Backlot:

Metro Sets: Trick R Treat

747 Queue: Warner Bros' It

FDTD Area: AHS Asylum

New Unknown Location: Blumhouse's Halloween

Scare Zones:

AHS: Cult

The others are original concepts

The terror tram will not be featured this year and there's a 50/50 chance that we might get a new show or not.

Even though we are still early in the year and some things could change, I'm honestly really excited. 2018 is very much a Murdy-esque event since he's been wanting to do half of these mazes for a very long time. He's gonna be very passionate about making these houses, which will most likely be some of the best we've seen in years!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Henry14 said:

Once again the lineup has been leaked!

Upper Lot:

Waterworld Queue: Stranger Things

Parisian Courtyard: Universal's Classic Monsters

The Walking Dead Attraction

Lower Lot:

Revenge of the Mummy Queue: John Carpenter's The Thing

Backlot:

Metro Sets: Trick R Treat

747 Queue: Warner Bros' It

FDTD Area: AHS Asylum

New Unknown Location: Blumhouse's Halloween

Scare Zones:

AHS: Cult

The others are original concepts

The terror tram will not be featured this year and there's a 50/50 chance that we might get a new show or not.

Even though we are still early in the year and some things could change, I'm honestly really excited. 2018 is very much a Murdy-esque event since he's been wanting to do half of these mazes for a very long time. He's gonna be very passionate about making these houses, which will most likely be some of the best we've seen in years!

Meh, I'm not a fan of IT, trick r treat or stranger thinks. I'll still go primarily for the AHS but i do hope this list is vastly wrong. 

• Love 1

On 2/10/2018 at 9:41 PM, Henry14 said:

Once again the lineup has been leaked!

2018 is very much a Murdy-esque event since he's been wanting to do half of these mazes for a very long time.

When did they allow TwoTonTick back on the Internet?

In this PC climate, AHS Asylum simply isn't going to happen in Hollywood.  USH doesn't want to go there; they don't want Ron Thomas coming after them.  But hey, go ahead and flag this and wave it in my face if I'm wrong, but I won't be.  Asylum was my favorite season and I'd like to see it get it's due.  It won't this year, and maybe never.  I'm glad I got to experience it in Orlando.

Universal Classic Monsters isn't one of those things that is planned for; it's one of those things that's done when an IP falls through - as happened a few years ago in Orlando.  I seriously doubt they are planning a Classic Monster house in February - in the worst possible house location.  Classic Monsters is Murdy's true passion; you think he'd settle for Parisian Courtyard?

The thing about "leaked lineups" and other fortune-telling is that when it later ends up being wrong the person claims that it got changed.  So take this list and the supposed Orlando lineup with a 50lb salt lick.

15 hours ago, zombieman said:

When did they allow TwoTonTick back on the Internet?

In this PC climate, AHS Asylum simply isn't going to happen in Hollywood.  USH doesn't want to go there; they don't want Ron Thomas coming after them.  But hey, go ahead and flag this and wave it in my face if I'm wrong, but I won't be.  Asylum was my favorite season and I'd like to see it get it's due.  It won't this year, and maybe never.  I'm glad I got to experience it in Orlando.

Universal Classic Monsters isn't one of those things that is planned for; it's one of those things that's done when an IP falls through - as happened a few years ago in Orlando.  I seriously doubt they are planning a Classic Monster house in February - in the worst possible house location.  Classic Monsters is Murdy's true passion; you think he'd settle for Parisian Courtyard?

The thing about "leaked lineups" and other fortune-telling is that when it later ends up being wrong the person claims that it got changed.  So take this list and the supposed Orlando lineup with a 50lb salt lick.

First off let's talk about Asylum. Knotts did Paranormal Inc again this year despite last year's incident and Orlando did asylum so I don't think either of them care. Murdy was originally gonna do another Mashup after 2016 for 2017 and changed it to Roanoke and has stated multiple times it's so that he can do all of the content in one maze. That's why. If he was originally planning to do a Mashup with ASYLUM after the 2016 incident at Knotts do you think they will care to not do it for 2018? No not really. Murdy has stated that he has wanted to save a Maze slot for Asylum multiple times. Like a lot. And lastly look at this tweet.

Now let's talk about Classic Monsters which is something that Murdy has wanted to do for a long time. So first off the whole "You think he would settle for Parisian?" claim is no. He put Halloween there in 2015 and put THE SHINING a property with massive sets in Mummy last year. It depands on if it works there. In addition...

Murdy has mentioned Multiple times that making Classic Monsters scary for Audiences today would be a huge challenge so wouldn't it take a lot of time to figure it? Plus Blumhouse was just in Parisian Courtyard last year and that maze was pretty LONG. So it's good for Length.

