HHN 2017 Speculation

On 8/23/2017 at 10:53 AM, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

I've noticed they tend to send groups of 20 people or so at a time and space out inbetween the groups, however the main issue I see is the people in the front of the group move really slow because they're scared to move forward and that ends up holding the whole group back and eventually clogging up the maze and creating the Congo line. I guess the only way to remedy this would be to send smaller groups and space them out more, but wait times would get way longer. They could always sell less tickets but it's a money making business so they're going to cram as many people into the pro as they can.

I also usually see those people who don't want to do stuff; like in the 'Walking Dead' maze one year, a woman didn't want to walk through the semi truck with walkers in it and that held up everyone for quite a while. 

2 minutes ago, StraightEdge said:

when they announcing the last 2 mazes though?

i was so sure we were gonna get one today. Maybe tomorrow? John said on twitter we should expect it by the end of the week, but hes said that before and it never came sooooo

1 hour ago, Jcs1707 said:

i was so sure we were gonna get one today. Maybe tomorrow? John said on twitter we should expect it by the end of the week, but hes said that before and it never came sooooo

I just wonder what the hold up is. Usually announcements come early and strong, but this year it seems like they're holding off until the last moment to reveal everything. 

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:25 AM, WESKER69 said:

These are such brainwashed leg-humping fanboy responses. "HHN IZ TEH BEST EVENT EVA!!!" :rolleyes:

Because they keep it simple?... so they keep it dumbed down so the guests don't actually have to use their brains. Got it. No wonder movies are so bad nowadays. Everything has to be kept simple so the audience isn't challenged in any way.

Scaring people in their signature style? HHN doesn't have a signature style. Its "Murdy's style", which means "same crap, different IP" (or same IP multiple times). The event will become stale if it relies on the same thing over & over. Even Orlando has fallen victim of it several times.

Knotts... 45th year, we wouldn't have HHN if it wasn't for Knotts... This will only be Hollywood's 18th year. Bash Knotts all you want, but clearly they know what they're doing.

Fright Fest has also been doing their event longer than Hollywood & have also learned over the years. It used to be the butt of haunt jokes, but they're stepping up their game.

HHN is a great event, but lets not kid ourselves. It is NOT "the best" event ever. It is just the event that most of us grew up with and/or attended the most. There are smaller haunts, standalone haunts, & home haunts that have done better stuff than HHN.

I made an argument and provided concrete examples if you had the energy to read them. I would not consider myself a fanboy of HHN because believe me, I've met people that made fun of me for even attending Knotts last year. Those "HHN or bust" people are the fanboys in my opinion. I love variety in all haunts and each of the haunts I listed has strengths, which I decided not to mention because, you know, this is an HHN forum. I'd love to hear about the haunts you honestly think are better because like I stated, I like a variety of haunts. 

Considering Murdy is the CREATIVE DIRECTOR, it's pretty obvious that the event is HIS style. Are you trying to make a point here? Maybe I should have dumbed down my response. 

And I wholeheartedly believe that a haunt should be somewhat simple in storyline because with all the sensory overload of the scareactors, lights, sounds, and smells, it's a bit difficult to really stand there and interpret each room. I need to be able to know what's happening in a matter of seconds for me to understand it. For example a few years ago at a haunt there was a room with triangular mirrors and horse head scareactors. It had a point and was part of the story of the haunt but it was such an intricate film- like storyline that I and no one else in my group understood it and therefore the scare factor was lost. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

when they announcing the last 2 mazes though?

I think one will be tomorrow since it's the first day of scareactor orientation and that to me is the second to last milestone before the event itself. 

3 hours ago, bendelthegreat said:

I just wonder what the hold up is. Usually announcements come early and strong, but this year it seems like they're holding off until the last moment to reveal everything. 

They're most likely going to announce Insidious tomorrow and then leave Blumhouse for last since the IP's within the house include Get Out (which I think the Hype train is too big). 

• Like 1

What is scary or not scary, creative or not creative, is so subjective that you can't always hit, you're bound to miss once in a while. Sure HHN has it's kinks and flaws, but it's just flat out fun. And I'm not a bootlicking fangirl. My heart lies with Knott's as it was the first haunt I ever attended, 20 years ago now. I remember my mom taking me to Horror Nights in 1997 when most considered me to be way too young (just a hair shy of 7) and I was in awe! The Monsterquarium maze (in my memory) was pure blood and guts camp, and that to me is what the event is all about. Walk me through movies, walk me through your weird mashup of monsters I've seen on the screen. It's a living art exhibit and it's just damn fun!

As for this year, I'm really excited to see what they do with Ash vs Evil Dead! And I've had nothing but amazing scares in all incarnations of the Insidious mazes, so I have high hopes this one will be no different. Is it September 16th yet?!!?

Side note : Mad props to you scare actors on here. I've had the opportunity to participate in a local haunt and it was not easy to keep up the energy when your costume/makeup gets hot and the guests act like morons.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

55 minutes ago, StraightEdge said:

Murdy confirmed on Twitter that the next announcement is Monday. I have a feeling the final announcement (Blumhouse) will be September 1st since it's the first of the month, the month the event starts and it's a Friday.

Or you know Insidious and Blumhouse are both announced on Monday because they both are the same company.

6 hours ago, instamatic said:

I remember my mom taking me to Horror Nights in 1997 when most considered me to be way too young (just a hair shy of 7) and I was in awe! The Monsterquarium maze (in my memory) was pure blood and guts camp, and that to me is what the event is all about.

Squeee... I'd love to hear more about this maze. I wish there was pics and/or video footage of it.

