HHN 25 Speculation

JDW

As for me, I'll be sticking around here. Sure, we know the entire lineup now, but things can always be scrapped and changed just as they have numerous times in the past. I expect this year's first announcement to be very soon. At least before the end of May.

Edited by JackTheREAPER

As for me, I'll be sticking around here. Sure, we know the entire lineup now, but things can always be scrapped and changed just as they have numerous times in the past. I expect this year's first announcement to be very soon. At least before the end of May.

I believe Walking Dead last year was announced ?Early? June. Before end of May announcement would be GREAT, especially with the leak, but I just don't know.

So logging in for the first time in months and checking out the rumored full house lineup. Hadn't seen anything but speculation a few months ago.

Things I'm excited about:
The Body Collectors returning!! I really hope this house lives up to the others.

Freddy vs Jason! Two of my favorite icons but really hoping this isn't just based off the movie. Hope A&D come up with something else and incorporate ideas from all the NOES and Friday The 13th in it.

Scream sounds cool! Wondering if it's based on just the first movie or the sequels. Please no to the MTV show. Still this won't be as iconic as Halloween was and like others have said Scary Movie has kind of ruined Ghostface.

Insidious has the opportunity to be awesome. Hoping this isn't a redo of Hollywoods house and we see some elements from 3 which comes out this summer.
Hallow'd Past 2 should be awesome! Hope they pack it with icons and it is better then the original.

Things I'm up in the air about:

RUN - I've heard really good things about the original houses but have not had good experiences with any of the Disaster houses lately. That que is always insane.
Alice In Wonderland - The idea sounds great...until they said it was in 3D. I'm not a fan of 3D houses. To me they always come off cheesy and to me this would have been a lot cooler if it had a sinister dark tone like Pans Labyrinth and not gone colorful.

Things I'm unhappy about:

AWIL: Seriously? I liked it two years ago. it's a great house but why bring it back so soon? They can't do it much better, the only thing that they really could have improved was the Piccadilly part which was empty in the original. Unlike TWD this can't really be that different. I get this house has it's huge fans but I would way rather see something else. It seems like a huge waste of a soundstage and an IP where they could have chosen another classic to nail. It seems like they could have done something like Poltergeist but probably would have went with what looks like the lame remake...but honestly it would still be better then what we've already seen. Like they could have also done Exorcist, Rosemarys, Baby, The Omen, The Shining, etc.. I just hope they are repeating this one to save money for other areas.

TWD - I have been one of the biggest supporters of this franchise here in years past but there is really no where else for this house to go. They won't incorporate the characters of the show like every other year it's been at HHN so it will just be like walking through the settings for season 5. But the problem is there isn't much to really walk through this year. We've already seen Terminus. The Atlanta areas and hospital will probably come off cheap looking and then once we get to the second half there isn't much there, just more abandoned houses and woods. Alexandria definitely doesn't fit HHN. Interested to see how they can top the biggest house ever though (which I did like).

But overall I'm excited. Nightmare On Elm St and the second Body Collectors house were two of my favorites ever so stoked to see these characters back. Really hoping for more promotional stuff this year and not another dull commercial.

Edited by somebody85

Also, today during my weekly trip to Universal, I notice that between Soundstages 21 and 22, (you can peak through the gate separating Rockit's locker queue and the SS's) There were stockpiles of wood. I mean loads of it. There were other materials too, like what looked like metal palettes. I'm not sure if all these supplies are for HHN house construction or just there for park purposes, but like I said, there was a shitload of wood. I got a picture but It's a little blurry. I'll try to upload it to my Computer and post it on here later.

• Like 1

Something I've been wanting to discuss is the two Roaming Hordes that were on the leaked list. Of course, the only details we've gotten on the subject is that one will that one of them will be all males and the other will be all females. One of them is obviously the CDT. One of my original ideas was that the CDT will be a horde led by Eddie. It would also be interesting to see a clown horde led by Jack, but if Jack and his "clown minions" end up in the HHN Icon zone, I'm not sure we'll see a Jack horde. Eddie COULD end up in the Icon zone but it seems more likely for him to lead the CDT as a roaming horde. As for the all-female horde.... Maybe a female icon? I was thinking of the possibilities and I would think that Lady Luck and Story Teller would end up in the Icons zone as well. What about another Icon like Eddie that never got their own event...? Cindy? Could Cindy possibly lead her own roaming horde next to Eddie? This is just a theory, and I'm really trying to add something else to talk about until we get new info from Twitter. Any Thoughts?

The hordes from 2012? Could the female horde be the return of the Prisoners?

Maybe, but everything in the streets this year was a house in the past.

I don't know what the hordes are, just pointing out observations.

• Like 1

It's entirely possible the female horde are the Nightingales.

The male horde could be a traditional CDT, Saws and Steamers, DoWs or even Plague Doctors (though I doubt the last one. Those masks would be dangerous in the streets.)

• Like 1

Guest kiwisoup

I've updated the Speculation Map since we're basically done now...

HHN%2025%20Speculation%20Map_1.png

I'm confused...where exactly is it speculated that Scream is located?

Guest kiwisoup

I believe it's believed to be in a third tent. That location is where the queue would likely start, I guess?

