HHN XX Speculation II

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found a link to some clues from an old friend of ours, what do you guys think about it since we have more clues since he posted this?

My link

I was a mod on said forum for a very short time right before it shut down... But I had enough time to read up on the trouble makers. I can tell you with a decent degree of certainty that this person (along with a giant SLEW of other names twisted or reversed off another member name) was a jilted board member known for causing trouble in the past. I honestly wouldn't put too much stock in it. This is further verified by BM's absence. But the quotes are vague, and like a Nostradamus prophecy, you can twist it to fit whatever you want it to be.

Edited by JWFearman

I just want to throw out a few of my thoughts, as we've been throwing back and forth the "no movies" this year.

As of yet, we know we've received no information saying that surely we will have no movie houses. Though we haven't ruled out that this isn't true, I personally am standing behind it thinking we wont have movie based houses. Though yes, maybe we wills surely see houses, or parts of houses that reference to some movies, I don't see any houses about just movies; i.e "the crazies."

We have to think about some things that have been said, such as "scrapbook year." OK, so when your having a 20th anniversary and piecing together things from the past, as well as creating a future. You'd think, this years ideas would come from ORIGINAL content from years past. As we've come to find out, many of the most popular houses and memories come from parts of the event that were created by A&D.

Sure we'd love to see Freddy or Michael Myers, and even live a house like "the crazies." But, this year is set to be EPIC. So what better way to create a year that will be above and beyond anything in the past, than to showcase what has made this event so amazing year after year. Show me a museum house(Best Of) to remind me whats been loved, and show more of something/someone i know enough about, but want to learn more...Eddie/Cindy. Then bring the fire with more new content to blow me away with where this event plans to go.

So basically, i believe they are making a scrapbook 20th anniversary of all old, yet to shine, and new content. I don't see a reason to take up space with any movies other than a reference.

They have more than enough original content from past, present, future to create an awesome event.

Speculate away on everything reminding you of this movie or that, but take a second and also give A&D some credit.

While movies have always been a part of the event in some fashion or form, they didn't really become heavily reliant on them until 17.

Wrong... sorry...

I just have to jump in here for a second to say that Universal is a movie theme park.

HHN originated as a movie-based horror event - priding itself on MOVIE-quality sets, costumes, makeup and acting. I was at the first event in '91 and clearly recall being confronted by Predator, Swamp thing and a number of other movie icons. Not to mention the Thunderdome on Hollywood boulevard obviously derived from the Mad Max films.

Sorry, but I, personally, think all the 'we hate movie houses' talk is ignoring what created the beast we are all clearly big fans of.

...going back to my cave now...

<moved convo from the construction thread because... well, it has nothing to do with construction.>

I really don't understand this argument. The 20th year? So. Sorry, but I just don't see why that would make it a drawn to the general public.

I agree, i really only think the 20 annv really matters to the fans. I think the GP could some what care less.

And on the subject of movie houses, i have to agree with jeremey. I really dont count houses like "Allnight die in" a movie house, Yes the whole house was based of movies. But the house wasnt named after a movie and it had the director in it. After 17 it seems like atleast one house has to be based and named after a movie.

I've been thinking about the Horror Nights News webcast from last night and they mention about the Disaster queue house being something the fans will like.

I was thinking that with some people claiming about an industrial setting with tires and ladders and with this new information we might see the the return RUN (The original) one or at least a new house with a similar format (where you run from scareactors while trying to escape from a maze.) That could explain why they said that the house will be a fan favorite.

I'm hoping for a new story with the same format as RUN yet a Mardi Gras themed house could work too.

Please no flames (whimper)

I've been thinking about the Horror Nights News webcast from last night and they mention about the Disaster queue house being something the fans will like.

I was thinking that with some people claiming about an industrial setting with tires and ladders and with this new information we might see the the return RUN (The original) one or at least a new house with a similar format (where you run from scareactors while trying to escape from a maze.) That could explain why they said that the house will be a fan favorite.

I'm hoping for a new story with the same format as RUN yet a Mardi Gras themed house could work too.

Please no flames (whimper)

I have thought that since I heard about the facade and the position that have been reported for that house. One of them was a Carnie, and if I remember correctly, RUN: Hostile Territory from 2006 had a very carnival theme. The scareactors in the house would ask if you would like to play their "games". These "games" did look like you were at a carnival.

