HHN 25 Speculation

JDW

Here's another issue with the "different names to different departments theory. A&D CAN'T give a list of different houses to Marketing... Marketing has to develop advertising/ad-copy for what is actually coming. Having them do work for stuff that isn't happening is a waste of time and money. While they viably could relabel houses/zones for costumes/make-up/contracting, they're still going going to be designing for what is actually coming. So, if new AWIL puppets are being developed, the contracting office will still have to finding a contractor to "build wolf puppets." They can't contract out for "build dragon puppets." If Alice in Wonderland is coming, costuming is going to have to create a Mad Hatter-esque costume, not a plague doctor. All the different departments have to have a unified vision in what is coming because that's how a successful business works.

/thread

Edited by criticalanalysis

No guarantees on that. The 2012 SS44/Transformers debacle showed that demolition can and will occur after HHN house construction has begun. Hopefully, it's a good sign that we will have a Disaster Queue house.

Since F&F's been out almost a month now and has been making the money it's made since day 1, I think they would've gotten notice by now of it being unavailable for HHN. I think if they had any plans of closing it before November 2nd, they would've already informed everyone that needs to know that the queue's unusable for HHN.

My guess is that's when it closes: November 2nd.

Since F&F's been out almost a month now and has been making the money it's made since day 1, I think they would've gotten notice by now of it being unavailable for HHN. I think if they had any plans of closing it before November 2nd, they would've already informed everyone that needs to know that the queue's unusable for HHN.

My guess is that's when it closes: November 2nd.

You'd think they'd inform everyone that needs to know, but that didn't happen in 2012.

But...

There's other possibilities for closure. Unlike SS44, Disaster has a fully functional ride system that will require more "specialized" demolition. They could, theoretically, close the ride and begin internal demolition/removal of the the ride systems without interfering with the extended external queue/house. Garden of Allah has been experinecing internal demo and rebuilding since last year. I haven't been back to Uni since HHN, but I haven't heard of any walls going up around the building. La Bamba is connected to Allah, yes? If so, has it been affected (closed down) by the construction in Allah? Isn't La Bamba where they do the character breakfasts?

EDIT: Checked out the Character Breakfast on the Uni site. It is indeed in La Bamba, and appear available for purchase.

• Like 1

You'd think they'd inform everyone that needs to know, but that didn't happen in 2012.

But...

There's other possibilities for closure. Unlike SS44, Disaster has a fully functional ride system that will require more "specialized" demolition. They could, theoretically, close the ride and begin internal demolition/removal of the the ride systems without interfering with the extended external queue/house. Garden of Allah has been experinecing internal demo and rebuilding since last year. I haven't been back to Uni since HHN, but I haven't heard of any walls going up around the building. La Bamba is connected to Allah, yes? If so, has it been affected (closed down) by the construction in Allah? Isn't La Bamba where they do the character breakfasts?

EDIT: Checked out the Character Breakfast on the Uni site. It is indeed in La Bamba, and appear available for purchase.

This is what I think is going to happen. Disaster closes shortly before HHN and Beetlejuice during the event with both being torn down after the event is over.

But...

Internal demo is an option, but I feel like they would need the queue space to store equipment and maybe set up a site for the demo, though usually demo/construction offices are usually set up in one of the expansion plots outside the parks. If anything, maybe they'll use only half the queue like last year. After all, there's already walls up there, and it's for only half the queue. Granted, they've been there since last HHN, but maybe that's why they're still there.

There's been walls all around Allah for months now, and external construction has been underway for about a month. It doesn't interfere with La Bamba though, as it's basically separated from the construction site. There's no plans to get rid of La Bamba as far as I know so they wouldn't need to close operations on that while construction goes on in the Gardens.

IF demolition on a grander scale prevents them from using the space, I don't see them trying to stick it somewhere else. RUN won't work in an indoor location, and unless they wanna try the MiB queue, there's no options. The next film comes out April 2017, and if they close the ride/land in November to have it open June 2017, that gives them 19 months for construction. Diagon Alley took 31 months from the day JAWS closed to opening day, but that also required completely excavating the ground due to 20 years of water damage, creating a completely new ride and ride system, and making a HUGE land. F&F/LA won't take that long, as for the most part they have the ride ready to go and the land won't be THAT big. 19-20 months is more than enough time to get it all open.

Y'all are severely overanalyzing this. Putting nine houses is a marketing gift for the event. They won't want to lose that last house.

If anything it'll be more low-key demolition without affecting the extended queue.

mystiquee, and others here, are correct.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 1

Yea, speculation season is basically done. It was finished by mid April. Now we just wait for all the official announcements and for the event to start. No more build up or guessing or anything. We literally know basically everything about the event, and it's 134 days away. I like knowing everything cuz I'm weak and want to know everything NOW instead of later, but speculating for a year long with no solid answers till Universal actually released the answers was a much more rewarding and exciting payoff.

Yea, speculation season is basically done. It was finished by mid April. Now we just wait for all the official announcements and for the event to start.

I don't know, there is still the chance that a house may get changed since it is so early. I'm hoping that Universal at least changes 1 or 2 of the scare zones too, that would help strengthen their story about supposedly sending out fake lists.

On a side note since there's not a lot of discussion going on, I decided to head over to Orlando United to see what they have going on. Some guy over there is implying that pretty much all the clues Dr. Jimmy has given out for the past 3 years were all April Fool's jokes and that none of them actually matched to the real lineups. I defended the good Doctor though.

• Like 3

They were installing wifi antennas.

Yep, there's about 10 of them and now IOA has 4 new ones going up. I really had hoped it was a sign of interactivity, but that doesn't look likely now. :(

As for spec, well I'll keep you all updated on permits. I'm getting ready to do a check now. That's about all that's left really. Although, I can spec minutia.

Like: With last year's chandelier and 08's previous steampunk zone in plaza, could we see flyers again?

Will the inmates be joinng the Gentlemen? Will we get awesome snow effects? Speaking of, there were permits recently for new air conditioning units (I think that's what the AHU abbreviation means) in two soundstages. 24 & 20, I think. I'd have to double check.

Will Run live up to my hopes and dreams?

• Like 2

Flyers would be awesome! I would be happy to discuss the little things with you Mystique

Yay!! I love discussing the little things!

*may have psychoanalyzed icons in the past*

Permit number 3. Does not specifically state Soundstage, but the 22 in the address suggests SS22.

https://www.facebook.com/HNNightmares/photos/a.628574477174200.1073741833.469616976403285/944172532281058/?type=1

So we do pretty much know everything but I'm not sure if the "Costume Contest" show actually was explained. Does anyone know what that show will be about?

It'll likely be like last year's auction. The contestants may be scareactors, plants, or guests. All that matters is that it's being run by crazy people, so what we think is a costume and what they think is a costume are likely different.

• Like 3