HHNH Planning & Insider Tips (The 2015 Edition)

Hey guys I'm going next Friday with a friend who has fairly severe anxiety (he can't be 'trapped' in a crowd for too long or else he may have an attack), do you know if they offer Disabled passes for people without physical disabilities?  Where to go to get them? Do you have to register for it or anything like that?  Thank you

I would call Guest Services at 1-800-UNIVERSAL I have looked on the Guide for Guests with Disabilities that is available on the Universal website, but did not find any info that would specifically pertain to your question. They will definitely have an answer for you though. You can also go to Guest Relations at the park, but I would call ahead of time just to be sure.

This is our first time going. We have the FOL passes. But does anyone know what rides will be open for early entry? I don't know if we have a desire to do the mazes twice. Do we need to do early entry even with the FOL passes? We want to do all the mazes and all the rides. Everything if we can haha. Thanks for any help! 

This is our first time going. We have the FOL passes. But does anyone know what rides will be open for early entry? I don't know if we have a desire to do the mazes twice. Do we need to do early entry even with the FOL passes? We want to do all the mazes and all the rides. Everything if we can haha. Thanks for any help! 

I believe Revenge of the Mummy, Transformers, and Jurassic Park are open, but I'm not sure.

With FOL you basically are guaranteed to do everything once so you should have no problem there. I personally like to use FOL on all the rides right away because I only care to go once,  but for the mazes I try to run to every maze while the lines are short and then when I come back around later in the night when the lines are long I use my FOL on my second pass so I get to do all the mazes twice. I recommend this because you never know you might love a maze so much you wanna go again but get screwed because the line is like an hour plus and you already used up your FOL earlier in the night when the line was only like 15 minutes and you could of saved it and stuck out the short wait time.

Edited by Hatchet

Thanks guys! I know some people were saying it's really crowded even with FOL, so wasn't sure. But we are going on a Sunday, which I suspect will be less crowded anyway. 

With FOL you basically are guaranteed to do everything once so you should have no problem there. I personally like to use FOL on all the rides right away because I only care to go once,  but for the mazes I try to run to every maze while the lines are short and then when I come back around later in the night when the lines are long I use my FOL on my second pass so I get to do all the mazes twice. I recommend this because you never know you might love a maze so much you wanna go again but get screwed because the line is like an hour plus and you already used up your FOL earlier in the night when the line was only like 15 minutes and you could of saved it and stuck out the short wait time.

Yeah, that's a good point and will definitely keep that in mind. Thank you! 

Thanks guys! I know some people were saying it's really crowded even with FOL, so wasn't sure. But we are going on a Sunday, which I suspect will be less crowded anyway. 

Yeah, that's a good point and will definitely keep that in mind. Thank you! 

I went opening day and I have FOL passes, and while sometimes it can get a little crowded, its still quicker that waiting in a normal line.

The point of this thread is how to experience the park without FOL.

As for Halloween, I don't think you can legitimately get in line for it yet. I believe you can hover in that area until 7 hits, but that's probably the most you can do. The line shortens between 9 - 11, so that'll be your best bet to see it.

As for Halloween, I don't think you can legitimately get in line for it yet. I believe you can hover in that area until 7 hits, but that's probably the most you can do. The line shortens between 9 - 11, so that'll be your best bet to see it.

Oh shit, I fucked up. I deleted the comments, sorry

I read the comments but just to clarify because I am kinda confused on this part, can I go on the Fast and the Furious Supercharged during early entry before Horror Nights technically opens?

Fast and Furious is the finale of the Terror Tram (this weekend at least), so hitting it during Early Entry isn't an option. 

Sorry about that. This is my first time going, so just wanted to double check. Thanks for the info. 

That sounds like a horrible idea. Once people are done with that maze, they'll then line up for Insidious and that line will be at a stand still for another 30 minutes, meaning it'll just get super packed and make that line insanely long by 7 PM.

UGH, THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE DOING!!!!!

(Last updated at: 6:50 PM

Current wait (or next start) times:

UPPER LOT
Halloween30 min
Terror TramNO WAIT!
Jabbawockeez7:30 PM
Despicable MeOPENS 7:00
Simpsons20 min
LOWER LOT
The Walking Dead20 min
Insidious40 min
This is the End5 min
Transformers10 min
Revenge of the Mummy10 min
Jurassic ParkNO WAIT!
BACKLOT
Crimson Peak10 min
AVP10 min

Really good wait times. However, it is a much less crowded weekend. So that might be a factor and I don't think they should see this as a "win" just yet. I urge Universal to continue to think of ways to make Early Entry less packed in upcoming weeks.

(Last updated at: 6:50 PM

Current wait (or next start) times:

UPPER LOT
Halloween30 min
Terror TramNO WAIT!
Jabbawockeez7:30 PM
Despicable MeOPENS 7:00
Simpsons20 min
LOWER LOT
The Walking Dead20 min
Insidious40 min
This is the End5 min
Transformers10 min
Revenge of the Mummy10 min
Jurassic ParkNO WAIT!
BACKLOT
Crimson Peak10 min
AVP10 min

Really good wait times. However, it is a much less crowded weekend. So that might be a factor and I don't think they should see this as a "win" just yet. I urge Universal to continue to think of ways to make Early Entry less packed in upcoming weeks.

Much less crowded? Did it not sell out last night? 

Do they sell different amounts of tickets from night to night or week to week?