HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

The UOAP email recieved today there was a reminder to passholders to book their discounted tickets, as if we havent already...lol!!

But I found an interesting line in the sourcing: 

yucs-trigger .Icon
  .yucs-trigger b {
  line-height: 22px !important;
  height: 22px !important;
  }
  .yucs-trigger .Icon {
  font-size: 22px !important;
  }
  .yucs-trigger .AlertBadge,
  .yucs-trigger .MailBadge {
  line-height: 13px !important;
  height: 13px !important;
  }
  .yucs-mail_link_att.yucs-property-frontpage #yucs-mail_link_id i.Icon {
  text-indent: -9999em;
  }

/* mail badge */

I have no idea what im looking at  was hoping for us, that this means something??

5 minutes ago, Tich0las said:

While we wait for an announcement (hopefully without withholding our breath)...

I wanted to mention I have been cast for HHN 27! I auditioned yesterday and was offered a role. I'd like to thank those of you on this forum who allowed me to blow up your inbox and helped answer my audition questions! 

I wasn't told not to say anything about the audition, so I'll go ahead and mention one thing that stood out: They were asking if anyone would be willing to go completely bald for a role. 

Congratulations! That is so exciting! Hopefully, you can give us more details later so we can be on the lookout for you! Bald eh? I wonder what that could mean?

42 minutes ago, WannabeIcon said:

The UOAP email recieved today there was a reminder to passholders to book their discounted tickets, as if we havent already...lol!!

But I found an interesting line in the sourcing: 

yucs-trigger .Icon
  .yucs-trigger b {
  line-height: 22px !important;
  height: 22px !important;
  }
  .yucs-trigger .Icon {
  font-size: 22px !important;
  }
  .yucs-trigger .AlertBadge,
  .yucs-trigger .MailBadge {
  line-height: 13px !important;
  height: 13px !important;
  }
  .yucs-mail_link_att.yucs-property-frontpage #yucs-mail_link_id i.Icon {
  text-indent: -9999em;
  }

/* mail badge */

I have no idea what im looking at  was hoping for us, that this means something??

Devil's advocate: "Icon" is actually referring to an icon for something, not a physical HHN icon. The fact it's capitalized might be coding thought I'm not expert.

Not gonna deny, since the most recent HHN Twitter response is suspicious but you can't trust those either way.

3 minutes ago, Tich0las said:

Thanks! I feel quite lucky since in our group of 20, only 5 were cast. 

Once I'm allowed to share info on my role, I'll definitely post it!  BTW I was not one of the brave souls to volunteer to go bald. 

Congrats! So how does auditioning/casting work at Uni?

12 hours ago, MoonKnight said:

The first year I went to HHN was 2012 the first Sunday in October me and some friends were doing a bachelor party weekend and went to a Bucs game in Tampa and on the way back decided to go. We didn't get express, didn't even know it was a thing until I saw 2 lines for all the houses. The lines were pretty bad and one of my friends was dogging the event all night because of the waits. I Promised myself if I ever got to go back had get an express pass. Ive been lucky to go twice since and will never go again without an express pass. I only go for a weekend from New Orleans, so if I want to see everything and still enjoy everything I have to. I'm going this year and will definitely be getting express again.

ive never been on the UTH tour and was thinking of doing that also. Can someone give me an idea of how long is the tour? Any word if pics will be allowed? 

Its split into 2 tours. The am and afternoon tour. both tend to be about 4 hours each, and if you do both together there is a lunch break in between. I finally had a chance to do a combo tour in 2015 and LOVED!! it. Run went from being a mediocre house for me to well still kinda mediocre but it was a lot more enjoyable knowing what was going on. You also learn about all the little details the design team puts into each house that you really cant see at night. Its also fun to play the game of what year was this prop from and finding all the easter eggs within the house (like the Dead Silence doll and Billy from Saw being ion the Dollhouse of the Damned house in '14 and the shark and Delorean toys in the graveyard in AWIL in '13).

3 minutes ago, Tich0las said:

You have to *try* to get an audition spot online when they open - I emailed for a stand by spot and got lucky.

You check in at HR, get a picture taken, fill out paper work, and then wait about an hour.

They call your number within a group of 20 people, you go into a different building, and wait about another 30 min.

Once you get into the audition space, they line you up in 4 rows of 5 in front of the casting directors.  When prompted, you step forward, say your name, and answer a question.  My groups' question was "What's your favorite scary movie." After everyone answered, they also asked if anyone was willing to go bald. 

They move you you into another room, where you wait another 15 min. A few people get called back in for additional questions. 

Finally, they separate the group into hired/rejected. Those hired go back to HR and go through paper work for another hour.

Thanks for telling me, the audition process sounds pretty tedious but it's definitely worth it.

1 hour ago, Tich0las said:

While we wait for an announcement (hopefully without withholding our breath)...

I wanted to mention I have been cast for HHN 27! I auditioned yesterday and was offered a role. I'd like to thank those of you on this forum who allowed me to blow up your inbox and helped answer my audition questions! 

I wasn't told not to say anything about the audition, so I'll go ahead and mention one thing that stood out: They were asking if anyone would be willing to go completely bald for a role. 