You also don't think after last years tweets near the end of Horror Nights about Murdy wanting to leave doesn't make him not want to do a grand last year? Like what made him come back? Look at all of this properties and how huge the Lineup is. Universal and Murdy don't care about if this property offended this person or this. After last year when there were nights that were DEAD and less sold out nights than 2016 and getting LOATHED by everyone and every other haunt out there running circles around HHN you seriously don't think they aren't gonna get AHS Asylum, or Stranger Things, and IT to come to the event? Those properties are HUGE and they will bring a lot of people and if they are executed right maybe people will like the event again. This lineup seems like a big grand finale for Murdy and as a apologize for last year's event (In addition to that Murdy has always stated before he leaves he wants to do a Classic Monsters maze).

Edited by HHNManics

Paranormal Inc was presented as a ghost hunter house - NOT an asylum house.  That it takes place in an abandoned asylum is not germane.  AHS Asylum pushes every hot button that VR 5150 pushed - and then goes a lot farther.  Note that every time I talk about HHN not using Asylum I am mentioning Hollywood.  Hollywood=California=SJW nutjobs.  The same cannot be said for Orlando.  That's also why they didn't close B&T in Orlando when they shut it down in Hollywood.   The Orlando Sentinel wasn't running stories of "how insensitive HHN Orlando was" - because people in Orlando are more sane than people in Hollywood.  HHN Hollywood wouldn't even attempt the same Asylum house they did in 2006. 

I think Murdy is telling a half-truth about Asylum.  I think a mashup was presented, legal said "Asylum is out", and Murdy decided to go full Roanoke rather than a 2-season mashup.

Do I think that HHN Hollywood is going to open the Pandora's Box named Asylum because they screwed up HHN 2017?  No.  I think they continually walk on eggshells, hoping to make the most amount of money without getting pressured to shut down part of their event.   I've beat this dog to death (and hope I'm not offending PETA supporters by saying so).  So let's see what happens; I would LOVE to be wrong on this one.

Regarding Classic Monsters, that's a lot of mental hurdles to get to your conclusion.  Sure - maybe he gets to do his favorite thing to keep him running the event.  I won't argue with this.  It still seems like a terrible location for a theme so important to him.  Maybe they could figure out how to do part of it outside like they did for Purge.  

I'm still surprised that one person throws a list up here claiming it's the real deal and everyone has taken it as gospel.  It's an educated guess, people.  Aside from TWD, it's pretty safe to say at least three of those end up in 2018.  But none of us knows anything for sure until the announcement is made.

45 minutes ago, zombieman said:

I'm still surprised that one person throws a list up here claiming it's the real deal and everyone has taken it as gospel.  It's an educated guess, people.  Aside from TWD, it's pretty safe to say at least three of those end up in 2018.  But none of us knows anything for sure until the announcement is made.

but when there are many people confirming that same source then yeah people will believe it

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

While I always take the leaked lineups with a grain of salt, I do have to say that Henry14 is not pulling a twotontick. The lineup was revealed through a series of riddles given by a user on the IU forums and confirmed by several others on the forums, two of which are reliable sources who have leaked the lineup in the past. 

• Like 3

Universal Classic Monsters in Parisian Courtyard:

Enter house

Black Hallway with bright light jump scare - Wolfman

Black Hallway with bright light jump scare - Dracula

Body Bag hallway

Black Hallway with bright light jump scare - Frankenstein's Monster

Black Hallway with bright light jump scare - Mummy

Squeeze tunnel

Black Hallway with bright light jump scare - Creature from the Black Lagoon

Black Hallway with bright light jump scare - Phantom of the Opera

Black Hallway with *multiple* bright light jump scares - Wolfman/Dracula/Frank/Mummy/Creature/Phantom

Exit house

That is a Murdy-esque house if there ever was one.  It practically writes itself.

Mic drop

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Universal Classic Monsters in Parisian Courtyard:

Enter house

Black Hallway with bright light jump scare - Wolfman

Black Hallway with bright light jump scare - Dracula

Body Bag hallway

Black Hallway with bright light jump scare - Frankenstein's Monster

Black Hallway with bright light jump scare - Mummy

Squeeze tunnel

Black Hallway with bright light jump scare - Creature from the Black Lagoon

Black Hallway with bright light jump scare - Phantom of the Opera

Black Hallway with *multiple* bright light jump scares - Wolfman/Dracula/Frank/Mummy/Creature/Phantom

Exit house

That is a Murdy-esque house if there ever was one.  It practically writes itself.

Mic drop

you're all be laughing but this will probably happen lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dereksdominance said:

What a boring lineup. No surprises whatsoever. I bet Trick r Treat, The Thing, and AHS Asylum get replaced. It and Stranger Things are the only two mazes that the general public will go crazy over so I'm 99% sure those are coming. Let's just say I'm NOT counting down the days till hhn season. 

I mean for hollywood I think its a bit above average

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:47 AM, fvcking cvnt said:

I mean for hollywood I think its a bit above average

I mean it definitely is, it's just a bit, for lack of a better word, basic. I feel like when I first started going to HHN in 2010 there were always one or two IPs I never thought would be brought to life in maze form. That pretty much stopped in 2015 though, so I'll take it. Just not counting down the days in excitement if you know what I mean. 

