first you can see the Caretaker's face far more clearly in the burnt picture, as his hair covers part of the original.You can also see more of the cloaked figure's face. The picture was taken closer and turned slightly more towards the Caretaker than the other.

This is truly obvious in the Midway pictures. In the original the painting of the woman with the half-skull face is all but obscured by the figure in the bowler hat. But in the burnt picture you not only see her whole face, but most of her body too! The original was taken from a lower angle closer to the two front figures. In the second you can see the feet of the figures behind them and much more of the wall they are standing on.

Now I do realize that the first and third pictures were actually from a video, but even still there are interesting differences. In the Festival picture these go beyond the skeleton being in a slightly different position. Look at the group of young men to the skeleton's right. The guy reaching out towards his friend has turned his head towards us in the burnt picture - and look at his head! Plus the window in the building over the skeleton's left shoulder is completely different.

There are no differences I can make out between the two pictures in the Screamhouse, other than the burns and bleached effect - except that in the altered picture is cropped to show more along the top and on the right than the original.

In the last two however, take a look at the guy's chest. He has an extra tattoo in the burnt picture!!! looks like a knife?

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

No, the images are quite different nearly all of them are taken from a slightly different angle. In the first you can see the Caretaker's face far more clearly in the burnt picture, as his hair covers part of the original.You can also see more of the cloaked figure's face. The picture was taken closer and turned slightly more towards the Caretaker than the other.

This is truly obvious in the Midway pictures. In the original the painting of the woman with the half-skull face is all but obscured by the figure in the bowler hat. But in the burnt picture you not only see her whole face, but most of her body too! The original was taken from a lower angle closer to the two front figures. In the second you can see the feet of the figures behind them and much more of the wall they are standing on.

Now I do realize that the first and third pictures were actually from a video, but even still there are interesting differences. In the Festival picture these go beyond the skeleton being in a slightly different position. Look at the group of young men to the skeleton's right. The guy reaching out towards his friend has turned his head towards us in the burnt picture - and look at his head! Plus the window in the building over the skeleton's left shoulder is completely different.

There are no differences I can make out between the two pictures in the Screamhouse, other than the burns and bleached effect - except that in the altered picture is cropped to show more along the top and on the right than the original.

In the last two however, take a look at the guy's chest. He has an extra tattoo in the burnt picture!!! looks like a knife?

ding ding ding.

Its like a lot of people have never done the "whats wrong with this picture" puzzles

the devil is always in the details

I was waiting for someone to point out the tattoo...

Edited by TheEyeOfHorus

Nope, these are not different pictures. Dinosaur Pirate is correct, the original "archive" photo was photoshopped. It's incredibly obvious due to one small thing in the picture that everyone seems to have overlooked. Look between the middle-front clown's thumb and finger in the archive picture. You see that triangle of fabric? Now look where the same clown's hat is in the burnt picture. They forgot to photoshop out his hat in the archive picture.

I am almost entirely positive that this is all due to the fact that we do not have the correct video frames and they aren't of the same resolution that Universal has. Until we have at least the same frame, there's no use comparing them directly because of course things are going to be in different positions or blurred.

This is the only thing I've seen posted about so far that appears to be legitimately different.