Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2018 Speculation

First maze announcement tomorrow guys. Confirmed by The official Universal Studios Hollywood Twitter page.

1 minute ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Wow. This forum is dead. We got word that our first announcement is tomorrow and nobodies posted a thing about it. Shame. This is the place where I got my start speculating, it sucks to see it die down :/ 

We both posted the same news at the same exact time hahahaha

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MomoChinchi said:

I hope it doesn’t get ridiculously packed because of how popular stranger things is. Wasn’t happy with the properties last year and the lines made sure I didn’t go more than twice last year 

If you utilize early entry the right way, you can be done with everything by 10 maybe 11pm. That's what I did last year three separate times and it worked out great

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MomoChinchi said:

I hope it doesn’t get ridiculously packed because of how popular stranger things is. Wasn’t happy with the properties last year and the lines made sure I didn’t go more than twice last year 

I see this concern getting raised a lot at the ST announcement, but I think it's misplaced.

ST average viewership is quite a bit less than TWD was when it first appeared at HHN, and I don't recall that year being a madhouse.

So I don't think ST alone is going to bust the front gates.

My concern is that while TWD has strictly an adult horror fanbase, ST has a more diverse and younger fanbase.  So my fear is that Universal may expect a far younger crowd to come and they may opt to lower the gore and dare I say make it more family friendly.  Not to the extent that Dr. Jimmy suggested in his April Fools video, but more along the lines of what they did in 2001 after the terror attack.

Now, if IT also appears this year, then the combo of IT and ST will definitely pack in the crowds.

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

I see this concern getting raised a lot at the ST announcement, but I think it's misplaced.

ST average viewership is quite a bit less than TWD was when it first appeared at HHN, and I don't recall that year being a madhouse.

So I don't think ST alone is going to bust the front gates.

My concern is that while TWD has strictly an adult horror fanbase, ST has a more diverse and younger fanbase.  So my fear is that Universal may expect a far younger crowd to come and they may opt to lower the gore and dare I say make it more family friendly.  Not to the extent that Dr. Jimmy suggested in his April Fools video, but more along the lines of what they did in 2001 after the terror attack.

Now, if IT also appears this year, then the combo of IT and ST will definitely pack in the crowds.

Never even thought of that! Hope that’s not the case. 

Do u think the leak that got posted a while back is accurate? The one that had IT also in it. 

It's so sad to see this thread be so dead. The other page I've been at has 101 pages of speculation, and this one only has 6. I know this site was always geared more for Orlando, but geez, this has died down SUBSTANTIALLY in the last year or two. There's not even a Stranger Things Maze Discussion page and it's been announced for dayzzzz. First the Vault, now HNN. Fond memories. I hope this place kicks back up again.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, DTH316 said:

It's so sad to see this thread be so dead. The other page I've been at has 101 pages of speculation, and this one only has 6. I know this site was always geared more for Orlando, but geez, this has died down SUBSTANTIALLY in the last year or two. There's not even a Stranger Things Maze Discussion page and it's been announced for dayzzzz. First the Vault, now HNN. Fond memories. I hope this place kicks back up again.

Probably due to 27 being shit

• Like 1

I think the forum dying down is due to the huge shift in the community and speculation. As soon as leaked lineups started coming out speculation started dying. Hardly anybody speculates on the codenames anymore, it’s pretty much we just give our speculated lineups, the lineup leaks, and then everyone speculated what is gonna be inside the mazes. The community shifted from having a large group of people willing to work for the lineup and speculate to people who want the lineup handed to them. 

• Like 3

Stranger Things
TWD

Terror Tram

Likely:

First Purge

AHS: Cult

Halloween (2018)

Maybes:

The Strangers: Prey at Night

It

Hellfest

Get Out

Conjuring Franchise

The House with a Clock in its Walls

Truth or Dare

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:04 PM, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Wow. This forum is dead. We got word that our first announcement is tomorrow and nobodies posted a thing about it. Shame. This is the place where I got my start speculating, it sucks to see it die down :/ 

Yeah, I wondered why no one is posting anymore. 