The fact that you got to go to Hollywood's 3rd HHN event is just awesome.

The Horros of Blumhouse:

Sinister, The Purge, Happy Death day. 

Ending will be Big Daddy (giant Minigun from Purge Anarchy) 

Insidious Ch. 4:

All four insidious movies.

Major demon from new movie/maze is keydemon. Has keys for fingers. 

Ending will be 5 different demon scares.

Titans of Terror: 

Begins with house tour where boy falls asleep watching terrible acting on Murdy's part. 

1st monster is Freddy, you enter his realm through the nightmares of the little boy. 

2nd monster is Jason, Camp crystal lake

3rd monster is Leatherface. 

Ending includes all three 

Stilt liberty lady will be returning. Stilt walkers will be in metro sets in the Urban Inferno SZ as the king and queen of hell. 

I know the surprise ending to AHS. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LeakyBumBum said:

The Horros of Blumhouse:

Sinister, The Purge, Happy Death day. 

Ending will be Big Daddy (giant Minigun from Purge Anarchy) 

Insidious Ch. 4:

All four insidious movies.

Major demon from new movie/maze is keydemon. Has keys for fingers. 

Ending will be 5 different demon scares.

Titans of Terror: 

Begins with house tour where boy falls asleep watching terrible acting on Murdy's part. 

1st monster is Freddy, you enter his realm through the nightmares of the little boy. 

2nd monster is Jason, Camp crystal lake

3rd monster is Leatherface. 

Ending includes all three 

Stilt liberty lady will be returning. Stilt walkers will be in metro sets in the Urban Inferno SZ as the king and queen of hell. 

I know the surprise ending to AHS. 

you know anything of saw?

He only got to see an hour of the newest movie, so most of the traps are from the first seven movies. 

Bucket trap is the only one form the new one. But he's going to change it so there are chains hanging from the room and saws are coming in from the sides, moved by blackouts. 

Rack trap is coming back 

Knife Chair.

Water box trap. 

The reverse bear trap from the 7th movie. The one used on Jill specifically. 

Pendulum swing trap. 

Razor wire trap

Billy the puppet will be controlled by a blackout person so he'll slowly wheel into the scene. 

Will be returning to the Bathroom from the OG film. But it will be from Saw 7 where all the dead bodies are. That will be the final scene.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LeakyBumBum said:

He only got to see an hour of the newest movie, so most of the traps are from the first seven movies. 

Bucket trap is the only one form the new one. But he's going to change it so there are chains hanging from the room and saws are coming in from the sides, moved by blackouts. 

Rack trap is coming back 

Knife Chair.

Water box trap. 

The reverse bear trap from the 7th movie. The one used on Jill specifically. 

Pendulum swing trap. 

Razor wire trap

Billy the puppet will be controlled by a blackout person so he'll slowly wheel into the scene. 

Will be returning to the Bathroom from the OG film. But it will be from Saw 7 where all the dead bodies are. That will be the final scene.

i know it may be risky but can you tell me how some of the traps will be used, like what the actors will do

oh and what scenes from other houses will be repeated for titans of terror?

1 minute ago, themazethinker said:

oh sorry, and like before what scenes from other mazes will be reused for titans of terror? and which sections of the terror tram will be used for the kilers?

The snake Freddy will be reused but in a different way, Freddy's facade will be the boiler room. There's a scene where he sticks his entire hand through a lady's chest. The scene where people are hanging from their tendons and veins will also be included. 

Freddy has camp Crystal lake and you enter it by seeing the sign for the camp fallen atop some corpse. You see Jason in his old bedroom (tiny bed) some of the kills include a the folding someone in half,  and a vice kill. Some of his facade will be from his hideout/lair from the remake. 

Leatherface will have a slaughter house (which was never in any film) and the interior of the family home. Three masks for leather face (old lday, pretty girl, and OG mask). One of the scenes is him cutting someone's face off. 

Can't remember the first two monsters and their areas, but Freddy will be over at the War of the Worlds downed plane. All the rescuers (fire fighters, EMTs, cops) including civilians will be Freddys in different outfits, like he's being multiple people. The pictures he showed us were hilarious. Also, chucky hosts the tram and the video ends with him using a spell so that he can posses other people. Since it's hard to cast for Chucky he's having him put a spell on other people and so there will be different sizes chuckys. 

1 minute ago, LeakyBumBum said:

The snake Freddy will be reused but in a different way, Freddy's facade will be the boiler room. There's a scene where he sticks his entire hand through a lady's chest. The scene where people are hanging from their tendons and veins will also be included. 

Freddy has camp Crystal lake and you enter it by seeing the sign for the camp fallen atop some corpse. You see Jason in his old bedroom (tiny bed) some of the kills include a the folding someone in half,  and a vice kill. Some of his facade will be from his hideout/lair from the remake. 

Leatherface will have a slaughter house (which was never in any film) and the interior of the family home. Three masks for leather face (old lday, pretty girl, and OG mask). One of the scenes is him cutting someone's face off. 

Can't remember the first two monsters and their areas, but Freddy will be over at the War of the Worlds downed plane. All the rescuers (fire fighters, EMTs, cops) including civilians will be Freddys in different outfits, like he's being multiple people. The pictures he showed us were hilarious. Also, chucky hosts the tram and the video ends with him using a spell so that he can posses other people. Since it's hard to cast for Chucky he's having him put a spell on other people and so there will be different sizes chuckys. 

anyway few more questions, what scenes will be used for sinister, in the shining will the bathroom ghost be there,