4 hours ago, dereksdominance said:

I mean it definitely is, it's just a bit, for lack of a better word, basic. I feel like when I first started going to HHN in 2010 there were always one or two IPs I never thought would be brought to life in maze form. That pretty much stopped in 2015 though, so I'll take it. Just not counting down the days in excitement if you know what I mean. 

yeah I got u, I mean the thing is gonna be interesting at least.

I haven't seen trick r treat yet so I can't say if that'll be very interesting, for me at least (and I'm in the extreme minority it seems) the SZ last year sucked balls. The costumes were boring other than Sam himself, and the scares were almost as weak as Invasion. I only really liked the theming, do you think it'll make a good house?

Also I'm pretty excited to see the Demogorgon in my face.

The good news I can tell you is that AHS Asylum rocked my ass off, my favorite house last year, so look forward to that!

P.S. (and I'm only mentioning this because of your profile pic) how the hell haven't they made an ED2 house yet? It would be amazing.

2 hours ago, Arsik_22 said:

With there being rumors of the Classic Monsters returning to the event this year, I put together a maze announcement trailer  in hopes it actually happens. Hope you guys like it! 

This was AMAZING! I really hope this maze actually happens.

13 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

I haven't seen trick r treat yet so I can't say if that'll be very interesting, for me at least (and I'm in the extreme minority it seems) the SZ last year sucked balls. The costumes were boring other than Sam himself, and the scares were almost as weak as Invasion. I only really liked the theming, do you think it'll make a good house?

I think Trick R Treat would make a perfect maze. Trick or Treat at Knotts is so fun and really gets you in the spirit of the season. Upping the intensity with the film version and adding in the extra scares would be superb.

I just feel like Hollywood will replace Thing, Trick r Treat or Asylum with other IPs that might attract more general audiences. That's just my thought.

Evil Dead 2 wouldn't attract the general audiences. Ash v Evil Dead had significantly low wait times at all points of any night so I think HHN is done for a few years with the property.  

Edited by dereksdominance

12 hours ago, dereksdominance said:

I just feel like Hollywood will replace Thing, Trick r Treat or Asylum with other IPs that might attract more general audiences. That's just my thought.

Well that's quite the opposite for me.

AHS Asylum is perhaps the most popular and well received Season by the Fans of AHS so it will attract the AHS Fans.

Last year in Orlando Trick r Treat was a Scare Zone and proved that a Property doesn't have to be popular to be well received, it just has to be fun and good. And that was the highest rated scare zone of last year. So it will attract HHN Fans who have been waiting for it for awhile and Horror Fans who like the property.

The Thing has been rumored for a long time and is extremely liked and popular amongst many people. Just like Shining people are gonna flop to the Event to see The Thing come to life.

IT And Stranger Things are marketing gifts and most likely will be the marketing pull. Classic Monsters is very popular amongst horror fans. And Halloween has a new film and Michael will also most likely be a marketing pull.

I mean look at Metro Sets nearly every maze in that venue has been a lesser known property than everything else (Crimson Peak, Krampus, Ash Vs Evil Dead, and now Trick r Treat).

There's absolutely no reason why any of this properties will be replaced or pulled unless a Conjuring/Scream Esc Situation happens.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, HHNManics said:

Last year in Orlando Trick r Treat was a Scare Zone and proved that a Property doesn't have to be popular to be well received, it just has to be fun and good. And that was the highest rated scare zone of last year. So it will attract HHN Fans who have been waiting for it for awhile and Horror Fans who like the property.

I think the thing is that in Hollywood the management plays it safe more than Orlando does, so they don't get any originals or any creative IPs

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HHNManics said:

Well that's quite the opposite for me.

AHS Asylum is perhaps the most popular and well received Season by the Fans of AHS so it will attract the AHS Fans.

The Thing has been rumored for a long time and is extremely liked and popular amongst many people. Just like Shining people are gonna flop to the Event to see The Thing come to life.

IT And Stranger Things are marketing gifts and most likely will be the marketing pull. Classic Monsters is very popular amongst horror fans. And Halloween has a new film and Michael will also most likely be a marketing pull.

I mean look at Metro Sets nearly every maze in that venue has been a lesser known property than everything else (Crimson Peak, Krampus, Ash Vs Evil Dead, and now Trick r Treat).

There's absolutely no reason why any of this properties will be replaced or pulled unless a Conjuring/Scream Esc Situation happens.

You make great points. I'd love to be proven wrong because these are the mazes I'm most looking forward to. Asylum will have some problems as we all know because of the Knott's fiasco with their insane asylum attraction, so we will see. I'm thinking that Universal is trying to cater to general audiences at their event, because most casual fans on Twitter are requesting It, Stranger Things, and very well known properties. At last years event Insidious and Saw consistently has high wait times, while Shining had some high and some very low wait times. Going with coworkers, not one of them knew what the Shining even was, so I doubt many know of The Thing and Trick r Treat outside of the horror community. Just my observations and thoughts though and I completely understand where you're coming from. I hope Universal does keep to this lineup as it's pretty well balanced.