HHN XX Website Updates

Excuse me for being stupid, but where are you all getting the idea that Fear is an icon? This year seems icon-less to me, and that is not necessarily a bad thing, IMHO.

I agree that the site is just kind of meh, compared to years past. 2007 was indeed the best year for the website, but far from my favorite year in person. The website, I think, is only intended to give us an idea of what to expect, and I would much rather have a lackluster website and a totally kick ass year, than visa versa.

Has anyone else noticed that with Fear Revealed, you see the faces of the Storyteller and Jack floating in and out?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/news_index.html

That's where, haha. Watch the videos.

Thanks, but when I click that, it says "Forbidden". I sometimes just don't have the patience to click through a site looking at stuff. Guess I'll visit the site again.

Edit-actually, I can't access the site at all right now, and I was just looking at it less than 5 minutes ago. DAMMIT!

Edited by kimlovesfl

Excuse me for being stupid, but where are you all getting the idea that Fear is an icon? This year seems icon-less to me, and that is not necessarily a bad thing, IMHO.

I agree that the site is just kind of meh, compared to years past. 2007 was indeed the best year for the website, but far from my favorite year in person. The website, I think, is only intended to give us an idea of what to expect, and I would much rather have a lackluster website and a totally kick ass year, than visa versa.

Has anyone else noticed that with Fear Revealed, you see the faces of the Storyteller and Jack floating in and out?

On the conference call today, they referred to Fear as an icon. Plus it's been stated in the video about the event and news articles like others have linked to that he is an icon. So I'm thinking that pretty much solidifies the fact that he's.. an icon. ;)

They really teased us with him today on the conference though. But we're assured that more information will surface about him in weeks to come. Can't wait!

He sounds like a real mean dude lol.

I feel like this year is gonna be in your face, brutal, and scary as hell. I really hope this year is exactly that. That's how the site makes me feel. It's not flashy and over done. It's dark, it's what you need to know about the event without spoiling anything.

What Jimmy said is true. You're comparing two years that are completely different. Back on topic, downloadable wallpapers and the event map should both be up real soon. :)

actually he said EVERY previous year, which to me seems to include last year, which means my comment was applicable to the conversation.

Edited by Shotguy06

I wonder if they're going to save the interactive stuff for the Collective site and keep the main site plain and simple? You have to think that John Q. Public goes to the main site for hours, ticket prices and basic house/ zone info so not why limit the site to that content use the other site for the "insider" stuff. Makes sense to me.

Edited by LESLIEGATCHEL

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this and it probably isn't of much importance but if you go here and sit on the page the link/advert at the top for HHNXX has a flash file that displays various images. Most of them are pictures we've already seen but there's a few that we haven't.

Just thought I'd point that out since I haven't seen anyone mention it. Maybe someone who's better at decompiling could rip them and post them? Heh. Carry on.

Edited by Amber

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this and it probably isn't of much importance but if you go here and sit on the page the link/advert at the top for HHNXX has a flash file that displays various images. Most of them are pictures we've already seen but there's a few that we haven't.

Just that I'd point that out since I haven't seen anyone mention it. Maybe someone who's better at decompiling could rip them and post them? Heh. Carry on.

Amber, I noticed this yesterday and forgot to post about it. I think there are 5 "new" images.

Wow, that is very interesting, some pictures made me really curious, specially these ones

JEo11.png6YtXX.pngXE6vc.png

are they from past houses, or are they new props...?

If they are new (and I've never seen anything like them before)...

The green monster is probably Hades? None of the other houses, or scarezones for that matter, have enough of a fantasy feel to include a giant, green, dragon looking thing.

The scepter could be from several things. Zombie Gras, Dead Skeleton (I don't know Spanish)... shoot, it even reminds of the Court of Miracles scene from Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame which took place in the French Catacombs.

A torture looking device that could be PsychoScarepy, Catacombs, or perhaps even Wyandot Estate, depending on how dark its history is.

The green monster is probably Hades? None of the other houses, or scarezones for that matter, have enough of a fantasy feel to include a giant, green, dragon looking thing.

The scepter could be from several things. Zombie Gras, Dead Skeleton (I don't know Spanish)... shoot, it even reminds of the Court of Miracles scene from Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame which took place in the French Catacombs.

A torture looking device that could be PsychoScarepy, Catacombs, or perhaps even Wyandot Estate, depending on how dark its history is.

To be honest with you the "green thing" looks like one of the aliens from the Men In Black ride.

i guess its time to RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Clash-Titans-Release-Kraken.jpg

calling it!

Edited by demonfalconking

To be honest with you the "green thing" looks like one of the aliens from the Men In Black ride.

I see what you mean, looking at the colors, but I've done MiB too many times to count and he doesn't look familiar. That, and the background looks rocky/cave-ish.