Asylum In Wonderland 3D

Mark M.

Are they going to have room for the tunnel? It could be used in Monsters and Mayhem. I haven't been on Shrek in ten years so I'm just assuming the theater will be a cramped space.

The Shrek building is about 20,000 sqft. If the two theaters are of equal size and accounting for the retail space, the theater and preshow area for each is probably somewhere between 7,000 to 9,000 sqft. By comparison, the tents are only 40' X 120' (4,800 sqft). I don't think it will be as cramped we might initially think. 

Well it seems unanimous that everyone is on the same train of cautious and nervous what the outcome of this house will be like. I am such a sucker for the Alice style especially in horror style and the scarezone as mentioned in 08 was an absolute joy so we all hope it does it justice. However since we are all so nervous I think it just goes to show how terrible Afterlife was, I mean ... really that house was so bad ... that is why I am so scared for Asylum .... Afterlife is like bottom 5 easy and maybe even the worst since I've been attending since 08. 

• Like 1

Asylum in Wonderland 3D (Shrek 4D Theater 2) will not focus solely on an insane adaptation of Lewis Carroll’s classic characters. The story concept of the house is could Alice be psychotic or is this bizarre world we are walking through actually real? To make this decision more difficult, Wallace announced that each room would warp back and forth between the two different worlds, making the experience even more maddening.

• Like 4

Guest kiwisoup

I'm actually kinda surprised by what was shown during the media preview event. It's a much grittier take than I presumed it would be. I was expecting it to be bright and campy...looks to not be the case.

I'm actually kinda surprised by what was shown during the media preview event. It's a much grittier take than I presumed it would be. I was expecting it to be bright and campy...looks to not be the case.

Agreed, wondering if we are getting a 3D house more akin to Hollywood's HOTC instead of our normal 3D houses.

Someone definitely loves Madness Returns. I know I do. And scream punk is right outside? Most definitely. I'm really bummed I won't get to see it all! I do need to play the game again though.. It was such a beautiful and twisted game.

Although I am curious on how it'd turn out if one day in the future instead of a house they did 4D with a movie type thing using the actual theaters. But who knows how much that'll cost in CGI.

Think that was in the wrong forum Forever ;-) 

This house looks and sounds amazing...hope it makes my side of the argument for 3D houses being awesome not quite the barren waste land it is.  Hoping this re-invigorates the 3D semi-annual 3D houses and makes it a fan favorite like it always is for me.

I really think it's misinformed or misunderstood by the reporter. Sounds like they got an IN with a scareactor but the information is misleading.

They are two different things. It's probably just an afterthought. Something like "You can ride the Hogwarts express and experience a raptor on the loose". Obviously there's no raptors coming after you on the Hogwarts express but simply just talking about what one could experience at Islands Of Adventure. Bad reporting is all. Though Raptor chasing a magical train would be cool.

Edited by MissBA
  • Like 2

I really think it's misinformed or misunderstood by the reporter. Sounds like they got an IN with a scareactor but the information is misleading.

They are two different things. It's probably just an afterthought. Something like "You can ride the Hogwarts express and experience a raptor on the loose". Obviously there's no raptors coming after you on the Hogwarts express but simply just talking about what one could experience at Islands Of Adventure. Bad reporting is all. Though Raptor chasing a magical train would be cool.

That is true. I'm guessing the Shadybrook part is for Unleashed in that case.

Some of the coolest houses in the past have been 3D houses. The In-Between being one of them, and although not technically "3D," Dead Exposure was basically built like one, they just didn't include the glasses, and that house was pretty sick.

I'm still incredibly excited and giddy to see the final product and the little talk about Madness Returns makes me even more hopeful because the art and style of that game is so amazing and what I love in a twisted Wonderland. So this house still has me anxious because I can so see it still going the Afterlife route and being a disappointment but can envision such amazing things and I just hope it goes there .... sorry I love the Alice and twisted Wonderland aesthetic so much and when I see it wrong I am so disappointed. Like when Tim Burton's Alice came out that was a huge let down and from what little I know about the Looking Glass for next year I don't have much hope that'll be better, sorry just a small rant lol. 

• Like 4

I'm still incredibly excited and giddy to see the final product and the little talk about Madness Returns makes me even more hopeful because the art and style of that game is so amazing and what I love in a twisted Wonderland.

I so wish American McGee had done HIS movie adaptation and not the crap-fest that Disney put out.

Oh BTW not sure it was posted but here is the entrance CPCBBKqWgAAVoiC.jpg:large

Orlando United

• Like 3

I so wish American McGee had done HIS movie adaptation and not the crap-fest that Disney put out.

The sad part is for quite a while Wes Craven was attached to direct American McGee's version of Alice and it never got made.

If this house is anywhere near the quality of AM's Alice (and it has a chance to be since they retooled the Tweedles) then I think we are all in for a real treat.

• Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to Asylum In Wonderland 3D