Am I remembering correctly or am I wrong?

I have thought that since I heard about the facade and the position that have been reported for that house. One of them was a Carnie, and if I remember correctly, RUN: Hostile Territory from 2006 had a very carnival theme. The scareactors in the house would ask if you would like to play their "games". These "games" did look like you were at a carnival.

If memory serves, I seem to remember Run being more along the lines oof a mixture between the Hostile movies and the saw movies, more toward the hostile side though. I didn't rerally get a carnival theme from it at all.

You're way off. Run: Hostile Territory was based off of movies such as saw and Hostile. Mostly Hostile as the story for the house was rich men would come to pay for the ability to torture people. In 2006 I can't recall any house that had a "Game" feel to it.

If memory serves, I seem to remember Run being more along the lines oof a mixture between the Hostile movies and the saw movies, more toward the hostile side though. I didn't rerally get a carnival theme from it at all.

You're way off. Run: Hostile Territory was based off of movies such as saw and Hostile. Mostly Hostile as the story for the house was rich men would come to pay for the ability to torture people. In 2006 I can't recall any house that had a "Game" feel to it.

i remember run: hostile territory being exactly like hostel, no carnival in there lol

Well now that that's cleared up. haha. Doesn't anyone read befpre they post?

I was a mod on said forum for a very short time right before it shut down... But I had enough time to read up on the trouble makers. I can tell you with a decent degree of certainty that this person (along with a giant SLEW of other names twisted or reversed off another member name) was a jilted board member known for causing trouble in the past. I honestly wouldn't put too much stock in it. This is further verified by BM's absence. But the quotes are vague, and like a Nostradamus prophecy, you can twist it to fit whatever you want it to be.

I remember that post on that forum as well. While it is from a guy that, like you mentioned, had a knack for stirring up ruckus, a few bullet points seem worth taking a second look, in particular, these:

3. Hades is waiting.

8. Heavy reading

9. A new icon will arise…. hint: every school has one of them

3 - One of the houses is rumored to be a Greek mythology house, and we've already talked about Hades and the underworld, so....

8 - Libraries hold massive amounts of history books, so the rumors of a museum-themed house involving the history of HHN can go along with this one.

9 - One of the characters in the Jaws house is code-named 'Valedictorian" and more people are floating to the idea of Cindy being the focal point of that maze. I'm not saying this means that Cindy will be the new icon this year, however.

I think the other ones are either very vague or are just filler material to throw people off. But don't assume that I am agreeing with That One Guy; I am as skeptical/apprehensive as the next guy (especially since that post assumes that there will be NINE houses instead of the requisite 8). It's just that now that I look back at it, it may just be worth it to give it a second look.

'K, I'll shut up, now.

Edited by RingMaster

i remember run: hostile territory being exactly like hostel, no carnival in there lol

I didn't say there was a carnival in there... I said it had a carnival feel to it with all of the people asking if you wanted to play their "game".

# 7. This is a very Shady building!

Shadybrook reference? A terribly obvious one, at that. I'm not saying I think this is correct. I just read Shady and thought of Shadybrook. And then I read the news that the Disaster que will be a fan favorite... again, I'm not saying it's correct. But it's something to think about.

# 7. This is a very Shady building!

Shadybrook reference? A terribly obvious one, at that. I'm not saying I think this is correct. I just read Shady and thought of Shadybrook. And then I read the news that the Disaster que will be a fan favorite... again, I'm not saying it's correct. But it's something to think about.

I'm quoting Dr. Jimmy here "There is no building more shady than the Universal Palace Theatre. A movie theatre is meant to keep light out." Well said words Doctor.

Edited by HHN Addict Dude

i found a link to some clues from an old friend of ours, what do you guys think about it since we have more clues since he posted this?

My link

Yah, honestly you guys, I was on The Vault when this went up, too. And I thought it was pretty ridiculous at the time. But now that I've reread them, I have to say a couple of them gave me a start. I was surprised to see the Hades clue especially.

Ok so I just had to catch up on a full day's worth of posts (damn you people work fast lol) but I did it and am back to post :]

Oysterhead, I have to admit i used to think just like you did. All the anti-talk about horror movies really drove me up the wall!! I mean...after the past 3 years, we've come to expect at least one movie house at HHN, despite if the theme is original or not. (I also think my fervant desire for Freddy to return was the driving force behind that as well lol) However, I can understand why so many people would want there not to be any: Universal has pulled so many wonderous and incredible things out of it's hat before that just waiting to see what they can do is a thrill all its own.

