HHNH Planning & Insider Tips (The 2015 Edition)

That price isn't a good way to introduce someone new to the event, which I am doing this year. If they become hooked on it like I am, they may consider it next year, surely.

Plus they're all sold out the day I'm going so there's that.

I understand that, but I'm introducing my friend for the first time this year and I bought him his tickets. It really depends on the situation, so in your situation, I Understand

I will bet that it gonna be the same just like every other year... Backlot will be packed as usual lower lot will be packed after as usual but for once the upper will be dead... watch...

So game plan is.... just like I always say every year I use the same game I did in the beginning and it still works perfect  to this day... back to front show towards end eat some turkey legs and get a sipper... WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO 26th HERE WE COME !!!

Even though I have front of the line passes, I have a good idea in my head that I have thought up for people who don't. You do early entry, nailing The Walking Dead and Insidious, you do the backlot mazes, you do This Is the end and try and do The terror tram and halloween.

I think this is what I'll do. I don't think This is the End will draw a whole lot of crowds, since it was a pretty forgettable movie. I don't think the GP will be as curious to see what's inside as I am.

I will bet that it gonna be the same just like every other year... Backlot will be packed as usual lower lot will be packed after as usual but for once the upper will be dead... watch...

So game plan is.... just like I always say every year I use the same game I did in the beginning and it still works perfect  to this day... back to front show towards end eat some turkey legs and get a sipper... WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO 26th HERE WE COME !!!

woot woot 26th hype train

Last year, everybody just gushed to tge backlot since all of the high priorities were down there. Dracula was somethibg no one really cared about. The nice thing about this year is that there's more stuff to absorb people upstairs. There's a show to suck people up as well as a big-name property for a maze that will keep the GP upstairs for a bit. With some people wanting to flock to those first, that should help alleviate pressure downstairs. 

• Like 1

*An idea from an Orlando fan. Would love to know if it sounds plausible!*

I feel like after doing the 3 lower lot mazes, a wise idea would be to just get Halloween out of the way, then go to the backlot. Does the upper lot maze fill up super fast? Cuz if not, I feel like it's possible to do all 4 of those mazes in an hour. Backlot won't be the big draw this year right off the bat, with AvP being a repeat and CP being the smallest new IP this year, so they won't fill up at rope drop like last year. Do Insidious, TWD, TitE, then go do Halloween, then CP and AvP on the backlot. On a normal night, you should be done with all mazes in maybe 3 hours. Then do TT, Jabbawokeez, rides, and repeats.

*An idea from an Orlando fan. Would love to know if it sounds plausible!*

I feel like after doing the 3 lower lot mazes, a wise idea would be to just get Halloween out of the way, then go to the backlot. Does the upper lot maze fill up super fast? Cuz if not, I feel like it's possible to do all 4 of those mazes in an hour. Backlot won't be the big draw this year right off the bat, with AvP being a repeat and CP being the smallest new IP this year, so they won't fill up at rope drop like last year. Do Insidious, TWD, TitE, then go do Halloween, then CP and AvP on the backlot. On a normal night, you should be done with all mazes in maybe 3 hours. Then do TT, Jabbawokeez, rides, and repeats.

This plan seems fine in theory, but that is a LOT of walking. Especially since there's a chance that one of my group will be in a wheelchair (those are allowed in the houses and on TT right?)

Yes wheelchairs are able to go into the mazes the terror tram will give you 2 options. 1 option is the handicapped tram to the Backlot or 2 if the person can get out of the wheelchair you can go in the normal tram I love the handicapped tram Cuz it's takes you to places you never go lol. The backlot you have the same options. 

Yes wheelchairs are able to go into the mazes the terror tram will give you 2 options. 1 option is the handicapped tram to the Backlot or 2 if the person can get out of the wheelchair you can go in the normal tram I love the handicapped tram Cuz it's takes you to places you never go lol. The backlot you have the same options. 

I mean she's on crutches right now but she should be off by next Tuesday, which is dangerously close to our trip for me. Are crutches allowed in mazes too? I would think not. Either way, she can stand up for a short amount of time, at least to board the tram. Is there a separate line for the handicapped trams?

Halloween will be slammed for the first two hours, so no, that's a bad plan. It'll cool off around the last two hours after majority of people have hit it and/or are stuck on the backlot lines trying to figure out which one maze they want to do left since they've already missed half of them. Another thing to look out for is the Jabawokeez show times end, with Halloween being the only maze on the upper lot to go to, people will flock to the maze afterward and spike up the wait time by at least 20 extra minutes.

I mean she's on crutches right now but she should be off by next Tuesday, which is dangerously close to our trip for me. Are crutches allowed in mazes too? I would think not. Either way, she can stand up for a short amount of time, at least to board the tram. Is there a separate line for the handicapped trams?