Ah, so they're building a new tent? Looking at Google Maps, I don't see any where near that queue location to put a tent, so it seems like it'll have to wind behind B&T and MIB back to the area where the other two tents are. That would be a long trek!

It's entirely possible the female horde are the Nightingales.

The male horde could be a traditional CDT, Saws and Steamers, DoWs or even Plague Doctors (though I doubt the last one. Those masks would be dangerous in the streets.)

Good point. I'm surprised I forgot about Nightengales. That would be a really cool horde!

Now that I think about it, there are so many past things the CDT could be. I feel like Saws N Steam would work best though. I was thinking Hellgate was a possibility too, since the Scarezone was apparently scrapped.

Ah, so they're building a new tent? Looking at Google Maps, I don't see any where near that queue location to put a tent, so it seems like it'll have to wind behind B&T and MIB back to the area where the other two tents are. That would be a long trek!

I mean, it's all rumor for now I guess. Sort of. That's the only thing it seems anyone's heard about a new location.

Yeah...am I the only person disappointed with the possible return of AWIL? I mean, it was an alright house two years ago, but why bring it back so soon? There's really not much that can be done to change the house, so I don't see why they'd even bother bringing it back when we would've had something else there, like maybe a sequel to Nightingale's, or another IP? I mean they've been doing good with video game houses (minus Resident Evil), and yes I kinda consider AVP to be a video game house as well, seeing as how there have been a ton of games based on them, and taking place in a Weyland Yutani base with marines, aliens, and predators running around.

Also, is there even the slightest chance that TWD will not return this year? I'm kinda tired of seeing zombies inside of prisons...

• Like 1

Yeah...am I the only person disappointed with the possible return of AWIL? I mean, it was an alright house two years ago, but why bring it back so soon? There's really not much that can be done to change the house, so I don't see why they'd even bother bringing it back when we would've had something else there, like maybe a sequel to Nightingale's, or another IP? I mean they've been doing good with video game houses (minus Resident Evil), and yes I kinda consider AVP to be a video game house as well, seeing as how there have been a ton of games based on them, and taking place in a Weyland Yutani base with marines, aliens, and predators running around.

Also, is there even the slightest chance that TWD will not return this year? I'm kinda tired of seeing zombies inside of prisons...

Unless the leaked list turns out to be fake and/or marketing forces an IP, this is our lineup.

Yeah...am I the only person disappointed with the possible return of AWIL?

AWiL was already discussed about a month or so ago in the other HHN 25 Spec & Wishful Thinking thread. I know I voiced my displeasure.

If I were you, I'd prepare myself to see TWD again.

If you're just reading this info right now, it kinda sucks doesn't it? It took a couple weeks for me to shake the bad feeling about this coming event off.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

AWiL was already discussed about a month or so ago in the other HHN 25 Spec & Wishful Thinking thread. I know I voiced my displeasure.

If I were you, I'd prepare myself to see TWD again.

If you're just reading this info right now, it kinda sucks doesn't it? It took a couple weeks for me to shake the bad feeling about this coming event off.

Yeah...this is what I get for taking breaks in between speculation season huh? Lol. But yeah...not happy about those two houses coming back *crosses fingers* Please Universal, anything but those two houses...

Edited by Ras13

Complete speculation on my part but I'm going to go ahead and take a shot at what I believe this years house lineup will be.

* American werewolf in London

* alice in wonderland

* body collectors

* best of house (similar to walking deads mega house last year)

* psychoscarepy 3-D

* Freddy vs Jason

* walking dead

* scream

* insidious

Also I speculate Jack is back but not as his normal "look"

:)

Never got to experience body collectors but is it true that the house was silent?

For anyone that doesn't know, this is our lineup:

Houses:

Alice in Wonderland 3D (Tent 1)

An American Werewolf in London (Soundstage 22)

Body Collectors/Shadybrook (Soundstage 24)

Freddy vs Jason (Soundstage ?)

Icon House (Soundstage 24)

Insidious (Tent 2)

Run (Disaster)

Scream (New Location/Tent 3)

The Walking Dead (Parade)

Scarezones:

All Night Die-In/Classic Monsters (San Francisco)

Hellgate (Sting Alley, potentially scrapped)

Icon Zone (Hollywood)

Psychoscareapy (New York)

Scary Tales (Production Central)

Trick or Treaters (Central Park)

There's an important note that's being forgotten about the Central Park zone. It's been described as "Traditional Halloween." While that will likely include Trick or Treaters, it means Samhein can show up as well.

• Like 4

For anyone that doesn't know, this is our lineup:

Houses:

Alice in Wonderland 3D (Tent 1)

An American Werewolf in London (Soundstage 22)

Body Collectors/Shadybrook (Soundstage 24)

Freddy vs Jason (Soundstage ?)

Icon House (Soundstage 24)

Insidious (Tent 2)

Run (Disaster)

Scream (New Location/Tent 3)

The Walking Dead (Parade)

Scarezones:

All Night Die-In/Classic Monsters (San Francisco)

Hellgate (Sting Alley, potentially scrapped)

Icon Zone (Hollywood)

Psychoscareapy (New York)

Scary Tales (Production Central)

Trick or Treaters (Central Park)

Alice in wonderland is not in 3D, there's no run house, it's strictly just body collectors and the 3D house is psychoscarepy