Asylum In Wonderland 3D

Mark M.

Hidden Content

Cool! So it's in it's own separate hallway? Sorry for details. The reason why is because I recreate Halloween Horror Night Mazes on Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. I am almost done with Halloween horror Nights 24, from last year, I want to get a head start and I wanna start with Asylum in Wonderland 3D because it looks super fun!!!!  I get every detail from the path to the walls and the exact distance of each hallway and corridor, along with all the scareactors places and secret doors.

• Like 1

I do not get the love for this house... AT all. I really wanted it to be amazing. I absolutely hated it. I like the facade. I like some of the 3D effects. But not scary, ridiculously goofy costumes, and just felt completely off in feel and appropriateness for the event. Honestly I felt my two year old daughter was more of the target audience for it. Maybe I missed something. 

• Like 1

I do not get the love for this house... AT all. I really wanted it to be amazing. I absolutely hated it. I like the facade. I like some of the 3D effects. But not scary, ridiculously goofy costumes, and just felt completely off in feel and appropriateness for the event. Honestly I felt my two year old daughter was more of the target audience for it. Maybe I missed something. 

I think it's a fun and creative house, and I enjoy it, but people are calling it the best 3D house they've ever done, and that's a load of shit, imo. In no universe is this house better than The In-Between. That was the 3D jackpot, and I'm not sure they'll be able to top it. This the best SINCE then, yeah, but best overall. Not very scary, but I like walking through it. I also said Afterlife was decent at first, but now I really hate it, so we'll see where I stand after a few more runs.

• Like 3

You weren't aware that the majority of this community is made up of 2 year olds?

• Like 3

I was coming in hoping for this house to be on the same level as The In-Between, and honestly it's not even close. The effects are neat, and the house is pretty lengthy, but it needs to be stepped up. I've done 3 runs and have yet to see the left bird do anything but walk back and forth, and have only caught the right bird once. Also, in the light room they could use another actor or two, as well as Mad Hatter's room. I think my main problem with this house is the fact that I feel as if I'm walking through a wonderworks-type of house and not a HHN one. More actors, more potential scares, or something along those lines needs to be done if they want to bring up the thrill level of this house. Don't even get me started on that plant scene..

• Like 1

I don't know why but I really like this house. There's NO way it's ever going to be in my top 3 houses this year but it's no where near as bad as The Walking Dead. The In-Between is still the best 3D house by far but I'd put this as the second best 3D house. I think it's just good old fashioned fun with some fun effects and it's also the ONLY time the tunnel has made me dizzy which is saying something.

• Like 5

It's my least favorite  house ...EVER.  And although I see a lot of people on here liking it, the line outside on Saturday night might be an indication of how much the GP likes it (hint, not much of a line and Friday night it was packed).

My friends and I walked out...almost felt insulted...like was it a joke?

Edited by blueoktober
  • Like 1

I had one quick question. The Entrance and Exits of the Building? Where do you Enter the Soundstage and where do you exit the soundstage? People who went through it will know! Please let me know!! 

The queue begins next to Transformers. 3 HUGE switchbacks are set up. You go to the front of Shrek, through it's entire line. You enter through a door not normally used to enter the stage when Shrek's operating normally, in the extended queue of the attraction. You exit down the ramp next to the Transformer's meet and greet. 

I dont really get the appeal of 3D houses in general... the In Between was really good but it feels like that was a fluke.

they are kind of gimmicky, this could have been an amazing traditional house  in the style of Scary tales. better sets, better props

3D feels like an excuse to make the same house over and over using the same fluorescent colors and hanging strings. When they do 3D houses there is a lot of skipping on good sets and stuff. (Why create a good set when they can just paint  sets on the walls and hang some strings around) 

I know it sounds like I am being a huge hater and this house might be nice for some, but I would just prefer traditional houses than 3D painted houses. Or at least for Uni to change the effects they use and change their rooms a little more. 

• Like 7

I dont really get the appeal of 3D houses in general... the In Between was really good but it feels like that was a fluke.

they are kind of gimmicky, this could have been an amazing traditional house  in the style of Scary tales. better sets, better props

I agree.  Whenever I go through the 3D houses I find myself thinking more of how a certain scene would be better as a traditional house.  I only went through this house on Friday and it wasn't memorable to the point where I skipped it on Saturday.  However, I'll go through it some more before an official judgment.  So many things can improve from opening weekend, just in general.  I think In Between had to have been a fluke as it was the best 3D house, imo, they've done and I don't even think they expected it to be.  However, they have to know what works so why not keep some of those unique effects that work in 3D?

• Like 2

well besides the In Between, what other 3D house was the best?? (Before the In Between was made?) 

Most of them tend to be "okay" to say the least. Not sure why they keep coming back (Unless it just happens to be a budget issue, are they cheaper to make than a full scale house? )

• Like 1

well besides the In Between, what other 3D house was the best?? (Before the In Between was made?) 

Most of them tend to be "okay" to say the least. Not sure why they keep coming back (Unless it just happens to be a budget issue, are they cheaper to make than a full scale house? )

Probably for more diversity? I honestly prefer the 3D houses. I enjoy the trippy aspect of the houses. Sure it's not "omg I'm going to die because everything is so realistic scary". Not everything has to be pop out and make loud sounds kind of scares. But they are amusing to go through. I also wonder as I don't drink or smoke, what it's like to go into a 3D house either drunk or stoned. Maybe that's part of it? Gotta be a little drunk to fully appreciate how crazy the house is? 

• Like 1

Well take your pic:

1999 - Universal's Creature Features in 3-D!
2000 - Anxiety in 3D (Jack)
2003 - Funhouse of Fear (Jack)
2004 - Disorintorium (Not technically a 3D house but should have been)
2007 - Jack's Funhouse in Clown-O-Vision (Jack)
2011 - The In-Between in 3D
2012 - Penn & Tell New(kd) Las Vegas in 3D
2013 - After Life: Death's vengeance
2015 - Asylum In Wonderland 3D

I think, honestly (aside from The In-Between) the Clown ones worked the best. Just seems clown and 3D go hand in hand. Although I remember thinking Creature Feature was neat but that was because it was new.

But yeah they are cheaper. They are Black walls with paint. they don't need the details. A really nice 4K sq ft 3D haunt can actually be bought for about 275K. To be fair Universal steps it up in comparison to a lot of 3D houses... But they are a vestige of home haunts and side show carnivals for the most part. I think it's just kind of a tradition that has hung around that reminds people of little mom and pop haunts.

• Like 2