HHN 25 Speculation

JDW

okay i undertsadn but wouldn't be beter after you ran though the shadybrook hpouse you run into them again in scarezone which will prpabally be right next to house

the walking dead is a different i meant like they did for the walking dead scarezones i mean having to much prison theme stuff like having one prison theme house and two scarezones involving prision themes

I know I was just messing with ya!

That was one of my original questions, but logically it doesn't make sense. Why would a punch of violent inmates want to do anything with a carnival? They wouldn't want to run it. They'd want to ruin it. At least a bunch of psychopaths would be attracted by the lights and sounds and think they're "helping" in their own murderously misguided way.

By the way, the more I think about this the more I think, "Okay, psychopaths at a carnival makes a lot of sense. But, psychopaths FIGHTING Body Collectors? That seems more appropriate for violent inmates."

By the way, the more I think about this the more I think, "Okay, psychopaths at a carnival makes a lot of sense. But, psychopaths FIGHTING Body Collectors? That seems more appropriate for violent inmates."

who said they fighing eatchother?

I'd just like to take a moment to point something out. *looks at date* It's only the end of April and somehow we already have a full lineup of houses and scare zones. It wasn't until almost the middle of June when HHNRumors posted their list of houses last year and 25% of it was incorrect. Unless Universal is going to be releasing information much earlier than last year, there is still a ways to go before anything is official (at least to me). I don't want to get too excited (or lack thereof) about anything just yet.

With that being said...

I'm very interested in they will execute the Central Park scare zone. In my mind, it could be a very wide range of possibilities. Halloween "origins" could mean many different things. Are they referring to a Samhain/Celtic origin, Halloween (movie) origin, or the United States (retro Halloween - early to mid 1900's), or even the early Christian Danse Macabre? Whichever one is chosen, I hope justice is done to the holiday that more than likely was the catalyst that brought us Halloween Horror Nights to begin with.

I'd just like to take a moment to point something out. *looks at date* It's only the end of April and somehow we already have a full lineup of houses and scare zones. It wasn't until almost the middle of June when HHNRumors posted their list of houses last year and 25% of it was incorrect. Unless Universal is going to be releasing information much earlier than last year, there is still a ways to go before anything is official (at least to me). I don't want to get too excited (or lack thereof) about anything just yet.

With that being said...

I'm very interested in they will execute the Central Park scare zone. In my mind, it could be a very wide range of possibilities. Halloween "origins" could mean many different things. Are they referring to a Samhain/Celtic origin, Halloween (movie) origin, or the United States (retro Halloween - early to mid 1900's), or even the early Christian Danse Macabre? Whichever one is chosen, I hope justice is done to the holiday that more than likely was the catalyst that brought us Halloween Horror Nights to begin with.

I've been thinking this same thing - about it not even being May yet. I have to wonder how much may change between now and when we get "official" information. I realize it's too much to wish for that TWD goes away.. I just hope the stuff I'm actually excited about (AWIL - yes, I love it and don't care that "it's already back"; Insidious, Blizzard and the Halloween and Classic Monster scarezones - I love traditional Halloween scares and ambiance, i.e. pumpkins - yes please). So, for now, I am just hoping like hell that these all come true. I'm also really, really hoping for 9 houses and 6 scarezones. It should be at least that for such a big anniversary year. I realize Comcast clearly doesn't give a rat's ass since it appears they keep squeezing the budget, but I'm hoping A&D can pull off something epic as a celebration for all the years of hard work they've put in.

A really great, original commercial (without zombies) would be the cherry on top. Again, not holding my breath.. I will just go re-watch the old commercials on YouTube from back when they were good..

A bit off topic, but I am curious (nosey?): Legacy, where were you a scareactor last year?

• Like 1

I mean, even if I was a psycho, if I saw a bald creepy dude come in and start ripping out the spines and stuff of the other insane people, my insane mind would probably tell me to attack that dude...or work with him. But I don't see Body Collectors allowing others to join their work.

#StupidExplanationFTW

Edited by ForeverEvil1
  • Like 1

A bit off topic, but I am curious (nosey?): Legacy, where were you a scareactor last year?

I wasn't. I was in Screamhouse in 2002 and Catacombs in 2010. That's been if. I actually haven't even attended the event since 2011, and likely won't again for a long while.

Edited by Legacy

A really great, original commercial (without zombies) would be the cherry on top. Again, not holding my breath.. I will just go re-watch the old commercials on YouTube from back when they were good..

That's something I've been thinking about lately. This year could either be a REAL anniversary year, where they go full force and celebrate the amazing original creations that made Halloween Horror Nights' past so amazing. Or it could end up just being another IP centric, Walking Dead year with a "25th Anniversary!" tagline on it. How can it be an anniversary year when everything revolves around TWD again, like the past 3 years. I just can't see another Walking Dead commercial during an anniversary year. If that ends up being the case, then I'm done, and I totally blame Comcast. I want a real anniversary year, with advertisements/posters with icons and original content on it. Then, sure the IPs can be listed on the bottom. Who knows. I hope I'm not disappointed, which I'm usually not, but when they say it's going to be an anniversary year, I want to experience one. For real.

That's something I've been thinking about lately. This year could either be a REAL anniversary year, where they go full force and celebrate the amazing original creations that made Halloween Horror Nights' past so amazing. Or it could end up just being another IP centric, Walking Dead year with a "25th Anniversary!" tagline on it. How can it be an anniversary year when everything revolves around TWD again, like the past 3 years. I just can't see another Walking Dead commercial during an anniversary year. If that ends up being the case, then I'm done, and I totally blame Comcast. I want a real anniversary year, with advertisements/posters with icons and original content on it. Then, sure the IPs can be listed on the bottom. Who knows. I hope I'm not disappointed, which I'm usually not, but when they say it's going to be an anniversary year, I want to experience one. For real.