However, (as always) Dr. Jimmy made a very good point with his theory of perhaps seeing some of our past "stars" appearing the HHN reunion house of sorts. I think at this point, since we can CONFIRM or DENY anythng, we should all agree to disagree :]

and for the reccord, nobody here needs to be afraid of flaming :] for the most part, we're a cival bunch and all speculations are welcome. (Unless you're here to tell us we're going to have a year that includes killer pirates from space and monkey zombies....then we'll be flaming you....alot. Alot alot.)

I have questions regarding the RUN houses. Were they ACTUAL mazes that you could get lost in? Or were they just called mazes, with one path. Also, are you actually running? Because with cramped lines, i dont see how you can run, unless they space out the groups (I am very unfamiliar to these houses) I know these are dumb questions, but I have never been in a RUN house, and I missed it in 16, if that was the year :/

the original was a maze, and it was "pulsed"

Thanks lol. Another thing I was thinking about on the website of HHN is the four categories we have. We have Legacy, Characters, Environments and Behind the Screams (Scenes). The BtS portion of the site might be updated the same time as Legendary Truth, and could be where we get our hints for this years events, just as past years we have had BtS videos as the event neared. It would seem weird for them to post a BtS portion and not have it be relevent to this years event.

Wrong... sorry...

I just have to jump in here for a second to say that Universal is a movie theme park.

HHN originated as a movie-based horror event - priding itself on MOVIE-quality sets, costumes, makeup and acting. I was at the first event in '91 and clearly recall being confronted by Predator, Swamp thing and a number of other movie icons. Not to mention the Thunderdome on Hollywood boulevard obviously derived from the Mad Max films.

Sorry, but I, personally, think all the 'we hate movie houses' talk is ignoring what created the beast we are all clearly big fans of.

...going back to my cave now...

<moved convo from the construction thread because... well, it has nothing to do with construction.>

While drawing inspiration from movies it was not blatanly ABOUT movies really until 2007. (i.e. NLC Trio, Dead Silence, the Thing... etc) I'm not saying there werent a few houses here an there that were... Like PUTS or Psycho... But it focused on their "original" content.

Collage houses I don't really consider movie houses either... as they are not Centered around one movie and with many (like ANDI) they had over arching (even if it was thinly veiled) stories.

Anyway, no one is saying their wont be movie INSPIRED houses this year... there just wont be "M. Knight Shyamalan's Devil" or "The Crazies"... according to relaible sources.

I prefer it this way and my favorite houses... hands down... have always been the houses that were not directly movies.

Edited by JWFearman

I'm quoting Dr. Jimmy here "There is no building more shady than the Universal Palace Theatre. A movie theatre is meant to keep light out." Well said words Doctor.

That statement was made some time ago after it was first revealed that there would be 8 houses. The dubious fellow in question did not say 9 houses he said 8 houses and a new icon. Everybody had been speculating about 10 before this except him, and when TJ revealed that there would be 8, I reviewed those "clues" in the video you quoted. We have learned a lot since then about the houses and there is nothing to support the return of the UPT so far. I would not be surprised however if The Usher shows up in a scarezone or house somehow. The person who posted all that was indeed as JW said a Merry Prankster and was responsible for much mayhem on the Vault before it closed shop.

Anyway, no one is saying their wont be movie INSPIRED houses this year...

Actually, I went back to the near primary source that had said "no movie houses" this year and specifically asked "what about movie-inspired houses like Interstellar Terror that was loosely based on Event Horizon?" and the response was "not even that". However, movie characters have been cast. Mary Shaw is in Hollywood Blvd. and other movie characters who have played big parts at HHN in the past. A major primary source who provided much information in the past stated that certain major movie characters would not be given their own house as he wanted, but rather would likely be given a room. Although this source is no longer close to the event, the evidence supports this so far.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Actually, I went back to the near primary source that had said "no movie houses" this year and specifically asked "what about movie-inspired houses like Interstellar Terror that was loosely based on Event Horizon?" and the response was "not even that".

Interesting... Of course there are no original ideas and everything is new twist on something... But that is good to know thanks!