Halloween Horror Nights 26 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

On April 23, 2016 at 0:57 AM, fijiwaterdog said:

i wish they'd do a 3D beetlejuice house even though it wouldn't be that scary, it would definitely be fun.

It could be the next Asylum in Wonderland

I have a feeling we will skip a 3D house this year. During my Unmasking tour, they said they wanted to space out 3D houses after 2013 because they felt they were doing them to often and be losing their effect. They did them 2011, 2012 and 2013 and took a year off. Alice was considered by many to be the best use of 3D HHN has ever done. I can't see them wanting to do another one right after the success of Alice unless they can top it.

They can still do a "fun" house though. Part of me feels like Krampus might be the "fun" house because the movie was more "fun" than scary. However, I could see Ghostbusters getting a "fun" house treatment. Bettlejuice could work but with the new Ghostbusters film, they would probably go with that IP. 

On a different note, walls went up in the extended queue for MIB last night. Going to be crazy to see how they pull it off. Permits have been found for Tent 1 and the Parade Building houses as well so construction should be starting soon. Since those buildings don't have great AC, they tend to get built first so during the peak of summer when temps get SO high, they can be working in the SS with great AC. 

I saw that tweet and came right here hoping people would start speculating on what he might say! Come on you guys! :)   By the way, from the "rumors" list mentioned above, I would simply DIE if they ever did a Phantasm house!  OMG!  One of my favorite horror movies ever!  I was about 12 when it came out, and I watched it with some friends, and it scared the shit out of all of us.  I realize it's got that cheesy 70's vibe to it, but it's still a good flick for sure.  "BOY!!!"

<still daydreaming how cool the mausoleum would be in a house>

• Like 1

Seems like it could possibly be a shared announcement today with Hollywood. Since all signs seem to point to Murdy finally getting The Exorcist (snapchat picture with devil and bed emoji last night, plus additional codename clues fitting it), it very well could be that. I wonder how they intend to recreate a movie that pretty much takes place in 1 room?

Then again, Murdy just posted this several minutes ago...

And if you're good little boils and ghouls...you might get an early HHN present today? Have you been naughty or nice this year?

Naughty or nice?

Krampus releases today too.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Well considering Murdy just tweeted "Have you been naughty or nice this year", I am willing to bet money that the announcement is Krampus to tie into the movie release on DVD today. Out of all the IP's getting tossed around for this year, Krampus is BY FAR my most anticipated house! I don't think I have been looking forward to a house this much since I started going in 24. I love the clash of two holidays and I can't wait to see how they pull off all the puppets. Krampus better be HUGE and hopefully not around every corner. Once or twice would be just enough.  

Edited by Badge

4 minutes ago, WannabeIcon said:

Krampus seems the legit announcement! But what is Mike's post of a Walley World  about?

I doubt it has anything to do with HHN. He tends to keep HHN "hints" off his personal Instagram. Most likely him just showing off something he just got for his car.

well SHIT

the more this goes on, the more i'm really, really starting to think/hope/pray that this is going to be a julian year. i'd really love to see our usher back in the spotlight, if nothing else

like, two announcements and both for classic movies? something's going on down in universal, for sure

• Like 2