HHNH Planning & Insider Tips (The 2015 Edition)

does anyone know wher Scare Patrol have been primarily from early opening to like around 9? I wanna do early entry but want to get my hands on the Franco invite... it makes planning difficult that the password is not at a single maze this year so would appreciate the help guys.

I caught them going towards This is the End from the Metro Sets. I managed to grab the last invite that group had. It was probably around 7:30.

• Like 1

Hey ya'll, is anyone going this Thursday? I would love to know how it goes, since I'll be going on the 8th, as I've always went on Sundays so I want to make sure it's not too horribly different. Unfortunately, no FOL pass, but I am doing early access. I'm excited since this will be my first big group I get to take and share my wonderful plans to get everyone through all the mazes alive (or dead).

Hi everyone,

I've just been lurking and didn't sign up until today. I'm visiting from Austria and will be at HHN at the end of october. We got FOL tix and want to do early entry. The one thing I couln't find out is if we have day tickets as well, will we need to leave the park and re-enter for HHN or can we stay and get our tickets validated inside the park? In Orlando last year I didn't have to leave the park for HHN but I can't find that info for Hollywood.

Hi everyone,

I've just been lurking and didn't sign up until today. I'm visiting from Austria and will be at HHN at the end of october. We got FOL tix and want to do early entry. The one thing I couln't find out is if we have day tickets as well, will we need to leave the park and re-enter for HHN or can we stay and get our tickets validated inside the park? In Orlando last year I didn't have to leave the park for HHN but I can't find that info for Hollywood.

You can't stay in the park.For hhn you should leave before the park closes, walk down the universal studios boardwalk. You can eat, buy merchandise, and use that to spend time. then around 4-4:30 get in line. You need to go through metal detectors, then you can wait in line. Waiting to get into the park is the worst part since it takes a while and there honestly isn't much to do in line. You can do early entry but it has been criticized this year and the system is really flawed. The only positive thing is that you can go on the rides which are basically walk ons and you can do them over and over again. Really depends what you wanna do. But if you wanna do early entry get in that line before 5 since that is when they let you in. Talk it out with your group :)

Edited by Sir2lazyThe2nd
  • Like 1

Another lurker here, and a question about what is open during early entry.

If we get inside at 5pm is it possible to do the regular tram tour during early entry?  I know the park stays open until 6pm, but can't find out anywhere if they stop the trams early to prepare for Terror Tram.  I know it's not a great use of time if open, but my wife has never seen the real tour before and we aren't going to be back for a while.

Thanks!

Edited by aaronmckie

When I went for early entry on opening weekend, the regular tram was actually still open. I had friends who wanted to do it but I was like "nope, we must make line at The Walking Dead!" So I suppose it's possible. You can always call and ask. If the park closes at 6, it's possible Studio Tour's last tram could leave at like 5:15.

However, with the new early entry with almost everything open at 6-6:30, that's less likely.

Do the day/night option. You can hit all the rides/shows in the day and all the mazes at night. It'll save you lots of time when trying to hit all the mazes also, as you won't feel obligated to get the rides in too. It's a really great option, I think.

Edited by DTH316

how does the event usually go on a rainy day? do any attractions close? 

depending on the amount of rain. If its as bad as Halloween 2014 then most mazes will close due to flooding. However that's only if it's that bad. I've gone when there's a light rain and everything stayed open. 

Edited by HorrorNightsFan13

how does the event usually go on a rainy day? do any attractions close? 

On Halloween last year we did every maze twice except for Dracula Untold because it was closed around 1 due to severe flooding. American Werewolf some of the puppets were covered and not working because of the rain. And FDTD and Clowns were pretty soaked so some of the actors looks confused on what to do. This didn't ruin my night really as I already hit up every maze once before the flooding began. Alien vs Predator seemed fine from what I remember probably because it was in a building and not a tent. And alot of the scare zones were bare due to the actors probably taking shelter from the rain.

Quick question about tickets. Is the annual pass discount given on top of the already discounted online ticket? So for instance, if I go on Friday the 30th the tickets are $75 if purchased ahead of time online. And the annual pass discount is $16. Is the $16 dollars off of the $75 or the normal $85 general admission price? Looking for answers ASAP!!

for college discounts do you buy the tickets at your school or do you take your student id to the front of the gate?

At your school or whatever website they give out discount tickets. Highly doubt taking student ID will do anything haha

Quick question about tickets. Is the annual pass discount given on top of the already discounted online ticket? So for instance, if I go on Friday the 30th the tickets are $75 if purchased ahead of time online. And the annual pass discount is $16. Is the $16 dollars off of the $75 or the normal $85 general admission price? Looking for answers ASAP!!

It's discount from general admission.

Question about Early Entry in it's current state:

Are they letting people into houses earlier than 630 now? Or are they still sticking to letting you line up but not actually go into the maze until 630? I saw a review that said they had let them into Walking Dead at 545, just wondering if that was just a lucky occurrence. Also what time have you guys been lining up for the mazes at 630? I'm thinking 615, I'm also going this Sunday so hopefully it won't be too crazy.