Would you be ok if they made a maze based off the spinoff Fear the Walking Dead instead of The Walking Dead of this season?

Would you be ok if they made a maze based off the spinoff Fear the Walking Dead instead of The Walking Dead of this season?

I've said this before. No matter what the title of the show is, it's still just more Zombies to me. Though I am interested to see what new atmospheres FTWD could bring as a maze, I'm still not sure how much different it would really be, when it's just more zombies but a different title. I'd rather watch the actual spinoff show first, and THEN decide if I'd prefer it over the original show as a maze.

On a different note, (getting TWD out of my system) I will say that I'm super intrigued by the scarezones. Scary Tales is something I've been calling to return since speculation began, and I'm totally excited that it's likely to return. It mixing with steampunk is a little strange but after giving it some thought, I really think they could pull an amazing scarezone with the concept. After all, they did pull off steampunk clowns. I'm also definitely excited by the fact that 6 zones is also likely to happen. The zones last year were great and all, but 4 wasn't enough for me, knowing that they had enough room for more.

As for the Roaming hordes, I'm still shifting some ideas around. My original idea was "Jack's Clown Horde" and "Eddie's Chainsaw Drill Team Horde", But that doesn't seem to be the case now, since the article said one horde is all male and the other female. I've been thinking along the lines of icons, since it's an anniversary. I still think Eddie will have his own horde with the CDT, but for the female horde.... Chance? Mary Agana? Who knows.... It's too hard without digging up horde clues from Cassi or Doc, if there even are any.

Edited by JackTheREAPER
  • Like 1

Two things:

1 The BC showing up in an 1888 asylum makes sense due to the history of asylums. Unfortunately, experimentation on the mentally ill isn't just an element of horror stories. It really happened.

2 Think about the Gentlemens' Assistants clothing. Does an insane asylum seem like an appropriate place for them to find their assistants now?

Since the SZs have leaked:

Steampunk ST in Plaza. We've seen something similar before. Maybe we will see a return of our simian aerialists?

EDIT:

Construction has begun!!

https://www.facebook.com/HNNightmares/photos/a.589886104376371.1073741828.469616976403285/940934705938174/?type=1

• Like 2

Apparently different departments got different lists (from ThreePackShagur on OU):

"Confirmed by my sources in the graphics/art department. Different lists for different departments. They'll be caught."

I've got to be honest, I think it would be awesome (in positive as well as negative ways) if they actually did this. I wonder what the punishment would be for releasing information like that. I only worked at 1 place that made me sign a contract stating I wouldn't reveal trade secrets. In my instance, they had the right to sue for damages. However, I don't really see how leaking information like this would actually cause any real harm (unless the lineup sucked).

"Different lists for different departments" is kinda funny though, since every list seems to be the same thing (as far as I've seen).

I second that! I will say however that I will be extremely surprised if Legacy's info is bad based on the current track record...

I still get all my info third hand and, like I said, I would love for Universal to have played all of us.

While I'm a little disappointed that the games are ending already, it was inevitable. The only way to prevent leaks nowadays is to make it official.

• Like 1

I still get all my info third hand and, like I said, I would love for Universal to have played all of us.

While I'm a little disappointed that the games are ending already, it was inevitable. The only way to prevent leaks nowadays is to make it official.

Well, if they did play us, what could they be bringing to the table? I mean, TWD may be still there (right?), FvJ is plausible, Scream is plausible, Insidious is plausible.

Also, http://hhnrumors.com/rumor-hhn25-shows-leak/

http://hhnrumors.com/hhn25-construction-permit/

Well... that's the trouble with the "it's a fake list" theory. It's all plausible. Not even plausible in a "the fans would be super-hyped to see this" plausible (like, if Doctor Who was on the list), it's all objectively conceivable that all of those houses will happen. The same with zones. Honestly, the least "plausible" zone is the one people are most excited for (Psychoscarepy's Carnival of Crazy. Is that the name? No idea, but it should be.)

Here's another issue with the "different names to different departments theory. A&D CAN'T give a list of different houses to Marketing... Marketing has to develop advertising/ad-copy for what is actually coming. Having them do work for stuff that isn't happening is a waste of time and money. While they viably could relabel houses/zones for costumes/make-up/contracting, they're still going going to be designing for what is actually coming. So, if new AWIL puppets are being developed, the contracting office will still have to finding a contractor to "build wolf puppets." They can't contract out for "build dragon puppets." If Alice in Wonderland is coming, costuming is going to have to create a Mad Hatter-esque costume, not a plague doctor. All the different departments have to have a unified vision in what is coming because that's how a successful business works.

• Like 3

I have no idea why Rumors is stating this is the only permit.

While the permits have been traditionally "pulled" simultaneously, last year showed us that that will not always be the case. Last year also showed us that a location may not be on the inital filing of a permit, but can be updated to include the location later. In previous years, we would see updates to permits regarding the number of houses in a particular building when soundstages held more than 1 house but only one permit was pulled for that location.

I also think each building will require it's own permit. While they all may share the 2015 Halloween Horror Nights is the project name (not guaranteed as last year showed us. I'm looking at you TWD permit), and possibly all share a master permit number, I don't see how Universal could have one all encompassing permit for multiple buildings. An example would be Project 340 <coughKongcough> there are multiple permits for that project and not just the various types (mechanical, engineering, fire, etc). There are multiple building permits for Project 340. The B-88 project also has multiple permits and that is for only one building.

As to why the permits may not be pulled simultaneously: when using a contractor/construction service, the contractor/construction service pulls the permits. Last year, there were three or four separate companies used to construct the houses.