HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

11 minutes ago, TheLadyGator said:

I love hearing about everyone's HHN traditions! Since news is scarce now, I'll ask another question to prompt discussion: Who here splurges on Express passes? I know my fiance and I do, but I have friends who avidly love HHN yet still don't buy it. I think for something I go to at least 20 times, it just makes sense. Thoughts? 

I know I'm in the minority, but we actually don't.

My wife and I always go for the Frequent Fear Pass, and plan to attend three nights out of the week that we're there (Sun, Wed,Thu). We get there early, and hit as many houses as possible before the lines get too crazy (usually 4-5). Then, we see one of the shows, ride some rides, drink some Fishy Green Ale, etc. Once the crowds start to dim down a bit, we hit one or two more houses, and call it a night.

Between all three nights, it has never been a problem to see what we'd like to see, not feel rushed, and usually end up with extra time and check out early one or two nights.

That also affords us the ability to use the money NOT spent on express to do the Unmasking the Horror tour and buy some merch.

We fly down from IL, stay on property (this will be 3 years in a row at Cabana bay), get the ROF tickets with express. Go 3 or 4 nights in a row (3 this year), done the UTH tour a few times too.... throw in the outlet mall and we spend a f**king ton of money. But its our favorite thing to do so we splurge. We aren't rich by any means but we are doing well enough to do HHN every year. And if you're lucky enough to be at HHN you're lucky enough!

I told my 14 year old nephew who lives in Vero Beach that I would take him for his birthday this year. I didnt realize that one night with express was gonna cost me $150!!!! jesus Uni cut an uncle some slack!

Edited by PeoriaBJJ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

I keep hearing stuff about people that went the Sunday after the hurricane and couldn't even do anything it was so crowded. I went that night and was able to do all the houses once without express and see Academy of Villains. I've never bought express out of the three years I've gone and I've never had a problem. You just have to go in with a plan. 

I was there the same night. It was a little busier than the average Sunday, but we did 4 of the 9 houses and B&T, plus Scarezones. AND we left at 11:00

46 minutes ago, TheLadyGator said:

I love hearing about everyone's HHN traditions! Since news is scarce now, I'll ask another question to prompt discussion: Who here splurges on Express passes? I know my fiance and I do, but I have friends who avidly love HHN yet still don't buy it. I think for something I go to at least 20 times, it just makes sense. Thoughts? 

Because I come from California for 3 nights a year, going without Express is not an option.  If I lived in Orlando I'd probably skip the pass.  Thank God for ROF+Express

Edited by zombieman
  • Like 6

I tend to buy the express pass or do ROF+Express only because I've had to wait in those 1-2 hour lines and wish not to ever again. I will say last year I went with my wife and our 2 friends and I was the only one who had gone before, and they wouldn't listen to my tales of the long lines that could occur and the perks of the express pass. Ended up they left earlier because they didn't want to wait in long lines. This year I'm taking my mom (she's the reason I love horror so much) and my wife for like 5 days so we decided to save a little and not do express.

Also I was there the weekend the hurricane hit driving down from SC. Drove down the west coast to Tampa (hurricane was on east coast) to visit my dad then up the east coast home back towards the hurricane I just avoided.

Edited by Roadkill013

This will be year #4 for me in a row. It started with 3 nights with RoF. Then It moved up to 6 nights year 2 with RoF +Express. Last year I went 8 nights with RoF + Express. This year I am planning on between 10-13 nights depending on the pass I get. I can't decide if I want Saturdays or not. However, whatever pass I end up buying will be with Express.

To me, I save up for this event all year...I am far from "rich". It has become a yearly tradition now and it seems like each year I just keep going for longer and longer. If i'm already dropping so much money on a hotel, airfare, food, etc, whats and extra $200? I am spending all this money to have a great time and totally escape the "real world". I don't want to be stuck waiting in hour long waits. I want to get my moneys worth and be able to see all the houses every night I go without rushing around or thinking of ways to beat the crowds. A lot of the times, one or two trips through a house is not enough. You will NEVER see every scareactor in one go. Last year I went thru a total of 91 times and it didn't matter what house it was, I was always finding some new detail or seeing a new actor every time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Badge said:

This will be year #4 for me in a row. It started with 3 nights with RoF. Then It moved up to 6 nights year 2 with RoF +Express. Last year I went 8 nights with RoF + Express. This year I am planning on between 10-13 nights depending on the pass I get. I can't decide if I want Saturdays or not. However, whatever pass I end up buying will be with Express.

To me, I save up for this event all year...I am far from "rich". It has become a yearly tradition now and it seems like each year I just keep going for longer and longer. If i'm already dropping so much money on a hotel, airfare, food, etc, whats and extra $200? I am spending all this money to have a great time and totally escape the "real world". I don't want to be stuck waiting in hour long waits. I want to get my moneys worth and be able to see all the houses every night I go without rushing around or thinking of ways to beat the crowds. A lot of the times, one or two trips through a house is not enough. You will NEVER see every scareactor in one go. Last year I went thru a total of 91 times and it didn't matter what house it was, I was always finding some new detail or seeing a new actor every time. 

