HHN XX Website Updates

Has anyone made a desktop image of the lantern photo? I would love to have one but unfortunately do not possess the talent to make one. Thanks :)

1234-5.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering what everybody thought about the enviroments tab on the website... do you guys think it will list all the areas wheree houses have been held... or could it be the world that you are supposed to be in, for example Terra Cruentas or Carnival of Carnage?

I was wondering what everybody thought about the enviroments tab on the website... do you guys think it will list all the areas wheree houses have been held... or could it be the world that you are supposed to be in, for example Terra Cruentas or Carnival of Carnage?

I think it's just annother way for them to say scarezones. But what is wierd is don't they already have some sort of behind the screams tab? The legacy one? What would they need another one for?

I think it's just annother way for them to say scarezones. But what is wierd is don't they already have some sort of behind the screams tab? The legacy one? What would they need another one for?

Thats a good point because the legacy tab was pretty much all the information from the old behind the screams tab... maybe the new one will actually be like the old "production Die-ries" in '06

Thats a good point because the legacy tab was pretty much all the information from the old behind the screams tab... maybe the new one will actually be like the old "production Die-ries" in '06

That's what I was thinking myself. But why would they call it the behind the screams other than production die-aries? It very odd. But the main thing I want is on the next update a little more stuff to scavenger through and speculate other than last year when we had nearly no clickable stuff.

Stupid Question Possibly:

For the characters section on the site, does that mean they are gunna review all (examples: all SZ characters, houses, Icons)?

My guess is that it'll be the icons. And if I'm right, then it's just kind of underwhelming because we already know everything there is to know about them. hah!

My guess is that it'll be the icons. And if I'm right, then it's just kind of underwhelming because we already know everything there is to know about them. hah!

But, if I must say the general public doesn't know much info regarding info about HHN icons compared to the fanboys.

haha no doubt. but i think it would be cool to talk about the other characters too (like Eddie and Cindy)

Something seems to be going on now. Nick's device has activated showing update in all three areas Characters, Environments and Behind the Screams.

Nothing appears on the site yet but the KB of update on the indicator keep going up. It was 0.26KB of new data a moment ago, and now it's 0.27KB.

I don't know if this is a lot of new data or not, but this may be an indication of an update upload in progress?

EDIT - odd, now it's back down to 0.26 again. Another false alarm?

EDIT AGAIN - yeah, another false alarm. Now it shows no update at all.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Something seems to be going on now. Nick's device has activated showing update in all three areas Characters, Environments and Behind the Screams.

Nothing appears on the site yet but the KB of update on the indicator keep going up. It was 0.26KB of new data a moment ago, and now it's 0.27KB.

I don't know if this is a lot of new data or not, but this may be an indication of an update upload in progress?

EDIT - odd, now it's back down to 0.26 again. Another false alarm?

i was just thinking tonight would be great if we got an update this sucks.....

Edited by mikemckin123

EDIT: There appears to have either been a hiccup on my server and the way it was handling the request, or a hiccup with Universal's site. Disregard my previous post.

And just a general FYI, anytime you see the file size read 0.27kb/0.26kb, it's because the file is currently inaccessible. Which could be for one of many reasons. I'll go edit the script again and add some logic to make sure it ignores that situation to avoid confusion. But that was also reasoning behind including the file's current size on the page, hoping people would see the file is basically 0kb in size, and make the connection that there's no update, just a problem with something.

Edited by NickC

EDIT: There appears to have either been a hiccup on my server and the way it was handling the request, or a hiccup with Universal's site. Disregard my previous post.

And just a general FYI, anytime you see the file size read 0.27kb/0.26kb, it's because the file is currently inaccessible. Which could be for one of many reasons. I'll go edit the script again and add some logic to make sure it ignores that situation to avoid confusion. But that was also reasoning behind including the file's current size on the page, hoping people would see the file is basically 0kb in size, and make the connection that there's no update, just a problem with something.

Thanks Nick, I just got really excited there for a moment when I saw three big green "update!" signs and not being technically inclined I had no idea of how big or small a tenth of a KB was.

Now I'll know better.

im lost.... :mellow:

You can pretty much ignore most of my ramblings, including the one below.

Thanks Nick, I just got really excited there for a moment when I saw three big green "update!" signs and not being technically inclined I had no idea of how big or small a tenth of a KB was.

Now I'll know better.

No worries. I've updated the script a bit now, so next time that happens it won't look all exciting with big green update text.

if ( ($size_new > ( $size_old + 5) ) && ($size_new > 1) ) {

All it took was throwing in that simple 'and' logical operator (&&) to make sure the file size is greater than 1kb before throwing the "UPDATE!" text on the screen. You can also see the previous change I made where it's checking to make sure the new file's size isn't less than 5kb different than its old file size.

/nerd

Edited by NickC

if the website is just a teaser, then why is there a tab to buy tickets? correct me if im wrong, but i dont remember any teaser sites selling tickets before. and side note, anyone remember the sweet sixteen website?

they had the exact same setup with the history and everything, but as the event dates got closer and closer we saw little things like pictures cut out and different little things written on certain pictures and even jack

messing up and interrupting a video. Do you think that could be what they are doing again? plus is there any posibility of them using the inbetween of the parks again for szs and such?