HHN 2016 Discussion

I just got back from my third round of HHN. I had an amazing run-through on TCM and Halloween. I actually got a couple of descent scares in AHS as well as Krampus. I saw John Murdy walking towards TCM as I was exiting. I looked at him almost wanting to say hi to him, but he looked like he didn't want to be bothered. 

For Terror Tram, after two failed attempts, I MANAGED TO GET INTO THE CLOWN'S MOUTH PORTION! YAAAY! I lucked out with the timing of crowd control and got to see the original path from opening weekend all the way through. That made me VERY happy. Didn't really get any scares in there, but I was still happy to finally see it. 

Also, my friend visiting from the UK got to see HHN and he really loved it! We went to daytime USH the day before and he got to see Potter and everything else. We did early entry and all of the houses once and left at 10 because of his jet lag and the bad lines. We were hoping to sneak in a ride on FJ when early entry just started, but unfortunately they were checking to see if you had an early entry wristband and shoo'ed off everyone who did. Look Uni, I know you're trying push the day/night combo, but c'mon. That's a crummy thing to do when you still have a half hour time window. Hopefully they'll just leave Potter open for HHN next year so they won't have to do that. 

I just returned from my 2 week trip out to California. I don't really feel like writing a full review of HHN Hollywood, but I did want to praise the event's scare actors for being top notch. Seriously, those folks are phenomenal and I had way more scares out west than in Orlando.

I want to just throw this out here. I haven't checked the forums idk if anybody's done this yet.

Next year I think we could get

It (Remake)

Saw: Legacy

American Horror Story: Seasons 2-3 & 6

The Conjuring

The Exorcist will return, I'm positive

Insidious due to part 4 coming out next year

I can see AHS or Saw being on the terror tram 

Edited by StraightEdge

3 hours ago, Ghostsarejerks said:

On Halloween, the actor who played Hollywood Harry in all the promotions and advertisements came out to Terror Tram in full make up and was able to talk to guests .  If all goes well he'll be back on Saturday 

Did people know who he was orrrrrr? haha

6 hours ago, horror lover said:

Hopefully this is slowly nudging us towards getting our face characters/talking characters back after 2014's incident..

I doubt it, all season supervisors have been hammering it in how much trouble we'll get in for speaking. I know one guy in Tram got severely reprimanded for telling a guest to stop screaming. And considering the Fear VR fiasco at Knott's, Universal is pretty hesitant to loosen up. 

About to head out to HHN for second to final night of the season.  Sure hoping it's dead.

Who else is going tonight?

Front of line tickets are not sold out for Friday or Saturday, so it's looking like it will be a nice uncrowded event for the final weekend.

Well last night was more packed that I thought it would be. Everything was an hour wait around 9. I ended up getting two one-time use FoL passes that some random guest handed out. 

Well I will be back for my fifth and final night of HHN 2016. It's been a great year, and I can't wait to finish it with a bang! 

Tonight will be my 9th visit - last night was really packed but I also got those FOL passes by random guests. Also finally met John Murdy last night and spoke with him about the event. Super cool.

On another note, was anyone there on Halloween? For the second half of the night, there was literally no line for any house, so we just did them over and over again. We kinda went trick or treating in the Halloween house too haha. We did it five times in a row (they just let us go straight to the entrance of the house from the exit) and every time the pumpkin heads at the end would give us something. At first it was a banana covered in stickers, and then candy! They were so excited and so were we that we just stayed in that room and danced with them. (I can't make this up.) Also, the actors had so much room to play because it was so dead. Michael followed me through some of the house, and so did a Jason and Freddy in FVJ, and so did a Krampus! Quite the experience!

Anyway, hope everyone had fun and have fun to those who will be there tonight as well!

Edited by John Berchtold
  • Like 2

Well HHN is officially over, really fun night. Last terror tram was awesome except for the grumpy old worker who kept flashing his flashlight in people's eyes. Also I was almost not on last tram because team members didn't communicate with each other or us, it was a huge f'up on their part. Chainsaw Chaseout was a blast as well only wish Murdy would've stayed in one spot so I could have taken a picture

1 minute ago, foodstampsFTW said:

Well HHN is officially over, really fun night. Last terror tram was awesome except for the grumpy old worker who kept flashing his flashlight in people's eyes. Also I was almost not on last tram because team members didn't communicate with each other or us, it was a huge f'up on their part. Chainsaw Chaseout was a blast as well only wish Murdy would've stayed in one spot so I could have taken a picture

I was there for that last tram nonsense too and yeah that was some major fuckery! The last tram was still super fun though!  

I won't write a whole review, but this is my final night break down:

- TCM, waited 50ish minutes for. Halloween & Exorcist was about 10ish minutes, the others (including TT) literally strolled right into.

- All the rides were walk ons as well. They gave us FOL passes (good for only lower lot rides and TT) because of a hold up early in the night going onto the backlot. They gave us one going in and one coming out so we got TWO! We didn't even need them though, there were lines for nothing, but we used it for TT and then used our second ones on a free drink.

- Harry Potter helped alleviate the crowds, for sure. People were more spread out, it felt. [The ride itself, my first time going on it, is definitely in the top 3 best rides of all time]. This definitely needs to be open next year. Plus, the actual ride [minor spoilers] is very horror-centric and completely fit into the Horror Nights lineup, better than Mummy, JP in the Dark or Transformers, that's for sure.

- We were two hours ahead of schedule so we spent alot of time in Harry Potter World. Ate at Three Broomsticks, got Butterbeer, did the Wand thing (my friend got picked), took pictures, went through all the shops, did the roller coaster. I think we were there from 930ish to 1130.

- Final night shenanigans were going on from the scareactors, you could tell. They were more playful and even touchy. They were celebrating something in the Purge backlot zone and I never saw it open, actually. But I heard them cheering and applauding.

- Major props to the Terror Tram clown in the first chainsaw brigade that walked up to me and my tall friend (that's a girl and was clinging on to me). He motioned to our height difference and wondering why she was with me lol I told them she wasn't my girlfriend and they could have her. She's TERRIFIED of clowns and was really worried about the Tram, but then he held out his arm and she walked with him for a bit up to the motel, so I think it really calmed her down, plus it was just a great funny moment. Priceless memory.

- My maze lineup from best to worst is like this: Exorcist, FvJ, Halloween, Krampus [these first four are all GOLD though], then TCM [improved greatly for me] and finally AHS which had really great cast performances but there's something design-wise about the maze that's lacking for me and puts it way at last.

And finally, just wanna say this was definitely the best year and lineup we will probably ever have. Major thanks to the entire team that made this thing come to life this year. I appreciate every single person involved, no matter how big or small. I'm really depressed it's over now.

• Like 1