I know for me, having the Express pass makes me able to appreciate the event ambiance a little bit more. The first night is always "MUST DO ALL OF THE HOUSES" since we've waited so long. But once I've seen everything, I like to engage more with the scarezone actors and people watch. I think one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life is one of the Chainsaw Rednecks last year in Springfield making a 200-lb jock sprint about 50 yards. It's those little things that having Express tends to give me. But I can see how planning better would help. However, I live in Orlando, so my cost is only admission and then alcohol and merch. No flights or hotels (except Hard Rock for my birthday in October!).

• Like 2

We've made our own HHN playlist that we start playing pretty consistently once summer starts (and sometimes randomly throughout the year).  The one song that really, really makes me think of HHN is Room of An Angel from Silent Hill. You know, that was back in the days when we would get some really cool teaser trailer for the house announcement.  I didn't LOVE Silent Hill as a house necessarily, but the music is AWESOME.  It's first on the list.. followed by Alessa's Harmony (also from SH), and the God Particle from Angels and Demons.  Those three give me chills.. I can literally visualize huge sections of scarezones when I listen to this.. and I see it in slow motion like a video. :)

As for express - I wouldn't go to HHN without Express.. not even going four weekends.  I'm too old for that standing in line crap.  Plus, it's always fun to play the game of "should we stand in the regular line for this house and save the express for later"?  To see how many times we can get thru one house.  Timing is everything.  My record on a busy night was going thru the original AWIL 5 times in a night.  

Btw, still annoyed, so tweeted this:

tweet.png

• Like 5

Yea I get that if you go with a plan you can avoid lines but since I can only go one night a year I want to be able to do everything without having to plan just take a stroll through scarezones and enter houses as I please.  When I got into the park last year AHS was the first house I did and it was already a 2 hour wait when I came in through the gate, and it was at 90 minutes when we left.  No way I was going to wait that, without the pass I wouldn't have been able to experience it.  

I am a huge fan of touring plans and guides otherwise, I use them when I go to Disney or UO during the day but for HHN express passes are a must for me. 

This will be my 8th year in a row. For HHN 20, 21, and 22, I only went up once a year and never bought express. For HHN 23, it was the first year I bought express and it was worth it! Then for HHN 24-26 I bought the ROF ticket without express only because I would go for 4 nights. It really does depend on how you plan out your nights. If you go for more then 2 nights, you really don't need express. But if you can only go up for a weekend, it's highly recommended. 

I remenber last year, on our first day we hit Lunatic's (5 times), Halloween, Texas Chain Saw, and TWD with in the first 4 hours. I know this year I'm getting the Ultimate Fear Pass and I cannot wait for this year's event! 

This will also be our 8th year flying down to HHN. We've gotten express every year we've visited. After witnessing the lines the 1st year we attended my wife (who loves the event too) proclaimed that we either get express when we visit or she won't go. With that being said, it's definitely worth spending the extra cash to get it. We're relatively old and don't want to spend our time waiting in lines all night. I just don't get how people can visit and do everything without it, especially without doing Stay and Scream. I can't even begin to imagine the number of guests we've basically cut in front of using it multiple nights (all the houses) for all these years. It sure feels good walking by them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BrentMatheson said:

This  will be my first time going to HHN.  My best friend and I are going.  My wife told me that we should make it an annual trip from now on.  I have a great wife!   I have to ask: is this the way things go each year as far as announcements go?   By the time I got flight tickets (I am from Canada), RIP tour, tickets to Universal, hotel, and HHN tickets, it is a lot to shell out essentialy sight unseen.  I am sure it wil be great and I bought in based on its reputation, but still this is not the way I usually spend this much cash.   Surely, they know what houses are being done by now?  And the pithy comments on the HHN Twitter feed doesn't help.  Anyhow, any perspective is appreciated.  I don't want to sound like a whiner, but a bit more transparency would really make me feel more comfortable with the whole thing.  Thanks.

I can still remember my first HHN, all the way back in '07!
It varies year to year how they handle announcements on what will be featured. In 2008 and 2009, for instance, we learned well in advance what Houses will be featured, through a combination of heavy- yet- awesome hints on the official website and unofficial leaked info on forums like this.
For this year, we have two officially- confirmed Houses so far:
American Horror Story
The Shining
As for not- yet- officially- confirmed- but- it's- pretty- much- guaranteed Houses, here are those:
Saw
Ash vs. the Evil Dead
A House featuring a mashup of various films by Blumhouse

A House that's a mashup/ combination of two popular Houses from earlier years: Catacombs and Gothic.