Congrats! A word of advice--anything that happens backstage is confidential for the most part. Nobody is outright looking for people to slip, but you never know what might be frowned upon. Hence why I do not peep about anything work-related anywhere ;)

13 minutes ago, Alice said:

Congrats! A word of advice--anything that happens backstage is confidential for the most part. Nobody is outright looking for people to slip, but you never know what might be frowned upon. Hence why I do not peep about anything work-related anywhere ;)

Noted. Thanks for the heads up. 

1 hour ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Not sure if this was said with a wink or not, but I'm thinking that physical characteristic would fit really well with Blumhouse.

Especially with the Fact that with our Insidious Maze in 2015 we had a Scare Actor who was bald and played the character who said "He's got your baby!". Seeing as though Insidious will be apart of your guy's Blumhouse Mashup.

34 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

Especially with the Fact that with our Insidious Maze in 2015 we had a Scare Actor who was bald and played the character who said "He's got your baby!". Seeing as though Insidious will be apart of your guy's Blumhouse Mashup.

That wasn't quite the part that I had in mind.

12 minutes ago, Alice said:

The latest audition email is public knowledge--specifically requesting "Female  5’ 1” and under, petite build, with youthful childlike appearance". 

Cindy?

They would need small petite girls to play the role of the twins from The Shining.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Roadkill013 said:

Its split into 2 tours. The am and afternoon tour. both tend to be about 4 hours each, and if you do both together there is a lunch break in between. I finally had a chance to do a combo tour in 2015 and LOVED!! it. Run went from being a mediocre house for me to well still kinda mediocre but it was a lot more enjoyable knowing what was going on. You also learn about all the little details the design team puts into each house that you really cant see at night. Its also fun to play the game of what year was this prop from and finding all the easter eggs within the house (like the Dead Silence doll and Billy from Saw being ion the Dollhouse of the Damned house in '14 and the shark and Delorean toys in the graveyard in AWIL in '13).

I will add my $0.02 about the UTH tour (have done every one since they began it in 2005).  In my opinion, the best way to do it is to first go through the houses during HHN, THEN do the UTH tour on your second day and follow it up with HHN again.  It's really getting to experience each house two times (before and after the backstory).  As Roadkill mentioned, you'll be surprised how much mediocre houses become favorites.  Plus, when you are told where the GATs are, you will better know where to look.

And before anyone asks, GAT=Guest Activated Trigger.  i.e. a button or device that any guest can push to cause an effect, such as one of the vines in Tomb of the Ancients last year.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, zombieman said:

And before anyone asks, GAT=Guest Activated Trigger.  i.e. a button or device that any guest can push to cause an effect, such as one of the vines in Tomb of the Ancients last year.

I though the GATS in HHN 24 at Giggles and Gore made that house more fun for sure, just to second your medicore house becoming a bit more entertaining!!

Edited by WannabeIcon

I have a question about Unmasking the Horror tour (in all the 10 years I've been going [I'm getting old :(] I've never done UTH), getting it as a surprise anniversary present for my Shining/Kubrick obsessed boyfriend, I was wondering how the 6 houses for the longer tour get chosen? I've decided on the 6 house tour mainly for The Shining- are the more popular IP houses usually chosen for the tours? 

11 minutes ago, mermaidvomit said:

I have a question about Unmasking the Horror tour (in all the 10 years I've been going [I'm getting old :(] I've never done UTH), getting it as a surprise anniversary present for my Shining/Kubrick obsessed boyfriend, I was wondering how the 6 houses for the longer tour get chosen? I've decided on the 6 house tour mainly for The Shining- are the more popular IP houses usually chosen for the tours? 

There are few factors that go into house selection such as space (Insidious was out because of this in '15 and TOA last year). They tend to try and go through the really popular IPs like AHS in '16 and in '14 Halloween and in '15 FvJ and a few originals. Most likely we will see Shining on this years list. As far as if it will happen in the morning or afternoon tours that I'm not sure.

Also on a side note (to complain a little) I'm seeing memories on like FB pop up about past house announcements and it's making me more upset that we've reached this dry spell with no communication from marketing. I understand if they don't want to announce a house, but maybe start teasing something. You can tell a major difference now that Mike is not tweeting much any more about HHN.

• Like 2

Discussion has died quite a bit with lack of announcements so I'll quote this from HHNU:

" As reported this week by HHNU Universal needs more scareactors, so they have released a list of body types to fill unspecified scareactor roles, they include:

• 5′ 1” and under females with petite and youthful (childlike) appearance.
  • 5′ 6” to 5′ 10” African American females of athletic build.
  • 5′ 10” or taller females with a slim build.
  • 5′ 10” to 6′ 2” slender build males with ‘facial features’ (?) able to appear 30-39.
  • White males of age range 40 to 50.
  • 5′ 11′ to 6′ 5” slender build males.
  • 5′ 11′ or taller African American males of athletic build and must be tattoo free on chest, arms, abdomen, hands and neck.
  • Male and female Stilt Walkers Maximum up to weight 190lbs.
  • Seeking male stilt walkers 6’ – 6’ 8” in height . Must have previous BigFoot Stilt Walking Experience.

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm thinking the first bullet is the twins from the Shining, the African American males that need to be free of tattoos I'm assuming is the Coven aspect of AHS. Not sure about any of the others. 

• Like 2