Halloween Horror Nights 26 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

I don't want to put down your idea. I'm just not keen for a Mortal Kombat house, because I just don't think it can be translated into a maze efficiently. I say that because, it's more of an adventure game with gory aspects thrown in, but overall not considered horror. 

Speaking of mazes based on games... I would love to have a maze based off the newest Wolfenstein game. It's an action horror shooter game that I think that would translate into a maze very well. Either that, or a maze based off the DOOM games. 

I would love to see Eddie or Cindy as an icon. I honestly wouldn't mind if they brought back The Usher as the main icon again. They did such a good job with him at hhn 25.

I am always hoping for a Nightengales sequel. Maybe WWII themed? Also a Conjuring house would be awesome!

I don't want to put down your idea. I'm just not keen for a Mortal Kombat house, because I just don't think it can be translated into a maze efficiently. I say that because, it's more of an adventure game with gory aspects thrown in, but overall not considered horror. 

Speaking of mazes based on games... I would love to have a maze based off the newest Wolfenstein game. It's an action horror shooter game that I think that would translate into a maze very well. Either that, or a maze based off the DOOM games. 

While I do think a Mortal Kombat maze could happen, It either would be awesome, or it would fucking suck. I think we have different visions of what the maze could look like I do think a Doom maze could actually be done very well if enough love and care is put into it.

Edited by Sir2lazyThe2nd

Sorry about that. I posted this on the Hollywood wishful thinking thread, but does anyone else think a Mortal Kombat house would be awesome?

They could do things like Dracula Untold or even something as terrible as Doomsday into a house.... Then they could definitely make Mortal Kombat.

hell, Mortal Kombat would even be darker and could be more gory than the joke that was the Resident Evil house, (Could be darker than the RUN house we got this year)

Actually now that I think of RUN, Mortal Kombat could definitely be a better version of RUN, instead of killers from all over the world just replace that with Mortal Kombat characters and make better sets. 

they would have to stick to the scary characters, but they could add some of the humans to, (Just like they did for the Purge, half the cast didn't have any costumes) 
Purge characters weren't even that scary, even the ones with costumes on, I could think of other houses that didn't have scary characters in them, Like HAVOC. 

I do think a MK house could work, and work very well. the sets would be creepy and there would be a lot of gore. EVEN if the characters are not horror related. 

Sorry about that. I posted this on the Hollywood wishful thinking thread, but does anyone else think a Mortal Kombat house would be awesome?

Just no...

They ruined videos games after Resident Evil... just saying...

• Like 4

Resident Evil is a very long game with a lot of characters and a lot of different creatures, it has a very long plot and a lot of details (it has a lot of rich environments too) the creatures of Resident Evil are hard to adapt as costumes or props for a house as well

Mortal Kombat has a handful of characters compared to RE and it is a game about beating each other up (Yes, yes I know there is a deeper story but no one really cares lol) 

adapting Mortal Kombat is way easier than something as complicated as Resident Evil. the MK characters are human shaped so the costumes would be easier to do (Even guys like Baraka or Goro would be easier than RE monsters) 
And the sets would be easier too since all they have to do is look at  a pic of the game backgrounds and recreate it. 

super easy to do 

I was thinking about this idea but I doubt it will happen. How about they take the abandoned Nickelodeon studios and make it into a maze. All the classic Nickelodeon icons turned into undead sick and twisted monsters. They can also use some of the creepy pasta stuff. I think that would be dope and it also makes use of that abandoned piece of tv history for once. Slime can be replaced for blood, jimmy neutron could be a mad scientist, rugrats could be zombie babies, and the game shows could be like RUN. 

Edited by Johnnyawesomev1
  • Like 1

I was thinking about this idea but I doubt it will happen. How about they take the abandoned Nickelodeon studios and make it into a maze. All the classic Nickelodeon icons turned into undead sick and twisted monsters. They can also use some of the creepy pasta stuff. I think that would be dope and it also makes use of that abandoned piece of tv history for once. Slime can be replaced for blood, jimmy neutron could be a mad scientist, rugrats could be zombie babies, and the game shows could be like RUN. 

Another huge no.

Most of what is left of Nick Studios is just office space, hallways and storage. They used the Soundstages and what is currently the Sharp Aquos Theater for the actual filming.

And besides, trying to get the rights to all the characters would be hell, even if they would allow their children's show image be turned into some type of monstrosity in the first place.

On the topic of Eddie becoming an icon, I would predict a lot of those asking for it would be disappointed with the result.

I prefer him as the face of a house rather than a voice of the event, because I've not seen him speak... ever.

• Like 1

Most of what is left of Nick Studios is just office space, hallways and storage. They used the Soundstages and what is currently the Sharp Aquos Theater for the actual filming.

And besides, trying to get the rights to all the characters would be hell, even if they would allow their children's show image be turned into some type of monstrosity in the first place.

On the topic of Eddie becoming an icon, I would predict a lot of those asking for it would be disappointed with the result.

I prefer him as the face of a house rather than a voice of the event, because I've not seen him speak... ever.

He spoke in this promo video for HHN 16:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNa-0W8TGDA

• Like 1

I highly doubt Universal attempts Scream for a while unfortunately.

A&D learned their lesson by repeating AWIL so soon, no way Halloween comes back next year. They don't own the IP either.

Isn't having sequels to ANDI and Silver Screams iin the same year a bit redundant? Just make a megahouse at that point.

Now that I think about it, it would be an easy excuse for them to have even more IPs at the event if they did both ANDI & SS...

Does anyone know if the Nick studios is still abandoned? And if there's still a way in?

(correct me if I'm wrong) It now houses the Blue Man Group

Edited by hhnfan95

I know speculation at this point is more like shots in the dark but what does even think is more likely, TWD #5 or no TWD at 26? I'm leaning towards it being done, it didn't get as much love from A&D last year as End of the Line did. I think even HHN staff is over it.

More than likely it will be back with A&D saying "Oh, we made it better! It will be all new and based on season 8 where we left off last year!" just like they said this year & the year before that & the year before that. They're not giving up on it till (hopefully) the series is completely over (which from how it's looking, will be soon)

I know that but the building next to the theater is it still accessible?

I think so

Edited by hhnfan95

what do you suggest that they do with the abandoned Nick studios?

Turn it into the Sharp Aquos theater and host the Blue Man Group. That's a possibility.

I know that but the building next to the theater is it still accessible?

It's the BMG offices.

• Like 3