A House involving scarecrows in the Dust Bowl

A voodoo- themed House which will almost certainly be called 'Bayou of Blood.'

A vampire- themed House.
Plus, in terms of shows, they will be bringing back the popular 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure' show, and Academy of Villains will have a new live show.

You're an idiot if you go at the beginning of the event for multiple days without the Rush of Fear + Express.

Spoken by an idiot who bought single day tickets for like 7 years...

And then graduated to moron with RoF without express for a couple more....

Yeah, learn from my mistakes and go early and often with RoF+Express.  Can't go wrong and certainly will get your money's worth.

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, TheLadyGator said:

The first year I went to HHN was 2012 the first Sunday in October me and some friends were doing a bachelor party weekend and went to a Bucs game in Tampa and on the way back decided to go. We didn't get express, didn't even know it was a thing until I saw 2 lines for all the houses. The lines were pretty bad and one of my friends was dogging the event all night because of the waits. I Promised myself if I ever got to go back had get an express pass. Ive been lucky to go twice since and will never go again without an express pass. I only go for a weekend from New Orleans, so if I want to see everything and still enjoy everything I have to. I'm going this year and will definitely be getting express again.

ive never been on the UTH tour and was thinking of doing that also. Can someone give me an idea of how long is the tour? Any word if pics will be allowed? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, b-wolf95 said:

Really.  They think psychopaths are offensive to people with mental disabilities.  News flash, SJWs: most people with mental disabilities are aware that psychopaths aren't meant to be stand-in for them.  In fact, censoring psychopaths because of people with mental disabilities is even more offensive than just having psychopaths.

Not to be that guy, but you've been talking to a multiply disabled and mentally ill person this whole time, and they REALLY need to drop the 'asylum' crap. 

'Psychopaths' as you call them don't represent us because they are from the violent past, when you didn't see us in public because our families shut us away in places like that. Still happens today, just not so much anymore. So....yeah. If you aren't mentally ill, I would understand why you aren't offended, but don't go around saying it ISN'T a shitty trope that needs to die. 

• Like 1

I was spoiled.  My ex went for the first time in 2013, and didn't have passes...she also didn't know HHN was a thing.  When we went in 2015 (my first year) she insisted we had to get them, and I'm glad we did.  I got them last year, and again this year.  Coming down from NJ, I only get to the park for 3 days (Tues-Thurs) in the middle of Oct.  On the Wed night, I like to do 4-5 houses, take a halftime at Moe's, finish the houses, then have a drink while wandering around Diagon Alley (hoping .  The Thurs night I like to take my time with the scarezones, and generally take in the atmosphere without being rushed.  This is my first year getting the behind the scenes tour, so while I get why people are upset about the picture policy, I'm excited about it.

1 hour ago, Alice said:

Not to be that guy, but you've been talking to a multiply disabled and mentally ill person this whole time, and they REALLY need to drop the 'asylum' crap. 

'Psychopaths' as you call them don't represent us because they are from the violent past, when you didn't see us in public because our families shut us away in places like that. Still happens today, just not so much anymore. So....yeah. If you aren't mentally ill, I would understand why you aren't offended, but don't go around saying it ISN'T a shitty trope that needs to die. 

I have mental disability too, and I don't mind the "asylum" stuff.  The truth is that the mental disabled crowd is so diverse that you can't really just look at a few representatives and get a actuate summery of all of them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, b-wolf95 said:

I have mental disability too, and I don't mind the "asylum" stuff.  The truth is that the mental disabled crowd is so diverse that you can't really just look at a few representatives and get a actuate summery of all of them.

I have disabilities too, and was never bothered by that, knowing that there is a difference between the mentally disabled and the insane/ psychotic.
About the only thing in that regard that I find offensive is when "Comedy" shows and movies try to use mean- spirited "Laugh at the retard"- type jokes and characters (i.e. Warren from 'There's Something About Mary,').

• Like 3

I don't know if this matters, but Hall-O-Scream tweeted about ticket prices today (they haven't tweeted anything since June 5). I know Universal probably won't want them stealing their Thunder for HHN, so maybe that will be an incentive to announce something today? Disney and Universal tend to piggyback each other with announcements according to my friends in Disney Marketing (i.e. Volcano Bay/Avatar). Maybe Universal does the same for Busch Gardens? Just a thought :) 

Edited by TheLadyGator

1 minute ago, TheLadyGator said:

I don't know if this matters, but Hall-O-Scream tweeted about ticket prices today (they haven't tweeted anything since June 5). I know Universal probably won't want them stealing their Thunder for HHN, so maybe that will be an incentive to announce something today? Disney and Universal tend to piggyback each other with annouencements according to my friends in Disney Marketing (i.e. Volcana Bay/Avatar). Just a thought :) 

Does anyone know if there have been any announcements about Not So Scary yet? I bet once those come out, Universal Marketing will start making a bigger deal about HHN.