HHN XX Website Updates

Mark M.

I think it will be the end of Jack and the others so in a way I'm glad Eddie doesn't have a part to play this year maybe he will get a shot later

Eddie is my favorite HHN character/icon. The fact that his ACTUAL story got scrapped due to 9/11 sucked but, I feel he was still represented well in 2006. I got to play Eddie at the end of Run: Hostile Territory and I LOVED it. I really wish he was coming back this year... But if this is the end of Jack, this is the end of all previous Icons. Which will mean Eddie is going to burn with the rest of them this year. I have a feeling it's because Roddy is no longer with HHN/Universal, and they are ringing in a new era of horror. It's completely understandable if you look at it that way. The man that created most of the houses and icons isn't here to see it through any longer, so they need to do something new.

In my honest opinion, I am glad to see them all go. Mainly because the past few years have been re-hash stories with Jack, Caretaker, and Director. Aside from introducing a couple un-creative icons (Bloody Mary, The Usher, Story Teller), Universal hasn't topped themselves very well when it comes to creative story lines in almost 6 years. HHN 14 was the last time I saw a complete re-work of the event, and so far, aside from the fun I had last year being a chainsaw, it was the best year (for me... I'm not trying to stir up arguments here). But this year seems to be a whole new direction and a pretty good farewell to what Universal has created over the past 20 years, and especially the last 10 years. Bringing in this new face of horror, Fear himself, will bring a new crowd and new interest for everyone. Especially since it's clearing the slate so we can start fresh for the next 20 years (or however long) of HHN.

To me, this is all a good thing. Sadly, I didn't get to see my favorite character portrayed this year, but I am satisfied I can let it go and start a new obsession!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie is my favorite HHN character/icon. The fact that his ACTUAL story got scrapped due to 9/11 sucked but, I feel he was still represented well in 2006. I got to play Eddie at the end of Run: Hostile Territory and I LOVED it. I really wish he was coming back this year... But if this is the end of Jack, this is the end of all previous Icons. Which will mean Eddie is going to burn with the rest of them this year. I have a feeling it's because Roddy is no longer with HHN/Universal, and they are ringing in a new era of horror.

It's completely understandable if you look at it that way. The man that created most of the houses and icons isn'there to see it through any longer, so they need to do something new.

In my honest opinion, I am glad to see them all go. Mainly because the past few years have been re-hash stories with Jack, Caretaker, and Director. Aside from introducing a couple un-creative icons (Bloody Mary, The Usher, Story Teller), Universal hasn't topped themselves very well when it comes to creative story lines in almost 6 years. HHN 14 was the last time I saw a complete re-work of the event, and so far, aside from the fun I had last year being a chainsaw, it was the best year (for me... I'm not trying to stir up arguments here). But this year seems to be a whole new direction and a pretty good farewell to what Universal has created over the past 20 years, and especially the last 10 years. Bringing in this new face of horror, Fear himself, will bring a new crowd and new interest for everyone. Especially since it's clearing the slate so we can start fresh for the next 20 years (or however long) of HHN.

To me, this is all a good thing. Sadly, I didn't get to see my favorite character portrayed this year, but I am satisfied I can let it go and start a new obsession!

well I agree for the most part but Eddie would be a new direction he is so unlike the other icons so I still hold out hope that the real Eddie Sawyer might make an appearance eventually

Has anyone noticed that saws and steam has train wheels behind it, i wonder if they might use the back to the future train as a prop, just wondering i could be wrong but i thought about it coz all i could see were train tracks....

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this and it probably isn't of much importance but if you go here and sit on the page the link/advert at the top for HHNXX has a flash file that displays various images. Most of them are pictures we've already seen but there's a few that we haven't.

Just thought I'd point that out since I haven't seen anyone mention it. Maybe someone who's better at decompiling could rip them and post them? Heh. Carry on.

The first picture with the "thing-esque" prop will probally be in Zombiegeddon. Why? It looks like the roof is white and have beams that resembles the Diaster queue. Interesting.

It updated... Mobile Terror and the white flashes(got better) in the "Fear himself window" hearing jacks laugh,Caretaker enime miney moe, and a black white cabin house also fire showng and a person with a close eye then widely open with a scary sound que.

I have no idea if this real news.

Edited by Andrew Ryan

It updated... Mobile Terror and the white flashes(got better) in the "Fear himself window" hearing jacks laugh,Caretaker enime miney moe, and a black white cabin house also fire showng and a person with a close eye then widely open with a scary sound que.

I have no idea if this real news.

I didn't see any update to the mobile terror. Are you sure? Also, I can't seem to find the "Fear himself window." Do you mean this one: http://halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/home.html because if so then I can't hear Jack or the Caretaker either?

On the main page, just after the lantern and Fear intro, there are glimpses of our five significant former icons, either in audio or visual form. Jack's laugh, the Caretaker's voice, the Director's face and camera, the Storyteller's eye, and the Usher's face and flashlight all appear on this page. Also, the lantern's flames, Fear's image, and several images of the houses (probably the parade building) appear if you just wait and watch/listen. This, however, is not new as I did see and hear these things last week.

If you go to the regular media site for Universal Orlando at..

http://media.universalorlando.com/

and watch the slideshow of photos, there are 4 images for HHN20 we havent seen yet on the HHN site under news..

Enjoy

I think there's more than four. Let me count real quick.... there's five. Hahah. The zombies, the Yoda sculpture? The weird S&M Mask looking thing, all the body parts in the cage thing, and the harlequin jester thing. I wonder where each picture is from?

Anybody get to do the survey about the HHNXX website yet? It popped up for me when I visited the site on Thursday night. I gotta say I nailed them on the survey for this years website. I hadn't seen the survey mentioned yet so I thought I'd mention it.

Cheers!!!

F.U.B.A.R.

I did and gave my two cents on the lack of interactive elements. I understand the need for a site that's appealing/easy to navigate by the general public, but there can always be the core information in ADDITION to some other backstory-heavy goodies...

Yeah I did it a few days ago. I particularly liked the question about if any of your friends and family have been to the event this year and how they liked it.

Hmmm. When I just visited the HHN website tonight the survey poped up, but that question that yoy mentioned I don't remember. I do remember a question along the lines of "have you gotten any information about this year from friends or family?".

I did and gave my two cents on the lack of interactive elements. I understand the need for a site that's appealing/easy to navigate by the general public, but there can always be the core information in ADDITION to some other backstory-heavy goodies...

I as well mentioned that lack of interactivity on the website. I am concerned that I will be a little less familiar with this event that past years, even when I know all the information given out so far. I have no feeling of how a house might be like, even while reading a description.... Maybe we will see another update or something?

I as well mentioned that lack of interactivity on the website. I am concerned that I will be a little less familiar with this event that past years, even when I know all the information given out so far. I have no feeling of how a house might be like, even while reading a description.... Maybe we will see another update or something?

I also wish there was more interactivity, but I kinda thought that was the whole point of the "bare bones" site they have now... keeping people in the dark, guessing how it will be... FEARing the unknown *wonk wonk*. lol

Still... I hope there will be at least a little more - maybe 1 or 2 more updates.

In the survey, I basically said that websites from the past have been better! I remember coming home from work and wondering "what will I be able to click on today that I couldn't yesterday, that will lead me to something new?" I remember being excited to check the website. It certainly has no bearing on us going or not, but for someone who is not as into it as a lot of us on here are, it might make a difference??