I'm not to sure about crutches I was in a wheelchair in 2013 but I was able to get out of it to get on the tram and last year I just had a cane and walked through no problem the cool thing with a handicapped person if your there early they'll let you get to the front of everyone for the opening scaremony.  It's badass

Murdy is making it seem like they just dropped first stab and gave it's perks to early entry. He said early entry will be let in at 5 and will now require wrist bands.

He's making it sound like we actually get *in* the mazes at 5. I am thoroughly hyped. Early entry from 5 to 6:15? That means that for over an hour, die hard fans will be trickling into the event. I would be shocked if either of the mazes get over a 30 minute wait during that time, if even that. I may even be able to do one (or both) of them twice.

I don't think so if it's anything like first stab was (which is the likely case since the park does not close normal park hours until 6:00) they will let you in at 5 wristband you and let you into the lower lot where you can take advantage of The Rides with no wait since they will be shuffling day time guests out and make you line up and check wristbands around 6:15 and usher you the Black lot where the scare zone will be operational but the mazes won't be open until 7:00 but you still end up getting through the whole back lot by the time the normal crowds gets in. I don't see why they would open the mazes earlier even if it's just the back lot since they are still finishing up the day crowd, putting SA through make-up, wardrobe ect. Regardless this is still a great opportunity you should not pass up on especially if you want to do rides.

They say the same thing for Early Entry every year "You have access to Lower Lot and Back Lot mazes" and all it usually means is you can line up for the maze. It was the same for first stab last year, we got into the park at 5ish did all the lower lot rides and Jurassic Park twice, they made us line up in the transformers extended que for like 15 minutes then they checked our tickets/AP passes again handed out a one use FOTL pass for any maze of our choosing and walked us further down into the studio then let us walk to the backlot  and we got there at like 6:40 all the mazes had like a hand full of people waiting we walked to AVP and waited for 20 minutes once it hit 7 we were the first ones in. 

So from looking at the EPN wait times... (if they're any indication, which they're probably not) then this would be the best plan of action IF YOU WANT TO SPACE OUT YOUR NIGHT (if you wanna do doubles, I'm not entirely sure):

Insidious in Early Entry first (most popular maze of the night)

Run over to The Walking Dead (this and Insidious were often tied)

Head to the backlot, and hit AVP (oddly still getting HUGE lines)

Then quickly hit Crimson Peak (which had practically a walk-on the entire night except for one hour block it went up to 10 minutes)

Come back to the lower lot and hit This Is The End (had zero wait the first hour, but built up steadily as the night went on)

Then go upstairs, hit Terror Tram as usual

Then Jabowackeez and Halloween, however you wanna finish off your night (Halloween was slammed once it opened, cooled down, then got busy again)

Basically, like my plan always does, the first 4 mazes are practically walk ons with 2 mazes you gotta wait 30-60 for, but if you did everything right, you should be done by 11-12 AM. And that would be at a steady pace. If you rush everything and maybe change some things up, like rush to This Is The End before doing the backlot while it still has a small line (but run the risk of AVP's line growing bigger) then that definitely might work if you're in a small group or literally running around.

• Like 1

Okay so I know for designing a gameplan most if not all of you scream early entry. I like the concept but I don't really wanna skip the opener, that sets my nights mood. So here's my gameplan. I'll be going with an FOL pass as well. 

Scaramonies, lower lot: insidious, TWD, waiting for both of those mazes. Backlot: AVP, most likely with FOL because it'll be a rather long line and I saw it 4 times last year so just once would suffice. Then Crimson Peak, waiting for that maze. Lower lot: back here for This Is The End, waiting for it so on the chance that I like it I can do it again later. Upperlot: Halloween, Terror Tram. Waiting for both of them. After all of those are done probably take a break for food. Then just repeat everything except AVP with FOL. and if there's time check out the Jabbawockeez. Then just wonder the scare zones and see if any mazes worth repeating a third time have short lines. 

• Like 2

Okay so I know for designing a gameplan most if not all of you scream early entry. I like the concept but I don't really wanna skip the opener, that sets my nights mood. So here's my gameplan. I'll be going with an FOL pass as well. 

Scaramonies, lower lot: insidious, TWD, waiting for both of those mazes. Backlot: AVP, most likely with FOL because it'll be a rather long line and I saw it 4 times last year so just once would suffice. Then Crimson Peak, waiting for that maze. Lower lot: back here for This Is The End, waiting for it so on the chance that I like it I can do it again later. Upperlot: Halloween, Terror Tram. Waiting for both of them. After all of those are done probably take a break for food. Then just repeat everything except AVP with FOL. and if there's time check out the Jabbawockeez. Then just wonder the scare zones and see if any mazes worth repeating a third time have short lines. 

I like your plan of attack...lower lot mazes were walk-ons just after the opening scaremonies last year.  Waiting to hear how much the wait will be for Darth Insidious and TWD during Early Entry.  May just hit Halloween stand-by first, then FOL for Lower Lot and Backlot.

• Like 1