Brian Brushwood: Menace and Malice Speculation

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this might be a coincidence but I just checked Brian Brushwood's October 2010 schedule and it seems to match up with all the dates for HHN.

Interesting.

September 2010

22 - Booked for event (Employee Preview?)

24-25 - Booked for event (Opening Weekend)

30 - Booked for event

October 2010

01-03 - Booked for event

07-10 - Booked for event

14-17 - Booked for event

20-24 - Booked for event

27-31 - Booked for event

Source: http://shwood.squarespace.com/tour/

i enjoyed the Brushwood show. minus the fact many people here would prefer not to have it, A lot of the GP will come into the event, and find this very entertaining, more so than RHPS. Thats been there for the past couple years, and many GP who come back...just go, oh that again? i dont even like that.

i'd say anything is better than nothing, especially when it comes to taking up visitors, to help shorten lines.

Edited by mrbungle5223

He did the EXACT same set/act both years I saw him. I didn't think he was that great, but we still gave him another shot the second year thinking it would be different...but nope, EXACTLY the same. I think that's what annoyed everybody. People around us were getting up and leaving yelling "we saw this last year!".

Now, while RHPS is EXACTLY the same, that's different. Hell, 25+ years later and Midnight showings of the movie still sell out...and you don't expect it to be different. But seeing a Magician do the same tricks....that doesn't work. You aren't surprised by what he did...or have any nerves about what's going to happen.

I'm heading down in Early Oct...if he's there and I see a post that he completely changed up his act, sure, I'll give it another shot for the sake of being able to say we did EVERYTHING Horror Nights had to offer. But if I see "same set...." I won't go anywhere near it.

We've had Brian at the event like 2 times already, and to be honest in my opinion, he's not the best. I think they should have spent their money elsewhere, rather on this joker.

Well the GP would at least stay and watch it for enjoyment because it's the first time and these acts are new to them but for us fans who already saw it we can skip it but for RHPS most GP wont like RHPS unless there fans of the show or movie and would more likely leave. So you will expect people will go to BB more than RHPS.Well at least there will be more crowd control as there will be less time for the houses. But maybe replace both of these shows to at least an original show like a type of "Arrival" show to keep the scare factor throughout the event.

But I do agree change up the magic act and more time like the same duration as Bill and Ted

Edited by Andrew Ryan

Guest FL Universal Jax

I was under the impression that Brian Brushwood was told he could not to return to HHN for cause. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as I know, you are not wrong. I was under the impression that he was told to leave Universal for something he did wrong back stage. I have heard from several different UO team members that he was asked not to return to Uni for something he did. As a matter of fact, I talked to some team members last year that said he was fired for some policy violation. Even though he was not a full time team member, he still had to abide by Universal's policies.

Are there any UO team members that can back this up?

Hey I posted this idea in speculation but they all shot it down. I find it very suspicious that he just happens to be "booked at an event" on those exact dates. Maybe its something else though like he's going to be at HOS or some other haunt attraction.

Nooooooo

no,no,no

I saw his show and did not like it, i didn't even understand why would they bring him to hhn, but that's just my opinion, there are better acts out there, I really hope this is just a misunderstanding and he is doing something else,

Even if he had new material, i would not go, I really hope they didnt cancel RHPS, I really wanted to take my friends this year.

Nooooooo

no,no,no

I saw his show and did not like it, i didn't even understand why would they bring him to hhn, but that's just my opinion, there are better acts out there, I really hope this is just a misunderstanding and he is doing something else,

Even if he had new material, i would not go, I really hope they didnt cancel RHPS, I really wanted to take my friends this year.

I heard that RHPS is not returning this year.

Nooooooo

no,no,no

If you're going on a Saturday you could always go to the one in Citywalk (It's usually on select Saturday nights, but it's 100x better than the HHN one)

Brian Bushwood had some cool tricks but he's been doing basically the same act since before he came to HHN...if he comes back I hope to GOD he'll do something better than tricking people into watching a damn screamer video on a large screen....he had it light up and half of us were like oh man really ? It was lame...hopefully he goes to hollywood and not orlando. Bring in Jim Rose or some other side show/freak show. Give those guys some cash and and earn cool points by showcasing a dying art. IMHO of course...

If you're going on a Saturday you could always go to the one in Citywalk (It's usually on select Saturday nights, but it's 100x better than the HHN one)

Oh really, its a lot better? i think i heard about it once before, but i didn't know it was better, thanks :)

and yeah, like HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said, i agree there are way better freak shows out there, Shows that would really freak you out, and shock you, Shows that are more fitting for HHN, even when i didn't know who Brian was, and i went to the show, i wasn't really shocked by it or anything,

• 2 weeks later...

I never saw his show while at HHN but I did watch most of it on youtube.

I like his podcasts, he does a lot of things online in the magic and tech communities.

Here are some of his shows:

http://revision3.com/scamschool

http://twit.tv/nsfw (this is a safe link, nsfw is just the name of the show)

It would be awesome to meet him. Doesn't he talk to and take pictures with audience members after the show?

As for whether he will actually be at HHN, I don't think he will. But I would love it if he was. And I'm not a fan of RHPS, but that's just my opinion.

If he was to be at HHN this year, he wouldn't be replacing RHPS, I don't know where this idea came from.

RHPS is at the Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue, if/when Bushwood comes he's at the Animal Actor's stage, while Bill & Ted stays at the Fear Factor stage.