Halloween Horror Nights 29 Speculation

Mark M.

2 hours ago, Midnight Detective said:

Speaking of IPs

Could we have a thread where everyone posts their favorite horror movies or recommendations? I'm relatively horror movie illiterate as far as the entirety of the genre goes and end up watching a bunch of new films before HHN. Its resulting in me seeing lots of new films that blew me away (Texas Chainsaw Massacre) but I also don't see some (Poltergeist), watch them 3 years later and wish I had seen them ahead of time.

Also books

Dracula Teeth’s lost of classics above is pretty strong. It you ever want some recommendations, PM me with some of your favorites, and I’ll try to steer some in your direction.

Also, some of my recent faves that weren’t mentioned: It Follows, Babadook, and Terrifier.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Luigi18512 said:

Overseas Horror Nights events love to taunt HHN Orlando goers about Bloodengutz not returning.

Well I mean they technically made their own without a horror host lol, we can't blame em honestly, their zone was killer and the house will definitely be the same, but I think give it enough time, it'll come to our event in some form of way. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Luigi18512 said:

Overseas Horror Nights events love to taunt HHN Orlando goers about Bloodengutz not returning.

My EXACT thoughts when I looked through the concept arts. It's literally just Holidays of Horror but with no H.R. Bloodengutz. :(

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Dang. 

And from what someone said earlier, if it is just Hollywood exclusive, it'll more than likely be Classic Monsters 2?

Somewhere down the line I can see them doing another but right now I feel like they want to also branch out to stuff they can bring to the event, Monsters was definitely an awesome and amazing passion project and I think they want to deliver that same love for other properties that they want to bring to the event, like they just did with bringing back Holidayz In Hell, it should be a promising maze for them. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

My EXACT thoughts when I looked through the concept arts. It's literally just Holidays of Horror but with no H.R. Bloodengutz. :(

The scarezone was about half a house in length, and while they did a fantastic job, it was no Bloodengutz.  Not once did I find myself comparing the two.  From all the 2019 scenes spoiled, it  sounds like a couple of holidays will be presented exactly like they were in the scarezone.

It will be interesting to see how Murdy pulls this off.  There are a lot of holidays to be presented, and the scarezone had abrupt changes from one to the next. Some of the holidays were very long (several scenes).  In the house he will use "postcards" as transitions.  Transitions=house space.  He did that with Trick R Treat last year and we saw it in Slaughter Sinema.  Both of those houses felt like they were shorter than they should have been (Beast Baby, anyone?).  I think all those transitions could have added up to one or two potential extra rooms.  Of course, Bloodengutz had the same sort of transitions, but I didn't mind those because they were always showing us something on the TV screens.

I wonder if people will perceive the Holidays house to be shorter than the scarezone.  My concern is we will have several Beast Baby sized holiday rooms.

I don't feel like this house would come to Orlando; Bloodengutz2: Bloodier and Gutzier would make more sense.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, zombieman said:

The scarezone was about half a house in length, and while they did a fantastic job, it was no Bloodengutz.  Not once did I find myself comparing the two.  From all the 2019 scenes spoiled, it  sounds like a couple of holidays will be presented exactly like they were in the scarezone.

It will be interesting to see how Murdy pulls this off.  There are a lot of holidays to be presented, and the scarezone had abrupt changes from one to the next. Some of the holidays were very long (several scenes).  In the house he will use "postcards" as transitions.  Transitions=house space.  He did that with Trick R Treat last year and we saw it in Slaughter Sinema.  Both of those houses felt like they were shorter than they should have been (Beast Baby, anyone?).  I think all those transitions could have added up to one or two potential extra rooms.  Of course, Bloodengutz had the same sort of transitions, but I didn't mind those because they were always showing us something on the TV screens.

I wonder if people will perceive the Holidays house to be shorter than the scarezone.  My concern is we will have several Beast Baby sized holiday rooms.

I don't feel like this house would come to Orlando; Bloodengutz2: Bloodier and Gutzier would make more sense.

Yeah, I mean it seems promising, it's gonna be a great house because there may be other houses in the list that will definitely take that from it but it truly is a good concept, I mean I don't mind seeing them seeing what we did and being transition to them just with little twists here and there. The scare zone looked really cool and the maze might be given the same treatment, I think Orlando will listen and will understand after seeing this maze that they might have to do an H.R. Bloodengutz house now, I mean they can't dance around the idea now, it'd be cool to see it happen but also, if it happens, it's wondering how people will react to it, because as much as people want the maze, if it happens, I'll be honest here, I feel like people will sorta tear it up, I mean seeing some people wanting Nightingales back and they brought it back and yes it was accepted but then you have other people that started talking to bad about it. I just hope their maze does very well and keep the same atmosfear as the scarezone had. 

1 hour ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Yeah, I mean it seems promising, it's gonna be a great house because there may be other houses in the list that will definitely take that from it but it truly is a good concept, I mean I don't mind seeing them seeing what we did and being transition to them just with little twists here and there. The scare zone looked really cool and the maze might be given the same treatment, I think Orlando will listen and will understand after seeing this maze that they might have to do an H.R. Bloodengutz house now...

I'm sure the Orlando team knows the fans want to see Bloodengtz return, and that Hollywood had a hit with a very similar theme.  Wouldn't surprise me if we saw him return for the 30th.  Sinema/Bloodengutz mashup?  Usher/Bloodengutz mashup?  I know I'm talking mashup a lot, but I'm still convinced Nightengales is going to be a mashup with Scarecrow.

49 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

It should be a different theme, though (from holidays).