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:32 PM, DTH316 said:

UM EXCUSE ME which page has 101 pages of speculation?!

On 4/5/2018 at 12:32 PM, DTH316 said:

I could give a ratz asz (new scarezone, Murdy?) about HHN Hollywood this year.  They lost a customer after last year.  Murdy needs to stay in Ireland.

If I go, it will only be to take my daughter, who loves ST.

Will fly out to Orlando if the originals look good

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2017 at 6:25 PM, zombieman said:

Much of what Hollywood presented this year belonged Fright Fest, not HHN.

^That's an offensive insult to Six Flag's Fright Fest event at Magic Mountain. Their event is actually quite good with some great set detail and scareactor talent. IF they actually got the budget they deserved, their event would EASILY rival HHN & Knotts. 

On 2/24/2018 at 7:59 PM, Arsik_22 said:

With there being rumors of the Classic Monsters returning to the event this year, I put together a maze announcement trailer  in hopes it actually happens. Hope you guys like it! 

^That was a very well done amazingly awesome video dude. However, my only complaint is the use of the 1943 REMAKE of Phantom of the Opera instead of the 1925 original with Lon Chaney. BUT I do LOVE both films and they did use the same opera house set inside former SS28... despite that, great editing! :wub:

On 10/28/2017 at 12:23 AM, Grindhousehero13 said:

New Mutants- doing a super hero movie as a horror movie is a fresh take and hell if it turns out good it may make for a fresh take on a maze

^HHN Orlando 2002 ....Marvel Super Hero Island became "Island Under Siege" and was under the control of Marvel villain Carnage!

"The super heroes have all been defeated. Now you're trapped in a decaying, lawless city under siege by the minions of the most vicious super villain of all, Carnage!"

Then of course Carnage himself had his own maze- "Maximum Carnage"..

"Venture into the labyrinth-like secret hideout of the malevolent Carnage, an insane criminal with incredible alien powers, who's bent on mindless destruction!"

maximum_carnage.jpg

Island-Under-Siege.jpg

island_under_siege.jpg

• Like 2

Slightly off topic, but can someone give me an idea of how much the discount for HHN tickets is if you have an annual pass? 

Also, what are the "select nights" that you can get tickets free? 

I'm considering a pass this year because I'll be in LA this week and MIGHT have time for a drop in and will definitely go in October.

Edited by dykealiscious

On 4/23/2018 at 12:43 PM, dykealiscious said:

Slightly off topic, but can someone give me an idea of how much the discount for HHN tickets is if you have an annual pass? 

I'm considering a pass this year because I'll be in LA this week and MIGHT have time for a drop in and will definitely go in October.

I've seen the discount be anywhere from $1 up to $6 extra off from any regular coupon you can find. In my opinion, it's only worth it if they're giving out really good perks for passholders, which varies year by year. Sometimes they'll have super extra early entry or free nights. Sometimes they'll give you literally nothing. 

5 minutes ago, DTH316 said:

I've seen the discount be anywhere from $1 up to $6 extra off from any regular coupon you can find. In my opinion, it's only worth it if they're giving out really good perks for passholders, which varies year by year. Sometimes they'll have super extra early entry or free nights. Sometimes they'll give you literally nothing. 

Thanks! Not worth it I guess. Especially  since I wont have time to go this week.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:43 PM, dykealiscious said:

I was a pass holder in 2016 and got $25 off the first two weekends. It gradually lowered to like a $5. Not worth it at all in my opinion. 

On 4/25/2018 at 12:37 AM, dereksdominance said:

I was a pass holder in 2016 and got $25 off the first two weekends. It gradually lowered to like a $5. Not worth it at all in my opinion. 

I concur with this.

Even the Platinum Pass gets you something like $5 off.  You get a better deal buying a ticket on the Killer Deals nights.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...