HHNH Planning & Insider Tips (The 2015 Edition)

Hey...new to the forum. Awesome content!!!

Question: Went for the first time last year as an AP holder and got 'First Stab' which turned out to be great. Are they not offering that this year? How does 'Early entry' work?

Thx.

I didn't hear anything about first stab for this year but for the Early Entry it says arrive before 6:15 to be let into the park. They had the line for that on the right side of the entrance last year (closest to city walk). They heard you in like cattle and you stay in a gated area until all the daytime guests leave then they heard you closer and closer to the escalator and when its time to let you go RUN LIKE YOUVE NEVER RAN BEFORE........but really you don't have to do that. They still haven't said which mazes will be available for the early entry but last year it was the Terror Tram and Backlot which is probably gonna be that this year 

What is the best plan of attack with a FOL pass and a goal of going through all/most of the mazes (not including the Tram) twice? Is Early Entry a must?

I'm thinking Early Entry backlot mazes without FOL and going through the other mazes until the waits become unbearable before starting to use FOL? The more I think about it the more impossible it sounds since the park gets busy pretty quickly.

I was thankfully able to get my tickets before the price increase

Smart move.....I really love this event and I plan months in advance to travel to Hollywood, but the whole VIP fiasco just blows.  Sure, I would have paid more for VIP than FOL, but once you use that admission package, everything seems, well....just less.  Had plane, car, and hotel booked months ago.  For whatever reason, Hollywood waits waaaaaaaaay too long to release any dates and tickets.  Maybe another  trip to Orlando???

Smart move.....I really love this event and I plan months in advance to travel to Hollywood, but the whole VIP fiasco just blows.  Sure, I would have paid more for VIP than FOL, but once you use that admission package, everything seems, well....just less.  Had plane, car, and hotel booked months ago.  For whatever reason, Hollywood waits waaaaaaaaay too long to release any dates and tickets.  Maybe another  trip to Orlando???

I got my tickets the day the website went live. Thats a tip for next year. Sorry about the amount of quotes, I screwed up

Smart move.....I really love this event and I plan months in advance to travel to Hollywood, but the whole VIP fiasco just blows.  Sure, I would have paid more for VIP than FOL, but once you use that admission package, everything seems, well....just less.  Had plane, car, and hotel booked months ago.  For whatever reason, Hollywood waits waaaaaaaaay too long to release any dates and tickets.  Maybe another  trip to Or

Edited by Sir2lazyThe2nd

What is the best plan of attack with a FOL pass and a goal of going through all/most of the mazes (not including the Tram) twice? Is Early Entry a must?

I'm thinking Early Entry backlot mazes without FOL and going through the other mazes until the waits become unbearable before starting to use FOL? The more I think about it the more impossible it sounds since the park gets busy pretty quickly.

If you want to do everything twice with your FOL do everything in GA line then repeat everything with your FOL. Yes do Early entry

I can't wait to see what plans and strategies y'all come up with after opening weekend. I'm doing FOTL on 9/19 with family, but I'm likely heading back on a Sunday in October with a GA ticket. The last time I used a GA ticket was 2010 and it was a fracking nightmare! I think we got 3 mazes done before half of the group got fed up and left, while the rest of us used the last hour to do Terror Tram and HOH. Definitely don't want to repeat that. It'll be my friend's first time so I want to make sure he sees everything. 

Edited by instamatic

I can't wait to see what plans and strategies y'all come up with after opening weekend. I'm doing FOTL on 9/19 with family, but I'm likely heading back on a Sunday in October with a GA ticket. The last time I used a GA ticket was 2010 and it was a fracking nightmare! I think we got 3 mazes done before half of the group got fed up and left, while the rest of us used the last hour to do Terror Tram and HOH. Definitely don't want to repeat that. It'll be my friend's first time so I want to make sure he sees everything. 

except that you didn't get to see everything idk how that was a bad experience considering in 2010 there was only 5 houses including HOH, so all you missed was one.

except that you didn't get to see everything idk how that was a bad experience considering in 2010 there was only 5 houses including HOH, so all you missed was one.

