Halloween Horror Nights 26 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

Soundstage 19 is also still being used for filming smaller-scale productions; and yeah, I really don't see Viacom signing off on Nickelodeon being used in such a way. They probably feel the same way as Audrey Geisel does when it comes to HHN.

Won't lie though, a twisted cartoon (not just Nick) house done in the same vein as Scary Tales is something I'd be interested in seeing if done right...even if it has a close to zero chance of happening.

Edited by Cupcakes

*looks for "Ink and Paint" house treatment from a few years ago. Can't find it*

I drafted a house concept where an animator began thinking the characters he created ("Ink" & "Paint", an even more twisted take on Ren and Stimpy) told him to kill all his coworkers. Which he did. The ghosts of his victims still haunt the place, as well as Ink and Paint, who appear on screens and drawing desks throughout. Two thirds of the way through, you enter their cartoon world (by walking through the screen of the screening room). The finale is basically your escape.

Universal is one of the only places that could really pull it off, but they never would.

• Like 7

*looks for "Ink and Paint" house treatment from a few years ago. Can't find it*

I drafted a house concept where an animator began thinking the characters he created ("Ink" & "Paint", an even more twisted take on Ren and Stimpy) told him to kill all his coworkers. Which he did. The ghosts of his victims still haunt the place, as well as Ink and Paint, who appear on screens and drawing desks throughout. Two thirds of the way through, you enter their cartoon world (by walking through the screen of the screening room). The finale is basically your escape.

Universal is one of the only places that could really pull it off, but they never would.

Wasn't the original Icon for 2003 an evil Walt Disney-type animator or comic book artist that brought all his twisted cartoons to life amongst IOA? 

• Like 1

Wasn't the original Icon for 2003 an evil Walt Disney-type animator or comic book artist that brought all his twisted cartoons to life amongst IOA? 

It was. The original concept (as told to me in 2002) was an animator.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

I still think this real event is HHN house fuel.

There's an indie horror based on it called Devil's Pass that's fantastic.

I really would love a "True Horror" year. Houses/zones include:

Dyatlov's Pass (house)

Donner Party (zone)

Black Plague (both)

Elizabeth Bathory (house)

Another war/Nightingales house (ideally Revolutionary)

Serial killers house

Area 51 (house)

Salem Witch Trials (house)

etc.

• Like 7

so all the walls with the Nickelodeon art and all the left over equipment is gone? If you wanna know what I'm talking about watch adamthewoo's video on it.

It's all still there (left up for nostalgia's sake I presume). They've been using that space for offices since BMG first opened.

Edited by Cupcakes

It's all still there (left up for nostalgia's sake I presume). They've been using that space for offices since BMG first opened.

so I can't walk in there like Adamthewoo did? And when did these offices open? You say it's at the same time BMG opened but that can't be possible because adamthewoo went in 2012 and it was abandoned 

Edited by Johnnyawesomev1

Dyatlov's Pass (house)

Donner Party (zone)

Black Plague (both)

Serial killers house

Area 51 (house)

etc.

^^^^

ummm....THIS!!

I had an idea about children's nightmares. Where you'd have a house and every room was a different kids room. In those rooms was a representation of that kids worse nightmare. Creatures, insects, drunk fathers, mad men, etc.... I think that would be awesome!

Also a cryptids house. PLEASE! I want an 8 foot Sasquatch to scare me into living death!

so I can't walk in there like Adamthewoo did? And when did these offices open? You say it's at the same time BMG opened but that can't be possible because adamthewoo went in 2012 and it was abandoned 

The only things I could imagine is either he went in at a time of the day when no one was around, or he simply just got really lucky. I've heard of plenty of other stories of people trying to go in there and getting caught. I'm not completely sure of the exact time the offices came in, but it wasn't any time recently as far as I know.

Dyatlov's Pass (house)

Donner Party (zone)

Black Plague (both)

Serial killers house

Area 51 (house)

etc.

May I provide an alternate idea based on your premise?

The park, to some amount, is Hellgate Prison. it housed the most notorious serial killers in American history. An escape occurred that let each of the most secured prisoners escape back to their lands that they came from. The scarezones are themed to be in relation to the areas the inmates grew up in. The houses are themed to them individually:

* Ted Bundy house

* Charles Manson house

* Ed Gein house

* John Wayne Gacy house

* Jeffrey Dahmer house

and three more.

• Like 1

Universal should just get rid of TWD as a maze & add this...

Maybe replace ET with this...

Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 3.48.55 PM.png

*ahem*

NO.

How about just no more TWD?

This is the first year I'm close to certain about TWD's demise. There's just too much evidence this year (Very low house ratings, Comcast not forcing it this year until Hollywood vouched for it, etc), plus it honestly is fading in popularity as far as HHN goes. SO many people are tired of seeing it, not just die hards. Hell, I know people who've only been 1 of the past 4 years who think it's stupid it keeps coming back. Yes, there are PLENTY who love TWD as a show, but as virtually anyone who went this year what their 3 favorite houses were, and not only will 1-2 of them not even be an IP, but there's a 90% chance none of them are TWD. Hell, the graffiti infested, last minute switched-over house was rated higher than TWD.

• Like 6

Universal should just get rid of TWD as a maze & add this...

Maybe replace ET with this...

Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 3.48.55 PM.png

image.gif

NO!

ET is a classic and you want it replaced by TWD I'm sorry but you are fried! If everyone is getting tired of TWD in Horror nights what makes you think they won't be tired of a year round ride. I'm saying this but in my opinion TWD house every year is a waste of a house. The first year was good but they included TWD every year after that and that's stupid. 

Edited by Johnnyawesomev1
  • Like 5

That picture looks very very familiar ;) More details about the attraction http://designingfear.com/dailyfear/index.php/details/item/160-walking-dead-fans-rejoice

It sure does lol  It seems like a very awesome attraction (around the same thrill level as The Mummy). Hope Universal gets it!

*ahem*

NO.

How about just no more TWD?

This is the first year I'm close to certain about TWD's demise. There's just too much evidence this year (Very low house ratings, Comcast not forcing it this year until Hollywood vouched for it, etc), plus it honestly is fading in popularity as far as HHN goes. SO many people are tired of seeing it, not just die hards. Hell, I know people who've only been 1 of the past 4 years who think it's stupid it keeps coming back. Yes, there are PLENTY who love TWD as a show, but as virtually anyone who went this year what their 3 favorite houses were, and not only will 1-2 of them not even be an IP, but there's a 90% chance none of them are TWD. Hell, the graffiti infested, last minute switched-over house was rated higher than TWD.

True, it's sad that The Purge had a higher rating than TWD.

I really want a Roanoke scarezone in Central Park.

The love child of TWD & Roanoke...

apocalypse-city-of-cannibal-Mlix.jpg

• Like 2

May I provide an alternate idea based on your premise?

The park, to some amount, is Hellgate Prison. it housed the most notorious serial killers in American history. An escape occurred that let each of the most secured prisoners escape back to their lands that they came from. The scarezones are themed to be in relation to the areas the inmates grew up in. The houses are themed to them individually:

* Ted Bundy house

* Charles Manson house

* Ed Gein house

* John Wayne Gacy house

* Jeffrey Dahmer house

and three more.

Although I will admit that is an interesting premise and will no doubt be absolutely chilling,  I don't know how I feel about glorifying these actual killers. That may just be me though,  since it's done all the time with people like Jack the Ripper, Vlad the Impaler, etc. So what do I know.

• Like 1