I need to stress again - the only similarity between Bloodengutz and Holidayz in Hell was that holidays were used.  Bloodengutz just happened to be placed during a holiday movie marathon, and it was the comedy house for HHN 21.  Holidayz was played straight horror, and only came about due to the wildly popular Dark Christmas scarezone (which ironically preceded Krampus).  So I feel Holidayz in Hell would have organically come from Dark Christmas even if Bloodengutz had never happened.  In the same vein,  one could argue that Bloodengutz was derived from Usher's popularity.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zombieman said:

I'm sure the Orlando team knows the fans want to see Bloodengtz return, and that Hollywood had a hit with a very similar theme.  Wouldn't surprise me if we saw him return for the 30th.  Sinema/Bloodengutz mashup?  Usher/Bloodengutz mashup?  I know I'm talking mashup a lot, but I'm still convinced Nightengales is going to be a mashup with Scarecrow.

I need to stress again - the only similarity between Bloodengutz and Holidayz in Hell was that holidays were used.  Bloodengutz just happened to be placed during a holiday movie marathon, and it was the comedy house for HHN 21.  Holidayz was played straight horror, and only came about due to the wildly popular Dark Christmas scarezone (which ironically preceded Krampus).  So I feel Holidayz in Hell would have organically come from Dark Christmas even if Bloodengutz had never happened.  In the same vein,  one could argue that Bloodengutz was derived from Usher's popularity.

By that, I meant from the first maze. As I've stated previously, it could be a good way to incorporate the UCMs, as well as a proper Hellgate crossover.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

11 minutes ago, Legacy said:

I’ve said this a dozen times. If Bloodengutz returns, it needs to “Bloodengutz Presents: Reality Terror-vision.”

As I've said, a good backstory for this would either be his ghost becoming a demi-god of sorts and haunting the old studio (like Gabriel from Supernatural), or him and other inmates escaping and holding a TV studio hostage.

About a month ago now, I watched a little of Kitchen Nightmares (specifically the most infamous episode, Amy's Baking Company) and thought that concept could make a good comedy house. So that would work as a scene in your idea.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

5 hours ago, zombieman said:

...If they don't use that name for an eventual H.R. Bloodengutz sequel (please let that happen this year or next year), I'll be disappointed.

26 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

About a month ago now, I watched a little of Kitchen Nightmares (specifically the most infamous episode, Amy's Baking Company) and thought that concept could make a good comedy house. So that would work as a scene in your idea.

That was a favorite of mine

giphy.gif

Fun fact: I live a few blocks away from Mama Rita's (Season 2, episode 8).  The location has since been three different restaurants.  It was the ONLY restaurant ever to have been profiled that needed zero makeover to front of house or kitchen.  Turned out the business owners were simply disasters.  It was already closed when the episode first aired.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I'm just imagining that the Restaurant scene would be the only one in the house without blood or gore, even Bloodengutz doesn't want to mess with the owners.

On 4/14/2019 at 5:46 PM, HHN Pro 2 said:

Holy crap they're doing an original house for once! Holidayz of Hell is returning as a house!

I may be alone in thinking this, but the Hollywood event deserves better than what they get every year. They dress things up to look and feel original, but they're not and there's always a ton of buildup for not much of a payoff, when it comes to the content. The scarectors are amazing and they too deserve better environments to scare in. It makes me feel that much more lucky to live in Orlando and attend the event they've built here.

• Like 3

This is what Murdy said on twitter today about the maze, more information: 

"Every year, a number of days in the calendar are set aside where people can take a break from the rigors and routines of their daily lives and gather together with friends, family and loved ones to partake in the comforting traditions of the season...But this year, something has gone horribly wrong and the holidays have, quite literally...gone to Hell! Welcome to Holidayz In Hell, a Halloween Horror Nights original maze that will take you on a terrifying trip through a series of psychotic seasonal celebrations..."

New Year's Day - Step inside a nightmare nursery where a frightening Father Time is ready to bestow his bestial blessing on the New Year's Baby...!

Valentine's Day - Take a one-way ride down The Tunnel Of Love, where a crazed Cupid is looking for a heart to break...or a heart to take!

Saint Patrick's Day - Journey to the rainbow's end, where a lecherous Leprechaun deals out brutal punishments to anyone who attempts to steal his gold!

Easter - Hop over to your local shopping wall, where a putrid Peter Cotton-Tail is terrorizing the tiny tots.

The Fourth Of July - Stop off at a roadside fireworks stand, where an unhinged Uncle Sam is waiting to teach you a valuable lesson about fireworks safety!

Halloween - Visit a surreal pumpkin patch, where some jacked up Jack-O-Lanterns are ready to treat you to a trick of their own! 

Thanksgiving - Settle down to a frightful feast, where some treacherous turkeys are about to turn the tables on an unsuspecting family. 

Christmas - Wander through a crazy Christmas tree lot, where a sick Santa is using the human body parts of his victims for his decadent decorations! 

Your creepy crawl through the year's calendar ends with a truly shocking, special scarezone designed to fill your rapidly beating heart with Holiday fear! After all, in our world...everyday is Halloween! 

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

I may be alone in thinking this, but the Hollywood event deserves better than what they get every year. They dress things up to look and feel original, but they're not and there's always a ton of buildup for not much of a payoff, when it comes to the content. The scarectors are amazing and they too deserve better environments to scare in. It makes me feel that much more lucky to live in Orlando and attend the event they've built here.

In all honesty, Hollywood rather more or less do ips, they will try to their hand at doing certain things with original feels but they are based on their backlot you know, which is nothing wrong, they have many opportunities with Ips than having to make originals, whereas ours we have better chances and better executions, ips aside you know what I mean, it goes back to when we have had icons, Hollywood has only 2 icons, Director and Jack, and Murdy has stated and he doesn't like an icon taking over the event, the event is it's own thing for Hollywood which again is understandable.