It being a bad experience had more to do with the mood everyone was in because of the crowds and the fact that we seemed to run into nothing but jackasses all night. I suppose that can't be helped much with a plan of attack, but there's a part of me that feels like if we do have a plan and can get a good chunk of the mazes taken care of early in the night we'll be more relaxed and have less of a chance of a repeat in moods. But it'll just be the two of us so that already is huge decrease in stress. lol

Just posted the Game Plan, assuming Early Entry is the backlot. If anything changes, I'll change it. As of now, it's not much different from last year.

Thanks for the plan! We've decided to forego and just try  your plan. Excited!

Is opening weekend typically packed?

Edited by instamatic

The Friday is, Saturday not as bad. However, that might have changed a bit because of the Eyegores being cancelled, which usually caused traffic on opening night to move away from the Eyegores. I'm also imagining less media presence now.

(Be sure to keep looking back here for updates though, things may change after Employee Preview Night)

Edited by DTH316

Murdy finally confirmed that insidious and walking dead are early entry mazes so here's my gameplan 

Early entry

Walking Dead

Insidious

This Is The End 3D

AvP

Crimson Peak

depending on how much time is left after that you could either do terror tram first and then Halloween and jabbawockies, if there is very little time left I'd say just do Halloween, the other 2 are just extra goodness

Murdy finally confirmed that insidious and walking dead are early entry mazes so here's my gameplan 

Early entry

Walking Dead

Insidious

This Is The End 3D

AvP

Crimson Peak

depending on how much time is left after that you could either do terror tram first and then Halloween and jabbawockies, if there is very little time left I'd say just do Halloween, the other 2 are just extra goodness

Good game plan this is what we will probably do. But i might do Halloween very last.

I have a crazy idea...

The Walking Dead first

Then go line up for the trams to the backlot to be the first over there (I mean, it all depends how EARLY this entry is this year)

AVP and Crimson Peak in one sweep

Come back and do This Is The End while that line is building

Wait in a long line for Insidious

Terror Tram, Halloween, Jabawokeez to end the night

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

I have a crazy idea...

The Walking Dead first

Then go line up for the trams to the backlot to be the first over there (I mean, it all depends how EARLY this entry is this year)

AVP and Crimson Peak in one sweep

Come back and do This Is The End while that line is building

Wait in a long line for Insidious

Terror Tram, Halloween, Jabawokeez to end the night

Website says early entry starts at 5, doesn't mention AP. I think I'd rather do TWD and Insidious while the lines are still short.

That's when you're lined up, not when you're let in. Most likely we'll be on the lower lot at 6:45, which will hopefully be enough time to get two mazes done. But also, I'm imagining they'll let people head to the backlot on the trams as well, get in lines for AVP and Crimson, just not let them in until 7. Which may also mean people will line up for This Is The End before it opens as well.

I don't know, this idea just seems like EVERYTHING gets crowded at once now. I'm worried :-/

I honestly don't know if I can make a fail-proof game plan this year, guys.

ALL BETS ARE OFF!!!

That's when you're lined up, not when you're let in. Most likely we'll be on the lower lot at 6:45, which will hopefully be enough time to get two mazes done. But also, I'm imagining they'll let people head to the backlot on the trams as well, get in lines for AVP and Crimson, just not let them in until 7. Which may also mean people will line up for This Is The End before it opens as well.

I don't know, this idea just seems like EVERYTHING gets crowded at once now. I'm worried :-/

I honestly don't know if I can make a fail-proof game plan this year, guys.

ALL BETS ARE OFF!!!

I'm glad I won't be going to opening weekend. I think we should have a good idea of the crowds after that.

Employee preview and opening night should give me a good enough indication to make a game plan by the day I go (Saturday) but I wouldn't be able to post one since I'll be going that night. So looks like y'all opening weekenders will have to rough it without my help for now! Sorry I can't be of better service this year :(

Since early entry will just be for insidious and The Walking Dead this year, I am seriously considering hitting up This is the End first and then the back lot. I won't be going on opening weekend this year so I can gauge if that's the best way to go until the 27th.